PDA

View Full Version : Upload Robots, the Future

OwlbearUltimate
2008-11-10, 10:23 PM
Hey, I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I thought I'd like to share with you all a new, easy, and helpful site. Now keep in mind, this is completely non-profit and was simply made as a helping tool, the intention isn't money. A new website made by my friend www.uploadrobots.com is an uploading site that was primarily made to help students. If they do work at home on the computer, and need to import the file to the school, they can save time, avoid blocked e-mail sites, and use this to their needs.

Here's the idea. Let's say you write up an essay at home, and you want to be able to save it on the school's database. Instead of E-mailing to yourself, then copy and pasting it at the school on a Word document, then having to save it, you can use www.uploadrobots.com With it, you simply upload the file, go to school, visit the site, then download to the computer. This can work with all Word documents and MP3 files. Even if you want to move it from one computer to another, this can be done as easily. Not just for school, this site can be extremely helpful.

Its still fairly new, and my friend is making adjustments and new additions over day. I just hope that this will help some of you out. And if you try it and like it, spread the word, the more the merrier one could say. Also, if you have any questions, ideas, or art to submit (We need cool logos and various robots) PM me

www.uploadrobots.com

Lupy
2008-11-10, 10:26 PM
This sounds very useful. Do I have to download anything to use it?

reorith
2008-11-10, 10:28 PM
this sounds like a trap

OwlbearUltimate
2008-11-10, 10:30 PM
Nope, no downloads.

Lupy
2008-11-10, 10:31 PM
this sounds like a trap

He makes a convincing point. Do you have a security certificate for it?

NOTE: I did a test upload, so far so good, running a virus and spyware scan now...

OwlbearUltimate
2008-11-10, 10:33 PM
lol A virus on it, my friend could never make anything like that, but feel free to check. The only virus I can think of is that my friend set it so when another friend, Trevor, logs in, 20 pops-ups spring saying "gtfo trevor!"

But yeah, its secure, our school is actually considering using it for most downloads. We are also working on a file share program on it

Lupy
2008-11-10, 10:45 PM
No spyware, the virus scan is still running though... Any chance of getting .png or .jpg compatibility? Oh, and .txt and .rtf for those who don't have Word.

OwlbearUltimate
2008-11-10, 10:51 PM
Hmm, not completely sure on specifics, but I think just about everything works. I am actually waiting on friend so I can give you everything you need to know, but try and see what works, I know a lot does.

<----not so much programmer, if you couldn't already tell :smalltongue:

Lupy
2008-11-10, 10:57 PM
A friendly word of advice: type on this forum like you would a school paper. :smallwink:

It seems useful, I'll run a few more tests and post my results.

Zakama
2008-11-10, 11:04 PM
May I also suggest cl1p.net? (www.cl1p.net)

cammarata123
2008-11-10, 11:45 PM
Thanks Alex,

Ok, where to start. I am the programmer. It is created using mainly Jquery(javascript) and Php, along with the other typical web languages((x)html / css).

Every transaction is made through Ajax(asynchronous javascript and xml). All important data(ie. password) is encrypted twice through a one-way encryption algorithm called SHA1. In short, it is safe.

In terms of files, you can upload any file you want. TestFile.giantitp would be a valid uploadable/downloadable file. The site itself however is programmed to have preview support for all common image types, mp3 files, and flv videos so that you can actually see your file on the site without fully downloading it. Preview support is updated rapidly, I work on the site daily.

Just PM me or email me([email protected]) with any questions.

Hope you enjoy the site!

- Nick

P.S : There is no way to run a virus scan on a website, all the files are on the server and are unable to be viewed by a client, so what are you talking about?

pingcode20
2008-11-10, 11:47 PM
I think he was talking about downloading the file and scanning it after sending it through to make sure no viruses got picked up along the way.

---

It looks interesting, though. I'll bookmark it in case I ever need to transfer something.