PDA

View Full Version : Master Fyron has a son?

Gidion
2008-11-11, 02:34 AM
In comic 434 panel 8 Roy mentions Xycon killing Master Fyon and his son to get the crown Roy wears around his neck.
I haven't heard anything about him having a son before and he wasn't there in the room when he stole it from Master Fryon only Fryon and Roys Dad where. So what's he talking about anyone got any idea?

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-11, 03:18 AM
There is a lot of confusion about this.

Minor SoD spoiler:
There was no trace of Fyron's son anywhere in SoD, which lead some people to wonder if he was killed by Xykon before Eugene got there. Dispite raising people from the dead not being that hard if you can afford it, I doubt that this was the case due to Fyron only caring about the crown being returned while looking and annoyed rather then sad or angry. Another theory is that he died while trying to avenge Fyron's death. The fact that Roy has been the only character to mention a son suggests that he could have just misremembered the story of how Eugene swor the Blood Oath.

FujinAkari
2008-11-11, 04:34 AM
The most common theory (which I think I started, although more than just me may have thought of :smallsmile:) is that Fyron's son, like Eugene, swore vengeance on Xykon but, unlike Eugene, actually managed to FIND him.

Thus, Xykon killed both Fyron and his son, but Fyron's son wasn't actually there for the flashback.

An alternative theory is that Xykon killed Fyron's son before he reached the room Fyron was in and, chaotic to a fault, didn't mention anything about it. Eugene just found out about it later.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-11, 04:54 AM
The latter theory is definitly interresting (it would make sense if Fyron never discovered the corpse before being killed). Wouldn't Eugene have mentioned that in the SoD flashback, though?

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-11-11, 08:34 AM
Wouldn't Eugene have mentioned that in the SoD flashback, though?
Only other place I can think of for Roy to pick up that kind of info is the Oracle. But weren't all three of the questions from Roy and Durkon's first visit devoted to finding out tha Xykon was in the Redmountain Hills?

Ghastly Epigram
2008-11-11, 09:45 AM
Only other place I can think of for Roy to pick up that kind of info is the Oracle. But weren't all three of the questions from Roy and Durkon's first visit devoted to finding out tha Xykon was in the Redmountain Hills?

I do not think so. Roy/Durkon asked "Where is Xykon?" The Oracle answered "In his thrown room" so he got dangled out of the window until they got a third question. I cannot think of another question they would have asked regarding that, so presumably we do not know what the other question was. I find it very unlikely that it would be regarding Fyron's son though.

Fujin's second theory seems to make sense. In that case I guess Eugene did tell Roy, but we just do not see it (Indeed, in the same way we do not see the killing occur).

Alternatively, Roy has a fuzzy memory and imagined it? >.>

Scion_of_Darkness
2008-11-15, 08:14 PM
It could be a mistake that Mr. Burlew made. The death of Fyron's son may be a bit of information that the party hasn't obtained yet. In this case the author knew that Xykon also killed Fyron's son but forgot that the audience doesn't know yet.