PDA

View Full Version : Silly Shield [Feats]

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-11, 05:39 AM
Two-Shield Defense [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Dex 15, Int 13, Shield Proficiency, Improved Shield Bash, Combat Expertise
Benefits: When you wield any combination of Buckler, Light Shield and Heavy Shield, the Shield Bonus and Enhancement Bonus to AC from each shield stack (For example, wielding a Heavy Shield and a Light shield provides a total Shield bonus of +3 to AC). If wielding two shields for which you have Shield Specialization, these stack as well (Two heavy shields would provide a total of +6 to AC), but Shield Ward does not (Two heavy shields would still only provide +3 to touch AC).
You may bash with both shields, and take the relevant penalties for Two-Weapon Fighting (Heavy is One-handed, Light is Light, Buckler cannot be used)
Normal: When wielding more than one shield, only the highest shield bonus to AC is applied.

Towering Back Defense [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Str 13, Tower Shield Proficiency
Benefits: In lieu of a cloak, you can have a Tower Shield strapped onto your back, giving you the benefit of its Shield Bonus to AC while leaving your hands free. You still suffer the -2 penalty to all attacks, and you cannot use it to gain total cover. Its shield bonus to AC does not stack with any other shield you are wielding, even if you have taken the Two-Shield Defense feat. You cannot wield a Tower Shield in the normal way while you have a Tower Shield equipped like this.

Tower Shield Bash [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Str 13, Tower Shield Proficiency, Improved Shield Bash
Benefits: You may shield bash with your Tower Shield. It is wielded as a two handed weapon that deals 2d4 bludgeoining damage in the hands of a medium creature, with a critical range of 20/x2. Because the shield is used as your weapon, you do not take the usual -2 penalty on attacks with the tower shield, but attacks with any other weapon still take this penalty.
Normal: You cannot bash with a Tower Shield

Bonus: For 200GP, you can add a spike to your Tower Shield, which changes its damage to 1d10 piercing damage.

Pirate_King
2008-11-11, 12:27 PM
Towering Back Defense [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Str 13, Tower Shield Proficiency
Benefits: In lieu of a cloak, you can have a Tower Shield strapped onto your back, giving you the benefit of its Shield Bonus to AC while leaving your hands free. You still suffer the -2 penalty to all attacks, and you cannot use it to gain total cover. Its shield bonus to AC does not stack with any other shield you are wielding, even if you have taken the Two-Shield Defense feat. You cannot wield a Tower Shield in the normal way while you have a Tower Shield equipped like this.

You've seen people turtling in LARPs, haven't you.

Lert, A.
2008-11-11, 04:39 PM
Two-Shield Defense [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Dex 15, Int 13, Shield Proficiency, Improved Shield Bash, Combat Expertise
Benefits: When you wield any combination of Buckler, Light Shield and Heavy Shield, the Shield Bonus and Enhancement Bonus to AC from each shield stack (For example, wielding a Heavy Shield and a Light shield provides a total Shield bonus of +3 to AC). If wielding two shields for which you have Shield Specialization, these stack as well (Two heavy shields would provide a total of +6 to AC), but Shield Ward does not (Two heavy shields would still only provide +3 to touch AC).
You may bash with both shields, and take the relevant penalties for Two-Weapon Fighting (Heavy is One-handed, Light is Light, Buckler cannot be used)
Normal: When wielding more than one shield, only the highest shield bonus to AC is applied.

Exactly what I was looking for.

My Thri-keen triple defender will be a nice surprise for my PCs.

MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-11, 05:42 PM
You've seen people turtling in LARPs, haven't you.
No. I got TSD from watching Lilo & Stitch, though.

Exactly what I was looking for.

My Thri-keen triple defender will be a nice surprise for my PCs.

MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!

It's Two-Shield Defence. You'll have to find Multi-Shield Defence, and I haven't invented it yet. *Evil Laughter*

SurlySeraph
2008-11-11, 08:31 PM
These are great. Here, have an Internet.

SoD
2008-11-11, 08:35 PM
Only one suggestion: change the specific sheild mentioned in two sheild defense to 'all sheilds' possibley except tower sheilds. This allows the feat to be used with extreme sheilds and the like.

Lert, A.
2008-11-12, 12:36 AM
It's Two-Shield Defence. You'll have to find Multi-Shield Defence, and I haven't invented it yet. *Evil Laughter*

*whimper*

:smallfrown:

Icewalker
2008-11-12, 12:39 AM
Lert, even better, you could just have a Thri-keen with two large shields and a polearm. That'd be awesome.

Lert, A.
2008-11-12, 12:52 AM
Lert, even better, you could just have a Thri-keen with two large shields and a polearm. That'd be awesome.

Might do that, although I may just make a Multi-Shield feat, since I end up homebrewing everything else already, and was planning on making a feat like this anyways. I was only debating what I would use for prerequisites. *yoink*

The original concept - which I've been mulling for a couple of days - involved two heavy shields and a buckler, so he could attack one-handed with a light weapon in the off hand for opportunistic attacks or just to go two handed for the extra damage (only one less to AC).

Have to think about the polearm idea....

pingcode20
2008-11-12, 12:57 AM
Might do that, although I may just make a Multi-Shield feat, since I end up homebrewing everything else already, and was planning on making a feat like this anyways. I was only debating what I would use for prerequisites. *yoink*

The original concept - which I've been mulling for a couple of days - involved two heavy shields and a buckler, so he could attack one-handed with a light weapon in the off hand for opportunistic attacks or just to go two handed for the extra damage (only one less to AC).

Have to think about the polearm idea....

I'm not sure you even need a multi-version.

After all, the actual description of two-shield defence encompasses all equipped shields, not just two.

Lert, A.
2008-11-12, 01:02 AM
I'm not sure you even need a multi-version.

After all, the actual description of two-shield defence encompasses all equipped shields, not just two.

RAW vs. RAI. Yet that is what it says.:smallbiggrin:

Of course, I'm the DM. I get to do what I want. :smalltongue: