PDA

View Full Version : You bring your homebrew class 2!

Pages : [1] 2

Oslecamo
2008-11-11, 08:40 AM
It wasn't a pretty day. But then, in the last years, few days had been it.

Dark clouds fill the skies over the small village of Lagos, raining water and unnatural purple lightings as far as the eye can see. The storm has lasted for more than one day now. The village itself is built on the middle of a gods-forsaken swamp, with marshes as far as the eye can see at east and west, and a deep dark forest to the south. On top of a relatively small hill that allowed the building of an handfull of wooden stable structures, Lagos is surrounded by a crude but solid palisade, decorated with trophies of several creatures, showing that the habitants have known how to defend themselves over the years. Just a dozen steps from the village is a river large enough to allow sizeable boats to go trough it, and has allowed the village some degree of prosperity, from all those who head on towards the Shaddow Marches in search of treasure. It's strategically located in the closest thing to a safe road there is connecting the Shaddow Marches and the northern lands.

Most of the houses are simple huts for the orcs, half-orcs and humans who live in Lagos and sustain themselves out of a combination of fishing, hunting, foraging and services to the expeditions who now and then pass by. The Second Mourning hasn't affected their lifes much, since no dragon markeds lived nearby. A relatively rude but friendly community, they seem to be happy with normal lifes.

Outside the village, floating a few feets above the ground is "Vento Salgado", a mighty airship who has docked in Lagos the last day, aparently to take cover from the storm and ressuply.

From the remaining buildings, there's a small artisan's guild, that supplies all kind of basic tools to the community, a stone house where an halfing artificer has setled with his wife and sons, hoping to get new artifacts from passing adventurers instead of risking his own skin, a barracks where the villagers who seek to develop their martial skills gather to learn and organize the safety of the village, and a large tavern, "The Drunken Leech", where orcish barmaster Kraghj supplies all kind of spirits and exotic food made from swamp's fauna and flora by his own hand. The villagers seem to be specially found of his seaweed beer, despite it's sick green aspect.

It's in there you find yourselfs now, taking cover from the heavy storm outside just as most of the local population. The place is heavy crowded, several tables with groups of adults gamble their silver with dices, cards and other games while the young gather to a corner to hear an human bard tell stories of ancient adventures. Others simply drink and eat and talk about nothing in particular. A couple orcs have just gotten into a fist brawl for an unclear reason and the bystanders are taking bets for the winner, cheering them on.

What stands out in particular is an half-elf in fancy expensive clothing, who has taken the center largest table for himself. Vento Salgado's captain, Sijal, who looks around with a cunning smile while taking small sips from the local green beer. A scimitar at his belt, he looks an hardened person who has experienced quite a lot. Siting with him are his lieutenants, a dwarf in armor, a warforged covered in draps, a gnome carrying a staff and an human with a large blade at his back over his mythral chainshirt, all talking between themselves in short tones. They all exude an aura of discipline, and treat Sijal with profound respect. Standing on foot around them are a dozen crewmans in just leather armor, basic weapons at their belts, making sure nobody aproaches their captain unwanted.

Then, after around a quarter of hour, the captain calls some of his crewmans, whispers something to each of them, and they go to each one of you. Making a small bow, they look you in the eyes and say in a clear polite voice:

"Captain Sijal wishes you to join his table to drink togheter and talk of businesses. The captain believes you've got what it takes to help him in his current mission."

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-11, 09:07 AM
Akresh watches the man as he approaches and listens to his speech without comment, waiting about 5 seconds before nodding and then his body appears to discorporate into shadow and he reforms directly behind the half-elf

"You wanted to discuss business with me?"

Stance: Hearing the air (30 foot blindsense and +5 insight bonus on Listen checks.

Quick Reconnoiter allows a spot and listen check every round as a free action, from now on assume that I am taking one every round. +21 on the Listen check and +23 on the Spot check. I'll roll this rounds but please roll the rest of them.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Akresh's current persona is that of a human trader from Sharn named John Lort, he used to be a cavan guard before the current unpleasantness killed his previous employer and now he is trying to set himself up as a broker of high value, low bulk items. Those in the know and with the right contacts know that this is in fact a cover identity and that in reality John is a thief, information broker, and spy with ties to Breland intelligence.

Short of attempting to read Akresh's mind, more information can't be gained about this identity.

Kagehime
2008-11-11, 09:19 AM
Rin doesn't mind the rain in itself. It's been the being caught in it that annoys her. And now she's reluctant to get up from her spot by the fire, drying her long hair and doing her best not to get involved with the betting. (That's not seemly for a priestess.)

She's been occasionally glancing over to the expensive mercenary-sort party at the other table every so often, but the direct question surprises her. Raising an eyebrow and sighing a little, she nods with a light bow in return, and makes her way casually over to the table, noting the human who has apparently been told the same thing.

"Is there something you wanted me to help you with?"

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-11, 10:44 AM
Samantha
Samantha watches warily as the man walks over to her, she was curious as to why an airship captain would want to talk to her.

What can I do for you?
Sha asks as she sits with the half elf and the other adventurers.

Eldan
2008-11-11, 03:23 PM
Vorato

Vorato is wearing a plain, male face today. Short, brown hair, little scar on his chin, beard stubble, brown leather clothes. Grey, cold eyes; he never changes those, even if he could.
As he is approached with an offer, he stands up and steps closer.
A small, cynical smile dances across his lips as one of the other "guests" displays his shadow power. This would be more interesting than he had thought.
"So?", he asked.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-11, 06:11 PM
Ainariel

Ainariel clutches the hilt of his rapier as the messenger approaches, but relaxes a bit after he gets the message. He checks the bar for anyone who might be watching him, and takes a good look at the rest of the adventurers who have gone up. Finally, Ainariel hurries across to the table, sitting at the place that puts as few people behind him as possible. "I'm here. Tell me what this 'current mission' is, and I'll tell you if I want to take it."

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-11, 06:18 PM
Emilio

The disheveled psion looks up before the crewman can say anything.

"Obviously," he interrupts him. Emilio pauses, "Oh wait, time flows that way for you. Tell him I much appreciate the drink he's about to buy me."

Emilio seats himself next to the captain.

"You have an eye for form, it seems?"

No powers yet, just crazy talk.

Oslecamo
2008-11-11, 08:53 PM
As you acept the invitation and sit in the center table, Sijal skillfully throwing some golden shiny coins to Kraghj, asking to keep the drinks coming. Smiling lightly, he looks at each of you in the eyes with a pair of charming emerald globes and speacks in an elegant yet strong voice, while his lieutenants keep silent.

Thank you all for joining my table, dear friends. I'm Sijal, captain of Vento Salgado, and I've sailed trough most of Eberron's skies in my fifty years of work. Now, I believe we have never met before, but I must say, I've got a good eye to seeing people's...Let's call it people's "talent". You see, most people are what we call "normal", but some can shoot fire out of their hands, others can do some amazing jobs with a blade, others still can dismantle a mechanism in mere seconds. I've seen many of these talents during my career, and I've become quite adept at identifying if someone has those kinds of talent or is just another normal person.

No, I don't ask you to tell your stories or exact abilities, everybody has their secrets and I understand if you don't want to talk about them. I trust my instinct that you're all quite capable at something, and it's capable people I need now. But it's no use trying to trick me that you're just simple travelers.

Now, on to the what truly matters, even in these hard times, businesses.

As you all probably know one of the major factions on this swamps were the Gatekeepers. Orcs who draw their power from nature and defeated a daelkyr invasion, so we should all be very thankfull to them . One not so well known detail fewer people know is that the gatekeepers were taught most of their skills by a dragon, Vvaraak, a lot of time ago. Like most dragons, he also acumulated a lot of wealth, but aparently spent most of it studying the dragon prophecy and creating measures against the daelkyr. For what it seems he stored his discoveries inside his vault, to keep them safe.

After the dragon's death, however, the gatekeepers decided to turn the place into a holy shrine and stop anyone from entering it. Thanks to that, a lot of extremely valuable artifacts, scrolls and books has been kept away from civilization for many years. For the last centuries the gatekeepers had forgoten the location of the shrine, but it was lie, and they took all kind of measures to keep it hidden from us explorers.

We know it was a lie because recently a druid came asking help for my beloved benevolent lord, who managed to make his honorable house survive the second mourning mostly unarmed thanks to his wisdom and skill.

The druid in question was an old aquaitance, and we had worked togheter several times to fight the servants of the dragon below and aberrations run loose. But this time only, he was desesperate for help.

Because for what it seems the gatekeepers have stretched their remaining forces to the limit during the last ten years, trying to contain the effects of the Second Mourning, to little avail. But meanwhile, the cult of the dragon below has gotten stronger. People are looking for new gods to protect them, and aberrations run wild everywhere. The wardings of the vault of Vvaraak has weakened, and the Cult of the Dragon Below has discovered and attacked it. So far the gatekeepers seem to have managed to hold off the attacks, but the cultists come back stronger every time. So he came at us asking for reinforcments. And my lord sent us to aid out of his good will.

Now neither me, my companions or my crew are cowards or weak, but we would like to have as much force with us as possible for this mission. Most of the people in this village...They probably would be more hindrance than help in the upcoming battles. But you...You look like you're made of the right stuff for this mission. In return for your help you'll get a fair share of the enemy's spoils. Who knows, maybe we could get a look at the famed vault after we push back the cultists for good?

So, what do you say? You're interested?

As Sijal finishes his speech, the barkeeper brings several tankards full of beer and distributes them around the table. The dwarf quickly gets hold of his, drinks it in one sip and remarks:

Ya talk too much captain. Pansy tree hugging guys need help. We go and show them how to kill damn cultits. They go to hell, we get their shiny stuff, everybody stays happy.

It isn't that simple, Grornek-says the captain to the dwarf in an harsh tone- Remember, that cave may have the answer we've been looking for. We can't allow it to fall on the cultists hands.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Spot and listen don't reveal anything particular. Some people trying to cheat in the gambling. Rumors of new strange creatures roaming the swamps. Sijal and their lieutenants all are well equiped with good quality magic equipment.

Kagehime
2008-11-11, 09:32 PM
Sitting down, Rin glancs around at the other people arranged around the table, and their various ways of acknowledging the question. A motley crew, to be sure--but that's to be expected, now more than ever.

Listening, she leans forward, one hand brushing her hair out of her way. This is an interesting story for reasons than one. While she would prefer not to call herself "treehugging", she does have a deep respect for nature. What's more, the tenets of her faith do urge purity above all else, and if cults of vile fiends from Yomi, or Khyber, don't qualify as unclean, nothing does. Finally, how fun would it be to see something that normal people...well, okay, non-Gatekeepers--hadn't seen in ages?

In a moment, she leaned back and looked around, giving thought to each of the others gathered around the table, not yet companions, and totally ignoring any drinks. She prefered sake, anyway."Hmm...simple or no, it sounds like a pretty important job," she observes, raising an eyebrow, "and I think that if anyone in here could help you do it, we'd be the ones. You people?" she asked in return, waving a robed hand to indicate the rest of the table and also trying to figure out if there was anything left unsaid.

Sense Motive check: [roll0]

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-11, 10:26 PM
Emilio

The sculptor had leaned back in his chair, alternating between sipping his drink and counting the party and himself.

7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Of course

"Dragons, demons, daelkyr? Epic struggles of madness and valor! A cacophony of vile villains and their eldritch masters! You sir, have a commission!"

Emilio leaned forward into his chair, clapping it hard against the floor.

"No, I will not!," he spits at Akresh and Ainariel.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-11, 10:31 PM
Ainariel

Ainariel eyes his beer suspiciously. It doesn't smell poisoned. Would the barkeeper know which ones to poison, if he'd been hired for that? Ainariel doesn't drink any, but taps on the side of the tankard as he speaks. "The place's vault had artifacts, scrolls, and books, you said. Plus whatever the cultists are carrying. It sounds acceptable. At least, so far. Where is it?"
Though he is interested in the money, Ainariel is fixated on the captain's words about "the answer we've been looking for." What could it be? Why didn't he want the cultists to have it? Might he kill his employees to keep them from having it? Was he hiring them to find it for him, and if so did he plan to kill them afterwards? Emilio's outburst snaps Ainariel out of his thoughts. "Are you threatening me? Because I'm not threatening you. I don't need any corpses right now."

Might as well use Sense Motive. On the captain, that is. [roll0]

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-11, 10:55 PM
Samantha

Samantha holds on to her own drink when the beer is brought over, it's not that she doesn't trust it, she just likes hers better.
Hmm, this seems like it would be a good test of my abilities if nothing else, she thinks, and a little extra treasure is always nice.
I dunno about important jobs, but this seems like it would be interesting if nothing else, I'm in.

I dunno how to do spoiler tags so-

sense motive (on the captain) [roll0]

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-11, 11:08 PM
Akresh completely ignores his drink and the man who spits at him as he thinks money is always nice, and if it gets hairy I can always bolt. although violating a contract would be bad form and then speaks "My price is a guaranteed 4 pounds of platinum, half up front now. In the event that the artifacts you speak of actually exist I want a percentage of the haul, you have the right too buy any of the items I want at fair market value less 10% if you can provide payment in an acceptable form at the time."

Oslecamo
2008-11-12, 06:00 AM
You sure know how to pick them captain-says the warforged, but Sijal just chuckles at seeing Emillio spiting and proceeds to answers back the questions.

The location has been supplied to us. It's deep in the marsh forest south of us, more or less one day of flight. It was normally protected by all kind of wardings from explorer's eyes but it seems like they've faded with the cultist actions and all the unnatural cataclyms of the last years. The druids normally finded it thanks to signs of their secret language, but we've been provided a map of it's location by the gatekeepers.

We'll fly in Vento Salgado as close as we can get to vault, and then we and you will then drop by ropes to the ground. If the gatekeepers are still there we'll help them in whatever's needed. If not, well, we'll have to do our best to repel the cultists from the vault by our own hands.

In the best scenario, we'll manage to find and "neutralize" whoever's leading the cultitsts attacks, hopefully making them no longer a threat and giving time to the gatekeepers to restore their protective wardings.

In the worst scenario, we'll save whatever we can from the vault and retreat to the airship. More questions?

Sijal then hears Akresh's price, and lets out a small whistle.

Ah, it seems like I picked a professional. Well, I guess some people need some material incentive. Your conditions are acepted

The captain then takes out a small purse, and from inside it takes some dimanods, carefully examining them for a moment, and then puting them in front of Akresh.

I don't have that much platinium with me right now, but this should be equally valuable.

His human lieutenant grunts and says in a cheery voice
I told you they wouldn't all help for free!

Fine, you win this one, Aopar-answers Sijal, taking out one more diamona and throwing it to Aopar, who skillfully grabs it with his gloved hand and puts it in a purse of his own belt.

Samantha and Rin
You sense that there's something fishy with the captain's story. Not that he's directly lying to you, more that he's intentionaly leaving some parts out. The dragon cave and cultist attacks part seems like ok, but the rest seems to be missing something.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 06:19 AM
Akresh glances at the diamonds and then pulls a jewelers loup out of a pouch sewn into his belt before examining them.

appraise: [roll0]
Everything under this spoiler assumes that he doesn't notice any flaws in the gems.

He then puts the jewelers loup back in the pouch and drops the diamonds in another pouch before saying "Well, you've bought my services for the duration and with me assuming good faith. If I find out that you have lied to me, misrepresented the risk inherent in this venture, attempt to double cross me, or backstab me then the contract is void and your down payment is considered a the minimum penalty, the maximum penalty is that the assassins with my revenge contract decide that it is time to honor that contract. They have already been informed on our arangment. You are free to release my contract at any time before I consider it complete, in the event that you choose to exerciser this option you owe me 100 GP a day for each day that I am under contract with you for each of the first 10 days and 200 GP for every day after that. Assuming all of this is acceptable to you then I am ready to leave now, if not then I will return your down payment and bid you good day."

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 06:26 AM
Technically none of what Akresh said was a bluff so sense motive should show that all of it's true, same with magic. The assassins guild does have a revenge contract as he just hired himself, which is technically allowed under guild rules. Likewise the guild, represented in Akresh, has been informed of every facet of the meeting.

Ah, technically true statements that imply so much that is false.

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 08:31 AM
Rin was not pleased by the domineering one sitting next to her. Oh, joy. She needed the funds, but unfortunately, that often meant dealing with that type. Ah, well. Sensing that she was right--there was something suspicious--she frowned slightly, though it was rather noticeable on her thin face. Let her guess...was he planning on killing them all when they got out? Well, she could fly away if so and attack from the air.

Leaning forward, she sighed, then spoke up officially. "I'll take the job, too, but I, too, require funds for this. Consider it a donation to a religion that's managed to stay alive and do good in these bleak times." She took out a piece of paper from a pocket, scribbled something onto it, and pushed it towards the captain and his companions. "My fee."

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 08:55 AM
Akresh snorts when he hears how the women phrases her request for payment ah religion, it tends to make people so dishonest he then says "Ah that is a grand word, good. It's definition changes with every individual and often every use. It has justified a whole list of heinous crimes. Yet it has also brought down nations and caused others to rise. So when you say good works do you mean keeping yourself fed, clothed, and living in luxury or do you mean paying too feed the homeless and cure the sick? Or perhaps yours in one of those more militant faiths that has sprung up recently and counts the wholesale slaughter of every dragon marked individual to be just and good?"

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 09:03 AM
"A valid point," Rin notes drily, turning to face him with an eyebrow raised, then leans forward, her countenance becoming clouded with some annoyance."But then, there are some religions that are actually concerned with purity and balance. What's more, I'd thank you not to talk to me about living in luxury," she adds with rather a more caustic edge. "At least, not until you've been working night and day cleaning bathtubs and polishing floors for the wealthy since you were one year old! As for the abberant dragonmarked, as long as I don't get affected, It doesn't really matter in the long run whether they live or die, as long as the land manages to survive."

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 09:14 AM
i thought provoking her might work, it does tend to get information

Akresh smiles and shakes his head as he says "You misunderstand me, my dear. I never accused you of living in luxury, I was merely musing on a philosophical point. I just find it amusing how so many use the word good in regards to themselves and their acts. Let's take your statement here, you claim that your religion does good in these bleak times, yet you fail to say what acts your religion has performed. That means that we must trust solely in your opinion of what is or is not a good act, and I've met some people with very twisted definitions of the word good. Note that I'm not saying that your wrong in your assessment of your faith, without knowing what faith you belong too I'm in no position to make such a statement."

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 09:21 AM
Though Lawful, Rin had never been known for her even temper.

She frowned again, deeper, her lips somewhat pursing. "Hmph. Well, they do say that everyone is a hero to themself." Hearing his other comment, she shook her head, and wiped a bit of remaing dirt from her headband. "I think trusting in that is kind of the definition of faith, isn't it? Still, if you must know...and you might as well, I guess, if we're to work together on this...I follow the ancient traditions of Shinto. The kami simply exist, and are at balance with the world. It's humans and others who screw it up."

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 09:36 AM
Akresh smiles and says "Oh agreed, most of the sentient races tend to screw things up. Very few people have the intelligence to plan properly or foresee the consequences of their's and others actions and even fewer have the wisdom to recognize whether the benefits really do outweigh the costs. As for the definition of faith, why should I have faith in your judgments? I'm guessing that my new employer has at least a passing familiarity with you or at least your reputation but I don't. And it would be nice too know what you consider good, as I've found people tend to rarely take actions that they themselves see as evil. I mean there are individuals who see the killing of anyone associated with anything that they are involved with as "good", and if you're one of those then this will be an interesting job. I don't believe that you are but it's always best to make sure."

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 09:56 AM
Rin simply nodded and sighed in response to that, rubbing her temples lightly. It was very true; she'd seen what could happen if people got too greedy--nasty things, in that case literally. However, she looked up at his questioning tone, and shook her head lightly. "Frankly, I don't think he has any idea about any of us. We just look like the toughest things here. But...what the hey. I'll tell you about it anyway. Look. Goodness is when people do what's good for each other, which is what's good for the majority. People ought to care about themselves, about each other and about how they can work to make things better for both."

Opposed Sense Motive Check to realize he's pumping her for information:
[roll0]

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 10:19 AM
Akresh shrugs and says "Perhaps you're right. Oh well, it's not like it matters all that much."

He then pulls a small book titled "A History of House Deneith" out of a belt pouch and appears to be concentrating on it quite heavily.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Using Autohypnosis to memorize every page of the book. I auto succeed on the DC 15 check (+14)

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 10:25 AM
Rin shrugs, then turns back, pulls out some ofuda, and begins to study them again, hoping to improve her skill even more with magic.

Oslecamo
2008-11-12, 10:26 AM
The gems aren't exactly flawless, but they're really good quality nothless and should be worth two pounds of platinium whitout trouble.

When Akresh starts to speack his conditions, Aopar hands starts reaching for his sword.

How dare you doubt of the captain's word you...

No, Aopar, no need for that-interrupts the half elf- It's a dangerous world we live on and our new friend has all the reasons to get some insurances for his trouble. Your conditions are acepted. They show profissionalism, and I like that.

As you wish, captain...But if you try some funny tricks on us, I'll breack you into two.-threatens the human.

Sijal then reads the fee of Rin, and says
"Acepted, but my purse is geting a little too light. Mind if I pay you when we're in the airship?"

Meanwhile, Rin manages to realize that she's talking a lot and learning too little.

Soo, what's the secret fee?

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 10:37 AM
Akresh just shrugs at the humans threat and says, without looking up from his book "Kill me and you and your captain will be dead within a week. Assuming that he knows me and didn't just pick me randomly in a tavern this fine night then he knew my regular operating conditions before he ever invited me over. The fact that he had enough to cover my fee on hand is a further indication. And I too prefer professionalism captain, it makes things so much simpler."

Still making my spot and listen checks every round and a Sense Motive check against both the captain and the human too see if this was staged and their reactions too my comments

Sense Motive (captain): [roll0]
Sense Motive (human): [roll1]

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 10:55 AM
Ugh. Is this the kind of thing that really happened out here so often? Can't they go two minutes without hurling threats at each other? In either case, though, she snaps back to attention when the words are directed to her, and sighs. Okay, maybe I need to be a bit more quiet to pick up on some more of the background here, she thinks Normally she would be, as she's not usually known to be usually a talkative sort of person.

Twisting one of the locks of hair that framed her face idly, she considers for a moment, and eventually nods. "Alright, so be it."

It's not really a secret, she just thinks it too gauche to say it out loud. Or pretends to think so--she's actually just pretending to be the ditzy priestess for now. It's roughly about the size of Akresh's fee, but she demands that 2 pounds of the first down payment are in jade instead. For reasons known only to herself.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-12, 11:27 AM
Samantha

Great, some fool who's view of his self worth is entirely too inflated and a priestess who can't seem to realize when she's being pumed for information. Samantha thinks to herself.

Hey now, if everyone else is getting a fee I think I'll take one as well. She says with a smirk.

Oslecamo
2008-11-12, 12:17 PM
Sijal answers to Akresh, who got the impression that the human is just hot headed and the threatening was impulsive.

I assure you, I've never met or heard of you before. If I carry valuable diamonds with me, it's just to be able to pay other clerics for raise dead spells to me and my crew should anything happen to our own cleric that may prevent him from doing so

The captains words seem as sincer as they can be.

That brings back memories- says the warforged, his mechanical face changing into what looks like a smirck-I had to spend a whole week in Xen'Drick trying to find diamonds so the local drow cleric could bring old Grornek back to our world while the Captain and the other boys fighted the mutant giants. From then on the captain carries his own supply of jewels to prevent that from hapening again.

And I've brought you back three times already, you tin man-replies the dwarf, drinking a second round-It means you still owe me two.

Well, so since each of you seems to want a fee in particular exotic materials, I think I'll have to go to my airship to see what can be arranjed. Care to acompany me? Or would you rather wait here?-says Sijal, geting up from the table and making a move inviting towards the bar's door. His lieutenenats also get up and wait for their captain to move.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 12:24 PM
Akresh shrugs, puts his book away, and says "I'm ready and have everything I need."

He then follows the captain and his men to the ship

Rolled when he heads outside.

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 12:32 PM
Rin shrugs as well, and stands up, pushing aside the still full jug and tucking her ofuda into the front of her kimono. "Alright, I'm willing to go now, too," she replies, and walks out with them.

"Has it stopped raining?" she asks with little hope.

I might as well roll listen and spot as well.
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Eldan
2008-11-12, 02:10 PM
Vorato

Waiting until the others have stated their conditions and at least temporarily stopped arguing, Vorato smiles, then speaks.

"I accept. I want no payment up front, as this seems interesting enough. I will, however, take my share of these 'ancient artefacts'".

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-12, 02:38 PM
Samantha

Samantha follows the captain back to his ship with the others, although she hangs back just a bit. As the group walks towards the ship she puts up her plane of resistance as an umbrella.

I know there are more rain drops than I could actually catch, but I'm hoping you'll let it slide. also spot/listen-
[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-11-12, 04:43 PM
As you exit the tavern, you see that the rain is actually falling even more heavily than before, and you all quickly get soaked except for Samantha, to who the rain drops stop a feew centimeters from her head and then roll over an invisible surface, falling by her sides.

First you don't see or hear anything special when you step outside, but soon after you leaving and moving down the road that leads outside the village, Akresh sees a small group of hooded figures exiting the bar after you, barely visible due to the heavy rain. They seem to quickly discuss something between them, and then half of them starts to follow you from a distance, trying to conceal themselves as best as possible, while the remaining move away to the other buildings around the tavern. The heavy rain makes it impossible to understand what they said. However, Akresh could swear he saw a glimpse of sharp blades being drawn between them.

Samanta herself doesn't see anything, but she hears something trailing the party at some distance.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19]

[roll20]
[roll21]

[roll22]
[roll23]

SurlySeraph
2008-11-12, 06:14 PM
Ainariel

Ainariel nods and gets up. "I think I'll go with the same policy as that human. Artifacts can do me a lot more good than gold. They're harder to take, for one thing." Ainariel tries to stay behind the rest of the adventurers and crew members. Everyone seemed safe enough - well, that dark-haired elf was odd-looking and a bit too smart to trust, and that other human was either a lunatic or knew far more about Ainariel than he should - but the rest of them didn't seem unpredictable. As long as he kept an eye on those two, the rest should take care of themselves. As for the airship crew, they were certainly organized and well-armed, but that was to be expected.

As he leaves, Ainariel glances back at the tavern. Were they being followed? The rain would make it hard for any archer to shoot him in the back, but then it was too loud to be sure if anyone was sneaking up on him. Ainariel keeps taking backward looks, whenever he isn't making sure that Akresh and Emilio don't make any sudden movements.

Oslecamo
2008-11-12, 06:21 PM
Ainariel fails to see or hear anything particular trough the heavy rain.

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 06:53 PM
Rin still had a slightly bad feeling about this, so she was keeping her guard up, but she failed to notice anything actually suspicious, and merely gazed around, sulking somewhat at all the rain.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 07:49 PM
SurlySeraph

Akresh is using his minor shapechange ability to appear as a human. Unless you can see through alter self you would only see the human. And as far as anyone is concerned his name is John.

Without looking around Akresh pitches his voice so that only the Captains party can hear and says "We're being followed. A small group exited the tavern after us and is concealed pretty well by the rains. Half of them are attempting to shadow us and the other half went too some of the buildings around the tavern. Should I remove them Captain? Or should I take out the ones who broke off and headed towards the other buildings while you deal with the trailers?"

How many individuals are in both of the groups? And how far ahead of them are we?

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-12, 07:54 PM
Emilio

Emilio pounds back three oddly colored drinks and lights a crooked cigarette without a match. He grew aware of his surroundings once more as he stumbled out the bar. Somewhere in his fractured psyche Defarge remembers talk of prices.

"I demand twice of what they're being paid. Combined. And no less than five pillars of marble. And a cabin," he blurts. His ego not being sufficiently stroked as of late.

"Hehehehe," he giggles to himself, "Hired killers with a sense of revenge. How refreshing. Or wait, what's that word that means the opposite of refreshing? Passe, that's it, I mean passe."

The artist continues puffing on the pink elephant cig, despite the rain having put it out. Ainariel will notice the bone is still smoking.

Matter agitation to light. 1 PP spent.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-12, 08:50 PM
Ainariel

Ainariel begins to look confused and slightly unnerved as Emilio talks. The human was clearly a madman. But how was he still smoking in this rain? There was clearly something more to him than met the eye. And what was this about vengeful hired killers? The last hired killers Ainariel had seen were the ones who had driven him out of Aerenal. Were they still after him somehow? Ainariel sidles up behind Emilio. "My good man, I'm sure Captain Sijal will arrange your payment when we get to the airship. But what's this you're saying about hired killers? Are there hired killers here?"

SurlySeraph

Akresh is using his minor shapechange ability to appear as a human. Unless you can see through alter self you would only see the human. And as far as anyone is concerned his name is John.

Sorry, forget about that. John. Got it.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-12, 09:10 PM
Samantha

Upon hearing the group following them and "John's" warning Samantha readies an action to take to the air as soon as combat breaks out.
Jeez, we haven't even made it to the ship yet and we've already got people after us. What aren't you telling us?
She asks the captain.

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-12, 09:13 PM
Emilio

"Huh, uh? Oh my, everywhere I'd imagine. They wouldn't be very good killers if we could see them. But if I were to pin down one oooooooh," the psion's finger waves wildly and accusingly at the crew, until it lands on the human named John.

"Surely it couldn't be the man who slips through shadows, the man with a contract on his life, the man who is about to threaten me with my life. Surely not," Emilio murmurs.

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 09:24 PM
As usual, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Rin sighed, looking around at the party sourly through the sheets, and dripping. Seeing the other woman tense, she thought it might be prudent to prepare an action for flight herself, as well, and stepped closer to the captain, hopefully so arrows wouldn't come her way.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 09:29 PM
Akresh sighs and says to the crazy man"I hope you weren't hired for your ability to predict the future, as you aren't very good at it. And I don't have a contract on my life, I have a contract with certain individuals to ensure that anyone who kills me will quickly join me in leaving the plane of the living. Now if you don't have any opinion on what to do with the individuals following us I suggest that you be quiet." To the rest of the group he says "Unless anyone has a better idea I'm thinking that it's time to start removing those individuals."

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-12, 09:51 PM
Emilio

"Hehe, you're funny," the artist pips. Killers or no, the group tagging them was becoming a concern.

"Contracts on lives, life contracts, contracting nasty bugs, contacting nasty relatives...", he drifts dreamily.

"I don't think I may attend on these men, but my friends might..."

Two puddles still themselves on the dock behind them. The water takes a silvery sheen and begins writhing into forms more solid by the second.

"They're here..."

The amorphous blobs finally congeal into two identical beaked monstrosities. The slimy things have tentacle-like arms with no fine digits and a posture that seems almost weighed down by their muscular builds.

Concentration check to psionically focus automatically made
Manifesting an Astral construct with 16 PP (overchannel/talented) and expending the focus to twin the power for an additional 6 PP

Constructs
Cheeky little fellows on the right. Crunch in OOC momentarily.
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/Lord_Of_The_Ducks/astralconstruct7.jpg

SurlySeraph
2008-11-12, 09:51 PM
Ainariel

If he is what my interesting new friend says he is, it'll be safer to keep him off guard. And if he isn't, it'll be safer to keep him happy.

"I am inclined to agree, John. Do you want to give them a warning or strike quickly?" Ainariel draws his rapier, and he mutters a few words while pressing his off-hand against the blade it. As he does so, the sword begins to pulse with faint shadows.

Casting Negative Burst Weapon on my rapier (+1d6 negative energy damage, +1d10 additional on a successful critical hit), lasts 6 minutes.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 10:12 PM
As the constructs start too form Akresh says "You idiot. You just made us loose surprise. I could have taken care of the group that split off without them raising the alarm, which would have meant that we could have stopped them. But you had to go and let them know that we knew they were there. Now we have to strike."

With his last sentence a dagger suddenly appears in each hand and Akresh simple disappears.

Free action to get my daggers
Swift action to use Cloak of Deception (greater invisibility until the end of my turn)
Move action to move to the group.
Standard action to attack one of the the people following us, ideally one off to the side.
Rest of move action to move past the group.

Attack Roll 1: and ignores opponents Dex to AC, +2 if opponent is flat-footed
Attack Roll 2: [roll1] and ignores opponents Dex to AC, +2 if opponent is flat-footed
Damage Roll 1: [rollv]1d4+6d6+20, +2 if opponent is flat-footed, reroll any 1's on sneak attack dice
Damage Roll 2: 1d4+6d6+20, +2 if opponent is flat-footed, reroll any 1's on sneak attack dice

As part of moving I'm making hide and move silently checks
Hide: [roll2]
Move Silently: [roll3]

Both of those are after the modifers for being invisible and attacking this round.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 10:14 PM
Damage 1:[roll]1d4+20] + [roll0]
Damage 2:[roll]1d4+20] + [roll1]

Rerolls of 1's for sneak attack dice: [roll2]

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-12, 10:18 PM
Bloody stupid dice
Damage 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

These are the final damage numbers including sneak attack. Let's hope the dice work this time.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-12, 11:20 PM
Samantha

John, so touchy, tsk tsk
Samantha says as she ascends into the rain soaked air. She focuses on one of the attackers and unleashes waves of force in his direction.

Samantha is using a bludgeoning raiment and making a trip attempt.
attack roll- [roll0]
if that hits then trip attempt- [roll1]
also if the attack roll hits then damage- [roll2]

damnit, first attack roll I make and it's a natural 1

Kagehime
2008-11-12, 11:34 PM
Rin sighs and shakes her head. Well, they've put their foot in it now; she might as well help. Taking flight into the air alongside Samantha, she calls, "Next time, why don't we just send them an engraved invitation?

Oh, well. Flame Strike!" She calls, targeting an enemy and the one next to him.

I assume they're in range.
1d20+10
Damn dice!
1d20+10

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-12, 11:59 PM
Samantha

Hey don't look at me, it's all these people running around with penises that are starting the fights!
Samantha says to Rin with a wry grin.

Oslecamo
2008-11-13, 01:12 PM
The captain murmurs something inaudible and then answers to Akresh

Yes, I also noticed them. They seem like normal scum, of the kind that's everywhere those days, atracted by the smell of our money. However I think those here are just to try to delay us. I believe the true attack will be directed at my airship. I and my crew must hurry back to it, but leaving our backs exposed isn't very wise

If you could take care of these criminals here, it would be a good help to us. And also a good show of trust. Try to catch one or two of them alive for interrotation later. Now I must go. Once you're finished here, come to the airship as fast as possible.

With these words, the Captain draws his scimitar, lets out a scream and starts running, followed by his lieutenants in close fomation.

To the ship, men! Our comrades must be in danger!

AYE SIR!-answer the others in unisson, running by his side.

Situation

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/swarms-16.gif

Purple dots are the enemies in vision. Big green boxes are buildings, roughly 15 feets tall. Small brown squares are a mixture of puddles of water/debris/holes that count as dificult terrain.

Akresh saw 6 more enemies disapear in the middle of the buildings.

The blue squared area is where you beginned, at a square of your choice. Please pick the square where you intend to stay after finishing your actions. And roll iniative those who didn't.

Don't mind the random circles in the right side. Hadn't time to correct that.

Iniative

Visible enemies(move all at the same time)[roll0]
You got a suprise round, so they will only move next turn.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-13, 01:27 PM
okay, initiative-
[roll0]

as for placement, I'm about 40 feet above the far left square in the second row (r12).

SurlySeraph
2008-11-13, 02:56 PM
Ainariel

Ainariel glares at the captain's back as he runs. "Either the captain's afraid or he led us into an ambush. Either way, those men won't come come any closer than where I want them."

Ainariel turns to one of the approaching men and shouts a strange word at him.

Casting Blindness (Fort. DC 16) at the enemy in square I19. I'll start and end the turn at square Q17.
Initiative: [roll0]

EDIT: Woo, great initiative! I feel special. sidhe blooded, do you want to make a "The dice are trying to kill me" club?

Eldan
2008-11-13, 03:22 PM
Votaro

"I'd say they don't look too promising."

He raises his right hand to shoulder-height and what first seems like a trail of smoke appears in it, quickly solidifying in a narrow swordblade, which seems made from shadows and mist.

I already rolled initiative. Now I'm turning ethereal as a swift action and moving to E15.
If I would delay the game by being in the wrong timezone, just assume that I do the actions I already rolled next turn.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-13, 05:51 PM
Phuey, a surprise round. Otherwise known as a standard action that doesn't help me at all :smallwink:

Ah well. Assume that my rolled actions are for the first real round of combat. In the surprise round Akresh changes his stance from Hearing the Air to Child of Shadow and takes no other actions.

Initiative rolled in the OOC thread: 23
1st round: Attacking guy in H12

Kagehime
2008-11-13, 06:06 PM
Let me try that Flame Strike again--and for the record, I'm off to the left, diagonally across from the one behind the building, about 30 feet in the air.

First, initiative (forgot before):
1d20+2

Flame Strike--at one behind building.
1d20+10

Edit: What the hell is the matter with these dice?!

Eldan
2008-11-13, 06:23 PM
You can't roll in an edited post.

Kagehime
2008-11-13, 06:28 PM
I just edited to say what the hell when it wouldn't work normally.

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-13, 06:53 PM
No, you can't edit to roll. You can edit after you roll, but can't touch those [roll1] or [roll2] brackets.

Initiative:[roll0] for construct
[roll1] for Emilio

Construct will end charge in the D-E/15-16 squares and attack the two closest. I imagine the one behind the brown box will gain concealment.

Kagehime
2008-11-13, 06:54 PM
*sigh* I know. This is how it turned out (and watch it be ironic if it actually works):

[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-11-13, 07:35 PM
While the rest of the party positions itself, several big holes apear in the ground next to one of the hooded figures, just as an invisible giant was mauling there with a greatclub. Luckily for the human, none of the attacks actually harm him, altough he looks quite suprised.

Then Rin decides to show her worth. She points her finger, says the magic word and a massive column of fire comes screaming from the heavens, falling directly two of the hooded figures who had sticked a little too togheter.

When the flames dissipate, one of the figures has been burned to the bones, but the other emerges with just some small burns. Aparently, he used his companion as a shield in the last moment.

Well Kagehime is having some problem with the dice so I'll give her an hand.

Flame strike at enemies at B15 and E17, since they're the only ones close enough to be under the area at the same time.

[roll0]

Their ref saves

[roll1]
[roll2]

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-13, 07:42 PM
Emilio

"Company?," the psion jerks around.

Emilio blinks twice and clears his mind. A considerably harder task than it sounds.

True Seeing, Psionic: 9 PP
Psionic focus check automatically made.

Oslecamo
2008-11-13, 07:44 PM
Ainariel spots one of the hooded figures by the corner of a house, and utters a single word. The oponent drops it's weapon in terror as his eyes become white globes and he finds himself traped in his personal darkness.

The remaining bandits try to counter attack, but Akraesh is faster. Moving with unatural speed, he sudenly vanishes from sight, and reappears next to one of the bandits, his daggers stuck in his throat and heart. The man falls whitout a sound, a serene look on his face, whitout ever realizing what killed him.

The three remaining bandits cower for a moment and seem like they'll run away, but then one of them screams in the storm:

Remember the teachings of Yuri!

To wich the other two answer:

We will be remembered!

The three mans then take shortbows from under their cloacks and shoot towards the party while laughing like madmen.

Blindness save
[roll0]
Counter attacks

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Oslecamo
2008-11-13, 08:15 PM
The blinded man just hits one of the buildings, but the other two target Rin, who dodges the arrows easily. Or so she tought. However when she realizes it the projectiles are stuck in her flesh in specially painfull places. How did it happen? It was almost as the arrows changed flight in mid air!

However, she's quickly avenged. Emilio's monstruosity jumps in the middle of two of the bandits, grabs them with his hands and crushes them in a gorish show, their blood being quickly washed by the rain.

Then Vorato materializes again in the material plane, and stabs his psychic blade in his oponent's neck, making him fall dead.

All the visible bandits are dead, but you stil feel this battle has just started. You clearly feel someone observing you from the shaddows between the buildngs...

(Everybody:spot and listen checks, plus Rin, Samantha and Ainariel may still act)
Confirm crit

[roll0] Extra:[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Rin takes 23 damage.
The 5 bandits are dead.

Kagehime
2008-11-13, 08:31 PM
Rin just shakes her head. "Typical bandit scum." Then, of course, she realizes that she's rather hurt. "ああのたわごと!" she mutters, hoping nobody else can understand her, and is about to cast something else when she at least sees the others die equally spectacularly.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-13, 08:46 PM
spot/listen checks-
[roll0] spot
[roll1] listen
I'll decide my actions once I see whether or not I see or hear anything.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-13, 08:47 PM
Ainariel

"Teachings of Yuri? That's not something an ordinary bandit would say..." Suddenly Ainariel suspects that dealing with the cult is going to be a lot more difficult than he had anticipated. If those men were cultists, cultists could be anywhere. "Too bad we couldn't take one of them alive to explain it. Unless..." Ainariel is positive that he is being watched. "Unless something else was with them..." Ainariel looks contemplatively at his rapier for a moment, then draws it sharply along his palm. The blood seems to coat the blade, adding a layer of red to the black energy crackling around its edges. Readying his blade for a lunge, Ainariel cautiously advances towards the corner of the building where the man he blinded lies dead.

Moving to L18. Casting Blade of Blood, sacrificing 5 HP. My next attack will do an extra 3d6 damage.

I'm curious about the Teachings of Yuri. Wall of Knowledge checks!
Arcana: [roll2]
Religion: [roll3]
The Planes: [roll4]

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-13, 08:57 PM

Not that I expect it'll accomplish much. The true-sighted Emilio has the faculties to be concerned with the invisible giant behind him.

Free action order to the construct is to return to Defarge.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-13, 09:51 PM
well that's all the visible enemies, now to check for the less visible ones

These checks are for the surprise round (quick reconnoiter)

Once all the bandits are dead Akresh switches back to Hearing the Air, if these checks are made on the same round as our actions then subtract 5 from the listen result.
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

I'm recovering Cloak of Deception and switching Ghost Blade for Sudden Leap.

Eldan
2008-11-14, 02:18 PM
Spot:
[roll0]

Listen:
[roll1]

Kagehime
2008-11-14, 02:28 PM
Spot: d20+5
Listen: d20+5

If those succeed, Rin will move to within 50 feet and cast Invisibility Purge.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-14, 04:18 PM
Rin's Spot and Listen rolls because apparently she can't get the roller to work

Oslecamo
2008-11-14, 07:01 PM
Akresh and Emillio's abilities allow them to see what before was hidden. The six other bandits stand atop the buildings, previously hidden by layers of cloacking magic.

The first one is turning a small bag upside down, from wich fall several hundred bones into the roof where he stands. Then the bandit cuts his own flesh above the skeletons. The white pieces start conncecting each other in contact with the blood and rise into the air in two monstruous forms. In a couple of seconds, two medium skelectic dinossaurs stand by his sides, eyes gleaming blue and radiating a saphire aura cold aura tht freezes the rain falling over them.

The second one carefully watches the battlefield, holding a dagger now crackling with mysterious arcane energy for those who can see it.

The other four are in a small circle, and protective black wards float around them.
One of them holds high a ceremonial onyx dagger while the others kneel with his backs turned to him. They seem to be sussurating some kind of dark inchantation in unisson.

Ainariel

Arcane:Yuri was a greedy human wizard who specialized in mental control magic. He ended in the black list of most cities and important organizations after being caught several time trying to influence important people and doing dangerous mind experiments who severly damaged or simply destroyed the minds of several dozen people, but always managing to escape.

With the second mourning however he took the chance of using the resulting chaos to further his own goals.

It's said he developed several powerfull and cruel enchantment spells since then, and it's using them to build himself a powerfull network of servants.

Yuri is himself a quite skilled arcane user, but rarely shows his own face anymore, relying in mind controled minions to do his dirty jobs.

Religion:Yuri started a cult with himself as the central figure. He profetizes he's the one who's destined to unite all the people of Eberron, end the Marks of Mourning threat and create a new utopic world to reward his faithfull. More and more people seem to be flocking to it.

Planes:Yuri seems to be a native of Eberron itself.

Sorry can't get a map today. Enemies positions are by their iniatives.

Necromancer and skeletons iniative(O27, N27 andO26)
[roll0]

Arcane bandit iniative(!16)
[roll1]

Casting bandit and helpers iniative (N1, N2 M1, O1)
[roll2]

Directly attacking the castng bandit demands a DC 19 will save or do something else.

Directly attacking the helpers around him demands a DC 16 will save or do something else.

All the bandits are invisible, so people who can't bypass invisible can still pinpoint them by sound and other stuff like that but will suffer the usual 50% miss chance.

The four warded bandits continue chanting, and a small red rift starts to open behind them.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-14, 07:33 PM
damit. ah well, time to deal with this I guess

I'm assuming the same initiative as before, correct?

And where, exactly, is the caster?

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-14, 07:37 PM
Emilio

"Inspiration! Rapturous inspiration! It makes me just want to..."

The artist throws his arms in the air, coinciding with an bright explosion over the chanting circle.

Move action to P12
Hail of Crystals (9 PP) + 3 PP of enhancement for 12d4 damage in a 20-ft. burst over the chanting cultists. Reflex save DC 23.

I thought there was some invisible giant amongst us. Yes/no/hallucination (you can totally play up the insanity how you wish, feed me false information if it's plausible in context)?

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-14, 07:49 PM
This assumes that the caster is in N1.

Swift action: Cloak of Deception
Move action: Move from O12 to M2 (15 squares or 75 feet)
Standard action: Attack caster
Move action: Move to L2 and hide

Attack 1: [roll0]
Miss Chance (if 50%): [roll1] Need a 2 to hit.
Miss Chance (if 20%): [roll2] A 1 is a miss.
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4]
Reroll 1's on SA dice: [roll5]

Attack 2: [roll6]
Miss Chance: [roll7] Need a 2 to hit.
Miss Chance (if 20%): [roll8] A 1 is a miss.
Damage: [roll9] + [roll10]
Reroll 1's on SA dice: [roll11]

Does the rain effect the mischance? An invisible creature in water only benefits from 20% instead of 50%.

Hide: [roll12]
Move Silently: [roll13]

SurlySeraph
2008-11-14, 08:13 PM
Ainariel

Ainariel is worried when he finds no enemies in reach of his sword, and his anxiety redoubles when he hears the chanted incantation. "We can't let them cast that!" he shouts. ""I'm not sure what it is, but it isn't natural. Someone help me stop them!"

Ainariel waves his hands frantically and mutters an incantation quickly. Plants begin to spring up from the solid roof around the group of bandits casting the spell.

Casting Entangle, DC 13. Spellcraft check to see what they're casting: [roll0]

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-14, 09:12 PM
Samantha

Unable to see the enemy, Samantha flies down next to Rin and sets up her plane of resistance between the two of them and where all the commotion seems to be coming from.

Rin, unless you can see better than I can I'd suggest not trying to move forward, it'll be dfficult for you.

Oslecamo
2008-11-15, 11:40 AM
Akraesh's assassin instict allows him to by pass the black wards, but his first attack misses due to the cover of the rain, and the second blow is deflected in the last second by some other invisible force protecting the caster. He's still fast enough to bypass his oponent's reactions, who just see a quick glimpse of blades trough the air moving in and out of their circle.

Rin's invisibility purge then outlines the arcane bandit for all to see, but he just smiles and raises his head. His eyes are glowing blue, and turn to where Akraesh is now hidden in the middle of the rain

I see you now..., and then raises his hand, from wich come forth a shower of golden dust that covers the area where the shaddow assasin is now.

Glitterdust, Akraesh's will save against blindness, DC 17: [roll0]
Regardless of sucess of failure, he's now covered in glowing particles that impose a -40 penalty in hide checks.

Then, the arcane bandit jumps into the air to the left and disapears again as he exits the area of Rin's spell.

Still no map for now, probably will get one done later when I get back acess to my regular computer.

Kagehime
2008-11-15, 01:22 PM
Rin glances over and nods agreeably, already seeing that she's going to like Samantha--she seems like the only level-headed person in the party.

"Huh. You may have a point. I hate invisibility, anyway, so I'll just support them from back here...but first things first, those arrows stung."

Rin uses Cure Critical Wounds on herself.
[roll0]

Edit: Oh, and I have a d20 with me now, so if I have any further problems with that, you can trust me to be honest.

Eldan
2008-11-15, 02:02 PM
"Well, then. Let's kill the casters first. Easy as that."
With incredible speed, he runs to the building with the casters on it. He seems to be more gliding along the ground than to be actively walking, then leaps up into the air and tries to stab the closest bandit with his blade.

Move to the Bandits, jump up, if necessary. If movement is not enough, I'll use Sudden Leap to extend it. Otherwise, I'll use Ghost Strike again.
Attack the First of the Four caster.

Jump:

9 feet straight up.

Attack:

Damage:
[rollv]1d6+1d4+1d6+9 No idea if this works, but it will save a lot of time.

Oslecamo
2008-11-15, 02:46 PM
Situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/swarms-17.gif
The dark blue circles are the dinossaur skeletons and the black one is the necromancer The orange circle below is the arcane user. The remaining ones are the chanting bandits, with the middle one being what it appears to be the leader. All of your enemies but the skeletons are invisible, but the rain reduces the miss chance to just 20%(thanks for noting that Tippy). those who can't see invisible may still attack them since I assume your allies who can detect them tell you their position. The big black circle is the area of Rin's invisibility purge.

(Eldan:roll damage again and say who exactly you're attacking.)
(sidhe_blooded:It should be your iniative right now, feel free to change your actions now that you have the map)
(Kagehime:You may want to position yourself so the invisibility purge affects the bandits, since you have a move action left.)

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-15, 03:05 PM
Samantha

Samantha is going to maintain her position next to Rin, using a move action to concentrate on the plane of resistance. She waves her wand in the direction of the dinosaur skeletons and-

Using a bludgeoning raiment and making a trip attempt (I should be just barely in range, if I'm not I move to where I'm in range and drop the plane of resistance)
attack roll- [roll0]
trip attempt- [roll1]
damage roll- [roll]7d6[roll]

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-15, 03:06 PM
I doubt I hit, but just in case, damage roll done right- [roll0]

Kagehime
2008-11-15, 03:26 PM
I just remembered that Rin has a Ring of Invisibility. Anyone needs it, ask.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-15, 03:34 PM
dammit, missed. ah well, next time i'll hit

These actions assume that the cultists don't finish casting whatever it is that they are casting before my next turn and that they haven't moved or been killed.

Move Action: Move to M2
Swift Action: Activate Dancing Mongoose
Standard Action: Attack the leader in N1.
Free Action: Activate Glove of the Master Strategist for True Strike on my next attack
Attack 1: [roll0]
Miss Chance: [roll1] A 1 is a miss.
Damage: [roll2]
Damage if I get a sneak attack: +[roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Miss Chance: [roll5] A 1 is a miss.
Damage: [roll6]
Damage if I get a sneak attack: +[roll7]

Attack 3: [roll8]
Miss Chance: [roll9] A 1 is a miss.
Damage: [roll10]
Damage if I get a sneak attack: +[roll11]

Attack 4: [roll12]
Miss Chance: [roll13] A 1 is a miss.
Damage: [roll14]
Damage if I get a sneak attack: +[roll15]

Will Save's (are they per attack, per round, or just 1 time?)
Attack 1: [roll16]
Attack 2: [roll17]
Attack 3: [roll18]
Attack 4: [roll19]

After attacking I'm using the rest of my move action to retreat back to E1.

Oslecamo
2008-11-15, 03:56 PM
One of the skeletons cracks and falls, as if being crushed by an invisible force, splinters of bone falling to the ground, but the undead still moves, altough it stays on the ground.

Then Emilio raises his arms, and the rain over the chanting cultists soldifies becoming a rain of piercing crystals. The underlings rise and protect their master with their own bodies, even tough some of the crytals manage to slip trough. None of them dies, but the underlings are now bleeding heavily, altough still chanting.

The necromancer answers by raising his hand towards Samantha. At tip of his fingers dark energy starts to concentrate in an orb, and sudenly the orb is released, fling towards the Telekinetisc, breaking the necromancer's own cloacking magic. The attack is, however, deflected by her powerfull mind powers, and the necromancer is now exposed.

The fallen skeleton gets up, while the other agily jumps over the building and advances towards the party.

However Emilio's construct follows his master's order and closes in with the necromancer, also climbing over the buildings as the faster route. The two mindless creations don't follow slightly different paths and thus don't attack each other.

Ainariel follows by summoning a series of vines over the roof trying to disrupt the spellcasting. The underlings get enangled, but the vines fail to envelop the leader, protected by some invisible force.

Resist trip atempt
[roll0]

Attack against Samantha.[roll1]

Eldan
2008-11-15, 04:17 PM
Well, then: damage. I'll roll damage, with Ghost Strike if the swift jump is not needed. I'll attack the leader of the group with full force.

Basic Damage
[roll0]

Psychokinesis damage:
[roll1]

Electric Damage:
[roll2]

Strike Damage, if possible:
[roll3]

Kagehime
2008-11-15, 04:34 PM
Where are their positions now? Rin wants to use Earthquake.

Oslecamo
2008-11-15, 06:21 PM
Vorato's attack fails to bypass the main caster's defences.

TURN 3 START

The rift behind the cultists starts to widen, and sudenly from it comes a large horrible creature. It resembles a fly, but it's larger than an horse. Where it's mouth should be there's a pair of large pincers, and it's front paws have clawed hands that hold a large sword. It's surrounded by a cloud of small insects who seem to burst from the monster's skin and then fuse again with it. Black metal plates incrusted with glowing jewels protect the vulnerable parts of the monster's body. Those near him feel a pugent rotten smell coming from it.

It turns its horrible head towards the leader, and asks in an abominable voice

My payment mortal...?

These three servants of mine dark lords...They're willing to surround their souls and bodies to you...-answers the leader while his underlings look awed at the monstruous fly.

Then, whitout any kind of warning, the thousands of small insects descend upon the cultists untill they're completely covered. One second later they fly away again to their master, and you see only the bandit's clouds were left. The fly-monster seems to engorge as the insects return to him.

So, what would you wish me to do?

Kill those nonbelievers! Let none of them alive! They threaten our plans!

Sounds good...

Situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/swarms-19.gif

The monster is hovering 15 feets in the air, just by the side of the building roofs. The helpers have been consumed by him.
Ah, yes, the area around the leader is entangled.

Fly-monster's iniative-[roll0] It still doesn't get to act this turn.

The little insects around him are considered part of the monster.
Anyone whitin 20 feets of the fly-monster must suceed in a DC 16 fort save each turn or take a -2 penalty in skills save and AC due to an horrible smell that not even the heavy rain cannot subdue.

The necromancer is no longer invisible.
The arcane bandit in the south is flying around 15 feets high up.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-15, 06:24 PM
actions are the same, just switching from attacking the leader to attacking the demon.

Fort save: [roll0]

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-15, 06:27 PM
To avoid entangle I'm moving to L5, from there to R5, and from there to R2. The using Dancing Mongoose and attacking as in the previous spoiler. After attacking, I'm retreating to U1.

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-15, 06:32 PM
Emilio

The psion stands in awe for a moment.

"BEAUTIFUL!," he shrieks at last, "I must immortalize you!"

Expend psionic focus to make use of Greater Psionic Endowment and increase DC of Crystallize (11 PP) by 2.

Fort save DC 26 on the fly monster to not be turned into crystal.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-15, 07:15 PM
Samantha

Oh ****, what the hell is that?
Samantha shouts as she begins to launch whatever debris is around at the demon.

Using telekinetics to launch twelve rocks/trees/whatever is around at the fly demon. This will cause my plane of resistance to drop.
attack rolls- [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

damage rolls- [roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

SurlySeraph
2008-11-15, 10:38 PM
Ainariel

Ainariel looks up at the skeletal dinosaur as if appreciating a statue. "Your maker knows his art well. But I know it better. Serve me and kill him." Without waiting for a response, Ainariel moves to the edge of the building, right below the dinosaur.

Casting Command Undead. Will save DC 16 to prevent; if the dinosaur isn't intelligent, it doesn't get a saving throw.

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 05:56 AM
Akresh closes in with the demon, skillfully dodging it's sharp parts, delivering a flurry of attacks with his daggers. The monster is caught completely by surpise and the assassin manages to heavily wound him.

Fortitude save of the monster to resist being turned into crystal[roll0]
1st and third attack hited. The others failed the overcome the AC.

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 06:23 AM
Altough only Emilio can see him, the arcane bandit unites his hands and those with a sharp ear can hear him say:

Let's burn

And then a ball of flames explodes in the middle of the battlefield, engulfing all in there in hot fire.

Empowered fireball in the middle of the battlefield, ref DC18 [roll0]
Rinref[roll1],
Ainariel ref[roll2],
Samantha ref[roll3]
Emilio ref[roll4]

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 06:37 AM
Several loose objects then rise from several part of the battlefield and gravitate towards Samantha. They start spinning faster and faster, untill she releases them in direction to the demon, in a deadly hail of debris.

The monster falls under the crushing strenght of the attack as trees and stones impact with his body at high speed. His carapace broken in several places and half covered in his own blood, it twists in the troes of death and stops moving

Emilio follows by transforming the remains into an exotic crystal statue.

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 07:39 AM
The aproaching skeleton leaps upon Ainariel, unleashing a flurry of claws and teeths, trying to take him down but the Templar manages to parry or dodge all the attacks.

The other skeleton closes in, while the necromancer shoots another orb of black energy, this time at Rin, but slips on the wet floor on the last moment and the attack hits the side of a hut, leaving a small hole.

Then the astral construct leaps from the building where he was, finally reaching the area where he was ordered to move. Having fulfilled his orders, he resets to his original program. His massive arms extend to the necromancer fallen on the floor, grab and lift him whitout effort, and proceed to beat the bandit against the wall of the building. You hear his bones crack and the wall gets half covered with blood, screaming on pain for a brief moment while trying to get free. But the necromancer quickly stops moving under the brutal beating. It's not clear if he's still alive or dead however.

(Waiting for Rin's and Vorato's actions)

Eldan
2008-11-16, 11:21 AM
"That leaves you!"
Vorato grins as the caster remains standing before him, next to the fallen demon.
"Welcome to Dolurrh."
With a quick flick of his wrist, Vorato manifests a second blade in his left hand, concentrates for a moment and tries to stab the cultist with both.

Manifesting offhand mindblade, full attack.

First Attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]

Off-hand Attack:
[roll4]
Damage:
[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]

Third Attack:
[roll8]
Damage:
[roll9]+[roll10]+[roll11]

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-16, 11:31 AM
As the demon is bombarded with various pieces of the environment and falls to the ground dead Akresh thinks good, a demon attacking would have been unpleasant. now, who should I strike next?

Kagehime
2008-11-16, 12:17 PM
For a moment, Rin was merely aghast at the sight of that...thing. "Dear gods!" She was about to do something about it--but soon enough winced at the fireball. Sighing already, she suddenly glanced over. "No, leave him alive, we can inte--oh, never mind..."

Heaving a sigh, she shakes her head, then has to pause and chuckle at the other skeleton's pratfall. "Hard to find good undead these days. 治療の重大な傷!"

Rin casts Cure Critical Wounds on the skeleton.
Because positive energy kills undead (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ReviveKillsZombie). Useful.
4d8+10
Oh, and by the way, she's speaking Hengeyokai. What is this Japan you speak of?

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-16, 12:25 PM
Rin's Cure Critical Wounds Damage roll: [roll0]
Kagehime, you can't add in a roll with an edit.

Kagehime
2008-11-16, 01:34 PM
I know. It didn't work the first time, either, and I thought I might as well try and fix it.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-16, 01:50 PM
Samantha

You wanted me to leave the demon alive? I woulda thought leaving the summoner alive would make for a better interrogatee.

Kagehime
2008-11-16, 01:58 PM
"I wasn't talking to you..."

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-16, 02:19 PM
Samantha

Oh, well then I retract my previous snappish response, it's just kinda hard to tell what's going on when I'm all crispy.

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-16, 04:17 PM
Emilio

The singed sculptor's mood is understandably dampened. He lashes out against the offending caster's mind, drawing forth memories of agony in the bandit's and manifesting them on his body.

"Uncouth plebe," he grumbles, "NEVER interrupt an artist at work."

Move action to psionically focus
Recall Agony: 3PP +8PP of enhancement+ psionic endowment for 10d6 damage and a Will save of 27.

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 04:54 PM
Rin tries to smite the skeleton with the channeled power of love, friendship and other positive energies, but for some reason forgets that you need to touch your oponent to acomplish that. So her attack horribly backfires and she finds herself filled with her own positive energy cursing trough her body. Wich isn't actually that bad since she isn't an undead, and partially heals her burns.

Vorato proceeds to try to tear the bandit caller to pieces, but his mindblade fails to overcome the caster's multiple magic defenses, with some invisible force deflecting his attacks.

Ainariel on the other hand has better sucess and instantly gets control of the skeleton trying to attack him.

Sorry for the bad jokes, Kagehime, but cure spells are touch attacks(need to roll to hit and make a concentration check for casting in melee) and anyway SurlySeraphy was trying to get control of the skeleton, so attacking it wouldn't be the best course of action. Feel free to change your actions if you feel like it.

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 05:21 PM
Turn 4 start

The leader watches open mouthed at the crystalyzed fallen demon

How...How dare you...? Hear, my words, you don't know what you're challenging here! We are but the tip of the many fingers of great Yuri! And he will not be denied the secrets of the gatekeeper's vault! Follow those folish air sailors, and you'll only meet your doom!

With these words, the leader is sudenly enguled in black flames wich burn for just some seconds, and when they subdue there is no sign left of him.

Akresh's turn. He's the only one with enough iniative to act before the caster bandit, and he plans to do something big.

Kagehime
2008-11-16, 05:24 PM
"Oh, damn, that's right, I--heyyy...that's actually alright." She sighs. "I'll leave that to him. Cure Serious Wounds, uh...you," she comments to Samantha, not knowing her name, and nods. "Ugh, I guess it's time to get physical. Artiste! Where's the enemy?"

Curses! No real long-range attack powers beyond Flame Strike.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
+10
Let's try that, just add it on manually.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-16, 05:29 PM
Samantha
Thanks for the heal, and the name's Samantha, however I feel that any further information will have to wait until after we take care of this.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-16, 05:38 PM
damnit, I wanted him alive. ah well. now for the caster

Free action: Use glove of the master strategist for true strike on attack 1.
Move action: Long Jump to |1 (below Z, above the question mark). It's 30 feet so I auto make the DC. Move to |6. Long Jump to the bandit's Square (|10).
Swift action: Use Freezing Blade (all attacks this round deal an extra 2d6+12 damage)
Standard action: Use Emerald Razor strike (attack 1 is a touch attack)

Attack 1: [roll0], is a touch attack
Miss Chance: [roll1], a 1 is a miss.
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3] (the 2d6+12 is cold damage)

Attack 2: [roll4]
Miss Chance: [roll5], a 1 is a miss.
Damage: [roll6]+[roll7] (the 2d6+12 is cold damage)

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-16, 05:42 PM
Is that big enough? If a 23 hit's then it's 56 damage.

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 06:00 PM
Akresh's first blow hits something soft in the air and blood falls from the sky, but the second gets stoped by an invisible barrier.

Hughh...Nice blow, but not enough to finish me... It was a pleasure to fight such challenging oponents for a change... We shall meet again, I assure you...

Then the last arcane bandit becomes visible for everybody to see, and then is also enguled in black flames, wich again quickly vanish leaving nothing behind.

Perhaps it would have been wiser to use emerald razor in one attack and true strike in the other. It would have been enough to take him down. But normal to hit +23 wasn't enough to overcome his AC.

Last remaining enemy is one already damaged skeleton, and the bleeding bandit in the construct's hands. Samantha may still try to save him from the wrath of the construct, since Emillio ordered him to to throw the necromancer trough the wall.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-16, 06:03 PM
"Dammit. I hope that necromancer is still alive, I want to perform some serious questioning."

Perhaps, would a 22 have hit his touch AC? And I wanted to be sure of at least 1 hit.

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-16, 06:05 PM
Emilio

Out of sight, out of mind. The psion walks merrily and briskly to the site of the crystallized demon's fall.

With a hand on his hip and another propping up his chin he examines his handiwork.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-16, 06:14 PM
Samantha

Realizing that the the poor fool in the construct's grasp might not be dead Samantha attempts to pull him away from the tentacled horror.

would this be a strength check or a grapple check or what? I'll go ahead and roll strength, grapple and disarm checks but if it's something else let me know.
strength- [roll0]
grapple- [roll1]
disarm- [roll2]

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 06:28 PM
Grapple will do fine.
Astral construct's oposed check
[roll0]

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-16, 06:30 PM
Seeing Samantha playing tug of war with the crazy man's astral construct and the necromancer as the rope Akresh looks around for said crazy man and sees him staring at the crystallized demon. Akresh shouts to him "Crazy idiot, tell that construct of yours to drop that necromaner. We want him alive."

What happened with the 2 undead? Are they still fighting each other?

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 06:34 PM
One is under your control, the other is waiting for it's iniative to kick by. Samantha has acted(and failed to stop the construct) so it should be Emilio's turn now.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-16, 06:41 PM
I
m not actually playing tug of war, you just see the body jerk at a funny angle but the construct manages to hold on, damn natural 20's

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-16, 06:47 PM
Emilio

"Hmm, the antenna is a bit off. But the pose, those sprawled legs, like he's reaching for the heavens. How exquisitely expressive, an ugly beast striving for beauty, redemption, hope," the artist admires the demon's body.

Without looking up Emilio coldly dismisses Akresh, "You really need to come over here and take it all in. You'll never experience this over there."

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 07:02 PM
The remaining enemy skeleton leaps upon Ainariel, taking a claw hit from the subdued on the way down, but it deals little damage.

This time the templar can't avoid the sharp teeths of the undead who burrow themselves in his flesh. They are painfully cold.

Then the astral construct rises the necromancer in the air, and throws it against the hut's wall, crushing his skull.

Necromancer miracously alive but heavily wounded.
Ainariel took 13 damage.
One enemy skeleton remaining at his side.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-16, 07:04 PM
Akresh says to him "You will order your construct to carry the necromancer over to the cleric so that she can heal him, if he dies then you will be dead inside of 10 seconds because I will personally do to you what I planned on doing to him."

Upon seeing the construct throw the necromancer into the wall he says "Actually I should admend that, you better hope that the necromaner is still alive because if he doesn't survive then you will soon join him." Turning to Rin he says "You're a cleric, right? See if you can keep that guy alive. I'm sure that we all have questions that we would like answered, and if he dies then that will become a lot more difficult."

SurlySeraph
2008-11-16, 07:28 PM
Ainariel

The necromancer winces as the dinosaur bites into him. "Agh! You are strong. I think I'll keep you."
Without taking his eye off his opponent for a moment, Ainariel shouts at Akresh. "John, don't bother killing the artist. It's not his fault, and if we really need answers, the priestess or I can bring the necromancer back. But I don't think we need to bother with it. I know why those men were here."

Command Undead as soon as my turn comes again. I'll use my move action to get the skeleton I control between me and the one I don't control.
Spellcraft to determine how the leader and the arcane bandit teleported away. [roll0]

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-16, 07:52 PM
Emilio

"Ahem," the psion taps Akresh on the back, "someone needs a time out."

Crystallize, Fort DC 24

"Now that I have your rapt attention, allow me to extrapolate on the fruits of your labors with the fine art of thespianism, Emilio forms two crude fist-mouth puppets begins a short falsetto production.

"Tell us who sent you!"
"Yuri, Yuri, a thousand times Yuri
Who are you trying to get?
The airship men, the druids, you, the children
Grrr, I am brooding and dark!
Me too, lets kiss!
A smoochy, smoochy, smoochy

The psion rubs his fists together before looking back up.

"And so on with the questions we already have the answers to. Or, I can ask you the much more pertinent question of how in the last minute you've become an elf."

True seeing in case, you've forgotten. How long did you honest expect a simple 'minor shapechange' spell to hold?

And a free action to order the construct to halt. There's a difference between acting out of interests of a team player and spite.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-16, 08:05 PM
So in the middle of ongoing combat you attack your own party member with a save or die spell that you can't dismiss or even dispel until you gain a level?

If this is really how you are going to play then there really is no reason for me to continue in this game because Akresh will end up killing you.

And you don't even have Line of Effect or Line of Sight at your current location.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-16, 08:14 PM
Ainariel glances away from the skeletal dinosaur long enough to see Emilio's "performance." Oh hell. What did I get myself into? At least none of them are after me yet. Yet. I think I'll have the skeletons watch me around the clock. Wanting to help, but unwilling to risk a dinosaur-related mauling, Ainariel turns in desperation to his less violent companions. "Priestess! Mind-knife man! And you, the other woman! Can you do nothing to stop this madness?"

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 08:20 PM
Before Emilio manages to unleash his mind powers, he feels a powerfull arcane energy blocking him.

Turning to see around, he sees one of the Captain's lieutenants, the gnome, who returnsto the village. You can then hear his voice in your mind:

Let me make this clear. THE CAPTAIN PAID YOU TO FIGHT FOR HIM, SO YOU DON'T FIGHT BETWEEN YOURSELVES. If you have any problems between you, save them for when you meet your true oponents. The enemy has been defeated. Good job. Now gather whatever you want and head to the airship. I hope you managed to catch one of them alive?

Everybody, calm down.

This is specially to you, LordOfTheDucks. Stop trying to spoil the rest of the party's fun. I don't care if that's how you think your character should act, I specifically said I wanted all characters to be able to work togheter, no matter if they were professional assassins or mad artists or whatever.

Battle's over. I'm gonna award exp and loot in some time. LordOfTheDucks, if you keep this way, I'll expel you from this campaign.

And no, Akresh isn't crystalized. The gnome stoped Emilio.

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-16, 08:39 PM
Save yourself the trouble, I'll be hopping these rails early.

I'll be in a game where characters have personalities and make an impact. And Tippy, if you're going to make a 'mysterious' character there ought to be something underneath warranting the mystery (honestly, the surprise would be the man who has super stealthy ninja skills who kills people is in a guild of other men with super stealthy ninja skills who kill people).

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-16, 08:42 PM
Akresh nods to the gnome, gives the crazy man a cold stare and then heads up to where the 3 dead bandits are on the roof, throughly searching them and stripping them of all possessions, including clothes. He put's each one's items in separate pouches on his belt and then memorizes their appearances before heading over to the necromancer and doing the same to him. Once he has everything he says "Does anyone have a way to take all of their corpse's back to the ship? And someone needs to carry this necro. Oh, and does anyone have some way to get rid of that demon corpse, it's presence here might cause the residence to ask questions that we don't want asked."

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-16, 08:56 PM
Samantha

I can get most if not all of them, it'll slow me down a bit though. As for the demon corpse, I think the fireball and the collateral damage will be more than enough to alert people that something happened
Samantha says as the bodies rise into the air.

I'm hoping that since we're not in combat you'll let me count all the corpses as one object for lifting/moving purposes. Also I'm fairly sure demon corpses melt or something after a few minutes anyway don't they?

Oslecamo
2008-11-16, 09:30 PM
(really late where I am, this whole PvP thing burned me a lot of time and I need to sleep since I can't see anything anymore. Loot, exp and answers tomorrow)

Oslecamo
2008-11-17, 09:15 AM
Emilio lowers his head, mumbles something unaudible, and heads out of the village, in the direction of the airship.

Akresh finds the following relevant possessions inside the bandits remains, besides their normal clothes and everyday tools that aren't worth a copper piece due to their used condition:

-A total of 3987 gold coins, 24 silver and 60 copper.
-Six brass mugs with jade inlays, empty.
-Six golden idols of a bald man with a goatee.
-A beatifull black velvet mantle with numerous onyx stones in the interior, from the necromancer.
-Ceremonial dagger with a star ruby
-Eight suits of masterwork studded leather, daggers, shortbows and 69 arrows.
-One mythral chainshirt.
-One large chainshirt barding of unknown material from the demon.
-Sixteen black and red opal stones incrustated in the demon's carapace.
-Large black masterwork greatsword who instantly refits to Akresh size as he grabs it.
-Nine brass rings, one from each killed bandit. The one in the necromancer doesn't come out from his finger however no matter how hard Akresh tries.
-A pair of boots that look made of some exotic soft material.
-A stange bag, dark blue bag with black runes stitched on it.
-Thirty six potions of various kinds
-Nine scrolls.
-One wand.

Samantha manages to lift the bodies all at the same time by puting them in a pile. Luckily the sound of the rain and thunder seems to have covered for the battle and the villagers are still inside the tavern, oblivious to the hapenings.

Ainariel concludes the bandits that got away used the basic magic of "teleport", as it is commonly referred in Eberron. He also notices something strange with his skeletons however. They seem to be slowly degrading, and they should turn to dust into a matter of minutes, due to the hasty process of creation. Puting enough onyx in their eye sockets should stop the degeneration however.

1020 experience for everybody. If you want to check out if an item is magic or not you gotta use detect magic or some other shenigan.

Since LOTD didn't say anything in particular, I'll be NPCing Emilio from now on. Feel free to plan your revenge on him, just remember that he's still hired by the captain, so make it discret.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-17, 10:16 AM
Akresh says "Let's get out of here, we can sort through all of this at the ship. I for one don't want to be around when any local residences show up and want an explanation for all of the blood and a demon corpse."

With that he heads towards the air ship, seeming to disappear into the shadows as he goes.

My new set of readied maneuvers is: Cloak of Deception, Shadow Tempest, and Dancing Mongoose. My stance is still Hearing the Air.

Making hide and move silently checks (moving at half speed I still move at 40 feet per move action).
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Also making spot and listen checks every round, these should do for the next miniute or so's worth of rounds.

Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Spot: [roll4]
Listen: [roll5]

Spot: [roll6]
Listen: [roll7]

Spot: [roll8]
Listen: [roll9]

Spot: [roll10]
Listen: [roll11]

Spot: [roll12]
Listen: [roll13]

Spot: [roll14]
Listen: [roll15]

Spot: [roll16]
Listen: [roll17]

Spot: [roll18]
Listen: [roll19]

Spot: [roll20]
Listen: [roll21]

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-17, 10:52 AM
Samantha

Frickin' assassins and thinking they're in charge. Oh well, might as well get there and make sure he doesn't keep all the loot.
Samantha says as she begins to float towards the ship. Realizing she maintain her plane of resistance at the same time.
Ah, damnit, I'm gonna get soaked.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-17, 05:25 PM
Ainariel

Ainariel calls to Akresh as he vanishes "One thing first, John. Did the necromancer, or one of the others, have any onyx on him? If he did, I need it now. Otherwise the skeletons will disintegrate, and we'll be out two henchman. It's in all of our best interests to keep them functional."

Since Tippy so graciously offered me the onyx in the OOC thread, I'll assume I get it.

Also, Cure Light Wounds on myself: [roll0]

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-17, 05:32 PM
Akresh opens one of his belt's pouches and pulls out the small bag containing the onyx, which he tosses to Ainariel.

"That's all I found on him, unless you want his velvet mantle right now as well."

SurlySeraph
2008-11-17, 06:28 PM
Ainariel catches the bag with one hand. "Nah. Wearing too much fine clothing is a good way to get robbed. For now, let's get to that damned airship and get in flight before more cultists come after us. That is what they were, by the way." Ainariel promptly places the onyx in the skeletons' eyes. If there's any left over, he stores it in his backpack. As he goes, Ainariel tells the party what he knows about the cult of Yuri.

Arcane:Yuri was a greedy human wizard who specialized in mental control magic. He ended in the black list of most cities and important organizations after being caught several time trying to influence important people and doing dangerous mind experiments who severly damaged or simply destroyed the minds of several dozen people, but always managing to escape.

With the second mourning however he took the chance of using the resulting chaos to further his own goals.

It's said he developed several powerfull and cruel enchantment spells since then, and it's using them to build himself a powerfull network of servants.

Yuri is himself a quite skilled arcane user, but rarely shows his own face anymore, relying in mind controled minions to do his dirty jobs.

Religion:Yuri started a cult with himself as the central figure. He profetizes he's the one who's destined to unite all the people of Eberron, end the Marks of Mourning threat and create a new utopic world to reward his faithfull. More and more people seem to be flocking to it.

Also, I'll use Negative Energy Ray to heal my skeletons.
First skeleton: [roll0]
Second skeleton (only if it's also damaged): [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-11-17, 07:06 PM
You're ready? Then let's go.-says the gnome, lighting his staff and guiding you trough the rain-Bloody wheater. Can hardly see myself. The airship also got attacked by a lot of bandits. Luckily we arrived in time to save the guards behind. Well, that and Anabela. Geez that druid girl sometimes scares me. Glad she's on our side. She said she wanted to catch some air while we went to the tavern, and when we return she's chewing those bandits like she hadn't eat for weeks. We didn't manage to get any prisioners however. The leader of the attack sacrificed all the survivors to call some big nasty monster. We still took it down. Then the leader vanished. Should have anchored him...

As the party aproaches the airship, they see an interesting espectacle. The ground around the airship is covered with several dozens of charred and mutilated humanoid bodies half covered in the mud. A huge green humanoid body lies fallen on the battlefield, covered in tick scales, almost as tall as the airship itself, and claws bigger than lances but with the horned head cut down. Some crewman run around, investigating the remains of the bandits and taking care of their wounds, while the Captain cleans his green blood covered scimitar while discussing something with it's lieutenants.

Then you see a large bear come from the other side of the ship, going towards the captain. However as he aproaches

The zone is clear of enemies Sajik....

I already told you to call me captain Anabela!

Very, well, captain. All the enemies seem to have been repelled.

Good work Anabela. If it wasn't for you the airship may have been lost

Well, if you hadn't left for drinking, you could have taken care of the case yourself.

Now's not the time for this Anabela...Look, we'll discuss this later. We need to depart as fast as possible

Aye aye, captain...

Then the captain notices you arriving and goes talk to you:

Ah, good you're here. No time for big talks this time. I don't know if these were part of the cultists that are assaulting the gate, but we need to move fast. Are you in this? If yes hop on the ship. We go now.

If the party acepts to enter the ship, one crewman leads them to a large simple room with a dozen basic beds and a couple locked windows, and tells you these will be your quarters untill the captain speacks better with you. Emilio is inside there, aparently already asleep.

Akresh notices some wildlife hidden in the bushes and water, observing the battlefield, altough none of them seems too threatening. The rain is geting heavier however, and visibility is geting worst by the minute.

The skeletons are stablized. Four onyx stones are left.

Only one skeleton was damaged, but even with both rays he seems like it still could use a little bit of negative energy.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-17, 07:54 PM
Ainariel

Whatever the captain is planning, it can't be worse than waiting for those cultists to teleport back with more friends. And I've got some nice new skeletons to protect me, not to mention the rest of the people from the bar. I just hope that druid doesn't turn out to be someone from back home.

Ainariel does his best to look trusting and cheerful. "Sure, captain Sajik. The faster we get airborne, the better." He glances over at Samantha, then back to the captain. "Oh, do you mind if we bring these corpses with us? We might or might not use them, but we don't want to leave them around where they might frighten the villagers."

Might as well finish healing my skellie. [roll0]
Oh yeah, and the necromancer needs to be stabilized. Cure Minor Wounds for 1 hp on him.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-17, 07:58 PM
Samantha

It's always something, isn't it? Samantha though, oh well, he pays well and today wasn't boring.

Yes, let us get underway. Where do you want the pile of bodies?

Kagehime
2008-11-17, 09:37 PM
Rin finally snapped out of her annoyed contemplation of her abilities, and coughed "politely" into her hand. "Ahem. First--I am a miko. Not a cleric. But close enough. Secondly, it's...not really my business to interfere." Quite frankly, though she was lawful, she was after all also neutral, which meant...let the crazy people beat on each other first, and then heal them. "But, okay, who needs healing? That seems to be what I'm good for..."

Request, and she'll give it to you.
...Healing.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-17, 09:56 PM
Akresh get's on the ship and says "We got one of them alive, he's unconscious at the moment but stable, I was going to examine their possessions. So if anyone would care too join me and take their share of the goods, feel free."

With that he heads into the room and starts laying out all of the possessions stripped from the assassins. Akresh them mutters "Lopith" and stares at them for a bit before moving some of them around.

Using the Detect Magic ability of my Helpful Signet Ring to separate the magical goods from the non magical, and ordering the magical items based on the strength of their auras.

Lopith is just a random made up word that Akresh chose for the command word when he had the rin commissioned.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-17, 10:07 PM
Samantha

Samantha dumps the bodies on the deck and follows Akresh/John to where the items are being sorted.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-17, 10:12 PM
Ainariel

"Miko, I don't think any of us need healing now, though later we'll need to heal that necromancer so we can interrogate him. In the meantime, we can go through what we took from him and his friends. But first, would you mind telling me your name?"

Kagehime
2008-11-17, 10:18 PM
"Fair enough. Okay, you mentioned money and goods? I want a share badly. Don't get me wrong, it's for--fairly--unselfish reasons. Hm? Oh," she added, glancing around to make sure everything was alright after all. "鼬 リン です. That is, I am Rin Itachi."

SurlySeraph
2008-11-17, 11:04 PM
"I'm Ainariel Carnesir. Nice to know the name of at least one of the people I'm working with."

Ainariel goes to look at the loot.

Kagehime
2008-11-17, 11:38 PM
"A pleasure. I doubt you'd know, but it's nice to have a full name again." Rin gives a respectful bow, then turns and calls to the others. "I want some of the gold, and let me have a look at that hood!"

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 12:03 AM
Akresh smiles and says "Those items are magical, at least as far as I can ascertain. I would be careful with them until we figure out what they do. as he indicates one set of items with a wave of a hand As for what everyone's cut is; that first off depends on what the actual value of all of this is and how we are going to decide to split this and any future goods that we gain over the course of this venture. I mean, that armor is worth at least twenty-six pounds of gold. And the collection of potions there is worth around the same, at a minimum. And those daggers are worth around 300 golden crowns each, so that's another 2,400 crowns worth of items. Another 1,400 crowns for that leather armor, it's all of excellent manufacture. Another 2,600 crowns for those bow's. So from just their weapons and armor we are looking at 5,400 crowns. And I don't even begin to know the value of some of these things, that armor taken from the demon for example. I can't even figure out what it's made of."

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-18, 12:52 AM
Samantha

I vote we split up loot evenly, with the possible exception of the bat-&@%# crazy psion.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 01:05 AM
Akresh smiles and says "And how about group expenses? Say a wand of a healing spell, who buys that? What happens if one of us gets cursed and needs to pay a cleric to break it, does that come out of his share or the groups? How about goods gained when one or more members of the group aren't present, do they get a cut? How do we handle items that one member of the group could use when splitting treasure, do we count it as full market value or just the price that we could realize by selling it? What if an item that they would find useful makes up more than their share, do they have to pay in the extra or does it just come out of their future shares?

And this is all just dealing with splitting up the goods. What about our obligations to one another? If one of us gets injured do we expect Rin here to heal us for free, or does she expect payment? How about if she needs special materials that cost a significant amount of money to obtain? If you get captured am I obligated to attempt a rescue? If I get captured are you likewise obligated? What are the conditions upon leaving the group? Does a certain amount of notice need to be provided? Does one gain a share of any group wealth or do they forfeit their share?

As for the bat-**** crazy psion, what are we going to do with him? Kill him and take his shinnies? Tell him too get lost? If we did, would he go?

Nothing is ever as easy or simple as it appears on the surface."

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-18, 01:14 AM
Samantha

It is if you don't overcomplicate it, while we're adventuring together we should share expenses, Rin has already demonstrated her willingness to heal us for free, but if expensive components are required then that would be a group expense. There isn't really a protocol for leaving the group, but we are all adventuring together for the duration of our agreement with the captain. The psion has shown that he is willing to assault us, so yes, I say we ask him to leave, if he doesn't then we can take it from there.

Oslecamo
2008-11-18, 02:37 AM
You wanna take the bodies? Well, you should have your reasons-says the captain, who then turns to one passing crewmand and tells him-Hey, you, take them to one of the empty storage boxes. You can put whatever you want there, and we won't make any questions about what's in there, but the box stays on the ship, so you gotta take what you want before leaving.

Then the crewman guides you to one of the lower rooms of the airship, fited with several large wooden boxes carved with red runes. He opens one of them, and when you look inside it there's an open space much bigger than the box itself, clearly some extradimensional space magic.

The following items show to be magic:

Mythral chainshirt, faint aura.
Large chainshirt barding, moderate aura.
Large black masterwork greatsword who instantly refited to Akresh size as he grabs it, moderate aura.
Ceremonial dagger with a star ruby, faint aura.
The nine brass rings, one from each killed bandit. The one in the necromancer doesn't come out from his finger however no matter how hard Akresh tries. Moderate aura.
The pair of boots that look made of some exotic soft material, faint aura.
A stange bag, dark blue bag with black runes stitched on it, moderate.
Thirty six potions of various kinds, all faint.
Nine scrolls, all faint.
One wand, faint.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 04:46 PM
"Well, does anyone have a way to identify what, exactly, the items in the magic pile do? I've mostly exhausted the extent of my abilities in that field by figuring out which ones are magical in the first place."

Kagehime
2008-11-18, 04:51 PM
"Huh. Good question. I can only detect magic, too."

SurlySeraph
2008-11-18, 06:01 PM
"I don't know about the rest of it, but I can definitely figure out what most of the potions and scrolls do. I'll look them over. It might take a me a while, though. As for the rest... I don't want to risk giving him anything too powerful, but perhaps we should wake the madman up and have him test some of these things. We can flatter him into telling him that we know the items are powerful and that we want him to wear them. If they're cursed, we'll know. If not, we only have to wait until he goes back to sleep to have them back."

I'll take 10 on Spellcraft checks (for a total of 25) to identify the potions and scrolls. I'll do the same for Spellcraft checks to determine whether the brass rings were created or shaped by magic.

If I can, I'll do the same on Knowledge (Arcana) checks (for a total of 18) to see if I know anything about the other items.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 07:15 PM
Akresh seems lost in thought and then snaps his fingers and says "Oh wait, I just remembered something" as he pulls out a small cube from his belt, it's jet black and about 4 cubic inches in size. "I received this from an artificer a few years back and never got a chance to see if it actually worked. It's supposed to identify the properties of magic items."

With that he places it on the mithral armor and says "Identify"

Oslecamo
2008-11-18, 07:24 PM
After some carefull study and smelling, Ainariel quickly discovers the purposes of the potions and scrolls:

8 potions of pass whitout trace lv1
8 potions of shield lv1
8 potions of shield of faith lv1
8 potions of camouphlage lv1
2 potion of cure light wounds lv1
2 potions of jump lv1

Scroll of expeditous retreat lv 1
2 scrolls of ghost sound lv 1
Scroll of true strike lv1
Scroll of pass whitout trace lv1
Scroll of disguise self
2 scrolls of cure light wounds
Scroll of shield of faith lv1
Scroll of shield lv1

Oslecamo
2008-11-18, 07:41 PM
With a click, the upper face of the cube lights up, and in the air above it appears a floating blue glowing text:

Welcome to Identify Visao, your daily identifying tool for work and home.
You've requested to identify an item. Are you sure you wish to identify the the item?

When someone says yes, the text changes and becomes:

Analyzing, please wait...

Wich some seconds later are replaced by:

This magic item has been brought to you by WondrousSoft. All crafting rights reserved.

Wich then changes again to the analyzing text, untill around a quarter hour later the text becomes green and says the following:

Item analysis complete:
Level one enanchment bonus armor with silent moves adition.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 07:59 PM
Akresh seems a bit stunned at the cube and says "Well it appears that it does work. Time to identify the rest of these items."

Just repeat the process for all the other magical items. Feel free to list them all at once.

Kagehime
2008-11-18, 08:38 PM
"Okay, that was just...odd," mutters Rin, crouching down to take a look at the identified potions and scrolls. Nothing she needs there, she notices with a sigh, fiddling with her hair as she would her whiskers in hybrid form. Well, that could just mean more gold for me. Or those magic items will turn out to be useful, who knows?

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 08:54 PM
"Yeah. Odd about covers it."

Are the 69 arrows masterwork or just regular arrows?

Tally of items and their GP values:
8 Masterwork Daggers - 2,416
8 Masterwork Shortbows - 2,640
8 Masterwork Studded Leather - 1,400 GP
Coins - 4,017 GP
+1 Mithral Chainshirt of Silent Moves - 5,850 GP
Bag of Holding I - 2,500 GP
Boots of Elvenkind - 2,500 GP
Black Fleshgrinder - 11,050 GP
Sacrificial knife - 8,302 GP
Demonmight ward chainshirt barding - 5,000 GP (an estimate)
Servant Rings - 4,000 GP
8 potions of pass without trace - 400 GP
8 potions of shield - 400 GP
8 potions of shield of faith - 400 GP
8 potions of camouflage - 400 GP (what book is this from?)
2 potion of cure light wounds - 100 GP
2 potions of jump - 100 GP
Scroll of expeditious retreat - 25 GP
2 scrolls of ghost sound - 25 GP
Scroll of true strike - 25 GP
Scroll of pass without trace - 25 GP
Scroll of disguise self - 25 GP
2 scrolls of cure light wounds - 50 GP
Scroll of shield of faith - 25 GP
Scroll of shield - 25 GP

Items that haven't bee priced yet:
-Six brass mugs with jade inlays, empty.
-Six golden idols of a bald man with a goatee.
-A beautifully black velvet mantle with numerous onyx stones in the interior
-Sixteen black and red opal stones incrustated in the demon's carapace

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-18, 09:03 PM
Samantha

Weird it may be, but it appears to work.

Oslecamo
2008-11-18, 09:07 PM
The storm seems to finally come down as the identifying box analyzes the remaining items.

Sacrificial knife, +1 dagger that grants +3 to knowledge religion to performing sacrificial checks and +3 bonus to all knowledge religion ten minutes after performing a sacrifice.

Demonmight ward chainshirt barding:+1 to AC and saves against attacks and spells from good creatures, an extra +1 to AC and saves against creatures with the good descriptor and spells with the good descriptor.

Black fleshgrinder: adamantine greatsword, when it hits a foe the user may activate it as a free action and drop it. The weapon keeps attacking by itself the foe for five turns, hiting automatically and dealing damage just as if the user was still wielding it, whitout need of any extra action by part of the user. Can be stoped by a sucessfull strenght check of DC20, in wich case the foe is now using the fleshgrinder.

Bag of holding type 1

Boots of elven skin. Grant +5 competence bonus to move silently checks.

Servant rings. Those rings are connected to a master ring. Three times per day, the master ring may exchange a message spell with each of the servant rings.

(Camophlage is from complete divine, druid spell)

Kagehime
2008-11-18, 09:21 PM
Rin sighs, hearing the...thing read off the properties of items. Still nothing good. "Well. You guys take those things then, I've already got a magic bag, so I'll take jewels and gold...it's more what I want, anyway."

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 09:34 PM
Akresh says "Well, none of those items are of particular interest to me. I propose that we place all of this stuff in the bag of holding and sell it as the opportunity arises and then split the proceeds. In fact I propose that that is what we do with all the wealth gained on this venture. The coinage can be used to cover incidental expenses for the group that we can't get the captain to pay for."

What's the wand of and how many charges does it have left?

SurlySeraph
2008-11-18, 09:51 PM
Ainariel looks over the equipment, with a wince of distaste at the elven skin boots. He thinks for a moment. "That sacrifical dagger could be useful to me. I'll take it. Other than that, I don't mind if you sell the rest."
Ainariel pulls a dagger hidden in his boot out, places it into the bag of holding, and sheathes the sacrifical dagger where the mundane dagger was.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 09:55 PM
Akresh shrugs and says "Fine with me, I'll remember and count it's cost against your final cut."

The Glyphstone
2008-11-18, 10:00 PM
“…Ghat ‘ey, dat stuff done pack a whallop…”

Seemingly out of nowhere, a small pocket window opens near the roof, disgorging a short rope that hangs out of thin air. Moments later, a colorful, wiry figure emerges from the extradimensional pocket and slides down the rope, landing on the deck with a small thud.

Standing up, the unexpected arrival proves to be an elf of some sort, though one of clearly exotic origins. He is tall and well-tanned, though sporting all manner of decorative tattoos in various colors on his face and arms, many of which continue under the darkleaf breastplate he is wearing. A number of small trinkets and charms, some of which resemble crude dolls, hang from his belt, but for the moment, he is looking around in rather bleary-eyed confusion.

“Rhaatid!? Ya people not be da Flamerazahs, and dis ain’t de Silvah Phoenix…wha in da spirit’s name be going on here?”

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 10:05 PM
As the window opens daggers appear in both of Akresh's hands and within seconds he has one across the elves throat and the other pokeing him in the kidney "You have about 6 seconds to tell me why you are here, honest answers would be the most conducive to your surviving the conversation."

SurlySeraph
2008-11-18, 10:07 PM
Ainariel jumps up. The sudden arrival of an elf, even a confused one, throws him into a panic. Inverting Akresh's reaction, Ainariel immediately draws his rapier and dagger and skitters backwards. "Who are you?! Are you here for me?! Are you a druid?! How did you get here?! What do you want?! Why are you people still trying to kill me?! Who ARE you?!"

Kagehime
2008-11-18, 10:08 PM
"This is going to be a long trip, I can t--"

Instead of completing that sentence, Rin is distracted, and whirls as something catches her attention. Seeing what it is, she has to blink. Yes, some strange, brightly outfitted elf really did just drop onto the deck. Hearing his words, she sighs again.

Wonderful. More crazies. Especially as paranoid what's-his-name attempted to stab him. She glanced over at the two, and smoothed back her hair, trying--perhaps, as the priestess here--to be the voice of reason.

"Now let's just calm down here..."

Diplomacy check to settle the situation down with the others: [roll0] + 9.

...What is he, an Ork? :smallwink:

The Glyphstone
2008-11-18, 10:23 PM
The movement of Akresh seems to sober up the new arrival immensely, though not fast enough to dodge the daggers. Despite this, he seems remarkably calm, turning his head to look Akresh directly in the eyes despite the knife at his throat. The elf's eyes are a dark blue, and as far as the assassin can tell, completely unconcerned - combined with the wild tattoos across his face, it would be mildly disconcerting at the very least.

"If we're gonna be talkin' bout anythin' mon, I'd strongly suggest ya take ya daggahs away - it not be too conducive to ya health eaythah tah be threatenin' me like dat."

SurlySeraph
2008-11-18, 10:24 PM
Rin's words don't stop Ainariel from hyperventilating, but they do calm him down a bit. "I am calm, Rin. I will continue to be calm if this man is not an Aerenal druid come to get me the moment I made the mistake of coming back into the open. If he is what I suspect he is, though on second thought he doesn't look like one of my people but of course you get lots of odd sorts these days so he still could be but then - " Ainariel gasps for breath. "Okay. Talk to him, then. I'm going to be back here until I'm sure he won't turn into a fire-breathing bear." Without taking an eye off of Ikatani, Ainariel retreats until his back hits a wall, and calls his skeletal dinosaurs to his side.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 10:37 PM
Akresh smiles evilly at the elf who turned his head at an unnatural angle as his eyes turn red and his canines lengthen and sharpen into fangs. "Within the past two hours over a dozen people and one demon have tried to kill me. I'm still alive, they aren't. Now you just appeared inside our airship, which is supposed to be a reasonably secure location. I would like to know why, especially since my friend here seems to think that you might be here to kill him. Personally, you don't seem like the type of person that any of my enemies would send to kill me but I've learned that it's best to not take chances. So how about you start talking and if I like your answers the daggers go away? If you don't like that option, I can always just stab you. And even if you manage to survive the stabbing, there are five of us and one of you."

Using my minor shapechange ability to the red eyes and fangs

Kagehime
2008-11-18, 10:40 PM
"Why do I even try...?" Rin mutters under her breath.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-18, 10:44 PM
Samantha

Samantha, seeing the trouble brewing between the newcomer and the overly paranoid "John" decides to put up her plane of resistance.

If anyone tries to go through it it requires a strength check against [roll0] I can also catch up to twelve ranged attacks that try to cross it each round. The plane is surrounding Akresh and covers the front and sides of the newcomer.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-18, 10:46 PM
The elf grins widely in return - his teeth are also filed to points, but unlike Akresh's, they appear to be that way naturally.

"Da more der are of you, dat's just more spirits fo' me ta be playin' with. For all I know, you people be pirates who'd just finish'd slaughterin' my shipmates and are lookin' ta finish the job, makin' any talk we do a bit pointless. Meeybe we comprise, ya take yer daggers off and I don't put a wither-hex inta ya soul, because it don't mattah if you be da king of hell 'imself, mess wit me and I'll make yah wish yah were nevah born."

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 10:53 PM
Akresh shrugs and says "Perhaps you will. But the daggers stay until you answer some questions, unless you would prefer being bound with manacles instead? I am not a particuarly trusting person, even less so recently, and you need to look at this from my point of view. You just appeared out the thin air, inside an airship traveling at around 60 miles per hour and a thousand feet above the ground. Half of the people in this room have enemies that would like to see them dead and have significant resources at their disposal and we just got finished fighting some cultists who attacked us for no reason that I am aware of. Said cultists being willing to sacrifice their lives and souls to call a demon up from hell to kill us. And after dealing with the demon and most of the cultists, 2 of them managed to teleport away. But not before making various threats. So forgive me if I'm inclined to be less than trusting at the moment."

SurlySeraph
2008-11-18, 10:57 PM
Ainariel puts his dagger away, though he's still pointing his rapier out. He straightens up a bit, and even takes a half-step back towards the newcomer. "Druids don't cast wither-hexes... I think..." He decides to wait for Akresh's discussion to proceed a bit further before deciding to trust the newcomer.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-18, 11:10 PM
"And dis be mah problem how? I go ta sleep in me hideyhole aftah downing two bottle o' somefin dat gnome called alcholmist's fiyah, and wake up ta find meself in a completely different ship surrounded by a bunch o' nutjobs who might or might not be murderin' pirates, one of whom keeps insistin' on holding a knife to me throat despite it being a verrah bad idea."

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-18, 11:17 PM
Samantha

Now just calm down, Mr...
Samantha says to the newcomer.
It's understandable that you're confused, but the overly paranoid man here can't hurt you unless he's he's significantly stronger than I think he is, I've got him boxed in, so how about you tell us your end of the tale and we'll tell you ours?

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 11:17 PM
Akresh blinks at the man and appears stunned "So your a drunk who teleports in his sleep? I can't see someone making something like that up by way of explanation and your breath does smell of alcohol. So I'll give you this small concession. I'll put the daggers away and back off a bit, but if I get even the slightest inkling that you are doing, about to do, or even contemplating doing something unpleasent to me or my companions then I will kill you. One chance is all I'm willing to give you at the moment. Understood?"

Assuming that the man agrees Akresh absorbs the daggers back into his gloves and appears to be ripped to shreds by shadows before being reassembled directly behind Samantha. He then whispers in Samantha's ear "You really thought that you could hold me against my will?" before stepping to the side and saying to the man "So, answers?

Swift action to use Shadow Stride

Kagehime
2008-11-18, 11:18 PM
"Wait, wait, wait...hold on. You drank alchemist's fire? Gods, man, do you have a deah wish? And for that matter, just what is a wither-hex?" Rin sighed, and irritably tightened the obi that held her robe up.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-18, 11:18 PM
Akresh can't actually back off due the the plane of resistance set up around him, read the posts above you before you say stuff

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 11:26 PM
You hadn't posted when I clicked reply. And do you really think it's a good idea to interfere with what Akresh is doing without a very good reason. IC you should have realized by now that he is very paranoid, one of his supposed allies has already tried to attack him once tonight, and now you're siding with a random individual who appeared out of nowhere and in fact actively stopping Akresh from taking the actions that he thinks are necessary to protect himself and the group.

You also *told* said man who is more likely to be an enemy than a random stranger that we are a divided group and that he can expect us to fight amongst ourselves.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-18, 11:27 PM
Actually, what she did was box us both in - neither of us can move out of the square we're in without making that crazy high strength check. She also posted that about 15 minutes before your last post...

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-18, 11:36 PM
Didn't notice that. And how is her plane of force shaped? Are we both in separate boxes? If so then how are my daggers still at your throat and kidneys.

And that's quite a powerful ability if she really can box us in as a standard action.

But I'll alter my post to reflect the plane's existence.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-18, 11:37 PM
I dunno, ask her.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-18, 11:37 PM
Ainariel advances all the way up to Rin, sheathing his rapier as he goes - though he still keeps an eye on the tattooed elf. "I'm reasonably sure it couldn't have been actual alchemist's fire, probably just alcohol. And if this man really does drink alchemist's fire, well, I guess that's his right. Not a right any sane man would execute, but a mad fire-drinker seems safer than a mad aberration-summoner to me."

Kagehime
2008-11-18, 11:41 PM
Rin does have her hand on the gohei under the folds of her robe anyway, just to be on the safe side, as she leans against the wall, eyes watching everyone around her with some alarm. Some team, eh? The only ones who seem at all reasonable are that other woman and this fellow. "That makes more sense...and a fair point."

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-18, 11:50 PM
the new guy isn't boxed in completely unless he was against a wall or something, and Akresh was in a separate square than he was, the plane of resistance just makes it so you can't cross unless you beat my strength check (which I rolled pretty well on, and as telekinesis is the only trick I have I would hope I'd be pretty powerful at it by level 12), I did it precisely because Akresh is so paranoid, the new guy is either a threat that the 5 of us could most likely handle, or he's a drunk cajun fool who's confused and needs a moment to get his bearings, either way I thought it prudent to not immediately kill him (you aren't the only one who gets to act in character you know), and as I did post it awhile back in real time your daggers weren't touching him since that point, but he couldn't reach yopu either, the plane stops as soon as I stop concentrating on it, so if he started casting a spell we would roll intiative and I'd drop it

actually re-reading the abilities description, you are both totall enclosed, I only need 1 5-foot square for each of you

The Glyphstone
2008-11-18, 11:57 PM
The elf reaches out, only to hit the invisible wall in front of him. He gives it a few bemused pokes to the sides, rear, and above before apparently giving up and looking around at the group.

"What yah callin' me mad for, mon? I may not be from aroun' heah, but I know da difference between de stuff dat makes yah guts burn and de stuff that sets 'em on fiyah. And I def'nitely ain't de one going aroun' stabbing everybody who don't look all nicelike when I see 'em.

Now what kinda ansahs do ya want, mon? Hopefully dis invisible box ya got set up'll keep whatevah's making you people crazy away from me while I ansah."

One of the small doll-like effigies at his belt looks remarkably like the elf himself, down to tiny imitation tattoo lines on the cloth face - he pulls it off its hook and toys with it in one hand as he speaks.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-19, 12:03 AM
Seeing that the newcomer is confined, Ainariel decides it's safe to step forward."There are a few answers I want. First, are you a druid? Second, are you plotting to kill us? Third, do you worship Yuri? Finally, what's your name?"

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 12:07 AM
surlyseraph, you're confined too, everyone who had a weapon out is confined, and everyone else might be too depending in the size of the room.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-19, 12:15 AM
Apparently satisfied that someone in the room isn't trying to kill him, the lef shrugs.

"If it's druids you be a-feared of, mon, ya don't need to be worrying about that here - my powahs be much more personal. Yah don't get many druids where I'm from, dey tend ta get eaten. As for me killin' yah, I believe yah bladehappy friend ovah dere did point you dat you got me outnumbahed five tah one - only a crazy man'd take on dose odds. Ain't nevah heard of nobody or nothin' named Yuri. And me name, dat be Ikatani Kabasuti, of the Kanababa tribe. Howbout yah, yah got a tribe tah claim?"

SurlySeraph
2008-11-19, 12:16 AM
Hitting his nose on an invisible wall of force as he steps forward, Ainariel begins to get worried again. "Lady, assuming you're the one doing this, can you let me move? I'm not going to kill him unless he starts calling down fire on me or something. And even then, I'd probably just cripple him." As usual, an even more dire thought passes into Ainariel's mind. Did she set all of this up? Is this some kind of conspiracy? But how would she know we all would be hear? I don't think she knew about this new guy. But I think she's psychic. Can she hear my thoughts? Oh gods, this is why I never trust beautiful women.

Hearing Ikatani's replies, Ainariel focuses back on the situation at hand. "Alright, good. I asked because quite a few druids tried to kill me some years ago, and I'd been in hiding since then. I was afraid you were one of them who still held a grudge. I asked about Yuri because, as John there mentioned, we were recently attacked by cultists venerating him. He was a wizard who loved mind control, typical of those freedom-hating bastards. But this isn't the time to talk about that. In any case, I am Ainariel Carnesir, formerly of the Aerenal elves, and I'm glad to see that you're a reasonable man, Ikatani."

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 12:28 AM
Samantha

Yeah it's my doing, and I don't think I'm letting any of you move until we've all calmed down.
Samantha says, looking at Akresh/John pointedly during that last bit.

Now, the only one of you that I actually know anything about is miss Rin over there, how about we start by introducing ourselves, Ikitani and Ainarial have already said hi and my name is Samantha, who's next?

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-19, 12:35 AM
Akresh smiles and says "I introduced myself back at the tavern. Or at least introduced one of my numerous identities. But since we seem to be working together on a more long term basis you may call me Akresh."

As he speaks Akresh's body seems to shift and reform, eventually settling on the appearence of an average looking elf with above average height, grey eye's, and black hair.

Kagehime
2008-11-19, 09:49 AM
Relieved, Rin leans farther back against the wall, looking up. "I've already introduced myself to Ainariel, but I'm Rin. Rin Itachi. Or Itachi Rin if you want to follow the traditional naming convention, but I doubt you would."

Oslecamo
2008-11-19, 01:38 PM
A couple hours passes by and the storm seems to have calmed down to a light rain, altough you still see some lightings here and there.

Someone then knocks the door, and whitout waiting for a reply the captain enters. Well, he tries to, since the tiny room is really cramped. He ends up choosing to stay in the doorway, with his lieutenants waiting in the corridor behind him, and speaks:

All confortable here? Then please follow me to the planing room. We have battle plans to discuss.

He then notices the newcomer elf, looks at him suspiciously for a moment, and then asks, in a serious but nonthreatening tone:

I don't think I remember you son. I had hired six people back in the village right? How did you get in here?

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-19, 01:43 PM
After talking with the elf for most of the night and having decided that he is a better partner than the mad psion Akresh says to the captain"Well this is kinda simple. I won't work with the psion, he's nuts and has already attempted to attack me once. I will work with this here elf, he might be nuts but at least I don't think that he will stare at crystallized demons instead of attacking the enemy. So if you want 6 people and don't have any particular reason to want the psion then throw him overboard and higher the elf, if you want the psion then I will regretfully return the down payment you have given me and request to be placed on the ground."

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 02:03 PM
Samantha

I must agree with our most paranoid friend here captain, although I don't advocate the killing of said crazy psion, Ikitani seems capable enough, if a little confused.

Oslecamo
2008-11-19, 02:10 PM
The gnome speacks in Akresh's defense:

Well, he's kinda right captain, when I went to retrieve them that psion was trying to turn the others into statues

Yes, but Bogyk, i don't throw people overboard, no matteer how bad they may be...

Well, I see that all you bunch of ignorants can't understand my genious-says Emillio from his sleeping position, startling everyone-I shall go to somewhere where they'll understand me, oh yes...

And with these words, he sudenly disapears from his place. The captain sighes and says:

Well, I would like to say this is the first time that this happens, hired help sudenly disapearing, but it isn't. I'm however really in need of some extra strong hands so I can't afford to be too picky. If you say this elf is trustwhorty and usefull, then I'll take your word for it. Now, anyone else has problems or can we go make the last preparations before landing in the hot zone?

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 02:21 PM
Samantha

Did you learn anything from the captive that might be useful?

Oslecamo
2008-11-19, 03:06 PM
Ah, that. I had a very fruitfull session with him just a while ago.
Aparently he belongs to a large dragon below cult that call themselves the brotherhood of Yuri. They've been integrating several smaller cults over the years, greatly growing in power.
If we are to believe what he said, they're much more dangerous than we first tought. They seem to have been collecting not only tens of thousands of cultists all over Eberron, but also several artifacts of power that went lost after the Secound Mourning. The gatekeer's cave in particular seems to be holding something really important for them, wich made them come out in big force for the first time.

We are looking at around one seven hundred humanoid cultists, with one in ten being an experienced mage, shaman or warriors among them. They're suported by around three hundred lesser abominations, four beholders and roughly four hundred undeads of several kinds, including some hydra ones. Not to speak of summoned demons, altough that demands special rituals on the spot. There also seems to one black and one green dragon that joined them.

Their leader on the field is a mindflayer. He won't join the frontline untill he's sure there's no danger to him. But we got his location. He has four personal golem bodyguards. A direct strike at him may be a good plan, but I don't feel like taking the risk. Would you take it?

The group in the vilage was suposed to be a defensive force to stop any reinforcments from coming trough and try to get recruits inside the village. They attacked us becauce they heard we were reinforcing the gatekeepers. But since some of them escaped, there goes the element of suprise. You had to skip the conjuration classes hadn't you Bogyk?-tells the captain

You would also have skiped those classes if you had the teacher I had. Anyway, what would be the purpose of airships if everybody could teleport around?-replies the gnome.

Well, the cultist is still alive, if you want to question him yourselves.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 03:16 PM
Samantha

I can play good cop if someone wants to play bad, or, ya know, bad cop if someone wants to play good.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-19, 03:36 PM
Akresh just shrugs and says to the captain "I take it that you took precautions to make sure that he was telling the truth and couldn't hold anything back, correct?"

Oslecamo
2008-11-19, 04:06 PM
That he was telling the truth? Yes.

That he spoke all the truth? That I cannot assure you. If you know a better interrogation method, by all means take your chance.

Who do you think we are? The inquisition?

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-19, 04:12 PM
Akresh shrugs again and says "I've found that a telepath makes the best interrogator. An ability called Mind Probe is very nice. Unfortunately my regular contacts in that field don't commute and bothering them about this would require me using up favors that I would prefer to save."

Oslecamo
2008-11-19, 04:28 PM
Well, there's no telepath in this airship, and there isn't any major city in the path we're taking now, thank you very much.

So, wanna talk to him yourselves or we move on to the planing? We're moving at full speed and should arrive at the cave location in two more hours, acording to Anabela.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 04:30 PM
Samantha

Let's just start planning, if we're gonna get there that soon then we need to figure out what we're gonna do.

Kagehime
2008-11-19, 04:31 PM
"Two hours? くそ. I was hoping to get a good night's sleep in. ...Well, maybe we should go talk to him just in case. He might let something else out...'accidentally'." She didn't mean torture. She meant trickery. Yes, she was lawful, but whatever upheld the law...

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 04:35 PM
kagehime, I believe this is the next morning, I could be wrong though

Oslecamo
2008-11-19, 04:38 PM
More than eight hours have passed since you're inside the airship. I assume everybody took the usual rest. Only remembered to tell that now tough.

Kagehime
2008-11-19, 04:42 PM
Oh, alright. Whew!

SurlySeraph
2008-11-19, 05:27 PM
Ainariel

Ainariel taps on the wall thoughtfully. "I didn't realize we'd be up against an army that size. But I think we can handle it, if we don't get hit by all of them at once. I think planning our actions might be the most helpful course of action. And I think assassinating that illithid who leads them will be the best way to stop them."

Oslecamo
2008-11-19, 05:46 PM
Ah, but remember that we also have some numbers on our side.

This airship has a crew of twenty seven seven brave and well equiped men and women besides me and my lieutenants who all know how to make themselves usefull during a battle, and the airship itself is fited for both air and ground attack. We can deploy siege engines on the deck and we have some other tricks built in that make us a much greater threat than our numbers may hint at first place.

Plus, the gatekeepers themselves claim they've managed to rally at least forty masters and around two hundred initiates, between druids, barbarians, rangers and some others for the defense of the gate.

The entrance of the cave itself is a natural fortress, altough several of our enemies will have unnatural ways to bypass those defenses, but it will greatly help us against their lower ranks.

Finnaly, there are binded spirits, feys treants and mystic animals that have defended the place for hundreds of years, altough the gatekeepers insist on not leting out how many or how strong they are.

Now it's a matter of deciding where, when and how would your abilities be best applied in the coming battle. What's the speciality of each of you?

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 05:50 PM
Samantha
I assume you have some idea of you want us to do in the battle already?

Kagehime
2008-11-19, 06:00 PM
"There had better be a plan...but I'm exceptional at two things. One is healing my...associates, the other is beating my enemies up physically. You'd be amazed how much strength you can develop if you only do hard labor every day."

Rin sits, and then leans back in her chair.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-19, 06:01 PM
"I'm a fighter and a necromancer. I'm also decent at scouting, though I expect my apparently elven companion there" - he gestures at Akresh - "is much better at same. I prefer to weaken and kill individual enemies, though I can cut through large groups if I need to. If we're going to try to meet them in a straight battle, which I do not recommend, I'd stay near the frontlines."

Becoming less self-conscious, Ainariel continues. "I think we should start by assassinating their leader if possible. If it proves too difficult to get to him, we can harass their army as they move - assuming that they'll march, not teleport. Meanwhile, those of us who are less inclinced to stealth can fortify the cave entrance. Building concentric walls around it, preferably with caltrops between them, would also be helpful. The airship could hang off and concentrate its artillery on the army as they assaulted the cave - though we would need quite a few people to stay on the airship to protect it from the dragons and any other flyers. We could also conduct surgical strikes against their stronger casters."

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-19, 06:14 PM
"Well I specialize in scouting, spying, forgery, and assassination. And in my experience, assassinating telepaths and those who can read mind's is not exactly a trivial exercise. Specialized equipment is a must. If I was going to try and neutralize the mindflayer I would want to be under the effects of a spell called Mindblank. In the past I've used disposable items that would cast that spell on me but my source for those is no longer among the living. Failing that, it depends on the circumstances. The construct guardians shouldn't be a problem but without more details I won't commit to attempting to assassinate the mindflayer."

Oslecamo
2008-11-19, 06:20 PM
As far as we know their teleportation abilities aren't enough to carry their whole force, but we must expect small groups of stronger enemies to appear out of nowhere in the middle of our ranks.

Harassing them on the move however isn't really an option, since they've already surrounded the zone. Actually, they've been the ones doing most of the harrassing untill now, performing hit and run attacks to wear down the gatekepeers while they gather more forces for a final assault, wich I fear shouldn't take too long. It seems like they've also rigged the whole area with traps. The gatekeepers also did their best to build defensive structures in their controled zone.

The mindflayer hides inside a small natural dungeon compex around half a mile from the gatekeeper's position. Besides his golems there are also a small group of troops defending the area, wich you would need to bypass in some way.

Spliting up depending on your abilities is also a valid option.

Personally, what I would like to do would be digging in the cave's entrance and killing those damn cultists as they came, then sudenly push forwards with everything we have to cripple them. Retreat swiftly, then repeat, untill the enemy breacks down.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 06:53 PM
Samantha

If I have cover I can take relatively large groups of minions, or I can concentrate on one powerful fellow, or I can provide limited battlefield control.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-19, 06:59 PM
"How good are you at sneaking? And can that field you manipulated to hold us block sound?"

Kagehime
2008-11-19, 07:17 PM
"I'll cover everybody's back with shielding and healing, and rub out the ones that get past the first wave," Rin chimes in.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-19, 07:29 PM
Samantha

Sneaking is not my forte, and no, we were talking through the field last night remember? I should probably hang back with Rin, I can cause havok at range, I don't take hits too well though.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-19, 08:45 PM
"On me own, nopes, I not sneaky at all, though I got de magic to make myself into somethin' dat is. My talents be in the mastery of makin' things better, or makin' them worse. Blessin's, curses, boons, an' hexes, dey all be at my fingertips - literally."

He holds the small doll in his hand up for viewing, displaying its crude but uncanny similarity to his own appearance.

"Me people call it voodoo, and it be a powerful weapon in de hands of a mastah. Dis be my effigy - I made it meself, wid a bit o' hair cut from me own head. It be bonded to me in a way only anothah witch doctah can undahstand, but da point ya need to know is dat for any o' da magics I cast, dis doll and I are one and da same. I got no need to see or touch a mon if I got dere effigy in my hand instead - I cast da spell on de effigy, and de link carries its effects to da one it be bonded to, with more powah than if I had cast it on dem directly. Same goes fo' you, but da craftin' of an effigy takes whatevah bit o' yourself dat ya wish to surrender to be da most effective. Wid da proper time, I can make any mon fight at ten times 'is normal strength an' skill, meself included."

Oslecamo
2008-11-20, 04:57 PM
As you discuss strategy, sudenly one crewman comes down the corridor handling a small piece of paper.

Captain! It just arrived an animal messenger for you!

Calm down!-says the dwarf, steping towards the crewman-Let me check that first to see if it isn't traped

The cleric holds the piece of paper and mutters some words, but nothing happens. He then passes the piece of paper to Sajik.

Looks fine, captain, you can read it safely.

Thank you, let's see what it says. It must be from the druids...Oh..Crap...*****!

The captain seems to lose his composture for a moment, but quickly returns to his old self, storing the paper inside his pocket.

Well, good and bad news people. The good news is that the gatekeepers had managed to find some extra reinforcments. Thirty acolytes and four masters The bad news is that they were ambushed in their way to the cave. One beholder, backed up by around one hundred cultists, undeads and aberrations, were waiting for them out of the siege area.

Acording to the message, the gatekeepers managed to kill eighty members of the attacking group, but the beholder ended up overpowering them. Half of them turned to stone or charmed. Only two escaped alive, one master and one acolyte and they're hiding now. They say they saw our airship and they had heard we were coming for help. Now they're begging for us to intercept the beholder and rescue their brethern. They fear that they may try to use the prisioners for some dirty trick. The main gatekeepers force can't help, seems like it's under heavy assault right now.

However, if that's true, then I cannot afford to change the course of the airship for a rescue mission. I must get to the cave as fast as possible. But perhaps you could do it.

Beholders are slow. It surely didn't manage to reunite with the core of the cultists force by now. We could drop you off near his calculated position, then you would track them. Killing the beholder should end the charms, and petrification can be solved later. After that you would have enough strenght to breack trough the cultists lines, or at least hold off untill I could come back for you.

Then, the captain reaches inside his jacket and pulls out a green map. Taking a pen from a pocket, he scribbles a cross on it and then shows it to you:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/mapa.gif

By the information on the letter and my knowledge, the beholder should be around here, in the cross zone. It's still foggy weather, not enough to hide the airship, but enough for some men to fly away from it whitout being sighted. This is, I hope you have some means of flying right?

Thunders are the acolyte forces. They're divided in several twenty five men batallions. There's also two large concentration of them in the large thunder positions, between two and three hunder of them in each.

The gatekeepers are the moons. They've chosen to divide themselves in ten members squads. the large moon is the gatekeepers council and the brunt of their force, roughly one hundred, to help where needed and also holding the main entrance. The flower is the entrance of the cave itself, and the punctuated lines are the fortifications protecting it.

You can also choose to ride with us to the gate, but then who knows what the cultists may do with the captured gate keepers...Damn it, we don't need this now! Only bad choices!

Oslecamo
2008-11-20, 05:27 PM
(stupid server slowdowns)

SurlySeraph
2008-11-21, 12:48 AM
"I'm sure I can track the beholder. But unless someone else here can make me fly, I can't go as fast as I'd want to for this. Still, I think we might want to take out the beholder. Anything that lures any of them out of position buys us time and weakens them."

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-21, 02:04 AM
Samantha

I can get you off the ground, but during combat you'll be on your own, I can't keep you up and participate at the same time.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-21, 02:11 AM
"Save ya strength for de battle - it be a trivial mattah for me to grant us all de powah of flight, as well as just about any othah defense ya'd like tah name. It gonna cost ya, though - if I'm tah make some propah effigies, I'm gonna need some donations."

Kagehime
2008-11-21, 09:09 AM
"I might be able to whip up something that could get you flying. But, again, I'll be doing my own thing, and just yell if you need any support."

I think I'll add 'Fly' to her list of spells--which is why I left those slots open!

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-21, 11:08 AM
Akresh says 'Flying isn't a skill that I've mastered."

Oslecamo
2008-11-21, 12:11 PM
In case you didn't notice, Glyphstone's character has just said he can give you all flying, if you just give him a few gold for him to build some effigies of your characters.

Oslecamo
2008-11-21, 06:52 PM
(testing something)

The Glyphstone
2008-11-21, 08:27 PM
Technically, he didn't specify what donations, and I personally was referring to the personal component* - skin, hair, blood, etc. The gold wouldn't go amiss though.

*Yes, he has Spiritual Voodoo. He considers it crude and a last resort.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-22, 03:51 PM
"Well, that's settled. I guess I trust you enough to give you what you need to get me in the air, Ikitani. What do you want, gold?"

Kagehime
2008-11-22, 03:53 PM
"Well, whatever," Rin shrugged. "I can already fly, so I'm good."

The Glyphstone
2008-11-22, 05:45 PM
"A bit o' coin to cover expenses of de materials wouldn't go amiss, but I was thinkin' o' somethin' a bit moh....personal. da key ingredient of an effigy is da bit dat links it to its ownah - a couple strands o' hair, a few drops o' blood, a bit o' skin, dat sort of thing. If I gonnah be workin' wid you people, it'll be necessary if yah intend to get da most use outta me powahs."

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-22, 05:58 PM
Akresh shrugs again and yanks out a hair before handing it over.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-22, 06:20 PM
Samantha

No offense Ikitani, but I don't really know you well enough to be handing over bits of my body just yet.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-22, 06:38 PM
'Suit yahself, it be da skin off yo' back, not mine."

Heading back into the center of the room where his rope trick remains hanging, he shimmies up the rope again and disappears momentarily, reappearing with a large and well-stuffed travelling bag over his shoulder. This time, as he descends the rope, something else comes out with him, a tiny and brightly colored lump that buzzes as it zips about the room with a clearly independent agenda. It stops to hover in front of each of the others for a moment, holding still long enough to reveal itself to be a bird small enough to fit in the palm of a man's hand, wings beating so fast to be only a blur.

For his part, Ikatani ignores the creature, rummaging through his back and pulling out a smaller sack of some unidentifiable leather. From that bag he removes some dried plant matter and a handful of cloth scraps, sitting himself cross-legged and hunching over the stuff. His hands move rapidly, tying and sewing the cloth squares together around a grass core, all the while mumbling to himself softly. After about a minute, he gives a sudden shout, jabbing at his creation with the hand holding Akresh's hair - at the same moment, Akresh feels a prickling sensation in the back of his head that quickly fades into nothingness. Ikitani holds the completed effigy close to his eye, inspecting it critically, then cackles in satisfaction and stands, holding it out for Akresh to see - a simplistic humanoid shape shrouded in dark and drab colors, bits of wood cut to resemble daggers in each hand, and a smooth face lacking eyes, nose, mouth, or any distinguishing characteristics.

It will cost 120GP apiece to make the dolls, and I'm currently broke - that doesn't need to be included IC unless you want it to be.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-22, 08:35 PM
"Alright, some hair and some gold. But if I start getting aches I can't explain, I'm going to assume it's your doing and respond accordingly." Ainariel cuts off a lock of his hair with his sacrifical knife, then hands Ikatani a small bag of gold.