PDA

View Full Version : [4ed] Swordmage: Be Gone

ShaggyMarco
2008-11-11, 11:01 AM
I wrote down in my notes for a character to use this power. I loaned out my FR book and somehow forgot to finish write down the description to this power.

I have the level

Is it Weapon or Implement?

What does it do exactly?

Tengu_temp
2008-11-11, 12:19 PM
I thought this will be a Swordmage-bashing thread.

Anyway...
http://ffrpg.republika.pl/begone.PNG

ShaggyMarco
2008-11-11, 12:25 PM
I am playing an Eladrin Teleporting machine, and I decided to pick up some swordmage multi-class. The more teleporting powers, the better. Why walk in combat if you can teleport?

Morty
2008-11-11, 12:27 PM
Upon reading the fluff description, I can't help but imagine a Swordmage b*tchslapping the enemy 25 feet away.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-11-11, 12:51 PM
Upon reading the fluff description, I can't help but imagine a Swordmage b*tchslapping the enemy 25 feet away.

This is the Offhand Backhand (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OffhandBackhand) in power form.

I can't help but thinking that they mislabeled the Swordmage's power source. Clearly it was supposed to be "Power Source (Awesome)" :smalltongue:

Tengu_temp
2008-11-11, 01:16 PM

I thought that's how it works by the rules?

I can't help but thinking that they mislabeled the Swordmage's power source. Clearly it was supposed to be "Power Source (Awesome)" :smalltongue:

Agreed. The coolest class in 4e so far.

Morty
2008-11-11, 01:40 PM
I thought that's how it works by the rules?

Well, it's got the Teleportation keyword, which along with the crunch description means that the enemy is teleported those 25 feet. It also uses weapon, not hand. Which is not to say I wouldn't scratch this whole teleportation thing if I was ever to play a Swordmage- it's lame, while sending the enemy flying for 25 feet isn't.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-11, 03:47 PM
What's cooler? Bitchslapping someone 25 feet through the air, or bitchslapping someone so hard you break space-time?

Morty
2008-11-11, 03:52 PM
What's cooler? Bitchslapping someone 25 feet through the air, or bitchslapping someone so hard you break space-time?

The second one might be more powerful, so to speak, but the first one looks way cooler. Besides, 4ed makes teleportation even cheaper than 3ed, as even low-level powers allow it. And sending people flying through the air will never cease to be awesome.

Starbuck_II
2008-11-11, 05:28 PM
Well, it's got the Teleportation keyword, which along with the crunch description means that the enemy is teleported those 25 feet. It also uses weapon, not hand. Which is not to say I wouldn't scratch this whole teleportation thing if I was ever to play a Swordmage- it's lame, while sending the enemy flying for 25 feet isn't.

In 4.0, a hand is a improvised weapon. Yes, a hand counts a weapon for weapon bonuses.
AS a improvised one it has no prificiency bonus to hit, but still can be used to B-slap with Be Gone.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-11-11, 08:00 PM
In 4.0, a hand is a improvised weapon. Yes, a hand counts a weapon for weapon bonuses.
AS a improvised one it has no prificiency bonus to hit, but still can be used to B-slap with Be Gone.

This is very important in a tavern brawl. TWF Rangers become brutal (when they're not dual-wielding chairs) and a Fighter with a serving tray can Tide of Iron up to the bar :smalltongue:

Sadly, Rogues are screwed

RPGuru1331
2008-11-11, 08:04 PM
The second one might be more powerful, so to speak, but the first one looks way cooler. Besides, 4ed makes teleportation even cheaper than 3ed, as even low-level powers allow it. And sending people flying through the air will never cease to be awesome.

Well, we'll just have to disagree. As far as I'm concerned, pimpslapping someone through space time is far more awesome.

Christ, I might actually have to buy the FR book now.

NPCMook
2008-11-11, 08:16 PM
Well, we'll just have to disagree. As far as I'm concerned, pimpslapping someone through space time is far more awesome.

Christ, I might actually have to buy the FR book now.

2 Races, 1 new Class, tons of Paragon Paths, 1 new Epic Destiny, and Spellscars(Multiclass only class)

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-11, 08:19 PM
4ed makes teleportation even cheaper than 3ed, as even low-level powers allow it.Well, that's an awfully negative way to think about it...

And sending people flying through the air will never cease to be awesome.Here, however, we can agree.

Edea
2008-11-11, 09:04 PM
I thought this will be a Swordmage-bashing thread.

Anyway...
{img}http://ffrpg.republika.pl/begone.PNG{/img}

Umm, can you post screen captures from books like that on the board? I didn't think you could.

Fax Celestis
2008-11-11, 09:09 PM
Umm, can you post screen captures from books like that on the board? I didn't think you could.

GSL Content.

Rockphed
2008-11-11, 11:45 PM

The thing is, forced movement can't drop people 10 feet off the cliff. Or right between the rogue and ranger who are itching to get some damage in. Or on the other side of the Locked Door of Doom™ that slammed shut behind you last round. When this thing hits, its target is dropped wherever you want.

Edea
2008-11-11, 11:56 PM
GSL Content.

Wait, so I could start a thread titled 'Some Neat Powers' and post every single screen capture for all of the Swordmage powers in said thread without getting into any sort of trouble with WotC or GitP (I'm not going to, just asking)? This is off-topic, but exactly what kinds of captures can you post out of the book, and what kinds can't you post? Is there a limit to the number of them or something? From what I heard the GSL is about as user-friendly as a great red wyrm :/.

Tengu_temp
2008-11-12, 12:19 AM

I just did, so apparently you can. I don't know if it's legal - but forbidding describing one power to someone who asked to is like forbidding discussing a movie with people who haven't seen it.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-12, 12:52 AM
Spoiler tag it, then?