PDA

View Full Version : If life were a game. . .

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-11-11, 10:06 PM
If life were a game, I would like to know exactly what level I am right now because face it. Everyone(or nearly everyone) in this forum has at one point went up to your other gaming pals and said "L0lz I r t3h 1337 Mag3!!!one!" perhaps in a less 1337 sentence. So I am now compiling a list of Things normal people do in life(or rather, normal gaming people) and assigning Experience to each. And thus, I present the Table of Experience in
LIFE[D20]
*Chores Chart*
Trash: 25 per can
Dishes: 50 per Dishwasher load
Cooking: 75 per person
Cleaning Room(s): 75 x room
Raking leaves: 300 per Acre

*Necessary Activities Chart*
Defeating Food: 5 per ounce
Using Toilet(or W.C.): 50 per pound
Sleeping: 5 per bad "Dream thought" deflected

*Schooling*
Physical Education: 250 per year
Normal Classes: 500 per year
Accelerated Classes: 750 per year
Getting last cookie-brownie: 100 per Cookie or Brownie

And if ANY of you have a suggestion, Hold not, and speak and It shall be added! If successful, we shall never be unknowing of our levels again!

elliott20
2008-11-11, 10:11 PM
you only get 25 xp for an entire year of study? what, you spent the whole time smoking pot or something?

mikeejimbo
2008-11-11, 10:12 PM
Asking out that girl you really like: Priceless.

Hal
2008-11-11, 10:23 PM
*Chores Chart*
Trash: 50 per can
Cooking: 75 per person
Dishes: 100 per Dishwasher load
Cleaning Room(s): 150 x room
Raking leaves: 600 per Acre

Allow me to introduce you to Chore Wars (http://www.chorewars.com/).

OverdrivePrime
2008-11-11, 10:24 PM
Dude, if we really got exp for doing random household tasks and properly executing necessary bodily functions as outlined in the OP, I would have been epic level years ago.

Pie Guy
2008-11-11, 10:29 PM
So this is why i can break things with my mind. Good to know.

Collin152
2008-11-11, 10:30 PM
Dude, if we really got exp for doing random household tasks and properly executing necessary bodily functions as outlined in the OP, I would have been epic level years ago.

Just stop taking levels in Commoner.
Life has been good ever sicne I went Beguiler.
I'll be going Mindbender soon.

Pie Guy
2008-11-11, 10:48 PM

I break you with my mind.

Hal
2008-11-11, 10:52 PM

God help us all if you ever get access to Mindrape.

Collin152
2008-11-11, 10:56 PM
God help us all if you ever get access to Mindrape.

Considering my "Charm Person" is referred to as Mindrape, you should be more afraid of the more swiftly approaching doom of Dominate Person.
Even Suggestion is doom to you all.

Funkyodor
2008-11-11, 11:49 PM
All that experience is meaningless if you have nothing to spend it on...
...or you don't meet the minimum requirements...

Who_Da_Halfling
2008-11-12, 03:48 AM
All that experience is meaningless if you have nothing to spend it on...
...or you don't meet the minimum requirements...

yeah, shouldn't the real question be: what are our ability scores?

-JM

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-11-12, 07:03 AM

True, I'll change that to make the chores and functions lower. . .

No I'll make knowledge better

Fishy
2008-11-12, 07:23 AM
True story, once I did a summer of Stage Crew work at an arts camp. This consisted primarily of moving chairs, music stands, and harps. When the summer started, I could only carry two chairs at a time, though I eventually got the hang of three. Fast forward three weeks, when I try to pick up four chairs at a time, and discover I can.

+1 Chair-Lifting, I instantly thought. Score.

Later, the possibility occurred to me that I might be a nerd.

OverdrivePrime
2008-11-12, 07:34 AM
True, I'll change that to make the chores and functions lower. . .

No I'll make knowledge better

All I'm saying is that people with high fiber diets and the 'strong work ethic' background trait are gonna get called out for being munchkins.

Project_Mayhem
2008-11-12, 07:42 AM
There is already a life game though.

It's the game.

And you all just lost it.

UserClone
2008-11-12, 05:06 PM
Holy crap! Chore Wars is sweet-looking!

Hal
2008-11-12, 05:29 PM
Holy crap! Chore Wars is sweet-looking!

I would imagine it to be a good way to get your kids to volunteer for chores, as you can make "monsters" drop "treasure" such as ice cream, toys, or other rewards.

However, it also works pretty well if you have roommates. You just gotta agree on what kind of "loot" the monsters are gonna drop.

DownwardSpiral
2008-11-12, 06:10 PM
yeah, shouldn't the real question be: what are our ability scores?

-JM

And are we all PCs? OR NPCs? Obviously, we should be all PCs, because everyone is controlling one person, right?

But arn't PCs supposed to be special? (Well, I know for a fact that in 3.5/4.0 , but some are completely opposite)

So, we're either all special. Of course, Syndrome from The Incredibles made the point that if everyone is special, nobody is.

OR, we're all not special. Not a unique snowflake.

....Do I get roleplaying xp from that?

PS, xp from eating and.....other necessary functions? and 500 xp for a year of post secondary?

Who_Da_Halfling
2008-11-13, 03:01 AM
And are we all PCs? OR NPCs? Obviously, we should be all PCs, because everyone is controlling one person, right?

But arn't PCs supposed to be special? (Well, I know for a fact that in 3.5/4.0 , but some are completely opposite)

So, we're either all special. Of course, Syndrome from The Incredibles made the point that if everyone is special, nobody is.

OR, we're all not special. Not a unique snowflake.

....Do I get roleplaying xp from that?

PS, xp from eating and.....other necessary functions? and 500 xp for a year of post secondary?

I think if we get XP for eating, we should get it for eating in D&D too...so probably no eating XP.

What's the CR of the 4th grade class bully?

What's the Bluff DC for pulling the dog-ate-my-homework excuse?

-JM

monty
2008-11-13, 03:10 AM
There is already a life game though.

It's the game.

And you all just lost it.

http://www.prezzybox.com/data/media/11814.jpg
Also
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/anti_mind_virus.png

Kami2awa
2008-11-13, 05:03 AM

PCs aren't necessarily special; in WoD they are usually on the lowest rung of the *supernatural race* ladder, while in many games like Call of Cthulhu they aren't special at all (apart from their suicidal tendency to poke Things Man Was Not Meant to Poke).

hewhosaysfish
2008-11-13, 01:59 PM
I would imagine it to be a good way to get your kids to volunteer for chores, as you can make "monsters" drop "treasure" such as ice cream, toys, or other rewards.

However, it also works pretty well if you have roommates. You just gotta agree on what kind of "loot" the monsters are gonna drop.

Seen this? (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/07/20/)

DigoDragon
2008-11-13, 02:17 PM
Life as D&D... heh, it's too bad real life is actually closer to something like Cyberpunk. Scary. :smalleek:

Gamgee
2008-11-13, 06:07 PM
Me and my friend did the nerd thing and stated ourselves in D20 modern. We arrived at about being level 2 or 3.

According to him 2 levels in Intelligent Hero and 1 in Charismatic with a 17 Int and a mild 12 to charisma. He said I had a good wisdom as well but did not specify. Mind you this was a few years ago so I probably leveled up somewhat and raised a few of my stats :P

Satyr
2008-11-13, 06:48 PM
If life was a game, it would probably be mostly like Gurps, and most people would have negative CP scores.