PDA

View Full Version : GENTLEMEN! I am stumped. [4e Monster Creation]

KKL
2008-11-12, 03:37 AM
As the title suggests, I am homebrewing monsters for 4e. Not just any old monsters, no. I'm statting the lhz_dun03 (http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=npc_shop_warp&map=lhz_dun03) MvPs as level 32 Solo ______s. So far I'm done with the LK, SinX, and WS. I've skipped the HP because well, controllers are hard to do. I can either make it suck bad, or incredibly awesome. Right now I'm working on the Sniper, and the thing about each MvP is that they have an aura that hinders things like fly+blur, and something more or less special for that MvP.

See, the Sniper has an effective range of 50 squares, so I don't need her to channel the Tarrasque. She already have the Evermeet Warlock's Feylights power in an aura to discourage invisibility, and the such. Because she's a Sniper. Now, fellow Giants Plodding About in the Playground, I am requisitioning ideas on what I might be able to ads to this aura as I feel it is lacking, so far.

So without further ado, help please? ;_;

Ka'ladun
2008-11-12, 04:49 AM
Well, for any sniper the most important thing is to see your target. How about the ability to negate any bonuses from cover and concealment, or even give penalties to any stealth checks. An impressive perception check will help as well.

Also, perhaps an alternate aura that slows enemies, so they can't retreat after they're wounded and realize there's no chance of hiding.

KKL
2008-11-12, 04:56 AM
Well, for any sniper the most important thing is to see your target. How about the ability to negate any bonuses from cover and concealment
Covered with the Feylights-esque aura. Although I should word it better as to imply that cover/concealment/total concealment/invisibility/Blur doesn't work.

or even give penalties to any stealth checks. An impressive perception check will help as well.
Snipebitch has got a Perception of +34, although this has given me another idea for the aura.

Also, perhaps an alternate aura that slows enemies, so they can't retreat after they're wounded and realize there's no chance of hiding.
A very good idea. I will also take this into consideration.

Thanks =P

KKL
2008-11-13, 07:21 AM
Bump. Could still use some more ideas.