PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this?

Jophes
2008-11-12, 11:34 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/PictureWhoreOHEYOH/246rz15.jpg

itsmeyouidiot
2008-11-12, 12:19 PM
I pretended on long road trips that I was zapping things with laser vision, amplified by the window.

I sometimes said "zap!" out loud, to everyone else's confusion.

Hell, I still do this sometimes.

Coidzor
2008-11-12, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I actually did a bit of both. Though I think I favored Michael Bay-splosions over lasers most of the time.

Hmm... Occasionally I had the man be Mario and he'd be squishing the other cars going in the opposite direction if he weren't kicking them around like koopa shells.

ghost_warlock
2008-11-12, 12:32 PM
When I was younger I used the do that man running thing. Never did the lazer thing, though.

Now, I'm usually the driver. Which just means the running man has to dodge all the harder! Diediediediediediediediediedie! BwahahaHaHahaha! :belkar:

Flame of Anor
2008-11-12, 01:31 PM
I do both of those, except usually it's a little radio-controlled car that I'm driving along beside me, and I'm usually using a rocket launcher instead of laser vision. Funny, I never thought anyone else did those! :smallbiggrin:

Vuzzmop
2008-11-12, 01:39 PM
I'd do both of the first two posts. I imagine a man dodging obsticles while i hunt him with a laser. Good times.:smallsmile:

Haruki-kun
2008-11-12, 01:39 PM
I imagined I had some sort of Laser vision too, and I actually thought I had to dodge all the obstacles with it. :smalltongue:

Haven
2008-11-12, 01:40 PM
I always imagined telekinetically cutting passing poles or trees, or whatever.

But that's what serial killers do these days, it seems.

Coidzor
2008-11-12, 01:43 PM
I always imagined telekinetically cutting passing poles or trees, or whatever.

But that's what serial killers do these days, it seems.

What's this now about serial killers? Just because the majority of us are very strongly likely to be white males that were posting in this thread?

Korith
2008-11-12, 01:55 PM
GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!! :furious:

...Or pull up a seat. Either way. :biggrin:

Zarrexaij
2008-11-12, 01:57 PM
When I was a kid, I used to picture that a dragon was flying right by the car.

Now I just look at the landscape while I think about something else.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-12, 01:57 PM
I pretended on long road trips that I was zapping things with laser vision, amplified by the window.

Ah, for me, it's explosives.

Zeful
2008-11-12, 02:06 PM
I used to try and count the lines as they went past. It sounded like.
line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line liiiiiiiiiiine line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line line ad nauseum.

Needless to say I was the most annoying person in the car.

Crispy Dave
2008-11-12, 02:12 PM
yes I do the same thing I think of it almost like a performer video game.

SurlySeraph
2008-11-12, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I actually did a bit of both. Though I think I favored Michael Bay-splosions over lasers most of the time.

You mean I'm not the only person who imagined blowing up all the cars that passed by? I actually tried to imagine blowing up cars at strategic points to block off streets and cause pileups. I'm not a terrorist. Really I'm not. >.>

Dumbledore lives
2008-11-12, 02:19 PM
I always had two people running along beside the car, fighting, possibly with giant laser beams. I would also pretend a skater was outside and grinding along everything.

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-12, 02:30 PM
I listen to music and then imagine what's happening outside the car based on what the song is good for in a soundtrack. :smallbiggrin:

Nevitan
2008-11-12, 03:08 PM
I did the running thing, and I would Imagine our car was on the same side of the road as the other cars and whenever we hit one there car would get destroyed.

Atomsized
2008-11-12, 03:55 PM
Huh. Interesting. :smallbiggrin:

Usually when i was bored in a car, i would either sleep or count the yellow lines in the road.

It was when i get up to 30 when i get bored and sleep.

AetherFox
2008-11-12, 03:58 PM
Huh, I always imagined myself skiing (in the winter) at high speeds alongside the car, going off the jumps and grinding on those rails on the side and such.

FoE
2008-11-12, 04:00 PM
I don't imagine someone running beside the car. I'm too busy trying to avoid all the giant bats flying through the air.

someonenonotyou
2008-11-12, 04:01 PM
I do that too and the zap thing

TheCountAlucard
2008-11-12, 04:28 PM
Laws, yes! Riding that bus to school was so boring if I didn't!

Ninja Chocobo
2008-11-12, 04:45 PM
My running/jumping guy looked something like Ratchet, from Ratchet and Clank. Which is odd, considering I wouldn't see the latter for another number of years. Mostly, he would jump on top of obstacles rather than dodging them.

Austran
2008-11-12, 04:45 PM
I do the same thing, and sometimes pretend to strike things on the road/street with the might lightnings that I call down from the heavens! :smallbiggrin:

Dirk Kris
2008-11-12, 04:53 PM
I did the running man thing AND hummed the Ghosts and Goblins theme when we passed a cemetery.

Jimp
2008-11-12, 05:04 PM
YES. Very freaking yes.

Alleine
2008-11-12, 05:08 PM
Wow... I think I've done almost all of those things. It usually changed after I read a new book. Usually a guy, it changed to a dragon, then at some point became the hulk smashing things up, went back to a guy only this time falling in whatever direction we were going, then later he became an anthropomorphic monkey in a biker jacket and jeans and stayed there. No, I have no idea where he came from. There were still cameo appearances by the past figures every once in awhile.

In particular when my first band teacher died I had horrible monsters running around town destroying everything very angrily. He was such a cool guy :smallfrown:

Oh, and I did this for nearly any drive, long or short. There was nothing else to do.

Quinsar
2008-11-12, 05:15 PM
I used to! LAzer things and what not.
But now I have real weaponry in most of the vehices I drive in.
And have been forced to break the habbit.

Kantur
2008-11-12, 05:18 PM
I imagined I had some sort of Laser vision too, and I actually thought I had to dodge all the obstacles with it. :smalltongue:

I did that...Small woods suddenly appearing were a pain....:smalltongue:

Sha'uri
2008-11-12, 05:21 PM
i always try to follow a path the person next to the car could run, weaving in and out of mailboxes, power poles, and whatnot. but i would just trace a path he could take, i knew he was actually somewhere else, because i couldn't see him.

i still do that to this day, that's why carpooling is so fun, i don't have to drive.

Castaras
2008-11-12, 05:43 PM
I used to think it was all a race, and that if a car overtook us, I'd be thinking "Nooo! We're losing!".

Now, I'm too busy worrying that I might get tempted to open the door while I'm in the car. Yay irrational worries that have no chance of happening at all!

itsmeyouidiot
2008-11-12, 06:03 PM

I've always wondered, wouldn't you be blinded by your own laser vision?

I mean, our eyes work by sensing light, and lasers pretty much are light. (Laser is actually an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.)

Knaight
2008-11-12, 06:07 PM
Back to topic. If you put two fingers up in the walking man pose and had it run and jump it is so much more fun.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-11-12, 06:13 PM
I'm the leader of a band of vicious mongols, galloping by on horses, setting fire to stuff.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2008-11-12, 06:19 PM
I used to do it, but instead of a running man it'd be a hedgehog on a rocket-powered surf/skateboard, depending on the landscape outside (the rolling landscape here is probably the reason for the boards - they're perfect for dodging obstacles and keeping up with the car around here).

I still get the thing about opening the car door. Which is why I always lock mine from the inside and subsequently worry about the locks not working in the event that I open the door whiule the car is moving. Yes, I know I'm bizarre. :smalltongue:

Ninja Chocobo
2008-11-12, 06:24 PM
I've always wondered, wouldn't you be blinded by your own laser vision?

I mean, our eyes work by sensing light, and lasers pretty much are light.

No, because it's going out of your eyes. Duh.

Collin152
2008-11-12, 06:36 PM
Now, I'm too busy worrying that I might get tempted to open the door while I'm in the car. Yay irrational worries that have no chance of happening at all!

Me too, but only because I have problems with stopping myself from doing something once I think of it.
If you ever see me lock up and stop moving, it's because I"m trying very hard to not do something stupid.

Alleine
2008-11-12, 06:40 PM
oooh, just remembered, I also used to see giants, giant robots, and things from starcraft just generally zooming around. Heck, I still do it when I'm not driving.

And then there was the man who wouldn't be running, but rather hopping from car to car, usually killing the occupants inside. I'm totally not crazy, not me, nope!

Arrogonios
2008-11-12, 06:41 PM
O.O I'M NOT ALONE!!! I do all of that and have since I could see out the car windows. Nowadays, I pretend the car is a starfighter and spend the entire time looking out the front deciding which of the cars to blast and which to dodge.

Flickerdart
2008-11-12, 06:44 PM
Hell yeah! The little man would have vehicles, though. Like skateboards, or motorbikes. Or just jumping around, too.

Sneak
2008-11-12, 07:00 PM
Oh. My. God.

I'm not alone! :smalltongue:

Kjata
2008-11-12, 08:01 PM
I never did these things. I was either playing gameboy, or asleep. :smalltongue:

Mr. Moon
2008-11-12, 08:35 PM
Wow. You mean other people do this? o.o

For me, it has always been Cyber Six, from an old cartoon show that was cancelled when I was a tike. Which is a shame, since all my memories of it were good ones. I mean, a transsexual super hero with a black panther familiar in an urban environment? Win.
(Shiz. It's so old, I can't even find a proper link to it on Google. o.o)

Only, she didn't go around obstacles, she'd jump on them. It followed the "The Ground is Lava" rule. She could run on telephone wires, signs, dividers, cars, streetlights, whatever. Sometimes she'd spend ages in the air...

I still do it on long drives. I can't really help myself.

Knaight
2008-11-12, 08:46 PM
Huh, I think I actually did that method, not avoidance. Except for when it was more fun to jump over and run on top of cars going the other way trying not to get killed.

Tamis
2008-11-13, 04:57 AM
I had two of these!

One was a black panther running along side the car (in a straight line, always a straight line, jumping over obstacles, it was always a race to see if it could keep up.)

And the other was a great (shaving) knife that would stick out from the side of the car and shearing the bushes and poles off at one hight.

Now that I think about it, the shearing things off was always the leftside, and the panther always the right...:smalleek:

It never sheared other cars though, only the bushes and poles.

I've seen the panther from a train as well. (there, side wouldn't matter.)

Ehm...all in my head obviously.

SoD
2008-11-13, 05:02 AM
...wow. And I thought I was the only one with the imaginary runner (only for me, he sometimes had a skateboard).

Coidzor
2008-11-13, 05:25 AM
Hmm.. Now there's the question of how this runner got inside all of our imaginations and what he's intending to do now...

Are we all naught but pawns in his insidious plan?

The Orange Zergling
2008-11-13, 05:29 AM
For me it was a ninja who either jumped over things like cars or sliced through trees and stuff with a katana.

adanedhel9
2008-11-13, 08:27 AM
Mine was always a skateboarder, grinding on the guard rails and doing tricks off of convenient slopes. Sometimes he was 'pooned to us, and sometimes the skateboard was rocket-propelled (else how would he keep up?).

afroakuma
2008-11-13, 08:41 AM
Yep. Many of these things, at one time or another.

Sneak
2008-11-13, 09:08 AM
My running guy was just a plain super-fast running guy. He would jump from car to car, on top of telephone wires, etc. Sometimes he would get ahead of the car (he was really fast), but then we would catch up.

He was such a BAMF.

Coplantor
2008-11-13, 09:14 AM

I did exactly the same. And sometimes, i used stains in the glass as the guy dodging obstacles, and moved my head to make it jump.

blackfox
2008-11-13, 10:57 AM
My running guy was just a plain super-fast running guy. He would jump from car to car, on top of telephone wires, etc. Sometimes he would get ahead of the car (he was really fast), but then we would catch up.

He was such a BAMF.Great minds, great minds... :smallwink:

Last_resort_33
2008-11-13, 12:38 PM
I had a cutting laser that i used to trim hedgerows, but I had to hop it over trees and lamp posts and things. It would seem that it was controlled by subtle movements of my eyebrows... I'm 22 and still do this when It's not me driving.

Headless_Ninja
2008-11-13, 04:23 PM
I used to imagine a man running too. But he couldn't stand on pavement or roads for some reason, only grassy areas, walls, buildings, cars etc. Not sure why.

ColonelFuster
2008-11-13, 04:34 PM
Well...
I used to walk everywhere.
Uphill both ways, as I remember it.
I think the running man could be a dream monster living inside of your city-inhabiting collective conciousness.

How about this: We schedule a day where everyone imagines the runinng man crashing and dying, and see if something happens?

Nevitan
2008-11-13, 07:19 PM
Well...
I used to walk everywhere.
Uphill both ways, as I remember it.
I think the running man could be a dream monster living inside of your city-inhabiting collective conciousness.

How about this: We schedule a day where everyone imagines the runinng man crashing and dying, and see if something happens?

Or better yet, we get 100 physic people to do it.

ColonelFuster
2008-11-13, 09:26 PM

That would be amazing. Can we organize this? Is there a paranormal thread in the playground?

Collin152
2008-11-13, 09:34 PM

I just so happen to be two-to-three phsychic people.
We're halfway there!
Each of us counts as about 20 thanks to our freaking high power levels.

ColonelFuster
2008-11-13, 09:36 PM
I just so happen to be two-to-three phsychic people.
We're halfway there!
Each of us counts as about 20 thanks to our freaking high power levels.

I c wat u did thar

blackfox
2008-11-13, 09:43 PM
I used to do it, but instead of a running man it'd be a hedgehog on a rocket-powered surf/skateboard, depending on the landscape outside (the rolling landscape here is probably the reason for the boards - they're perfect for dodging obstacles and keeping up with the car around here).!

So I'm not the only one who is has been addicted to Sonic since an early age? (Except my running guy is probably more like Tails. I had a crush on him when I was 9 or so.)

Weezer
2008-11-13, 09:49 PM
I used to imagine i was telekinetically cuting things down, still do sometimes when i've been driving for a while

blakyoshi7
2008-11-13, 10:39 PM
My running dude mostly jumped from roof to roof. When scenery failed to provide adequate roofs, he would run alongside the car, running along rails and cutting down trees and such in his way with a frickin' sweet sword.

Of course, nowadays I have portable video games to distract me instead.

KerfuffleMach2
2008-11-13, 10:42 PM
There was no little man running along for me.

It was a monkey instead.

Moonshadow
2008-11-13, 11:01 PM
I used to imagine that there was a ninja running and flipping from the road lines or nature strips :smallbiggrin:

Vagnarok
2008-11-13, 11:31 PM
I still pretend that there is a snowboarder cruising alongside my car using things as jumps and grinding on the guardrails. It's pretty fun!

SilentNight
2008-11-13, 11:54 PM
I totally did that. :smallbiggrin: First it was Mario, then somehow a Klingon even though I had never seen Star Trek, and then a roller skater.