PDA

View Full Version : Any update on release date?

bwcMD
2006-09-13, 03:23 PM
As the title states.

Or at least an idea of when it got put on the container ship, and how long that particular journey generally takes.

StyxParadox
2006-09-13, 09:13 PM
Actually, they did say that it would take 3 weeks to make it to them. That was in Late Aug. So my guess would be September 20th. And that it would take a few days to ship out all the preorders. I can only imagine how much work that will be since they have ~1000 preorders plus orders from distributors.

Well, ApeGamer... How close is my guess?

StyxParadox
2006-09-19, 07:08 PM
Ok, the wait is killing me. Any updates on the shipment? In customs now? Ship was diverted to Chile? ApeGammer took all the preorder $$$ and went to Chile? The game never existed and this is just a part of a really long dream? Everyone has the game but me and you just don't want to say to not hurt my fealings?

Ok, I really just wanted to know any updates on expected delivery date. Thanks.

StyxParadox
2006-09-19, 07:11 PM
Well ask and you shall recieve:

The games are inside the US, incidentally, on their way to APE's Houston corporate headquarters. From there, they will spread through the world like a virus! A virus packaged in an 11" square cardboard box, but a virus nonetheless. When they ship to stores, so will No Cure for the Paladin Blues, so we're very close to me having an exact in-stores date on that for you. Of course, Paladin Blues is on sale right now in APE's online store, if you want it shipped to your doorstep. The previous two books are currently sold out, but we're working behind the scenes to get them reprinted.

The above info comes from the News section dated 9/19/2006. So I bet my guess is right and they willl arive at Houston on the 20th. .... My 40th birthday!

apegamer
2006-09-19, 10:48 PM
I still don't have the games, but my freight forwarder tells me they're close. Believe me folks, when they're here and we start shipping them, you'll know.

Really!

p.s. - the weather in Chile is great! Wish you were here.

Dwimble
2006-09-23, 01:35 AM
*Jumps up and down in the back seat*

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Any further updates, Kev?

StyxParadox
2006-09-26, 08:07 PM
Everyday, I check the site looking for an update and everyday I see nothing. Oh well!

Fujin
2006-09-27, 12:56 AM
Seriously... can we -please- get an update? Its getting fairly frustrating for those of us that have been waiting since Aug 1st :-[

apegamer
2006-09-27, 02:19 PM
Okay, the games and books are here, and will be shipping starting tomorrow.

You should receive an email with tracking number as your order leaves our warehouse.

Barbarian_Dan
2006-09-27, 02:29 PM
:D :D :D

Pocky
2006-09-27, 04:32 PM
Awesome, this means it might make it in time for my best friend's bachelor party.

Yes, we're going to play RPGs for his bachelor party. ^_^

(I'm going to run TFOS... I hope I'm not too rusty...)

Thanks, APE, and thanks, Mr. Burlew, for making what seems to be an awesome game!

Justin_Miller
2006-09-27, 08:14 PM
*Begins vibrating with glee and anticipation*

Better make it here ok or else I will cry!

StyxParadox
2006-09-27, 09:14 PM
Ah, all of my waiting and watching has paid off.

Thanks for cutting your trip to Chile short for us.

Justin_Miller
2006-09-28, 07:20 PM
Now all I need is the e-mail and I can really start with the anticipation...

Come on... email.... COME ON!

apegamer
2006-09-28, 11:54 PM
Okay, I meant to get the emails out tonight for all the orders that went in the mail today, but I just ran out of time. However, if your order number is before mm=1935 (i.e. you placed your order before 9/19) then it went out today or will go out tomorrow. The exception is international orders, which require a lot more paperwork. Those will go out early next week, along with the rest of the pre-orders.

The emails for shipped products will go out tomorrow - when I'm awakerer.

talonos
2006-09-29, 01:33 AM
And if my number was 1985...

Then I missed the boat? I missed the boat by 50 people? I won't get my OOTS game by a measly 50 people, out of the thousand that are getting them?

What does this mean? (Rising panic...) When will I get it? Weeks later? Months later? When is the second printing? I had it delivered to my college dorm, but I'm only here for the semester... If it gets shipped here after late December, some other lucky devil will get it, not me...

jwolfe
2006-09-29, 03:18 AM
And if my number was 1985...

Read his message again. It says your order will go out early next week.

Those will go out early next week, along with the rest of the pre-orders.

mac13eth
2006-09-29, 09:18 AM
What about the preorders that were taken at Origins? Did I even get an order number?

Pocky
2006-09-29, 11:40 AM
Ah, darn. I'm 2080 or something. :/

Well, we'll still play it, just not until after the wedding. ^_^;

apegamer
2006-09-29, 12:11 PM
What about the preorders that were taken at Origins? Did I even get an order number?

These went out on Thursday.

enderrocksonall
2006-09-29, 12:29 PM
Only orders taken before the 19th? Cause my number is in the 1600's and i ordered on the 23rd.

apegamer
2006-09-29, 01:24 PM
Only orders taken before the 19th? Cause my number is in the 1600's and i ordered on the 23rd.

Yeah, there's a goofy quirk in the shopping cart where it will sometimes go back and fill in gaps left in order numbers. So yeah, even though you ordered later, your order got processed with the other numbers in that range.

Well done!

HHLoneWolf
2006-09-29, 01:54 PM
Thog no have email about game yet

Thog sad

Thog like puppies though

Puppies make Thog happy

:)

talonos
2006-09-29, 02:52 PM
Until I get that E-mail, I'll still worry, thankyouverymuch.

He said the rest of the pre-orders will ship early next week, but only the first thousand orders were pre-orders, right? I'd hate to be person 1050...

Or does the fact that I even was able to order the game at all mean that I was one of the lucky thousand? Does the cart system ApeGames uses automatically freeze orders after 1000? Or is there a chance that I've missed it, even though I did order it?

I'm just worried, because I ordered it Sept 20, nine days after ApeGames said "We've nearly reached 1000"

apegamer
2006-09-29, 03:15 PM
Until I get that E-mail, I'll still worry, thankyouverymuch.

Worry not. We're not going to take orders that we can't fill with the first print run. When we sell all of the games, I'll turn off the product in the store so that no one can buy it.

And the emails will go out later today for the orders that have shipped.

talonos
2006-09-29, 05:03 PM
I stand corrected. I have received no E-mail, but I have suddenly ceased to worry.

Funny thing, that.

;)

bgardner
2006-09-29, 07:33 PM
when do orders go out to distributors?

StyxParadox
2006-09-29, 08:13 PM
I guess you did not get around to the emails since I am order 1817 and I have not gotten an email. No problem because I think I can guess how long USPS Priority Mail takes to get from Houston to Atlanta.

Thanks for all of your hard work getting them out so quickly.

Fujin
2006-09-29, 09:08 PM
Hrmmm... I preordered either in June or early July, and never got an order number as far as I know... nor have I recieved any emails... so I'm quite worried >_<

Sargh
2006-09-30, 11:08 AM
FYI, mine just showed up a few min ago. ;D

Justin_Miller
2006-09-30, 11:54 AM
And you live where?

Scorpion-Red
2006-09-30, 11:55 AM
I would like to know when orders go out to distibributors as well. I don't think I made the 1000 pre-orders so I ordered through a distrubutor thinking it would be quicker.

Sargh
2006-09-30, 01:12 PM
>And you live where?

North Carolina.

Didn't see any of the swag/promo card though, may be buried in the styrofoam peanuts.

StyxParadox
2006-09-30, 04:37 PM
Yea, They had said they would add the promo card since we waited so long but I think I last heard there would be a magnet included. See News:

I've been told that the OOTS Adventure Games has reached Houston, and is being shipped out to those who preordered them right now. Kevin predicts they will all be shipped by Monday, along with any copies of Paladin Blues ordered. Note that this only applies to people who preordered directly through APE Games; if you ordered from some other website, you'll have to wait until the games get through several layers of distributor before you'll see anything. That's one of the perks of ordering direct from us. Well, that and a free Belkar magnet, while supplies last.

As near as I can tell, APE hasn't actually hit the 1000 copy mark on the game. If you order now, you might still get them next week, instead of waiting. No pressure, I'm just saying.

apegamer
2006-09-30, 08:25 PM
when do orders go out to distributors?

Distributors should get games within the next two weeks, I think.

bwcMD
2006-09-30, 10:23 PM
Arrived in OH as well (I pre-ordered at Origins). With a nice shiny Belkar magnet, and the Gen Con card as well. WOOT!

Barbarian_Dan
2006-10-02, 10:15 AM
Wait, wait, wait, wait patiently for my pre-order! 8)

Pfooti
2006-10-02, 01:35 PM
I got mine on Saturday. Nice magnet, nice bonus card. Now, of course, I have to wait until Wednesday until I see my gaming buddies and get to actually play. Looks good, though.

I still think it's hilarious that the rulebook page with Elan saying "Ah, Addition, my old nemesis" (or something) has an addition error on it.

Also: the bonus super secret zmobie gamers card is cool, but is slightly darker on the backside. So a well-calibrated set of eyes could pick it out of a lineup. One card in a hojillion is no big deal, but if there's an expansion (hope hope hope), this kind of thing will let you know what kind of cards are in whose hands.

Also Also: the screw this cards two-tone top (mainly white on black) are pretty easy to spot unless people really chest their cards. So it's possible to count how many monster cards vs screw-this cards a player has in their hand usually. Again, I don't know if this can be converted into a real play advantage, but there it is.

maclaird
2006-10-02, 05:37 PM
Got mine! Just came today. ;D

Edna
2006-10-02, 06:20 PM
It's here! I never got an email (I did check my Junk folder), but the package is here.

Now I have to wait for my son to go to bed tonight so I can open the package. (It's going to be his Christmas present, so I don't want him to see it!)

Edna (in sunny San Diego)

evnafets
2006-10-02, 07:24 PM
May I ask what order numbers you guys had?
I also have not received an email, but I have order# 1560 (ordered late August)

I'm just wondering whether or not they have sent my order yet. If you guys ordered after me, presumably it is en route. I'm expecting it to take a bit longer to deliver being international, but at this point I'm not even sure if its shipped or not.

jwolfe
2006-10-02, 09:55 PM
I also have not received an email, but I have order# 1560 (ordered late August)

I'm just wondering whether or not they have sent my order yet. If you guys ordered after me, presumably it is en route. I'm expecting it to take a bit longer to deliver being international, but at this point I'm not even sure if its shipped or not.

My order number was 1390. The email arrived Saturday, and the package arrived in the mail today.

MetalKelt
2006-10-02, 10:16 PM
sigh... I'm order number 2119... I hope mine shows up by the weekend... I really want to take it to gaming this week.

EDIT: Just got my e-mail, a box of OoTS goodness is on its way :)

enderrocksonall
2006-10-03, 04:54 AM
California just got the delivery!!! Got the magnet and the zombie gamers card. Never got my e-mail though....

pataphysics
2006-10-03, 12:00 PM
I also have not received an email, but I have order# 1560 (ordered late August)...

i received mine yesterday. in florida. order #1346. also did receive an emai letting me know that it shipped.

apegamer
2006-10-03, 12:13 PM
I'm expecting it to take a bit longer to deliver being international, but at this point I'm not even sure if its shipped or not.

International orders are shipping this week. There are hundreds of them, and it's taking a bit of time. Hopefully they'll all go out by Friday, but if not, then it'll be early next week.

Barbarian_Dan
2006-10-03, 02:29 PM
I got my Paladin Blues book yesterday. I think the book itself is nicer then the OOTS DCF book. Also hidden in the package was that bonus card for the OOTS game so naturally that has me thinking about getting the game despite the fact I have doubts I'll find anyone to actually play it with.

Very evil of you to include one card with the book I must say. :P

bwcMD
2006-10-03, 02:57 PM
I ordered mine in early July, and it arrived Saturday. Interestingly, when we checked the mail on that day it wasn't there. Saturday night I checked my e-mail, and had received the shipping confirmation. Checking the tracking number revealed...that the game had already been delivered. So apparently the USPS is now employing ninja techniques in package delivery, or we failed our Spot checks, because it is not a small box to mysteriously appear on the doorstep.

denthor
2006-10-03, 03:11 PM
Does anybody know if you can order the Belkar magnet by itself.... or does anybody want to sell there's.

evnafets
2006-10-03, 03:18 PM
International orders are shipping this week. There are hundreds of them, and it's taking a bit of time. Hopefully they'll all go out by Friday, but if not, then it'll be early next week.

Ok. Good to know.
I'll try and put off checking my email every 5 minutes until Saturday.

kimbo56
2006-10-03, 06:43 PM
Package arrived yesterday (10/2/06) in Sacramento area of California.

I did receive the Zombie card but no magnet. :-[

At least I got the game...

Barbarian_Dan
2006-10-03, 06:51 PM
I didn't get a magnet either, I think you only get it if you ordered the game but even then they had 'while supplies last' kind of thing going with it.

Tarion
2006-10-05, 12:59 AM
Any love for Canadian players? I've been waiting on the edge of my seat for two weeks now.

apegamer
2006-10-05, 09:06 AM
Here's an update on the international orders. We've reached an agreement with the U.S. Postal Service so that we don't barrage them with boxes (since 9/11, it's necessary to show up at the post office in person with the packages and have them each individually examined and processed - a very time-consuming exercise.)

They will handle a certain number of boxes per day for us, at a pre-scheduled time. The good news is that this means we know exactly when the last international boxes will go out the door. All of the international orders from before this week will go out the door by next Friday.

I know this sounds like a long time, but it's what they'll do for us and it's still faster than it will be in stores, I think.

Arcade
2006-10-05, 12:20 PM
Sigh. Darn me and my beer swilling, moose loving Canadian citizenship. I hope this doesn't mean we got shorted on the promo items because of the later delivery time. How will my nine-month old grow up to idolize Belkar if there isn't a nice glaring image of him staring him in the face each day. Hmm, maybe we need some OotS plush toys ... :)

JibberMan
2006-10-05, 02:10 PM
Sigh. Darn me and my beer swilling, moose loving Canadian citizenship. I hope this doesn't mean we got shorted on the promo items because of the later delivery time. How will my nine-month old grow up to idolize Belkar if there isn't a nice glaring image of him staring him in the face each day. Hmm, maybe we need some OotS plush toys ... :)

Yeah, This crossed my mind too aboot missing out on the pre-order swag. That's okay, as long as I get the game I've been waiting to play since I ordered in July, I'll be happy.

Tarion
2006-10-05, 03:10 PM
Well, here's a question. Was the pre-order swag packaged in order of who placed an order first, or in order of what was shipped out when?

apegamer
2006-10-05, 03:47 PM
Worry not. Enough pre-order swag was put aside for international pre-orders.

Ghend
2006-10-05, 09:37 PM
I know you must be tired of this but my order # is 1559 and I have not recieved either a shipping e-mail confirmation nor the game.

The wait is givving me the shakes, me and my geek squad of friends have been chomping at the bit since I ordered in August.

<shakes with the DTs>

Edna
2006-10-06, 12:27 AM

My order number was 1677, ordered on August 21st (arrived October 2nd).

Edna

MetalKelt
2006-10-06, 01:31 PM
I just got mine :) !!!!!!

Nice Belkar magnet and promo card as well. The Belkar magnet was larger than I expected, a nice surprise.

for those interested:

Order Number 2119
Pittsburgh, PA

hobbitfeet
2006-10-10, 04:18 PM
Not had an email yet, but that may just have been caught by my antispam software. Hoping to get this before the first weekend in November when I host our ORPG group's gaming weekend. Fingers crossed :)

Order Number : 1869
Placed : 09/16/2006 17:10:08 CDT
Shipping to UK

Almanro_De_Nerossa
2006-10-10, 07:16 PM
I'm a great Italian supporter of Order of the Stick.
I ordered the adventure game in July and the book "No Cure for the Paladin Blues" in August and I haven't received a shipping e-mail confirmation yet...
Now I'm a bit worried... :-/

Order Number: 1148 (the game)
Placed: 07/18/2006 04:16:20 CDT
Shipping to: IT

Order Number : 1378 (the book)
Placed: 08/06/2006 07:09:31 CDT
Shipping to IT

LordOfNarf
2006-10-10, 10:49 PM
I we order the book/game now, will it still have a chance of going out in a timely manner (ie, sooner rathe than later?)

apegamer
2006-10-11, 04:11 PM
All of the international orders will go out by Friday, at the latest. We've not gotten to many of the mail confirmations yet because frankly we're working 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. just doing the shipping. I stress the word YET, though, which means that the emails will go out.

evnafets
2006-10-11, 04:33 PM
What? You're sleeping 5 hours a day?

YOU SLACKERS!

Your job right now is to be mindless drones, tirelessly hand delivering the much drooled over loot (OoTS board game) to the demanding masses. Eating, sleeping and posting on message boards should be banned until all orders are filled

AND DO MINE FIRST! ;)

-------------------------------------
Seriously: I appreciate the update. Good to know that things are moving.

hobbitfeet
2006-10-11, 05:43 PM
What? You're sleeping 5 hours a day?

YOU SLACKERS!

ROFL :D

Seriously: I appreciate the update. Good to know that things are moving.
Me too - thanks for the update. :)

chindogu
2006-10-12, 09:22 PM
Order Number : 1484
Placed : 08/10/2006 21:26:50 CDT
Destination : Australia

Email Just recieved, informing that ...

A package was shipped to you on 10/11/2006

Zink
2006-10-12, 10:39 PM
Order Numbers (game, book): 1343, 1223;
Placed (game, book): 08/04/2006, 08/06/2006;
Destination: Israel.

Got an email an hour ago telling me that the package was sent on 10/10. Eight minutes later, I got another message, quoting the first one, but saying that it was shipped on 11/10.

Pretty odd, but I'm not complaining. It was very nice to get the notification email, and I even got two emails! Looking forward to get the package, and many thanks for the notification.

hobbitfeet
2006-11-02, 03:12 AM
OK, I got mine almost two weeks ago now. I never did get the email, but as I say, that may have been swept by my mail filters.
I've not been able to report the happy news due to the fora moving.

Zink
2006-11-04, 01:56 AM
I got mine on Oct. 25th... But I still haven't received the book. Were they supposed to be in the same package, or should I still expect the book to arrive soon?