PDA

View Full Version : Rules variant: "You start at level 5..."

Pocky
2006-10-11, 01:40 PM
When my friends and I played our first game (6 players), we felt that it was a bit slow in the beginning, and it took us three hours just to get to the second floor (partially because of learning the rules, but mainly because we wanted to get more schitcks).

To counteract this, I came up with the idea of the 'You're all level 5 to start.'

What this means is that everyone starts with all four red schticks and two schticks from their schtick deck. It did speed things up enough to get us to the third floor before we had to end the game (at hour three).

What other rules variants have people come up with?

Wanderlust
2006-10-12, 10:19 PM
We have a few house rule things we use, some from the Rulebook itself. Here's how we usually play:

- Shuffle traps back into the loot pile when triggered

- Roy can only use his Great Cleaveage shtick when use the Greenhilt Sword as his battle shtick (not with bag of tricks, for instance)

- A roll of 1 on the die always misses, 12 always hits. This is another good way to keep Roy from cleaning out entire rooms at a time. You're always bound to roll a 1 sometime

The traps one was on accident, since we misread the rules which state that you remove the traps from the game after triggered. I'm sure we'll use that method from here on out.