PDA

View Full Version : Aquestion having nothing to do with the rules.

KingKha
2006-09-12, 10:13 AM
Ok, well i registered pretty much just to ask this and i figure if i keep it vague enough i'll get what i want
What are your plans for expansions for the oots game?

apegamer
2006-09-12, 10:31 AM
Expansions - why didn't I think of that?!

WampaX
2006-09-12, 11:41 AM
The box itself is large enough to accomidate a few expansions worth of extra material.

Prety progressive thinking, there.

ibitak84
2006-09-12, 11:51 AM
Well, that depends - In countries were board games are common/popular, expansions are really a standard thing for quality games like this one.
(If there is a reasonable prospect that people will buy them.)

apegamer
2006-09-12, 12:22 PM
Well, that depends - In countries were board games are common/popular, expansions are really a standard thing for quality games like this one.
(If there is a reasonable prospect that people will buy them.)

I know, I was kidding. We're working hard on expansions, but I don't really want to elaborate just yet.

StyxParadox
2006-09-12, 06:15 PM
I know, I was kidding. We're working hard on expansions, but I don't really want to elaborate just yet.

Hmmm, it seems to me that you did elaborate by saying "expansions" instead of "expansion". By that I mean you hinted that there might be multiple expansions or that you working on different directions on where to go with the expansion. Also, it would seem clear that you have not finished an expansion and there is time for us to throw in our thoughts and ideas. ... Or maybe I am reading too much into all of this.

Traveling_Angel
2006-09-14, 06:46 PM
Basically, I see two possible expansions for the OOTS game.

1) New Cards. These would be pretty much like the Munchkin Expansions. New monsters, new shticks, new loot, heck, even new rooms. A wise addition would be to add errata from the last edition.

2) This falls in with #1, but with more depth, and would be undoubtedly more expensive to design. Instead of the dungeon collapse mark the end/beginning of scoring, the characters continue with the story line. So the first logical expansion would be the town, ending with a side quest of some sort. Then the side quest would be the next expansion and so on, continuing to where ever OOTS goes.

Nightstallion
2006-09-15, 02:44 AM
I really like the sound of the storyline idea...

Well, I really like the idea of an expansion, period.

rwald
2006-09-15, 03:51 AM
That reminds me of the LotR game, actually, with its different boards. One thought: When using multiple dungeons, it would seem prudent to variables for a "short game," or maybe even reduce the number of levels and stuff needed to enter the lair -- if you're going to make it three times as long, starting with 3 hours gets a bit ridiculous. Alternatively, follow-up games could be more sequels than expansions, and only deal with the new plotlines; it would be somewhat less satisfying, but it would be more feasible, and if you really want to, you could play them sequentially and add up bragging points from both "rounds."

Traveling_Angel
2006-10-12, 06:30 PM
Brainwave. After bragging points are scored, the group goes to the town, and they try to sell loot, multi-class and so on. this would work a bit like Rocketvile, (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/prodrv/rocketville) but with OOTS flavor, and the group sticking together.