PDA

View Full Version : Fun House! (A Werewolf Game - Now Recruiting)

Zeb The Troll
2008-11-12, 06:30 PM
It was a hot summer night and the town was bored. The public pool had sprouted a strange algae and no matter how many times they cleaned it and treated it with chemicals, it just wasn't going away. The playground equipment at the local park had developed a nasty termite infestation, making everyone wonder why they had ever thought the rustic wooden playground equipment was 'quaint and unique'. And to make things even worse, a local gang of rowdy teens had stolen every ball in town. The soccer and baseball fields stand empty and coach's are on the warpath. Suffice it to say that every mother in town is near to pulling her hair out.

BUT....Relief is at hand! Everyone stands and watches in awe as the convoy of brightly colored trucks, tents and equipment pull into the now empty parking lot near the old mall.
THE CARNIVAL IS IN TOWN!

Everyone will be attending the opening night of the carnival, because frankly...what else is there to do in town? But you don't just have to roleplay townspeople. You could be a carnie! Or part of the side show!

The Rules
Here are the rules of the game. The game will proceed like most any other game, except that we are not going to provide a list of roles that ARE in the game. We are only going to provide a list of roles that MAY be in the game. The only person that would know, for example, if there is a seer in the game or not is the person who gets assigned that role. It will be up to them to figure out who they want to tell and how much they want to tell.

The list of roles that may appear are as follows...

Good Roles

Townperson (villager..duh) - regular schmoe, wants to eliminate the wolves by lynching each day

Working Mom (Baner) - She takes care of kids at night. She can choose each night to protect someone from an attack

Soccer Mom (Careless Baner) - Always worried about everybody else. She can choose each night to protect someone, other than themself, from attack

Stay-at-Home Mom (Day Baner) - She takes care of the kids during the day. She can protect someone each day phase from being lynched

(The PTA) (Masons) - this group of parents knows one another before the start of game

Fortune Teller (Seer) - can scry one person each night to learn their role. She'll even tell you your role.....for a price.

Self-taught Enthusiast (Fool) - He bought a bargain bin tarot deck and now thinks he is the 'seer', can scry on person each night and learn a role, which may or may not be correct

Strongman (Beast) - when killed, be it by lynching or night attack, will take one of his killers with him

Clown (Disguiser) - With his trusty make up kit and bin of funny hats, the clown can make someone appear as whatever role they wish each night phase

Side-Show Freak (Llumblebee) - If someone chooses to look at the sideshow freak at night, they're so horrified by what they've seen that they find themselves unable to look at anyone else. In other words, If the freak is targeted with a night action, the next night the action of the person who targeted them will no longer work.

Cotton Candy Vendor (Voider) - Can target a player each night phase, if that person has a night action, the action is blocked by sticky, sugary goodness.

Agent (Assassin) - works for an undercover agency, every third night is able to call in a target that he thinks is a wolf to be 'taken out'

Feuders - these players win if they outlive the other

Lovers - these players are tied to one another, if one dies, so does the other. When pointing at the same target, their vote counts as 3

Bad Roles
Alpha - the leader of the wolf team, if present, will scry as a villager, but will not get to select his or her team

Devil - member of the wolf team, can scry one person each night and learn their role

Killer - member of the wolf team, can kill one person each night, if the killer is lynched, the wolves (or Alpha if there is one) will elect a new one.

Recruiter - Member of the wolf team, can recruit someone every third night, recruitment is refuseable.

Wolves - the bad guys, intent on causing havoc, each night they will try to kill one of the townspeople.

Gang of Rowdy Teens (Cult) - They need more people to help them cause mayhem throughout the town. Starts with only the cult leader, and can recruit someone each night into the cult, recruitment is refuseable

Zeb The Troll
2008-11-12, 06:31 PM
The Players!

Aemoh
Aether
Banjo1985
catseye2121
Dallas-Dakota
deathslayer7
detrevnisisiht
Dirk Kris
Dragoon
Dr. Bath
Emperor Demonking
evnafets
Fin
Griever
hap hazard
Haruki Kun
Helgraf
Hero 1.0
Iamech
iceddragons
Istari
Jontom Xire
Lavidor
Lex-kat
Lord Fullbladder
Mechafox
Mordokai
Mountain Faerie
Mrs. Banjo
Murska
Mustiado
PirateMonk
placeholder
Recaiden
Reinholdt
Shadowcaller
Supagoof
The Valiant Turtle
Tired n' Drowzy
Uncle Festy
Vampiric
Wolfbane
Xykon Fan
Zar Peter

Shadowcaller
2008-11-12, 06:33 PM
I guess I'm in.

Alarra
2008-11-12, 06:36 PM
As our first recruit you get *ONE BONUS WIDGET* It doesn't do anything, but you get one....FOR FREE! :smallbiggrin:

Griever
2008-11-12, 06:37 PM
In, naturally.

Reinholdt
2008-11-12, 06:39 PM
I'm in. Lucky #3.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-12, 06:41 PM
As our first recruit you get *ONE BONUS WIDGET* It doesn't do anything, but you get one....FOR FREE! :smallbiggrin:

Well it goes well with my air guitar.

*makes guitar noises while playing guitar in the air*

Hyozo
2008-11-12, 06:41 PM
I'm in. I may have a hard time deciding what I'll be roleplaying though...

Vampiric
2008-11-12, 06:42 PM
Definitely IN.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-12, 06:50 PM
In :smallsmile:

Haruki-kun
2008-11-12, 06:54 PM
Hmmm.... *thinks*

Aww, screw it... *is in*.

Zar Peter
2008-11-12, 06:56 PM
The Players!

placeholder

Never heard of this playgrounder :smallbiggrin:

In!

Uncle Festy
2008-11-12, 06:58 PM
Sooooo in.

Haruki-kun

In!

What? You don't know PlaceHolder? Well, he was one of the original Townies, and I think he was in the first WW Classic. He was also one of the people who founded the acronym organizations...

Oh yeah, he makes some freakin' awesome avatars. In fact, he used to be in ABR, but hasn't shown up in a while. He's pretty awesome, isn't he? :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt

In!

Somebody should totally use that user name someday.

UncleWolf
2008-11-12, 06:59 PM
I'll play.

hap_hazard
2008-11-12, 07:05 PM
In. -fill- -n stuff-

Heroic
2008-11-12, 07:07 PM
In as usual

PirateMonk
2008-11-12, 07:18 PM
In, as I seem to be dead everywhere else.

Istari
2008-11-12, 07:26 PM
Why not? Im in

Dr. Bath
2008-11-12, 07:44 PM
I'm in. But you better not kill me first night again wolves! *shakes fist*

Mustiado
2008-11-12, 07:52 PM
Sure, put me in.

Fawkes
2008-11-12, 07:56 PM
I suppose I'll give it a shot. I don't understand all the roles, though.

Specifically, Careless Baner, Recruiter, and the Cult. Also, what does it mean that the Alpha can't pick his team?

Zeb The Troll
2008-11-12, 08:21 PM
I suppose I'll give it a shot. I don't understand all the roles, though.

Specifically, Careless Baner, Recruiter, and the Cult. Also, what does it mean that the Alpha can't pick his team?The Careless Baner - this is a role that I believe first appeared in LlamaLlamaDuck. Basically it works like any other baner role, except that the person with this role can not use it to protect themselves at night.

Recruiter - This is a specific role that would allow the wolves to recruit villagers to their ranks, increasing their numbers and making it tougher for the villagers to win. This is especially complicated by the fact that at any time, someone on the villagers' "safe list" might be compromised by being recruited by the wolves.

The Cult - I'm not sure of the origin of this one, but these guys would have a motive altogether seperate from that of the wolves. Basically, each night they try to recruit someone to their ranks. That is their ONLY ability. Their win condition would be assimilation of all remaining players.

The Alpha - in a normal alpha game, the player who is the alpha gets to chose who is on their team (see Ye Olde West and Rebellion as examples). However, due to the nature of this game, this would not be the case. The alpha would simply be a wolf that scries as a villager.

Note - this is the gimmick of this game. There may not be an alpha, or a recruiter, or a cult. There may not be a Soccer Mom or a Strongman either. What roles will actually be in play is a) as yet not determined and b) a secret known only to those who get the roles.

Lamech
2008-11-12, 08:24 PM
I think I will join this game. And by the way I assume that everyone can be recruited?

Uncle Festy
2008-11-12, 08:25 PM
Two questions, then.
1: Do the wolves start knowing each other?
2: What does the wolf killer give the wolves that they wouldn't already have?

Vampiric
2008-11-12, 08:27 PM
And, if the wolf killer isn't in the game, do the wolves lose their night kill?

PirateMonk
2008-11-12, 08:29 PM
The Cult - I'm not sure of the origin of this one

They originally appeared on this forum in Mafia II, IIRC.

The Valiant Turtle
2008-11-12, 08:29 PM
I was just thinking it's about time I joined another game. In Please!

Hyozo
2008-11-12, 08:38 PM
2: What does the wolf killer give the wolves that they wouldn't already have?

In my opinion it probably exists to define the effectiveness of:

Cotton Candy Vendor (Voider) - Can target a player each night phase, if that person has a night action, the action is blocked by sticky, sugary goodness.

If I'm right, he has to target the killer specifically (instead of just any wolf) to block the night kill. This is important since without it he is effectively a better baner who also doubles as a seer.

Zeb The Troll
2008-11-12, 08:57 PM
And, if the wolf killer isn't in the game, do the wolves lose their night kill?If there is no killer, then the wolf kills would work normally. Also, having a killer in the game would mean that the person with that role would be solely responsible for sending in night kills. Without one, any wolf would be able to. (We normally request that the wolves nominate a spokesperson who's responsible for sending in kills and that person's declaration counts. But if for some reason the spokesperson can't send one in, or forgets to, another wolf could do so in their place. If there's an Alpha, that person is the spokesperson by default and we ask them to name a pecking order who can send in kills in their absence.)

In my opinion it probably exists to define the effectiveness of:

If I'm right, he has to target the killer specifically (instead of just any wolf) to block the night kill. This is important since without it he is effectively a better baner who also doubles as a seer.That's correct. This would enable a voider to block night kills as well as devil scries and wolf or cult recruitment attempts. Note that lynching a killer, if that role is in play, does not remove the night kill ability. It would merely make the voider have to pick someone else to void.

Wow, you guys are good. I wasn't expecting this many questions to come up. I envisioned a fairly simple game, honestly. Thanks for keeping us on our toes. :smallcool:

evnafets
2008-11-12, 09:22 PM
Which way to the rollercoaster? Sign me up!

Aether
2008-11-12, 09:33 PM
Hmm.. I'd like to sign up, if there's still room. When would it start?

Also, who exactly are the wolves? What's lynching and wolf-killing going to be---sent to detention, to the doctor, or what..?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-11-12, 09:55 PM
Cotton Candy!! Cotton Candy!!

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-11-12, 09:59 PM
Ze Foollbladder, he sign up for zhis. Zhere ees room for heem, yes?

Ze Foolbladder ees a fool for joining so many games.

Helgraf
2008-11-12, 10:06 PM
At the rate I'm dying off, sign me up.

Recaiden
2008-11-12, 10:48 PM
I'm in. Not in too much right now.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-13, 12:13 AM
I wanna play.

Aemoh
2008-11-13, 12:17 AM
In, says I :smallcool:

Supagoof
2008-11-13, 02:14 AM
*Throws darts at balloons. Pops 3. Wins big teddy bear.*

In!

Jontom Xire
2008-11-13, 04:51 AM
You missed Jontom Xire off the player list!! :smallbiggrin:

So in for this!!

banjo1985
2008-11-13, 05:24 AM
In with fake muffin masks!

Lavidor
2008-11-13, 07:04 AM
In with a swing! Speaking of which, I'm gonna be roleplaying the swings.:smallbiggrin:

Dirk Kris
2008-11-13, 08:26 AM
Ooooh, I LOVE the carnival.

In.

Murska
2008-11-13, 08:26 AM
Joining in.

Mountain_Faerie
2008-11-13, 08:46 AM
A game about carnies?! I must play. Hippie won't let me near carnies ever since I told him that story.... :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2008-11-13, 08:48 AM
Hm, I'm gonna participate in this.

Reinholdt
2008-11-13, 09:09 AM
A game about carnies?! I must play. Hippie won't let me near carnies ever since I told him that story.... :smalltongue:

Now you're just going to have to share that one.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-13, 11:02 AM
Sign me up.

Fin
2008-11-13, 12:51 PM
In, with Cake!

Mrs Banjo
2008-11-13, 03:28 PM
Can i play pwease? :smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2008-11-13, 03:41 PM
*fails will save*

*cuddles Ambrosia*

"Sorry Custard. You'll have to take over the world by yourself from now on."

Mordokai
2008-11-13, 03:43 PM
Can i play pwease? :smallfrown:

Banjo? You fell victim to the accursed gender bending belt as well?!

*realises his mistake*
*feels stupid*

Good to meet you my lady! :smallbiggrin:

Vampiric
2008-11-13, 04:47 PM
Noooo!

*steals kitty from Reinholdt*

Mine, I tell you! Mine!

Thank god Mordokai got it wrong first... I totally thought that was a gender-bent Banjo... >_>

@V: Oh Noes! I haz no kitteh :smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2008-11-13, 05:11 PM
"No way! I cuddled Ambrosia first. Dibs I say! Dibs!!!"

*Reinholdt steals Ambrosia back and flees*

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-14, 11:00 AM
IN IN IN IN!
The cookiemonster has come wth the carnival! And he's occasionaly sharing cookies with some kids! Yay for delicious cookies! Yay!

Yay's.

Mountain_Faerie
2008-11-14, 04:17 PM
Now you're just going to have to share that one.

You probably don't want all the details. Let's just say the guys running the whirl and hurl are not very appealing to 13 year old girls. We made a quick escape and didn't look back.

This carnival will be different. It will only have creepy wolves on the whirl and hurl. I hope they don't get fur in the cotton candy... :smallyuk:

Istari
2008-11-14, 04:28 PM
But the kitty is so cute. I want to cuddle him

detrevnisisiht
2008-11-14, 04:36 PM
in .

Mrs Banjo
2008-11-15, 05:52 AM
But it my kitty! :smalleek:

*runs off, leaving a decoy behind*

Vampiric
2008-11-15, 09:24 AM
Decoy! :smallbiggrin:

*glee!*

*steals*

*flees*

Fawkes
2008-11-15, 06:54 PM
I forgot to subscribe to the thread. Oops.

Dragoon
2008-11-16, 05:40 PM
Sounds like fun, I'm in. Goes off to decide what to roleplay as.

Xykon_Fan
2008-11-16, 06:04 PM
I'll play!

*Throws paper bag over head and edges away from wolfbane*

I'm normal! I swear!

@V: That's up to you to decide. :smallwink:

UncleWolf
2008-11-16, 08:44 PM
I'll play!

*Throws paper bag over head and edges away from wolfbane*

I'm normal! I swear!

:smallconfused:
So you are a person who is a furry instead of a werewolf?:smalltongue:

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-16, 08:59 PM
I'm definitely in.

TFT
2008-11-16, 10:07 PM
You know, the whole aspect of is there even this role in the game is interesting... in.

Xykon_Fan
2008-11-16, 11:18 PM
I personally think the villager normal shmuck role will not be picked.

Alarra
2008-11-17, 02:50 AM
Oh, hey, so....recruitment closed! Roles will be sent out this evening and a new shiny thread will be up for your playing enjoyment tomorrow morning. Thank you and have a lovely day. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2008-11-17, 09:44 AM
The game thread is now up here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96922). Point Away!