PDA

View Full Version : Thanking Rich Burlew

eragondr
2008-11-12, 08:22 PM
I made this thread so that ever person can thank Rich and I hope ever person on here will give their thanks. I want to thank Rich for making The Order Of The Stick and all the great characters. I want to thank him for giving us all laughs. I want to thank him for making me love comics. I want to thank him for working so hard. I want to thank him for the dragon avatar. I THANK YOU RICH!

Warlord JK
2008-11-12, 08:26 PM
His name is Rich Burlew. And yes, Thank You Rich for an awesome comic.

Assassin89
2008-11-12, 08:40 PM
Thanking Rich sounds like an excellent idea. Rich has taken time out of his personal schedule to create an artistic statement.

TheCountAlucard
2008-11-12, 08:42 PM
Indeed, thanks, Rich!

BardicDuelist
2008-11-12, 08:45 PM
I thank the Giant in a way which I think he appreciates more than anonymous posting on his forums: Buying his excellent books. Specifically those that aren't webcomics (such as "On the Origin of PCs" and "Start of Darkness"). Even the ones that are published online, it's still worth getting them for the Giant's commentary and to support his great product.

Salty
2008-11-12, 08:49 PM
I agree with you wholeheartedly. The Giant deserves much more, but the best I can do is buy the books, and this. So, I say with great sincerity, many thanks Rich Burlew, your comic will never cease to amaze or delight me, and may you live and continue to write OotS and whatever future projects you may take for many a year. Thank you, Rich Burlew.

silversaraph
2008-11-12, 08:55 PM
Indeed, he is awesome. let's see if we can get over a thousand posts in the next twenty four hours!

I shall now go buy another two oots books.

Nevitan
2008-11-12, 08:57 PM
Yeah!
The giant deserves a thread he can read his praises in, the comic discussion threads have too much speculation to read, so
Thanks a lot!!

Kish
2008-11-12, 09:00 PM
*cheers*

I still think Start of Darkness qualifies as a graphic novel and an epic one, at that.

ref
2008-11-12, 09:23 PM
Thank you, Rich.

Setra
2008-11-12, 09:27 PM
Thanks Rich, for a damned good story.

Goldor
2008-11-12, 10:42 PM
Thank you so much Rich for bringing such quality content on the internet!

I especially love how you've made us (well, at least me!) involved in your great story and you always leave us wondering what the next strip will be. I'm always looking for a new oots comic everyday (the rss feed helps a bit) and I'm delighted every single time you post a new strip.

Again, thank you! :smallbiggrin:

rayne_dragon
2008-11-12, 10:46 PM
I would also like to add my thanks to Rich for the uncounted hours of enjoyment the OOTS comic has brought me. Start of Darkness is my favourite.

Flame of Anor
2008-11-12, 10:49 PM
Rich, you're great! Huzzah!

Llaqus
2008-11-12, 10:57 PM
He definitely has my gratitude, and a ty from every one i know who doesn't bother to read the forums, but still reads his comic.:smallwink::smallwink:

Gargor
2008-11-12, 10:59 PM
Ehhh what the hey, thanks Rich.

liuzg150181
2008-11-12, 11:01 PM
I'd like to express my appreciation as well,this site is now my daily staple e-diet and I am expressed by the humours and plots he's able to conceive considering that DnD is a rather niche subject.:smallsmile:

randomnondescri
2008-11-12, 11:05 PM
Echoing the others; thank you, the comic is one of the things I look forward to constantly.

Nightgaunt
2008-11-12, 11:06 PM
Thanks Rich, I've used your latest script (Philosophy of Chaos) as a send to all the PC's who play in my world. The writing was fan-tastic and the artwork top notch. If you ever sell this as a poster count me in on the Buy-Train.

Enough, thanks for everything Rich, it's been incredible so far and I can't wait to see the thrilling conclusion!

Warlord JK
2008-11-12, 11:08 PM
Reading all the other posts, my thanks doesn't appear to be fully adequate :smallbiggrin:.

Thank you so much Rich for giving all of us an awesome free comic and forum to not only discuss it, but to do numerous other things as well. The best I can do is to buy OoPCs and No Cure For the Paladin Blues, as I've already bought your other ones, as well this thread. Keep on going Rich and thank you so much.

Sarepean
2008-11-12, 11:08 PM
Thank you Rich!

someonenonotyou
2008-11-12, 11:10 PM
Yeah go rich

Sereg
2008-11-12, 11:20 PM
Yes, Thank you Rich for your excellent work. You have given the world something truly wonderful.

Lira
2008-11-12, 11:38 PM
Thank you Rich, for making something so worthy of being obsessed over. When I first looked at OOTS over my friend's shoulder, I had no clue how much I would grow to love the comic. You're amazing. And thank you so much for continuing to produce OOTS strips despite your illness. ^_^

AKA_Bait
2008-11-13, 12:26 AM
I've noticed that we tend to thank The Giant weekly round these parts of late. Normally, that would seem a bit much. Of course, taking into account that every week he:

Gives us a new comic for free.
Provides an awesome forum for free.
Keeps the forum advert free for free.

Well, he deserves it.

Thank You Rich!

mockingbyrd7
2008-11-13, 12:44 AM
My three favorite authors: Jim Butcher, Bill Waterson, and Rich Burlew. Granted, I'm 14 and don't have a boatload of reading experience, but regardless I think Rich Burlew is a hilarious writer and deserves all of our thanks.

turkishproverb
2008-11-13, 12:46 AM
Thanks Rich. And remember, don't look in the statues mouth.

Fawkes
2008-11-13, 01:49 AM
Topics like these pop up every so often. I've never seen Rich respond to one. I wonder if he reads them.

Just in case....

Thanks, Rich!

Blanth
2008-11-13, 12:51 PM
I've not seen the other similar threads before but I'm chiming in:

Thank you so much Rich. The strips are fun and entertaining. I also bought all the epic graphic novels (not comic books!).

Keep on going!

Kato
2008-11-13, 02:39 PM
Think I'll just join in.

Thanks a lot, Mr Burlew, for this awesome comic, you're giving us for free. Even if it's often hard to wait for the next strip, but I assume getting something that great is worth any time waiting for it. Please continue writing the way you did unil now, and I promise to stay a fellow reader until the comic is over or my connection dies. Arigatou gozaimasu.

Elanorea
2008-11-13, 04:12 PM
Thank you for making this awesome comic! It was the first webcomic I started reading, and even though I've read a lot more by now, I still think OotS is the best. Keep up the great work!

OOTS_Rules 2
2008-11-13, 04:52 PM
Mabye somebody could make "I support Rich Burlew" buttons to use as avatars! I would do it, but my spriting is terrible.

Warlord JK
2008-11-13, 06:54 PM
Mabye somebody could make "I support Rich Burlew" buttons to use as avatars! I would do it, but my spriting is terrible.

Or banners to put in sigs, too many ppl love their avatars :smallbiggrin:.

Watkins
2008-11-13, 07:13 PM
Ooo... Me! Count me in to thank Rich for creating such art and nice stories...!
Go The Giant! :smallbiggrin:

Istari
2008-11-13, 07:18 PM
Go Giant!!:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

mikeejimbo
2008-11-13, 08:47 PM
I thank the Giant in a way which I think he appreciates more than anonymous posting on his forums: Buying his excellent books. Specifically those that aren't webcomics (such as "On the Origin of PCs" and "Start of Darkness"). Even the ones that are published online, it's still worth getting them for the Giant's commentary and to support his great product.

And don't they have bonus strips too?

KBF
2008-11-13, 08:55 PM
Thank you Rich. Even those us who cannot, for one reason or another, buy the books, will continue to support you by reading your strip diligently, and encourage others to do so.

Greep
2008-11-13, 09:00 PM
The only repeating thread I like :D

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Seriously, I read a lot of webcomics, and none come close really.

Ertier
2008-11-13, 09:13 PM
Thank you for quality writing, good characters and a great story. Thanks for Roy and Company. Thank you for Shojo and Mr. Scruffy. Thank you for Hinjo (and Hinjo's junk :smallwink:...). Thank you for Xykon, Redcloak and even Miko... Thank you...

sasuke898
2008-11-13, 10:30 PM
to Rich Burlew, and the order of the stick; let them both be long lived!