PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 2

WNxHasoroth
2008-11-13, 10:46 AM
So what do you think of the story line? I'm in two minds about it, I like it and yet I don't like it at the same time. The easy hypothesis to make is that the Locusts are getting revenge on the Humans, as the Locusts were sired from humans that had experiments performed on them.

But the whole setting is so gritty, and dark, and awesome, that I can forgive them a relatively generic plot point. Your thoughts and guesses?

SuperMuldoon
2008-11-13, 10:59 AM
Well I think that things aren't as they seem:

I think that the Locust were always there, though very primitive (as their structures in the hollow are very old. If we created them, where did their buildings come from?). Humans captured some and began tests to try and fuse Locust strength with Human intelligence - this led to the sires and Myrrah, the Queen (the girl subject described in the war journal collectables). However they escaped on that expedition to Mount Kadar, and with Myrrah's intelligence she was able to make the Locust into a mechanized fighting force to take revenge on the humans.

This is all just my interpretation though, theres so much thats left unexplained, I think we will just have to wait for the inevitable third game. I am, however, a big fan of the universe and storyline and hope that they tie everything together without resorting to oh humans created the locust and they are pissed.