PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A question of speeding

monty
2008-11-13, 12:37 PM
Ok, so I'm working on a high-level character; he's going to be a Bloodstorm Blade/Master Thrower/Other stuff. His shtick is killing things with a pair of enchanted daggers, primarily focusing on Lightning Ricochet (basically, causes Returning to happen immediately instead of next turn, so I can full attack with the same weapon) and Palm Throw (throw two daggers or other small weapons with one attack roll). My question is this. If one of the daggers is a speed dagger, I get to make an extra attack with it. Since Palm Throw lets me throw two weapons with every attack roll, would I be able to also use the second dagger with this attack?

hewhosaysfish
2008-11-13, 12:47 PM
Well I can say what the strict interpreation of RAW would be but going by common sense then I would say you can't because Palm Throw (if I understand what you're describing right) lets you throw 2 daggers at the same time while you've only got one dagger. No matter how fast it comes back you can't throw it twice at the same time.
Unless it somehow travels back in time to before you threw it, I guess...

monty
2008-11-13, 12:52 PM
If I had a third dagger, then, would it make sense to be able to throw that one in the extra attack (with Quick Draw)?

Talic
2008-11-13, 12:59 PM
No.

BSB's lightning ricochet sends each dagger back immediately after it hits/misses.
Master Thrower allow you to make an attack with two weapons at once, in place of a regular attack.

So, yes, you have the 2 daggers available...

However, the attack granted by a speed weapon specifically limits the attack to being with that weapon. I'd go with no, on that one.

However, haste, which just gives you a nonspecified extra attack, should work fine. Several items exist (fairly cost effective, I believe) that give you Haste. Boots of speed seem to be most in line with your needs. Get a couple actions every fight under the effect of haste. 10 every day is a fairly significant amount, and 12k is more affordable than the speed enhancement, which, on a +1 weapon, adds 30k to the weapon.

Heck, you could have 2 pair of boots of speed, allowing 20 rounds (or four encounters, of 5 rounds each), for cheaper than the speed enhancement, and get extra initiative, attack bonuses, and movement to boot.