PDA

View Full Version : Starting up a new game, looking for input

Shpadoinkle
2008-11-13, 07:19 PM
This would be a BESM (Tri-stat version, not d20) game. For anyone who's see the miniseries The Lost Room (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Room), it would be based loosely on that (fair warning: contains spoilers past the intro). For those of you who haven't, it's basically about what would happen in the modern-day world if magic items, similar but not identical to the ones available in D&D, were to suddenly be discovered. Some would be minor artifact-level in D&D terms, while others would be essetially useless, game-wise (like a watch that boils eggs placed in the circle created by the band, and a cufflink that lowers blood pressure).

I can't say I'm very good at getting games started, so right now what I really need is a way to introduce the objects, and some sort of incentive (preferably beyond just curiosity) for the characters to continue seeking them and thier owners out.

Irreverent Fool
2008-11-13, 07:47 PM
This would be a BESM (Tri-stat version, not d20) game. For anyone who's see the miniseries The Lost Room (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Room), it would be based loosely on that (fair warning: contains spoilers past the intro). For those of you who haven't, it's basically about what would happen in the modern-day world if magic items, similar but not identical to the ones available in D&D, were to suddenly be discovered. Some would be minor artifact-level in D&D terms, while others would be essetially useless, game-wise (like a watch that boils eggs placed in the circle created by the band, and a cufflink that lowers blood pressure).

I can't say I'm very good at getting games started, so right now what I really need is a way to introduce the objects, and some sort of incentive (preferably beyond just curiosity) for the characters to continue seeking them and thier owners out.

Well, there are always people after the Objects in the series. A character or group of character could be in possession of an Object and start using it in a way that draws attention.
obnoxious
sig

UserClone
2008-11-13, 08:26 PM
I have no idea how to help you, but I LOVE your SN! "Fudge, Packer?" :smallbiggrin: