PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Scrolls of the Megaloth

Thurbane
2008-11-14, 02:14 AM
Inspired by the song from Aussie metal band Mortification (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortification_(band)) - Scrolls of the Megaloth, I came up with a campaign plot.

An ancient and powerful yugoltoh (the Megaloth) has been imprisoned in an extradimensional prison for aeons, but the key to unlocking his prison and setting him loose upon the world is a series of six scrolls.

These scrolls, penned by an ancient and mad prophet in the Dark Tongue, if read in sequence, will unleash the Megaloth. The plot would involve stopping a sect of fanatics from retrieving and using the scrolls.

My dilemma is the Megaloth - I'm looking for a powerful adversary for the PCs to face if they fail in stopping the sect. I'm thinking some kind of advanced, (templated?) yugoloth for them to battle, but what kind? My initial thoughts are an advanced Voor (31 HD, gargantuan, MM4)...

Thurbane
2008-11-15, 07:05 PM
55 views, no replies? :smallfrown:

OK, how about templates - can anyone suggest some good templates for a huge or gargantuan outsider?

Proven_Paradox
2008-11-15, 08:18 PM
What level would the PCs be at the point they fight this thing? What kind of wealth would they probably be working with? What kind of optimization do your PCs usually do? Knowing all of this is important for suggestions.

Fax Celestis
2008-11-15, 09:19 PM
A good place to start are the Voidmind, Shadow, Dark, Spellwarped, and Half-Farspawn templates. You can see the result of such a pairing here.

Thurbane
2008-11-15, 11:08 PM
Ah yes, some details would help I guess.

I'd be looking for the creature to be around CR 18-21 or so...

Half-farspawn would work quite well with the Voor, methinks...:smallbiggrin: