PDA

View Full Version : Question about battle triggers

Wanderlust
2006-09-06, 03:08 PM
I haven't yet received the game, but I've been reading through the rules and the forums so I'll be ready to go when I do.

One of the things that I'm not quite sure of is regarding movement and battle triggers. Two questions:

1) Does movement through an empty room (with or without loot) always trigger a battle there?

2) Can you move through a room that has monsters in it without triggering a battle?

Thanks for the tips in advance

ElderGias
2006-09-06, 03:40 PM
1) You can move through empty rooms without triggering a battle. However, when you stop in an empty room or when you discover a new room, you will immediately have a battle (unless something crazy happs with special cards). Keep in mind that a room is not empty if it has another OOTS member in it, so you can stop in a room with another OOTS member and not have to fight a monster.

2) If a room has monsters in it, you can move through the room and not fight them so long as you have sufficient movement. However, there are rooms that will cause you to stop in them before progressing, and there might be monsters that force you to stop movement (though I havent seen any yet). Again, crazy "Screw This!" cards might also cause this effect, but I havn't seen any that do, yet.

Wanderlust
2006-09-07, 06:42 AM
Thanks, that clears that up. :D

ElderGias
2006-09-07, 08:25 AM
Not a problem 8)