PDA

View Full Version : Let the gouging begin...

Sky_Schemer
2006-08-23, 10:02 AM
I see the first OOTS adventure game auction has popped up on eBay. Yes, now you can own your very own OOTS adventure game for only $70! (http://cgi.ebay.com/OotS-Order-of-the-Stick-Adventure-Game-from-GenCon_W0QQitemZ230021616054QQihZ013QQcategoryZ441 11QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) :P

WampaX
2006-08-23, 10:09 AM
I see the first OOTS adventure game auction has popped up on eBay. Yes, now you can own your very own OOTS adventure game for only $70! (http://cgi.ebay.com/OotS-Order-of-the-Stick-Adventure-Game-from-GenCon_W0QQitemZ230021616054QQihZ013QQcategoryZ441 11QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) :P

Why it took them this long to get it up, I don't know. I mean the game's ship month is right around the corner.

They should have put it up right after GenCon or right after the first printrun of the game was out. Either way, they would have stood to make ALOT more money than they will putting it up now.

Sky_Schemer
2006-08-23, 10:40 AM
Why it took them this long to get it up, I don't know. I mean the game's ship month is right around the corner.

There are only a couple of days left on the auction so it's been up for a bit. I just stumbled across it this morning.

Shockingly, no one has bid yet. ;)

WampaX
2006-08-23, 11:48 AM
There are only a couple of days left on the auction so it's been up for a bit. I just stumbled across it this morning.

Shockingly, no one has bid yet. ;)

Well, for one thing, he has a low response count and Two, he doesn't even have a picture of the product, just an image swipped from ApeGames.

Plus, at this point, you can't be sure that you'll be getting a complete product. There has only been two reported instances of an incomplete box . . .

Also, Initial Bid is almost double what the retail price for the game that will be released in less than a month.

Maybe he'll get a couple of people willing to take a risk and pay through the nose, but with two days left and no bids . . . we'll see.

Edit: One other thought is that he could have sweetened the deal by throwing in the PromoCard as well, since you wouldn't be able to get that with the regular retail purchase.

Wanderlust
2006-09-06, 03:14 PM
No offense, but since you could buy the game AND "No Cure..." for the same amount, I think I'll hold off. Besides, I think my local game shop has a copy that might be there for people to try playing (Pandemonium Books in Cambridge, MA).

Still, I'd love to be trying it out.