PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 Creature] Unfinished Kitten Folk

DracoDei
2008-11-14, 09:40 PM
Just putting this up so I will remember to work on it, since it was buried on an obscure computer. This was originally going to be an entry for one of Vorpal Tribbles creature creation contests a while back, but I didn't get it finished in time.

Pah-Khet
My, what a cute kitty!
I approach to pet her head
Now my throat is gone

{table="head"] ~ |
Pah-Khet, Newborn |
Pah-Khet, Kitten |
Pah-Khet, Pah-Khan
Size and Type |
Tiny Monstrous Humanoid |
Small Monstrous Humanoid |
Medium Monstrous Humanoid

Hit Dice |
1d8-1 (3 hp) |
2d8-2 (7 hp) |
6d8+? (27? hp)

Speed |
15 ft. (3 squares) |
20 ft. (4 squares) |
30 ft. (6 squares)

Initiative |
+3 (-1 Dex., +4 Improved Initiative) |
+9 (+5 Dex., +4 Improved Initiative) |
+1

AC |
12 (-1 Dex, +2 size, +1 natural); touch 11; flat-footed 12|
?? (+? Dex, +1 size, +2 natural); touch ??; flat-footed ??|
?? (+? Dex, +1 size, +4 natural); touch ??; flat-footed ??

BAB |
+1 |
+2 |
+6

Grapple |
-10 |
-3 |
+6

Attack |
Claw +0 Melee 1d2-4 (19-20) |
Claw +7 Melee 1d3-1 (19-20) |
Claw +6 Melee 1d4

Full Attack |
2 Claws +0 Melee 1d2-4(19-20), Bite -5 Melee 1d3-4(19-20) |
2 Claws +7 Melee 1d3-1(19-20), Bite +5 Melee 1d4-1(19-20) |
2 Claws +6 Melee 1d4, Bite +1 Melee 1d6

Space/Reach |
2 1/2 feet / 0 feet |
5 feet / 5 feet |
5 feet / 5 feet

Special Attacks |
None? |
+2d6 Sneak Attack, Sudden Pounce?, Rake, Sanctuary of Cuteness?|
Magic Tongue

Special Qualities |
Low-light Vision, Great Cuteness, Sanctuary of Cuteness, Tempting Fluffiness|
Low-light Vision, Aura of Comfort, Great Cuteness, Magic Tongue, Sanctuary of Cuteness?|
Aura of Comfort, Magic Tongue, Sanctuary of Cuteness?

Saves |
Fort -1, Ref +1, Will +2 |
Fort -1, Ref +8, Will +4 |
Fort +?, Ref +?, Will +?

Abilities |
Str 3, Dex 8, Con 8, Int 6, Wis 7, Cha 8* |
Str 8, Dex 20, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 12* |
Str 10, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 13

Skills(1) |
Climb+?**,Diplomacy +?, Escape Artist+?, Jump +? |
Climb+?**, Bluff +?, ?Craft Or Profession(Any one) +? ?, Diplomacy +?, Escape Artist+?, Jump +?, Sense Motive +?|
Craft Or Profession(Any one) +?, Diplomacy +?, Escape Artist+?, Jump +?, Sense Motive +?

Feats |
Improved Critical(Claw, Bite), Iron Will(B), Weapon Finesse(B)|
Combat Reflexes(B), Improved Critical(Claw, Bite)(B), Iron Will(B), Multi-Attack(B), Negotiator, Run(B), Weapon Finesse(B)|
Iron Will(B), Negotiator

Environment |
Temperate plains |
Temperate plains |
Temperate plains

Organization |
Litter 2-8 plus 2 Pah-Khan |
Any |
Solitary, Pair, Pair with Newborns

Challenge Rating |
1? |
3? |
?

Treasure |
None? |
Standard + Bell? |
Standard

Alignment |
Usually Chaotic Neutral |
Always Any Non-Lawful |
Often Any Non-Lawful

Advancement |
2 HD (Tiny) |
3-5 HD (Small) |
?By Class?

Level Adjustment |
~ |
+3? |
+1
[/table]
*But see Great Cuteness below.
** Pah-Khet receive a +10 racial bonus to climbing up. This does not apply to climbing down or sideways(or maybe this second part is just a myth they cultivate?).
Description
[/b]Great Cuteness(Ex):[/b] Pah-Khet are hardly powerful sorcerers or intimidating, however they are UNDENIABLY, UTTERLY CUTE. Newborn and Kitten Pah-Khet receive a racial bonus to the DCs of their charisma based racial abilities and to Diplomacy and Gather Information checks. See individual entries for details.

Newborn
0-3 years old
Great Cuteness(Ex): +8 bonus.
Sanctuary of Cuteness(su): As per Sanctuary but always active. Broken for duration of combat if Pah-Khet attacks. Attack by Pah-Khet or successful saving throw grants immunity to the Sanctuary of Cuteness of that Pah-Khet for the next 24 hours.
Tempting Fluffiness(Su): Will Save or approach and pet. Only make one save per litter, but each additional Newborn beyond the first increases DC by 1.

Kitten
4-30 years old
Great Cuteness(Ex): +5 bonus.
Surprise Pounce (Ex): If a Pah-Khet Kitten charges a foe or attacks a flat-footed foe in a surprise round, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.
Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +7 melee, damage 1d3-1.
(1)Kitten Pah-Khet receive skill points as a Fey. (6+Int Mod.) per hitdie, quadrupal for first hit-die.
Bell worn gives +5 to bluff and diplomacy, -10 to move silently?

Pah-Khan
31+ (Max. Age 35+1d6)
Only fertile once in life, for a period of 1 month, Gestation 9 months, 2d4 offspring per litter. Males are impotent after this period in their lives, and often elect to have their testicles removed after the breeding period so as to releive sexual frustration and prolong life. Females experience intense menopause that renders them both infertile and sexually uninterested. (Change to sexually active, but unable to re-produce and bump up Charisma to play sexy angle of legends???)
Twin-tails?

Life Cycle

Combat

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_%28zodiac%29
Tiger people are difficult to resist, for they are magnetic characters and their natural air of authority confers a certain prestige on them. They are tempestuous yet calm, warm-hearted yet fearsome, courageous in the face of danger yet yielding, soft and mysterious in unexpected places. They enjoy a life full of challenges and unexpected events, like visiting unusual places and meeting interesting or outstanding people. Other people in their area are easily attracted by the tiger's enthusiasm and way of life. Tigers find pleasure in the unpredictable, and while other people would rather make a backward step, they are not afraid to explore the new and unusual. But it is not that simple to interest the Tiger. What they really need is first-hand experience. Usually open and frank, these people are likely to withdraw and can be aggressive when trapped. As soon as Tigers have regained their sense of security their confidence also returns, enabling them to set out once more. These people usually tend to trust their instincts, though there is another side of their personality, which assesses situations thoughtfully before they launch any actions. Their friends usually secretly admire their determination and optimism, though sometimes may find it complicated to share the Tiger's enthusiasm and can be pushed away and left behind. Although Tigers can be courageous and generous friends, if they are not able to achieve what they want, they can be inflexible and self-centered. So if your friend was born in the year of the Tiger, there will be highs and lows in your friendship, but the friendship itself will remain firm.

Ideal jobs for tigers include entrepreneur, military officer, politician, musician, writer, poet, artist, theater director, biological and environmental engineer, stockbroker, athlete, film star, trade union leader, company director, stunt person, explorer, and lawyer.

Other Relevant bits of Wikipedia:
Chinese Zodiac (Viatnamese variation especially, but root important too), Origins of Chinese Zodiac, History of Cats [Japan], Maneki Neko, Nekomata

From #DnD on Nightstar
ErikMesoy: 25 CHA is overdone, remember it represents Intimidate as well as diplomacy...
Me: Yeah, I may restructure that some... but either it is going to be racial bonuses to the DCs of a lot of stuff, or weakening the creature by just lowering it, or a special rule about them using the negative of their Charisma modifier for Intimidate for the first two age catagories.
ErikMesoy: That is all I have to say for now. Poke me (and perhaps others?) when you have it more developed.
((Note, have done this... before that Newborns had CHA 25 and Kittens had CHA 20))

ErikMesoy Also recommended this page... I think the use of the Bluff skill sounds interesting, plus most of the feats, sound especially appropriate

Flame of Anor
2008-11-15, 06:57 PM
"Ohmygod!!! You have a kitty!!! Kitty kitty! Hello, kitty kitty! Hello!"

Bhu
2008-11-16, 06:26 AM
Me likee :D