PDA

View Full Version : Crystals Face

Mariel Dragon
2008-11-15, 09:06 AM
Have you noticed that Crystals skin is rather bright, but on the backside of her head it becomes dark? Such hard color transitions... *gasp* is she probably a fleshgolem (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0578.html)?

Kaytara
2008-11-15, 09:19 AM
I think it's just the funky shaved part of her head.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-15, 09:21 AM
Have you noticed that Crystals skin is rather bright, but on the backside of her head it becomes dark? Such hard color transitions... *gasp* is she probably a fleshgolem (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0578.html)?

You sir win the crazy-monkey powered-theory of the hour award. Prize, one slap about the face with a damp kipper delivered by one of the award committee at some point in the future.

Assassin89
2008-11-15, 09:36 AM
Although being a flesh golem could explain her lack of int, Crystal is able to speak while flesh golems cannot speak. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/golem.htm) In the event a flesh golem does speak, the Grubwiggler golem creation center urges you to disregard its advice :smallbiggrin:

Edit: changed URL

Kish
2008-11-15, 09:52 AM
In the event a flesh golem does speak, the golem creation center urges you to disregard its advice :smallbiggrin:
That's not different from Crystal...

Incidentally, I don't think your link goes where you meant it to.

NerfTW
2008-11-15, 01:01 PM
That's shaved hair, not skin. She has long hair on top, and the rest shaved off completely, in a "punk" hairstyle.

hamishspence
2008-11-15, 01:08 PM
Punk? I thought it was a "pudding basin" cut- very medieval.

NerfTW
2008-11-15, 01:44 PM
Punk? I thought it was a "pudding basin" cut- very medieval.

Good point. I was going by the punk rocker style clothes. Either way, it's shaved hair and not skin. :smallsmile:

Warlord JK
2008-11-15, 05:19 PM
The black part is part of her shaved head hair-do, not some funky transition between white and dark skin. See above posts for your award, kind sir.

Flame of Anor
2008-11-15, 07:46 PM
*gasp* is she probably a fleshgolem (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0578.html)?

Nah, she's not smart enough to be a golem. :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

rayne_dragon
2008-11-15, 08:13 PM

I think somebody owes golems an apology. :smallbiggrin:

Assassin89
2008-11-15, 08:17 PM

if that was true, Crystal's INT would be negative :smallbiggrin: because golems do not have an INT score. Crystal's CON is also too high for a golem.

Scion_of_Darkness
2008-11-15, 09:39 PM
Well she could be an awakened golem or living golem. If not then the stats for a flesh golem are only the stats for an adverage flesh golem anyways. A Dragon Magazine article on flesh golems specifically said that they could have intelligence scores, a la Frankenstein. I think Crystal being a flesh golem would be great, as a construct she would be immune to Haley's Sneak Attack and Celia's lightning which would more than make up for her low intelligence, thus making her a better adversary for Haley. Plus it would make sense in the story too, kill someone, take their money to the Thief's guild, take their body too Grubwiggler.

Warlord JK
2008-11-16, 01:46 AM
Amazing how people can even find logical proof for the most outlandish theories. Anyway, Crystal is the type of person you expect to have a negative intelligence score. Seriously, who throws pickles and believes in Dill Resistance?

Scion_of_Darkness
2008-11-16, 03:41 AM
Meh. I am tired and I have a cold so if I take something at face value sue me.

Tholok Razescar
2008-11-16, 06:16 AM
Amazing how people can even find logical proof for the most outlandish theories. Anyway, Crystal is the type of person you expect to have a negative intelligence score. Seriously, who throws pickles and believes in Dill Resistance?

The kind of person that still dares to dream.
*takes off hat and holds at chest*
Godspeed, Crystal. Godspeed.

hamishspence
2008-11-16, 06:22 AM
the last time I saw similar haircut on TV was Edmund Duke of Edinburgh, AKA The Black Adder.

I wonder if the words from Crystal when she came up with the pickle scheme were: "I have a cunning plan."

Linkavitch
2008-11-16, 05:12 PM
I've seen plenty of people with that kinda haircut before. It's just a haircut.

wotsnow
2008-11-17, 07:27 PM
Although being a flesh golem could explain her lack of int, Crystal is able to speak while flesh golems cannot speak. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/golem.htm) In the event a flesh golem does speak, the Grubwiggler golem creation center urges you to disregard its advice :smallbiggrin:

lol@portal reference.

Assassin89
2008-11-17, 07:31 PM
lol@portal reference.

Everyone love pop culture references, and I have been waiting someone to make this particular comment.
Now you can have cake (another portal reference)

Mariel Dragon
2008-11-19, 03:49 PM
New Comic shows even more of Crystals Head. I won't give up. I am sure she is a fleshgolem.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-19, 04:06 PM
New Comic shows even more of Crystals Head. I won't give up. I am sure she is a fleshgolem.

Sigh, let me add it to the list...
Belkar is good aligned.
V is a Drow in disguise.
Redcloak is not evil.
TMITD is a bugbear.
Miko's attitude is right.
The trees really are out to get Durkon.
The Oracle is really Xykon.
Elan is a member of the Deegan clan from Dominic Deegan
Roy will realise that his father is right and take a level in wizard, thus being able to beat Xykon.
Haley is an angel with amnesia.
Banjo is the Chessmaster behind everything.
Belkar will become a lich.
Belkar will become a woman.
TMITD is a gazebo.
Roy will never come back.
Crystal is a flesh golem.

Texas Jedi
2008-11-19, 04:44 PM
Sigh, let me add it to the list...
Belkar is good aligned.
V is a Drow in disguise.
Redcloak is not evil.
TMITD is a bugbear.
Miko's attitude is right.
The trees really are out to get Durkon.
The Oracle is really Xykon.
Elan is a member of the Deegan clan from Dominic Deegan
Roy will realise that his father is right and take a level in wizard, thus being able to beat Xykon.
Haley is an angel with amnesia.
Banjo is the Chessmaster behind everything.
Belkar will become a lich.
Belkar will become a woman.
TMITD is a gazebo.
Roy will never come back.
Crystal is a flesh golem.

You forgot to add
17. Girard Draketooth is Haley and Elan's son warped back from the future.
18. Girard Draketooth is Haley or Elan's Grandfather.
19. Right Eye's Daughter has grown up and and teach her uncle to love and betray Xykon
20. TMITD will betray and kill Xykon to set O-Chul free.
[Edit] 21. Elan's dad has Haley's father held for ransom.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-19, 04:59 PM
[Edit] 21. Elan's dad has Haley's father held for ransom.

This is not one of the crazy theories. Just a bit out there.

Scion_of_Darkness
2008-11-19, 06:21 PM
21. Elan's dad has Haley's father held for ransom.

This could lead to a great scene! Elan's dad, Haley's dad, and then Roy's father has to manifest for no reason whatsoever.

harrydresden
2008-11-19, 06:52 PM
You guys are wrong... the trees really are out to get Durkon... :smalleek:

Sinewmire
2008-11-19, 11:00 PM
21. Elan's dad has Haley's father held for ransom.
Erm, isn't that almost certainly the case, rather than a crazy idea?

If Crystal was a flesh golem, her hair would not have grown, nor would she have aged in the last ten years(approx) since we saw her at 19.

Assassin89
2008-11-19, 11:09 PM
Erm, isn't that almost certainly the case, rather than a crazy idea?

If Crystal was a flesh golem, her hair would not have grown, nor would she have aged in the last ten years(approx) since we saw her at 19.

Hair does grow after death, but I doubt a body can age aside from decomposing.

KurenaiYami
2008-11-20, 02:02 AM

Hey, I'm from the award committee, here to give you your prize for winning the Crazy-Monkey Powered-Theory of the Hour Award. Somebody should have contacted you about my arrival.

*Pulls out damp kipper.*

I'm kind of new at this, so if you could hold still for me, it would really help.

Samurai Jill
2008-11-20, 02:04 AM
*claps*
...Carry on.

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-20, 05:02 AM
Hair does grow after death, but I doubt a body can age aside from decomposing.

No it doesn't. The appearance of hair (and nail) growth after death is just an illusion caused by the shrinking and retraction of the soft tissues around the nails and hair from dehydration of the corpse.
Carry on.

Monzach
2008-11-20, 05:37 AM
Hi, new guy here. :smallbiggrin:

Well, my two cents' worth would be that although she looks like a punk assassin babe, Crystal is really just a medieval tomboy...hence the puddingbowl haircut, the lousy attitude...and the atrocious INT. :smallwink: