PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory V Theory (There may be spoilers)

DragoonKain
2008-11-15, 10:35 AM
V's behavior has been increasingly erratic, as we all know. I'm not so sure it's just because of his/her obsessive compulsive nature, either.

I'm theorizing V cast Geas on s/himself to ensure that Haley'd be found. Everything s/he seems have been doing so far is either finding a way to find Haley, or getting whatever's in their way OUT of the way so s/he can go back to finding Haley, which is consistent with some interpretations of Geas.

Might also explain why s/he hasn't tranced in so long, too.

Hoplite
2008-11-15, 10:39 AM
Casting a spell on yourself seems rather irrational and doesn't hem him in any way as he already was determined to find Haley at all cost. I do however think it is more likely that SOMEONE ELSE has cast geas on him so that he may find Haley....

Flame of Anor
2008-11-15, 07:50 PM
Like who? Durkon? Doesn't seem the type, I'd say.

Kaytara
2008-11-15, 07:54 PM
Casting a spell on yourself seems rather irrational and doesn't hem him in any way as he already was determined to find Haley at all cost. I do however think it is more likely that SOMEONE ELSE has cast geas on him so that he may find Haley....

I agree. V would need to have already abandoned all common sense to cast something so senseless. The purpose of a geas is to bend someone's will so it's useless to cast it on yourself to force yourself to do something you already want to accomplish with all your heart. It doesn't make you any more effective.

Warlord JK
2008-11-16, 07:13 PM
It's a plausible theory, except that it would probably be someone who wants to get V out of his/her way. It is however more likely that have suffers from some obscure disorder or is just incredibly single-track minded.

David Argall
2008-11-16, 10:33 PM
SoD Well, we do have Eugene in effect geasing himself, so it is not impossible by strip logic anyway. However, there doesn't seem to be any real need.
V is showing plenty of eagerness, making the Geas a waste, and his behavior is not that of somebody bothered by a Geas.

Now if you want to insist there is a Geas on V, you should have it the reverse. Somebody has Geased V not to find Haley, and he is resisting, and taking the damage we see.

Warlord JK
2008-11-16, 10:55 PM
SoD Well, we do have Eugene in effect geasing himself, so it is not impossible by strip logic anyway. However, there doesn't seem to be any real need.
V is showing plenty of eagerness, making the Geas a waste, and his behavior is not that of somebody bothered by a Geas.

Now if you want to insist there is a Geas on V, you should have it the reverse. Somebody has Geased V not to find Haley, and he is resisting, and taking the damage we see.

My thoughts exactly, only slightly expanded upon :smallwink:.

Optimystik
2008-11-17, 01:27 AM
Possible, but not plausible. Who would have been in a position to bespell V, and for what reason? There's no motive or opportunity. For Rich to come out with a comic and say "oh by the way, V got hit with a mind-affecting enchantment sometime while Roy was on the mountain and nobody knew about it," would be quite a leap given all the successful foreshadowing he's been pulling off thus far.

V's obsession is quite mundane, and is the result of two forces:

The desire to atone for his shortcomings during the battle that left him helpless before the death knight (and allowed Haley to be captured);
The need to bring back Roy and obtain the location of Girard's gate from him.

V himself lists these two motivations in #504 and #505.

David Argall
2008-11-17, 03:06 AM
Such is our presumption. But if there is a geas on V for obscure reason, the OP idea seems inferior.