PDA

View Full Version : [Contest] Fax Celestis' Largely Unofficial Huge Design Contest: II. Fires of Passion

Fax Celestis
2008-11-15, 12:47 PM
The Fires of Passion Contest

"Passion is the fire that burns from a heart in love." - Anonymous

This contest is to describe and design a relationship--lovers, enemies, rivals. However, there is a catch: the relationship, at its core, must be based upon a foundation of love--whether it is a set of opponents paired against each other due to a lost love, or a set of forbidden lovers is immaterial, just as long as love and passion are fundamental to your creation.

The contest begins with the posting of this thread and will continue until Noon, December 1st25th, 2008 (Pacific US Time). Please remember, as always, to follow the general contest guidelines. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=16&a=19)

The Rules:
1. You will be creating the major players of a relationships, some treasure, a means for the players to interact with or solve the relationship, and the results of this relationship--whether this is a special feat, magical power, a Prestige Class, or merely the start of something grander.

2. Your entry must include the following:
A description of the relationship (relevant creatures, history, etc.)
A description of some valuable treasure possessed by the creatures involved (with stats, if appropriate).
A description of some means of interacting with the relationship (with stats, if appropriate).
A description of the results of this relationship (with stats, if appropriate).
Entries should be set in the standard 3.5e system and D&D cosmology, and not any particular setting (e.g. Forgotten Realms or Eberron.) Try to avoid referencing non-core/SRD books where possible, but obviously, this contest may require some reference to non-core material.
Each new entry should be started on a new thread here on the Homebrew board. Put the tag [Fires of Passion] in front of the title of that thread. Any thread without this tag will not be officially entered.
Post on this thread to let me know that you have completed your [Fires of Passion] entry. I'll try to keep a post with all the entries listed in one place for easy reference.

Categories of voting and judgment will include the following:
Best Overall
Best Relationship
Best Treasure
Best History
Best Interaction

Also, the Judge's Favorite award will be handed out by myself for the entry I like the most. Everyone is eligible for every award--there is no need to indicate anything.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them to this thread. Good luck!

Deathslayer7
2008-11-15, 03:25 PM
Why did i have to look here while I'm doing physics hw. :smalleek:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-18, 11:38 PM
bump i guess. :smallsmile:

Magnor Criol
2008-11-21, 11:19 PM
Clarification request: to the involved parties have to love another being, or can it be a love of something that relates them?

Fax Celestis
2008-11-22, 01:00 PM
Clarification request: to the involved parties have to love another being, or can it be a love of something that relates them?

Either is okay.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-25, 09:59 PM
I doubt I will finish in time by Dec. 1st, espcially with Thanksgiving and study week coming up. Any chance we can move it back or no?

Fax Celestis
2008-11-25, 11:35 PM
I doubt I will finish in time by Dec. 1st, espcially with Thanksgiving and study week coming up. Any chance we can move it back or no?

Good idea. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DEC. 25TH.