PDA

View Full Version : Playground Prom: The Review

Felixaar
2008-11-15, 08:31 PM
Playground Prom '08
The Review

So with the main event over, I'd like some opinions on how Prom went if you don't mind - because while we all had a lot of fun, its no secret (or maybe it is) thar Prom also created some unnecesssary dramas.

So... what did you like about Prom?
What could be improved?
Do you think we should do it again next year?

All thoughts appreciated.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-15, 08:33 PM
it practically became a GLoG or AMEN plot i think. Although i had some fault in that. :smalltongue:

Nevitan
2008-11-15, 08:34 PM
Seems like it should of lasted longer to me, and that It would of been better with more people, but maybe that's just me. :smallconfused:

Madmal
2008-11-15, 08:35 PM
well, i rarely got to be with my date, but i mostly blame college work for that.

TheCountAlucard
2008-11-15, 08:38 PM
So... what did you like about Prom? Err, it was awesome. There was music and dancing and avatars...

What could be improved? Less deadtime all 'round? But that'd be pretty hard to do...

Do you think we should do it again next year? Laws, yes! "M-O-O-N," that spells "Repetition!" :smallbiggrin:

Felixaar
2008-11-15, 08:39 PM
Laws, yes! "M-O-O-N," that spells "Repetition!" :smallbiggrin:

...*HUGS!*

*for The Stand reference, obviously*

happyturtle
2008-11-15, 08:46 PM
1. Too long between initial idea and the event. A lot of the organizing went to waste, as bands never really materialized.

2. Having 'dates' didn't really work because of time zones, and because of the boy/girl imbalance. I think next time, let people arrange for dates if they like, but don't make it 'official' by having the prom organizers record it anywhere.

3. I hope my evil rampage didn't spoil anyone's fun. :smallredface:

4. But mostly I LOVED IT!!!! :smallbiggrin: Do it next year! And by 'next year', I mean 'January'

Ego Slayer
2008-11-15, 08:51 PM
RL ate Ego.

It was horrible. There should be moar Ego next time.

:frown:

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 08:51 PM
No, don't do it again. Characters meeting players was catastrophic, in my view, the complete failure of "dates" was a huge disappointment, and it became dominated by those people who have a multitude of teeny tiny posts.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 08:52 PM
RL ate Ego.

Indeed. You can never have too much Ego after all.

TheCountAlucard
2008-11-15, 08:54 PM
RL ate Ego.

I was wondering why I didn't get to dance with Ego... :smalltongue:

Nevitan
2008-11-15, 08:54 PM
I was wondering why I didn't get to dance with Ego... :smalltongue:

your both online, and the after party is still going.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-15, 08:57 PM
just because it is the after party doesnt mean you cant dance.

Music! I demand music!

V: not here, in the after party! :smallannoyed:

happyturtle
2008-11-15, 09:01 PM
Music! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuB8xWeA59I) :smallsmile:

PhoeKun
2008-11-15, 09:06 PM
My thoughts are that I'm disappointed I didn't get to go. But my prom date never got herself ready, and I promised I wouldn't go without her, so...

Next time, maybe. But I heard from some people it wasn't as fun as maybe it should have been. Precisely because it did spiral into an AMEN/acronymn/Town/other-preexisting thingamajig.

Which is not fun for everyone, I will tell you.

Thufir
2008-11-15, 09:22 PM
I think it would be best if people stuck to being themselves, rather than being their characters. Less murderous rampages that way. Though I assumed anyone not wanting to get involved with such chaos could just act like it wasn't happening.

Would have been better with more people. And less deadtime also, maybe, so scheduling it during school/university holidays could be an idea. And at a weekend for the benefit of people with jobs.

Copacetic
2008-11-15, 09:31 PM
Yeah, skip full moon. Go for The Weekend. And Less Characters, more people. people know stuff about people. People now less about other peoples characters.

Dates kinda flopped as well.

FdL
2008-11-15, 09:49 PM
I agree with Thufir, at least for me it would be more fun if it was more "realistic". But then again, I'm a stranger to The Town and acronym groups and stuff.

Also it's hard to be simultaneously online with people with whom you want to interact. Mostly date, but also others.

So it should be longer I think, a week. If the date was choosen because of the full moon, I'd say it shouldn't be a factor really.

In all it was fun, though I didn't get to participate much. I'm glad I did though ^^

happyturtle
2008-11-15, 09:51 PM
Yeah, but if we were ourselves, I'd be the middle aged married woman who's too shy to talk to strangers and feels awkward and insecure at parties. :smalltongue:

FdL
2008-11-15, 10:05 PM
Yeah, but if we were ourselves, I'd be the middle aged married woman who's too shy to talk to strangers and feels awkward and insecure at parties. :smalltongue:

Nah, there's a difference between playing a realistic, idealized character of yourself and making it totally fantastic.
Well, I'd have hair and I'd be handsome :p (granted, that might be considered the same as having unicorns on the dancefloor by some XD)

Edit: Also, I'd dance with you even so, Turtle.

Zeful
2008-11-15, 10:06 PM
So? I'm a young man who's too incesure to talk to people, didn't stop me from being as close to me as I was (me with magic in any case).

It was nice, but I lost two hours 'cause my brother was eating the bandwith with WoW.

DraPrime
2008-11-15, 10:24 PM
I see a big flaw. It was schedualed at a time that forced me to break my promise stating that I would come back for that one event. :smalltongue:

No, I am not back. Do not try to keep me here through the use of rope, nails, staples, duct tape, glue, or rope. It's been tried before and it won't work.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-15, 10:24 PM
*hugs* :smallsmile:

Madmal
2008-11-15, 10:27 PM
I see a big flaw. It was schedualed at a time that forced me to break my promise stating that I would come back for that one event. :smalltongue:

No, I am not back. Do not try to keep me here through the use of rope, nails, staples, duct tape, glue, or rope. It's been tried before and it won't work.

meh, you'll be back anyway

zeratul
2008-11-15, 10:29 PM

You know for someone who supposedly left you sure do post a lot bud :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2008-11-15, 10:34 PM
You know for someone who supposedly left you sure do post a lot bud :smalltongue:

The Halford wannabe kindly requests that the Dave Mustaine wannabe shut up :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-15, 10:37 PM
*whacks with broom*

No bad language! :smallannoyed:

blackfox
2008-11-15, 10:42 PM
Would have been nice if it was longer, I guess, and if there was more dancing and less trying-to-murder-each-other (Yeah, I know it's Town, whatever. :smalltongue:)

DraPrime
2008-11-15, 10:43 PM
*whacks with broom*

No bad language! :smallannoyed:

Kurwa, znowu mnie bijesz?

happyturtle
2008-11-15, 10:50 PM
Dragonprime! *glomps* *makes out with*

Deathslayer7
2008-11-15, 10:52 PM
Kurwa, znowu mnie bijesz?

*whacks even harder*

I said no bad language.... and tak.

DraPrime
2008-11-15, 11:05 PM
Dragonprime! *glomps* *makes out with*

This people, is how you get me to stay. Not with nails or anything like that.

@deathslayer: STOP HITTING ME WITH THAT MOTHER****ING BROOM! :smallfurious:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-15, 11:09 PM
This people, is how you get me to stay. Not with nails or anything like that.

@deathslayer: STOP HITTING ME WITH THAT MOTHER****ING BROOM! :smallfurious:

really!? because i always thought the broom whacking was effective enough. :smallamused:

Coupled with hugs of course.

*hugs again*

Felixaar
2008-11-15, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I wasn't wanting Town characters involved either, which is ofcourse why Prom was originally hosted in FB...

FdL
2008-11-15, 11:14 PM
Would have been nice if it was longer, I guess, and if there was more dancing and less trying-to-murder-each-other (Yeah, I know it's Town, whatever. :smalltongue:)

See, when I joined this I didn't know it would actually be the Town. I don't know if it was planned like that, but see, I feel that could be the reason why I didn't get so much into it. I'm not a "towner" and I didn't think it'd be part of that *shrugs*

Edit: I was ninja'd by Felixaar

Deathslayer7
2008-11-15, 11:15 PM
I'm not much of a towner either, but i enjoyed it. :smallsmile:

DraPrime
2008-11-15, 11:27 PM
really!? because i always thought the broom whacking was effective enough. :smallamused:

Coupled with hugs of course.

*hugs again*

Get off me. Now then, back to not posting here.

*heads over to the metallica forums*

Coidzor
2008-11-15, 11:32 PM
I didn't participate but that was surprisingly swift. This forum....impressive.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-11-15, 11:40 PM
It was a really bad time :smalltongue: I had/still have exams, and feel like I've been hit with a flamethrower (burnt out), so I didn't post much, and then only for a few mins. Looked fun though.

We should have a Chrissy Party. More likely that then there will be lots of people free from school/uni/college/maybe even from work.

I mean, I didn't get to sleigh you all with my wonderful karaoke skills! (Don't fear the Reaper in case you were wondering:smallwink:)

TRM
2008-11-15, 11:58 PM
I was a little disappointed. There was a lot of hype and planning, which promptly fell apart when the event actually started. I was also unhappy because me and my date never managed to be on at the same time (I blame myself) so I never really got involved.

The sheer volume of posts also ruined my fun. I would check the thread once, looking for Mauve Shirt, and come back three hours later to find 15 extra pages of posts that I couldn't sift through; consequently, I wasn't really able to get involved with anyone not my date either—which sucked.

I liked the idea, and I think we should try it again next year, but the time zones and down time need to be sorted out—especially because it only lasted three days.

Also:

Congratulations! You're the Prom King!
Do I get a trophy or something? :smalltongue:

Or was I not supposed to talk about that?

happyturtle
2008-11-16, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I wasn't wanting Town characters involved either, which is ofcourse why Prom was originally hosted in FB...

Oh....

See the whole 'roleplaying your avatar' thing is exactly what we do in Town...

So if that's not what you want to happen next time, then you'll want to find a different way to explain it.

Or, you know, just say 'Don't bring your characters'.

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-16, 02:00 AM
I was a little disappointed. There was a lot of hype and planning, which promptly fell apart when the event actually started. I was also unhappy because me and my date never managed to be on at the same time (I blame myself) so I never really got involved.

The sheer volume of posts also ruined my fun. I would check the thread once, looking for Mauve Shirt, and come back three hours later to find 15 extra pages of posts that I couldn't sift through; consequently, I wasn't really able to get involved with anyone not my date either—which sucked.

I liked the idea, and I think we should try it again next year, but the time zones and down time need to be sorted out—especially because it only lasted three days.

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well for me too. :smalltongue:

Alleine
2008-11-16, 03:07 AM
I liked it, I had fun. Although I think the only thing I did that was remotely prom-like was drink some punch. From the constant people popping in and out looking for dates, I gather that wasn't exactly the best idea and people were unhappy. The whole fight thing that went on kinda confused me, and other people seem upset with that as well so I really think next time it should be explicitly no characters.

Krytha
2008-11-16, 03:15 AM
Was the prom thread proper deleted?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-16, 04:39 AM
1 I really liked it.
2 RL sucked it up for most of me.
3 I really enjoyed my time with Gem, my date, but I didn't get to dance with anybody else, which is very awkward as I remember that several ladies said they'd wanted to before prom.....
*flees while being shot in the back while wearing bulletproof vest*

happyturtle
2008-11-16, 04:45 AM
*pokes*

There's dancing in the afterparty, my dear DD. :smallamused:

Mordokai
2008-11-16, 04:50 AM
Lets see...

My date didn't make it. She's not to be blamed for this, it was my fault in any case. I didn't collect any of my three promised dances from the ladies that promised them to me. I don't begrudge it to them, it was, once again, my fault. So, it's not really that I had a bad time... it's more that I didn't have fun as well.

The first thread got filled up to 24 pages, in 12 hours, if I calculated correctly. That's two pages per hour. Much too fast for my liking. Even when I'm awake to actually read everything, much less when I sleep at the time and awake to full 24 pages to catch up. Sorry, but I have more fun things to do with my time. It didn't move much slower in subsequent days.

Second, roleplaying your avatars. I have no problems with that, hell, I'm guilty as charged. But if you're going to do that... roleplay! What I've seen in many cases was more of a massive IM chat, rather than roleplaying. Or rather, people were roleplaying like they were IMing. At least I saw quite few of them doing so. There were oh so many post with one line, I even saw few with just one word. Sorry, to me that doesn't really constitute as roleplaying. If it's fun for you, by all means, do it. But lets be honest about it. Is it any wonder that everything went by so fast? If we're going to roleplay, lets put some work into it. It is so much more fun, for me at least, to write a good long post, putting some work into it. I'll much rather read such post later on. Maybe I'm a little pessimistic because I had roleplaying partners in the past that really went out there and put a great deal of effort into their roleplaying and when I see something like this... well, it just puts me down a little. First day, when me and Calamity had a dance, I had to quote every single one of his posts, so it would be evident to who I'm replying. If I didn't, there were ten or more posts between ours and it looked weird. Sometimes it even moved to all new page. Needless to say, I don't like doing that. To make long story short, more roleplaying, less IMing.

AMEN and GloG... never being in any of them, I won't judge. I did see quite a lot of very inside jokes that I didn't catch, but it honestly didn't bother me much. I simply ignored it. Maybe it's rude of me, but if I don't get it, it doesn't concern me. It doesn't come much of a surprise, seeing that Town hosted Prom and both groups are pretty much indigenous there and there were so many of their members on the prom. At the same time, that would explain why outsiders didn't have as much fun. They just didn't catch on, perhaps felt a little left out. Yes, you can feel like that, even if it's only a virtual prom.

Looking and reading everything back... I see that I pretty much spit on the whole prom thing. That wasn't my intention. But I stand my ground that honesty is the best policy on the long run. Only by hearing honest opinions we can improve ourselves and make everything better. So, what would my suggestions for next prom be, if there's indeed going to be next prom? Like many have already said it, make it longer. Perhaps even a week wouldn't be too much. And... that's about it. You can't force any limitations on the participants of the prom. Whichever limitation you will force upon them, it will backfire right back in your face, sooner or later. I guess people who had fun this time will join the next prom as well, while those that didn't, won't. It's as simple as that and the best course on the long run. I know if we have another prom and it will be like this one, I personally won't be joining.

And once again, I appologize if my honesty insulted anybody.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-16, 04:56 AM
Lets see...

My date didn't make it. She's not to be blamed for this, it was my fault in any case. I didn't collect any of my three promised dances from the ladies that promised them to me. I don't begrudge it to them, it was, once again, my fault. So, it's not really that I had a bad time... it's more that I didn't have fun as well.

The first thread got filled up to 24 pages, in 12 hours, if I calculated correctly. That's two pages per hour. Much too fast for my liking. Even when I'm awake to actually read everything, much less when I sleep at the time and awake to full 24 pages to catch up. Sorry, but I have more fun things to do with my time. It didn't move much slower in subsequent days.

Second, roleplaying your avatars. I have no problems with that, hell, I'm guilty as charged. But if you're going to do that... roleplay! What I've seen in many cases was more of a massive IM chat, rather than roleplaying. Or rather, people were roleplaying like they were IMing. At least I saw quite few of them doing so. There were oh so many post with one line, I even saw few with just one word. Sorry, to me that doesn't really constitute as roleplaying. If it's fun for you, by all means, do it. But lets be honest about it. Is it any wonder that everything went by so fast? If we're going to roleplay, lets put some work into it. It is so much more fun, for me at least, to write a good long post, putting some work into it. I'll much rather read such post later on. Maybe I'm a little pessimistic because I had roleplaying partners in the past that really went out there and put a great deal of effort into their roleplaying and when I see something like this... well, it just puts me down a little. First day, when me and Calamity had a dance, I had to quote every single one of his posts, so it would be evident to who I'm replying. If I didn't, there were ten or more posts between ours and it looked weird. Sometimes it even moved to all new page. Needless to say, I don't like doing that. To make long story short, more roleplaying, less IMing.

AMEN and GloG... never being in any of them, I won't judge. I did see quite a lot of very inside jokes that I didn't catch, but it honestly didn't bother me much. I simply ignored it. Maybe it's rude of me, but if I don't get it, it doesn't concern me. It doesn't come much of a surprise, seeing that Town hosted Prom and both groups are pretty much indigenous there and there were so many of their members on the prom. At the same time, that would explain why outsiders didn't have as much fun. They just didn't catch on, perhaps felt a little left out. Yes, you can feel like that, even if it's only a virtual prom.

Looking and reading everything back... I see that I pretty much spit on the whole prom thing. That wasn't my intention. But I stand my ground that honesty is the best policy on the long run. Only by hearing honest opinions we can improve ourselves and make everything better. So, what would my suggestions for next prom be, if there's indeed going to be next prom? Like many have already said it, make it longer. Perhaps even a week wouldn't be too much. And... that's about it. You can't force any limitations on the participants of the prom. Whichever limitation you will force upon them, it will backfire right back in your face, sooner or later. I guess people who had fun this time will join the next prom as well, while those that didn't, won't. It's as simple as that and the best course on the long run. I know if we have another prom and it will be like this one, I personally won't be joining.

And once again, I appologize if my honesty insulted anybody.
Partially seconded, even if my date was from GloG.
But I couldn't make long posts because it would get sucked up.

Quincunx
2008-11-16, 05:03 AM
Long posts conflict with the ironclad NO GODMODDING rule. Certainly it takes time to develop the skill to write paragraphs without moving other characters too much, but we have to be willing to take some motion from other people, if we write long posts. If someone is firing crossbow bolts from a catapult, I expect to get hit; he can write that, I can react (counter-poking myself). I didn't have any luck with popping in to post for just an hour, and often that's what I had*. With the rapid-fire short posts, that is not enough real time to spin out a scene. The short posts were very lively and I enjoyed the banter, and I certainly read everything, but I had to post first, then read back a bit, then weave a thread of the old plot into a new short post or hit the edit button.

Lots of people bailed pre-prom but that wasn't the fault of the planning, nor was the very low number of prom couples anywhere near the same time zones. People danced with people and all was well. A No Hostilities, No Hostile Personae rule would be good**. A No Personae at All rule would be bad. The long lead time was good for avatarists and quinsar gets a special cookie*** for single-handedly supplying over half the attendees. While bring-your-own music worked well enough, I still wanted a timed set list, put up a week before prom so the bands didn't have time to bail.

*Whose bright idea it was to schedule a Solteris raid for Saturday, I know not. That was meant to be a free evening.

**Enforcing No Killjoys would be problematic, but people eventually figured out to ignore the killjoy.

***Iced gingerbread. Not one of those musty mall cookies either.

[EDIT: PhoeKun wrote the generalities below. I have the specifics above, in the first paragraph. It's about having the confidence to nudge other people in your posts and to be more gracious about other people's nudges than just screaming "do-over!". My avatar, she did not start life nekkid. That was written for her.]

PhoeKun
2008-11-16, 05:16 AM
It doesn't have to be a long post, but a post with meaningful content that can engage and involve the others present without being rapidfire, nigh contentless *actions!* really isn't too much to ask for. We're all smart people, we know how to write. The matter now is a question of quality over quantity. Hold yourselves to a higher standard of RP, folks. Yes, you will post less. But that's a good thing.

Rapid posting only serves to push more people away. Some won't have the time to sift through all the threadsplosions when they have to go away for a bit. Others will lose their plotlines in the chaos. Still others will be intimidated by the rapid rate of posting, and not join at all (Random Banter used to have this problem, massively). If you think your fun is going to be cut into by slowing down your posting rate, I would beg you to reconsider that line of thought, both for yourself and for others. A second prom is not going to work out if it happens the same way this one did. Well, not unless you just want it to be part of the Town. I don't think that's the point.

I have another point to make about the precises nature of a lot of the RP I read, but I really don't want to lecture everyone too much, so I'll save that for another time.

happyturtle
2008-11-16, 05:30 AM
Maybe there should be a Town Prom for the roleplayers and a Playground prom for the non-roleplayers?

Not at the same time. That would be silly.

Or maybe Town just needs a permanent ballroom thread.

Mordokai
2008-11-16, 05:32 AM
Oh, I believe I never said that, but it should totally be said now, while still the chance for it.

Turtle? Your avatar is totally hot!

happyturtle
2008-11-16, 05:38 AM
:redface:

Thank you, my dear paladin.

You know, it's not to late to make an appearance at the afterparty (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96764) if you'd still like that dance. :smallwink:

turkishproverb
2008-11-16, 05:39 AM
Careful. Depending on her mood, associating with her could make you fall.

Mordokai
2008-11-16, 05:46 AM
:redface:

Thank you, my dear paladin.

You know, it's not to late to make an appearance at the afterparty (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96764) if you'd still like that dance. :smallwink:

Thanks, I probably will. But right now, I won't, seeing I'd have to deadtime in less then ten minutes and that isn't good enough even for a warm up dance :smallwink:

PhoeKun
2008-11-16, 05:49 AM
Maybe there should be a Town Prom for the roleplayers and a Playground prom for the non-roleplayers?

Not at the same time. That would be silly.

Or maybe Town just needs a permanent ballroom thread.

No, it's not RP vs non-RP. RP is not the problem. The issue here is style and content. By all means, role play. Town prom and non-Town prom? Could be a solution. RP/non-RP? Why are we having the second prom in the first place?

It doesn't do a lick of good to set the boundaries like that - it's far too superior/inferior. =/

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-11-16, 05:53 AM
Careful. Depending on her mood, associating with her could make you fall.

Now now, just because someone accidentally trips people up while dancing with them, there is no need to point it out. :smalltongue:

Ethrael
2008-11-16, 06:01 AM
Yeah I agree that the bringing in of characters turned it into a HALO/AMEN/GloG/NO and whatnot crossover. Next time, I say it's a player only Prom.

And turtle, I'm agreeing with Mordy here a lot!

@V You're back! Or maybe I'm back, whatever the reason is, I haven't seen in u in a long time! Celebrate! :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-16, 06:04 AM
Yeah I agree that the bringing in of characters turned it into a HALO/AMEN/GloG/NO and whatnot crossover. Next time, I say it's a player only Prom.
Meh, it's all a pretty big mix for me, unless I specifically RP certain roles in Structured games.

happyturtle
2008-11-16, 06:20 AM
Probably a poor choice of words on my part. I mean roleplaying-as-yourself vs. roleplaying-as-character.

There were people who wanted the prom to be playgrounders rather than us roleplaying adventurers (shapeshifters/ cyborgs/ vampires etc). And there's nothing wrong with that. It's not a superiority/inferiority thing, it's just different preferences.

I'm pretty sure that the forums rules say that if you start a thread, you can set the rules within that thread, so there's no problem if you set the expectations at the start. Most of us, I think, can be trusted to comply with them. The problem was that we were told all along in the discussion thread that we were roleplaying our avatars, and so we did. Please don't get angry at us for breaking expectations that were never spelled out! :smallfrown:

Serpentine
2008-11-16, 06:41 AM
But I like being Serpentine... :smallfrown: How about "no AMEN/HALO/whatever crossover/out-of-thread baggage allowed" or something like that?

I thought it was a lot of fun, and I'm disappointed I only put in a couple of posts.

Thufir
2008-11-16, 06:59 AM
Avatar != Character. Turtle, your avatar there is an attractive woman in a dress with a mask. The shapeshifting barbarian aspect is part of the character. I suppose the real point would be no character-baggage, as Serpentine said, and no class abilities. Any special abilities used should be more amusing and less pitched-battle-y.

Leigh
2008-11-16, 07:04 AM
I enjoyed it! Could've lasted longer, but meh.

happyturtle
2008-11-16, 07:09 AM
Avatar != Character. Turtle, your avatar there is an attractive woman in a dress with a mask. The shapeshifting barbarian aspect is part of the character. I suppose the real point would be no character-baggage, as Serpentine said, and no class abilities. Any special abilities used should be more amusing and less pitched-battle-y.

I won't express an opinion on what the guidelines should be. I'm just saying that they need to be made clear up front rather than getting annoyed after the fact.

Mordokai
2008-11-16, 07:16 AM
I won't express an opinion on what the guidelines should be. I'm just saying that they need to be made clear up front rather than getting annoyed after the fact.

I will agree with happy on this one. Perhaps making a few guidelines for next time would make everything better? But like I said, too many rules = bad. And I think Playground(Town especially) it a little too chaotic to be regulated :smalltongue:

Castaras
2008-11-16, 07:20 AM
But like I said, too many rules = bad.

I won't list examples of perfectly good things in the playground that have had this problem occur. But yes, I concur completely with this particular statement.

dish
2008-11-16, 09:24 AM
I enjoyed myself.
I have never been in The Town before, but I found it to be a nice non-intimidating introduction, and I was able to interact with some new Playgrounders as well.
My date went out of his way to make sure that we were online together at least twice (and since we live on opposite sides of the globe and both work full-time, that was pretty impressive).
I didn't try to read up on everything before jumping in. Instead I just checked the last two pages each time to try to get a grip on what was going on.
None of the character role-playing as opposed to personal role-playing bothered me. It's a gitp prom, so I was expecting duels, murderous rampages and ten-foot-tall puppies. However, I will say that due to my time-zone I did miss the worst of the carnage.

Felixaar: if you want to separate it from the Town, I suggest you communicate more directly with the mods before the next one. Explain explicity why you want it in RB, and they'll probably be merciful.

TRM
2008-11-16, 09:44 AM
I agree with happyturtle here. If we're going to get annoyed at the Townies for playing as their characters, we should first be sure that made it abundantly clear that they shouldn't play as their characters so that we can be filled with righteous indignation instead of just being vaguely rude.

But I'll go further than happyturtle and express an opinion on what the guidelines should be. I think for next year we should have it players only; role-playing not as our avatars, but as how we think of ourselves on GITP, not exactly you—but not a separate character either. Does that make sense?
I suspect that this would make it more pleasant for non-Townies to integrate with the Prom. The reason I was frustrated with the Town plots for taking over the Prom is that the Townies already have someplace to do this kind of thing, but as someone not from the Town this prom was the only one I had; and when it became part of the Town, I became more alienated.

FireFox
2008-11-16, 11:04 AM
I agree with happyturtle here. If we're going to get annoyed at the Townies for playing as their characters, we should first be sure that made it abundantly clear that they shouldn't play as their characters so that we can be filled with righteous indignation instead of just being vaguely rude.

But I'll go further than happyturtle and express an opinion on what the guidelines should be. I think for next year we should have it players only; role-playing not as our avatars, but as how we think of ourselves on GITP, not exactly you—but not a separate character either. Does that make sense?
I suspect that this would make it more pleasant for non-Townies to integrate with the Prom. The reason I was frustrated with the Town plots for taking over the Prom is that the Townies already have someplace to do this kind of thing, but as someone not from the Town this prom was the only one I had; and when it became part of the Town, I became more alienated.

If I may ask a favor, please be aware of the distinction. The Townies, for the most part, went as themselves, their players. Beholder1995, Leigh, Doran, Lupy, quinsar, Moofin Bard, and myself did not use our characters, and we are really the ones who call ourselves Townies. The people you are refering to are more of the Acronym organization members. True, they do make some posts in Town outside ofthe organization threads, but they only do it in very few places with very few people and for the most part do not attempt to interact with the rest of us Townies. I know this is just because you don't know any better, but I am somewhat annoyed at your usage of "Townies". But really, just keep that in mind for the future, the people who spend the most time on the Town did not bring their characters ortheir plots to the Prom, that would be the GLOGers and the AMENers and all the other organization members. Now, I know that all of their threads are in the Town, but they as they really don't interact with the rest of the Townies, I just request that you do not group us with them. Thank you. :smallsmile:

Uh, sorry to be so pedantic, but... anyhow, my impression of the Prom is that it seemed to be rather great... There were a few things that I didn't like,but they have been addressed here already.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-16, 12:20 PM
Excuse me if I come across as possibly a bit rude in this post, but I'd like to present my view of all of this, that of one of the Acronym people who apparently ruined everything for everyone else, and clarify a few things.

Really short, two-second posts with little content to them, those were mostly done by the Townies, Beholder1995, Leigh, Doran, Lupy, quinsar, Moofin Bard, and FireFox. People who, as FireFox said, mostly went as their players.

Myself, Happy, RHL, Vespe, FF Fanboy and Saint Nil (And possibly Bushranger, I'm a bit uncertain as to his status in HALO right now) are the Acronym folks that were mentioned. In sharp contrast to the Townsfolk, I noticed a great deal of personality in our actions (Me and Happy were one of only two or so couples that bothered with a fancy, albeit absurdly destructive, entrance).

Now, I'll admit, the short fight that occurred midway through the thing wasn't really in the spirit of things, but I'm quite certain that the people who chose to step in and involve themselves in that were probably having fun. I'd be willing to bet a game of tag doesn't normally happen either, but did with Vespe and Rabbit, and Alucard, who's not from the Acronyms, probably got a cheap laugh out of tripping one of them as they ran by.

Now then, supposing we get rid of the Acronym characters, target the half dozen or so of us because we have inside jokes and references and such like I'm certain the Friendly Banter people do, you'll also have to kill off Death to be fair. Count Alucard will have to stay in his coffin. Deathslayer7 won't get to witch it up next time and smack people with a broom. Mordokai, our beloved paladin who I bet is totally going to fall from grace by the time the winter holidays come along, will have to leave his cape and sword of smitings behind. Dallas-Dakota's cookie monster will have to stay behind at Sesame Street. Serptine will have to go slither away somewhere else. Sneak would be forced to...dang, I can't think of anything fitting for Sneak. But no prom for him either, then.

And then what will you all be left with? A bland, boring pack of people re-enacting something we've all probably seen in movies and RL countless times before, without any sort of unique playground twist. If that's what you wish, I won't judge, and I'll stop my criticism right here and now. But please stop blaming us for breaking your unspoken rules and secret laws, we didn't know any better, we were just trying to have fun like you were.

Now then, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to step away from this silly blame game, and go roleplay a crazed cyborg villain bent on world domination in the Town subforum. I've a PM box with room for thirty-nine slots for any response you might have for me.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-16, 12:27 PM
*snip*
I was going to reply to this thread, but Magtok beat me to it and said it about ten times better than I ever could.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-16, 12:33 PM
I was going to reply to this thread, but Magtok beat me to it and said it about ten times better than I ever could.

Ditto.
Honestly, on the first page of the Prom discussion? It said we could go as characters, and so we did.
If you wanted two threads full of " *dances*" you could have said that.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-16, 12:35 PM
Excuse me if I come across as possibly a bit rude in this post, but I'd like to present my view of all of this, that of one of the Acronym people who apparently ruined everything for everyone else, and clarify a few things.

Really short, two-second posts with little content to them, those were mostly done by the Townies, Beholder1995, Leigh, Doran, Lupy, quinsar, Moofin Bard, and FireFox. People who, as FireFox said, mostly went as their players.

Myself, Happy, RHL, Vespe, FF Fanboy and Saint Nil (And possibly Bushranger, I'm a bit uncertain as to his status in HALO right now) are the Acronym folks that were mentioned. In sharp contrast to the Townsfolk, I noticed a great deal of personality in our actions (Me and Happy were one of only two or so couples that bothered with a fancy, albeit absurdly destructive, entrance).

Now, I'll admit, the short fight that occurred midway through the thing wasn't really in the spirit of things, but I'm quite certain that the people who chose to step in and involve themselves in that were probably having fun. I'd be willing to bet a game of tag doesn't normally happen either, but did with Vespe and Rabbit, and Alucard, who's not from the Acronyms, probably got a cheap laugh out of tripping one of them as they ran by.

Now then, supposing we get rid of the Acronym characters, target the half dozen or so of us because we have inside jokes and references and such like I'm certain the Friendly Banter people do, you'll also have to kill off Death to be fair. Count Alucard will have to stay in his coffin. Deathslayer7 won't get to witch it up next time and smack people with a broom. Mordokai, our beloved paladin who I bet is totally going to fall from grace by the time the winter holidays come along, will have to leave his cape and sword of smitings behind. Dallas-Dakota's cookie monster will have to stay behind at Sesame Street. Serptine will have to go slither away somewhere else. Sneak would be forced to...dang, I can't think of anything fitting for Sneak. But no prom for him either, then.

And then what will you all be left with? A bland, boring pack of people re-enacting something we've all probably seen in movies and RL countless times before, without any sort of unique playground twist. If that's what you wish, I won't judge, and I'll stop my criticism right here and now. But please stop blaming us for breaking your unspoken rules and secret laws, we didn't know any better, we were just trying to have fun like you were.

Now then, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to step away from this silly blame game, and go roleplay a crazed cyborg villain bent on world domination in the Town subforum. I've a PM box with room for thirty-nine slots for any response you might have for me.
Indeed.

And if I couldn´t be the cookiemonster, I´d probably leave the playground and most likely only post in the depression thread and maybe the rare WW game.

No, no I haven´t become attached to the character at all....

Quinsar
2008-11-16, 12:38 PM
I agree with Magtok.
And think people shouldn't get so angry over who people posted as in the prom.
It was for fun.
If you had it; that's great.
If the fact that Town/ Organization characters were there ruined it for you. Then that's more than a bit egotistical, all that matters is that everyone has fun.
Don't worry about what other people are doing, just have fun.
I know I did...
Just my two cents.

TRM
2008-11-16, 01:56 PM
If I may ask a favor, please be aware of the distinction. The Townies, for the most part, went as themselves, their players. Beholder1995, Leigh, Doran, Lupy, quinsar, Moofin Bard, and myself did not use our characters, and we are really the ones who call ourselves Townies. The people you are refering to are more of the Acronym organization members. True, they do make some posts in Town outside ofthe organization threads, but they only do it in very few places with very few people and for the most part do not attempt to interact with the rest of us Townies. I know this is just because you don't know any better, but I am somewhat annoyed at your usage of "Townies". But really, just keep that in mind for the future, the people who spend the most time on the Town did not bring their characters ortheir plots to the Prom, that would be the GLOGers and the AMENers and all the other organization members. Now, I know that all of their threads are in the Town, but they as they really don't interact with the rest of the Townies, I just request that you do not group us with them. Thank you. :smallsmile:

Uh, sorry to be so pedantic, but... anyhow, my impression of the Prom is that it seemed to be rather great... There were a few things that I didn't like,but they have been addressed here already.
Distinction noted. Apologies for clumping everyone together.

Firstly, I'm not blaming you guys for going as your characters or your playground selves or whatever. I'm just saying why I felt excluded because of it and why I think things need to change for the next event; like I said, two posts above yours, it wasn't stated before the prom that maybe attendees shouldn't act in a certain way—so don't get mad at them for having done so.
But, just because I'm not saying you're wrong for doing it, doesn't mean I can't say the reasons I thought I didn't have fun.

Reading the thread, I think it would be a very poor idea to put a ban on coming as characters; it sounds as if it would make many people unhappy and on further reflection, I'm not sure it was really that big a problem (yes, shocker, The_Rogue_Monk was wrong—at least he's willing to admit it).

I think the real problem was the volume of posts. As mentioned, when there are 24 pages of posts in a day and you sleep for 20 of them, you can't get into the flow unless you are part of the multitude of brief posts.
I imagine, that if most of the people had had the time to read and join in the posting frequently, it would have been easier for an "Outsider" (someone that wasn't coming with an established group such as GLoG or AMEN, etc.,) to interact with the groups that were established; I doubt any of the prolific posters, or those that seem to be under fire here, were intentionally excluding Outsiders (correct me if I'm wrong). However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Outsiders never managed to interact with the Acronyms and/or Townies because it was almost impossible to find anyone's posts; so if, for example, I posted trying to interact with Magtok it was very likely that he would miss it because he wasn't looking for it and when he checked again it would be 50 posts up.

Does that fit with others' experiences of the Prom? My goal is not to blame those that aren't me, it's to find away for everyone to have more fun next time—so I would appreciate it if we could work together to discuss it rather than automatically assuming that everyone that disagrees with us is bad.
Disclaimer: I'm not looking at you Magtok and saying, "he's irrational and automatically assumes I'm bad because I disagree with him." Unfortunately, I'm noticing a definite trend in this thread towards that pattern of thinking—and I would like to avoid it. :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-16, 02:03 PM
Distinction noted. Apologies for clumping everyone together.

Firstly, I'm not blaming you guys for going as your characters or your playground selves or whatever. I'm just saying why I felt excluded because of it and why I think things need to change for the next event; like I said, two posts above yours, it wasn't stated before the prom that maybe attendees shouldn't act in a certain way—so don't get mad at them for having done so.
But, just because I'm not saying you're wrong for doing it, doesn't mean I can't say the reasons I thought I didn't have fun.

Reading the thread, I think it would be a very poor idea to put a ban on coming as characters; it sounds as if it would make many people unhappy and on further reflection, I'm not sure it was really that big a problem (yes, shocker, The_Rogue_Monk was wrong—at least he's willing to admit it).

I think the real problem was the volume of posts. As mentioned, when there are 24 pages of posts in a day and you sleep for 20 of them, you can't get into the flow unless you are part of the multitude of brief posts.
I imagine, that if most of the people had had the time to read and join in the posting frequently, it would have been easier for an "Outsider" (someone that wasn't coming with an established group such as GLoG or AMEN, etc.,) to interact with the groups that were established; I doubt any of the prolific posters, or those that seem to be under fire here, were intentionally excluding Outsiders (correct me if I'm wrong). However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Outsiders never managed to interact with the Acronyms and/or Townies because it was almost impossible to find anyone's posts; so if, for example, I posted trying to interact with Magtok it was very likely that he would miss it because he wasn't looking for it and when he checked again it would be 50 posts up.

Does that fit with others' experiences of the Prom? My goal is not to blame those that aren't me, it's to find away for everyone to have more fun next time—so I would appreciate it if we could work together to discuss it rather than automatically assuming that everyone that disagrees with us is bad.
Disclaimer: I'm not looking at you Magtok and saying, "he's irrational and automatically assumes I'm bad because I disagree with him." Unfortunately, I'm noticing a definite trend in this thread towards that pattern of thinking—and I would like to avoid it. :smallwink:
As I´m with ´NO´, may I tell you that I completely didn´t interact with other NO members during prom?
Usually I searched out when my name was mentioned or people that I´d promised dances to, or crush upon orso.

Mordokai
2008-11-16, 02:11 PM
I pretty much agree with what Rogue Monk has said. To me, coming as a character wasn't a problem. Hell, if I'd be playing as myself, I'd probably be boring and wouldn't talk to anybody much. It was the sheer volume of posts that throw me off. When you oversleep 24 pages, it's hard to get back in the action. And while many of the characters are very lovable(I had fun interacting with Maggy, even if our relationship is sometimes less than perfect :smallbiggrin: )... it is just hard for someone who doesn't know them to fit in.

So, before I start rambling again, I encourage playing as character. If we manage to find some way to incorporate characters and people who don't want to play as characters... that would probably work for the best.

God, I need to learn to shape my ideas so they will be more understandable...

TRM
2008-11-16, 02:12 PM
As I´m with ´NO´, may I tell you that I completely didn´t interact with other NO members during prom?
Usually I searched out when my name was mentioned or people that I´d promised dances to, or crush upon orso.
That's what I did too. Howevers; this doesn't completely invalidate my point, it just shows that I'm making unfounded generalizations (which isn't good either...). Did you look for anyone besides your dances to interact with? If someone had posted trying to start a conversation with you, would you have noticed it if it had been part of a massive clump of posts? What would you have done if you had never been on at the same time as any of your dances?

It's clear that many people found the prom enjoyable. However, if we just keep it the same, many more won't bother to come next time and others will continue to have bad experiences. We're all Playgrounders, I'm sure we can reach a compromise and set of guidelines that will make everyone happy.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-16, 03:21 PM

and yet i never got that dance. :smallannoyed:

Vuzzmop
2008-11-16, 06:48 PM
I wish I could've been there, but I stained my best suit.

Anyhoo, I missed it. Too busy studying. Oh sweet merciful Ghandi, this is how its going to play put for me next year at my real one, isn't it?

Must...resist...becoming...sociopathic...loner.

Player_Zero
2008-11-16, 06:55 PM
Must...resist...becoming...sociopathic...loner.

Oo! Oo! We could be twinses!

Prom eh? Huh.

Alarra
2008-11-16, 07:00 PM
wait...it's over already? You mean I missed the whooooooooooole prom? *cries*

Ah well...I'm going to just keep using my prom avatar for awhile cause I'm sad.

Vuzzmop
2008-11-16, 07:02 PM
@ Player Zero: I like this plan. You can be the official sociopath for England and the hemisphere to which it belongs, and I'll tackle the job from the south.

We're gonna come at society from two sides. IAAAAA!

Oh yeah, and, will there be a prom next year?

Alarra
2008-11-16, 07:08 PM

See, here's the thing. The 'town' forum isn't only for the town and town plots and characters. The current intent is for it to be a board that encompasses all free form roleplaying, hence when the organizations were moved there. We haven't changed the name of the forum yet, but we intend to. As this event was a roleplayed event, it fit to be put in that subforum. I'm sorry if it made some people feel unwelcome.

averagejoe
2008-11-16, 07:29 PM
wait...it's over already? You mean I missed the whooooooooooole prom? *cries*

Ah well...I'm going to just keep using my prom avatar for awhile cause I'm sad.

Same with me, besides an hour on Friday. :smallsigh: I had to, of all things, go way out of town to attend a masquerade. Still, I had fun in the short time I had. I just feel like I let my date down.

Thufir
2008-11-16, 08:20 PM
I suppose the real point would be no character-baggage, as Serpentine said, and no class abilities. Any special abilities used should be more amusing and less pitched-battle-y.

I still think this would be a reasonable guideline. Note guideline, not rule. If you're coming as your character, suddenly not having your class abilities seems weird, so it would be more that you just try to avoid situations in which you'd be using them. Unless it's funny to do so.
And if a pitched battle breaks out for reasons not related to character-baggage brought from Town or Acronym threads, it should be made clear that anyone who wants to can just act like it isn't happening.

The only slightly bothersome point about using characters is the player/character dichotomy (I like being sesquipedalian). e.g: RHL (Player) I know from the shipping thread among other places and like; whereas Rabbit (Character) I've technically never met. Result: Uncertainty and social awkwardness. Like, more than usual.

Alarra
2008-11-16, 08:31 PM
I didn't actually see much of prom, so I'm not sure what went on there...but...really? You guys were breaking out into battles and didn't think this might stop some people from enjoying themselves?

And while I don't know that there would have to be a guideline about no special abilities, I mean, some are harmless..*hands Thurfir a pudding cup* but really if people just put some thought into things before they did them...

Let's try this next time...before you post ask yourself: "Is this action going to disrupt everyone around me and spoil their enjoyment of the event going on?" If so, then maybe you shouldn't do it.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-16, 09:53 PM
In retrospect, the battles were a stupid idea. I would also like to distance myself by saying I didn't start any. Those guys did it. Them. *points at no one in particular*

That's the thing, though. I did think about it. No one seemed to mind at the time. They were mostly paying attention to their own business, only saying "I ignore all this nonsense" if anything at all. No one seemed to mind it any more than anyone else's activities.

Look. I understand that some people may not have liked what we did at the prom. But frankly, we were there to have fun like everyone else. Our definition of fun simply happens to be something besides typing *dances* for hours on end. No one said we couldn't. If there's a problem, please tell us, instead of ignoring it and blaming us for spoiling your fun after it's over.

If you're going to hold another prom, please consider setting some rules for what you consider "acceptable," so I can know not to come again, lest I again be made the scapegoat for why some people didn't have any fun.

Alarra
2008-11-16, 10:51 PM

And you know, this is a very unfriendly attitude to take. Everyone was welcome and invited, including town characters.

Aystra
2008-11-16, 10:54 PM
I enjoyed the prom fully. :smallbiggrin:
I think it would have been better if it was scheduled on a weekend.
I have school, so I could only get on for an hour at a time. :smallfrown:
Do it again next year!

TRM
2008-11-16, 11:05 PM
In retrospect, the battles were a stupid idea. I would also like to distance myself by saying I didn't start any. Those guys did it. Them. *points at no one in particular*

That's the thing, though. I did think about it. No one seemed to mind at the time. They were mostly paying attention to their own business, only saying "I ignore all this nonsense" if anything at all. No one seemed to mind it any more than anyone else's activities.

Look. I understand that some people may not have liked what we did at the prom. But frankly, we were there to have fun like everyone else. Our definition of fun simply happens to be something besides typing *dances* for hours on end. No one said we couldn't. If there's a problem, please tell us, instead of ignoring it and blaming us for spoiling your fun after it's over.

If you're going to hold another prom, please consider setting some rules for what you consider "acceptable," so I can know not to come again, lest I again be made the scapegoat for why some people didn't have any fun.
More agreeing, from across the aisle. More reinforcement of my prior statement: Don't get mad at people unless you told them before hand they couldn't do something!

How many people were actually disrupted by the magic and wonder and whatever else was going on? I don't think I would have been, I was disrupted by the millions of posts; Magtok said he was too, was anyone else? I still think that was the real problem.

Nychta
2008-11-16, 11:06 PM
Hmm... I know a few people have already said stuff like this, but:

Less time between planning and event
Should run for longer
... there were a lot of posts! It went extremely fast. I couldn't keep up.
Also, battles. I didn't understand why. Surely there was a more fitting place for those.
*shoots time zones*

EDIT: Yeah, I guess we should have made it clear if we didn't want battles. I don't know, they were okay, just confusing. I just had no idea that they would crop up.

Sneak
2008-11-16, 11:08 PM
I didn't actually see much of prom, so I'm not sure what went on there...but...really? You guys were breaking out into battles and didn't think this might stop some people from enjoying themselves?

And while I don't know that there would have to be a guideline about no special abilities, I mean, some are harmless..*hands Thurfir a pudding cup* but really if people just put some thought into things before they did them...

Let's try this next time...before you post ask yourself: "Is this action going to disrupt everyone around me and spoil their enjoyment of the event going on?" If so, then maybe you shouldn't do it.

I agree with all this 100%. Playing as characters or minor quirky abilities aren't a problem—the players just need to think before they act. I mean, honestly, I really don't think anyone would want me to play as myself. There are already enough arrogant pricks in the world, don't need another one infecting the prom. :smalltongue:

Anyway, I definitely feel that it wasn't long enough. I'm in high school, so I had school and homework to do during most of the prom, which left very little time for promming it up. In fact, I feel like a pretty much missed the whole thing (I went out on Saturday night as well, so I kinda missed my last prom opportunity...sorry BlackFox!) and after all that hype and planning, well, it's a bit of a let-down.

And that's mah two cents. I might need one of those back, though. I think I'ma hit up the vending machines later.

EDIT: And yes, I did feel that it was kind of difficult to have any meaningful interaction through the barrage of posts that we had.

FdL
2008-11-16, 11:23 PM
First I want to say that I had fun at the prom and would be sad if it never happened again, even if I don't get to go again. And that it's a bit sad to see people arguing and blaming each other over this when it was supposed to be an event for everyone.

The only slightly bothersome point about using characters is the player/character dichotomy (I like being sesquipedalian). e.g: RHL (Player) I know from the shipping thread among other places and like; whereas Rabbit (Character) I've technically never met. Result: Uncertainty and social awkwardness. Like, more than usual.

I kinda agree to this...It's a bit difficult to adjust if you're not into it from before like I was. But well, it's okay for people to interact with those who want in the way they prefer.

I was a bit surprised when it got moved to The Town, especially because there was no hint whatsoever that this was going to happen. Which together with some other stuff that came up in this thread, really means that aybe all the time that we had to organize it maybe wasn't really focused on the important things. But it's good to be able to learn from mistakes. And again, it was fun anyway.

So there, a big *hug* to everyone that was there and I hope to see you next time.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-17, 12:46 AM

That was the wonderful thing about my being at the prom; I made it some weird combination of Player-Rabbit and Character-Rabbit, all with a plot-excuse.
You could very well have asked Rabbit to dance; it was me for those who didn't know her as a character, and Rabbit Vasque for those from Town/ACRONYMS
:smallbiggrin:

FdL
2008-11-17, 05:16 AM
That was the wonderful thing about my being at the prom; I made it some weird combination of Player-Rabbit and Character-Rabbit, all with a plot-excuse.
You could very well have asked Rabbit to dance; it was me for those who didn't know her as a character, and Rabbit Vasque for those from Town/ACRONYMS

Good to know. Sadly I didn't have a chance to dance with you :(

turkishproverb
2008-11-17, 05:17 AM
I think upping it to a week for future dances would be a good idea.

Thufir
2008-11-17, 06:16 AM

Well, I was going to, but I didn't want to interrupt you and Vespe.

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-17, 08:35 AM
The biggest problem was leaving and then having to sift through 4 or 5 pages to see if my date had posted anything. I could ignore the battles.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-17, 08:36 AM
The biggest problem was leaving and then having to sift through 4 or 5 pages to see if my date had posted anything. I could ignore the battles.
ctrl F, long live Ctrl F!.....

blackfox
2008-11-17, 11:14 AM
Hm.

It'd be nice if the music was a bit better organized? Although it is kind of fun to godmod the speakers into playing stuff that BlackFox likes because she's about to murder them.

I don't mind the playing-Town-characters, but I do think that the dragging-every-single-Town-plot-and-Feudahem. Disagreement? Into the Prom disrupts it a *lot.* I'm not expecting two threads of dancing, but two threads of flirting is certainly BlackFox-Approved.

Sneak, it's okay you were out Saturday, I was actually out Saturday too. Besides, the prom ended at like 5 or whatever in EST, and I definitely am not online by then.

Mauve, if you go to someone's profile there's a convenient link that shows you all their posts.

Sneak, I'm not a stalker. Honest. :smalltongue:

@V Takes one less click. :smalltongue:

Zeful
2008-11-17, 11:57 AM

You could simply search for your date's posts by clicking on their username and the "Find more posts by ______" link.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-17, 02:32 PM
Well, I was going to, but I didn't want to interrupt you and Vespe.

And I thank you for that.
Vespe and Rabbit hardly got to spend any time together D=

The date thing was def hard to work through.

Dirk Kris
2008-11-17, 04:12 PM
Prom will be better next time if I'm there. :smallwink:

Also, I think a break-dancing contest or other game sort of thing would have been fun. Limbo or something, maybe.

I can haz a pwom date? (http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/11/13/funny-pictures-can-has-pwom-date/)

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-17, 04:36 PM
Yeah, eventually I started using that link. But it was still irritating, 'cause I wouldn't get back to him for like 6 pages.

Ranna
2008-11-17, 06:41 PM
I missed it cos I am rubbish ...
Buuut I am not very good at role play.. I am too scatty to possibly be able to stay in any sort of role... I change my own personality daily after all! So probably for the best :)

blackfox
2008-11-17, 06:52 PM
I can haz a pwom date? (http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/11/13/funny-pictures-can-has-pwom-date/)Ninja'd. And Sneak can back you up on that. :smallamused: