PDA

View Full Version : Minor correction

jasonc
2006-08-02, 12:16 AM
In case someone hasn't already pointed it out, I noticed that the Beige Dragon card has "shtick" misspelt under 'Flying' (as featured on the APE Games page at http://www.apegames.com/oots/oots-dod/oots-dod.html)

I just thought you'd want to know.

So do I win a prize? ;)

I also wanted to say that I - along with the many others - thoroughly enjoy Order of the Stick, and am so grateful that you have freely shared it with us. By way of a small thank you, I've started my personal OotS collection with a pre-order of Supercollider, and plan to buy your other books in the near future too.

As for the board game, I'd absolutely love to get into it but unfortunately I've long since moved away from all my gaming friends - who would have really appreciated the humour and adventure-length gameplay along with me. When you get around to an online version then I'll certainly be in to that! :D

WampaX
2006-08-02, 09:48 AM
In case someone hasn't already pointed it out, I noticed that the Beige Dragon card has "shtick" misspelt under 'Flying' (as featured on the APE Games page at http://www.apegames.com/oots/oots-dod/oots-dod.html)

I just thought you'd want to know.

Well, obviously, no "shick"s would work on a dragon as it has no leg hair. :P

apegamer
2006-08-02, 09:50 AM
A prize? Oh no, quite the opposite. People who point out problems with our game get black-listed and made to sit in small, poorly-lit rooms proofreading future games.

Bookman
2006-08-02, 01:16 PM
A prize? Oh no, quite the opposite. People who point out problems with our game get black-listed and made to sit in small, poorly-lit rooms proofreading future games.

Do you get paid or is it more of a forced labor thing?

Well, obviously, no "shick"s would work on a dragon as it has no leg hair. :P

Oooooooooo *takes 2d6 pun damage* that's a bad one

Justin_Miller
2006-08-02, 03:53 PM
So let me guess...

"The OOTS Adventure Game is now being released in October so we can correct a spelling error"

... *Sobs softly*

jasonc
2006-08-02, 06:45 PM
A prize? Oh no, quite the opposite...

Heh heh

Sad to say I'm the sort of guy that would actually see that as a prize. (By day, I'm an auditor. I even picked an avatar to match.) :P

So count me in for future proofreader!

RyleneCaleah
2006-08-03, 12:24 AM
Proof reading is fun - as long as the person you are proofing for doesn't take your corrections personally!

You try correcting an Italian jockey's memoirs when he is writing in English, not Italian....... He didn't like me because I found something wrong in every sentence!!!!!!! Of course, if he had been writing in Italian, proof reading it would have been someone else's job anyway!