PDA

View Full Version : First day of being a teenager!

Inhuman Bot
2008-11-16, 10:29 AM
So today's my birthday.

I'am now 13.

Let there be cake!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/images/3092_MEDIUM.jpg
http://http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/images/3092_MEDIUM.jpg

EDIT: Yet again, inserting images and making links use something other then the're url fails.
:smallfrown:

Flickerdart
2008-11-16, 10:34 AM
http://www.pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif
Happy 13th.

Player_Zero
2008-11-16, 10:34 AM
I want that cake. I would walk a thousand miles and I would walk a thousand more for that cake. Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles... For cake. Looks yummy. And I'm starving...

Oh, and happy birthday too.

Krytha
2008-11-16, 10:36 AM
Ah to be young again...

Player_Zero
2008-11-16, 10:36 AM
Ah to be young again...

And also a robot-

...Reflex. Carry on.

ufo
2008-11-16, 10:37 AM
That cake sure does look yummy.

Anyways, welcome to seven years of hell. Enjoy your stay.

Haruki-kun
2008-11-16, 10:38 AM
W00T! Happy birthday! You'll love the next 7 years. :smallbiggrin:

Ah to be young again...

Hehe....

:smalleek: Oh mai.... I only have like...3 and a half months left of being a teenager. Scary, ain't it? :smalltongue:

rayne_dragon
2008-11-16, 10:40 AM
Happy Birthday!

I guess it's my day to feel old. =P

Mauve Shirt
Happy Birthday!

:smalleek: Oh mai.... I only have like...3 and a half months left of being a teenager. Scary, ain't it? :smalltongue:

I know, right? :smallamused:

Castaras

O.o

I could have sworn you were younger than that.

Oh yeah, and HAPPY BIRFDAY! :smallbiggrin:

http://entrecard.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/lolcat.JPG

SilentNight
2008-11-16, 10:41 AM
Happy birthday, enjoy it and your cake. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2008-11-16, 10:43 AM
Happy AFONAL day! :smallsmile:

Mordokai
2008-11-16, 10:44 AM
Happy Birthday! You're almost half as young as I am, so... enjoy! :smallbiggrin:

And now, I'll help myself to some of that cake, if you don't mind!

Phase
2008-11-16, 11:41 AM
All these whipper snappers on my celelstial lawn. Being thirteen is a good... thing... to being?

Wha? Okay, happy Birday!

Ego Slayer
2008-11-16, 11:46 AM
I don't even remember turning 13. v.v

I didn't get a shiny thread to remember it by either. So, Happy Birthday! *hugs* Turn back while you can!... errr...Welcome to the teens. Right. *nodnod* :smallbiggrin:

I want that cake. I would walk a thousand miles and I would walk a thousand more for that cake. Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles... For cake. Looks yummy. And I'm starving...
Pfft. I'll already be there when you arrive. And I'll beat you back with a stick. >>

ghost_warlock
2008-11-16, 11:46 AM
Happy birthday! Enjoy your youth before someone takes it from you.

Happy Birthday! You're almost half as young as I am, so... enjoy! :smallbiggrin:

And now, I'll help myself to some of that cake, if you don't mind!

Heh. I'm more than twice Slaanesh's age. :smallfrown:

Sure, it hurts now, but the senility will take care of that. AAAaahhh, there she goes... :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-16, 11:47 AM
As Ufo said, welcome to your seven years of hell.

Happy womb-liberation day.

and the pic you posted =
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/images/3092_MEDIUM.jpg

Coidzor
2008-11-16, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the land of vaguely unpleasant and awkward things. Hope you avoid the many pitfalls and general quagmire society keeps here.

Stay safe and have good times.

Em Blackleaf
2008-11-16, 12:03 PM
Finally, a playgrounder who's younger than me!
Haha! I just finished being 13 a few months ago! :smalltongue:

Seriously, happy birthday. Happy teen-ness. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-16, 12:12 PM
Finally, a playgrounder who's younger than me!
Haha! I just finished being 13 a few months ago! :smalltongue:

Seriously, happy birthday. Happy teen-ness. :smallsmile:
I thought you were like 14 or 15.....:smallredface:

Em Blackleaf
2008-11-16, 12:14 PM
Yeah, "finished being 13" which means I am 14...
So, you were right.

dish
2008-11-16, 12:14 PM
IIRC I got chicken pox on my 13th birthday. Here's hoping your day is better than that. Enjoy the thread and the cake.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-16, 12:16 PM
Yeah, "finished being 13" which means I am 14...
So, you were right.
Stupid misread. Sorry mīdear Em.

Spiryt
2008-11-16, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the jungle!

:smallwink:

Happy Birthday!

Tirian
2008-11-16, 12:23 PM
IIRC I got chicken pox on my 13th birthday. Here's hoping your day is better than that. Enjoy the thread and the cake.

Yikes. I'd rather get it on my thirteenth birthday then wait until I'm even older. I still remember being sick but still having to play with all of my friends so they would get infected too....

Anyway, happy birthday Slaanesh! Teenagerdom is tough at times, but be assured that many have survived it.

Krytha
2008-11-16, 12:25 PM
That cake is a heart attack and a half.

Ceska
2008-11-16, 01:23 PM
Ah to be young again...
Really? My memories of being thirteen could have been better. What a boring age.

Anyway, be glad to have gotten to the age where you gradually move away from childhood only to be childish in different ways. In other words, congrats.

Vuzzmop
2008-11-16, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the machine my friend. It never stops.

Zeb The Troll
2008-11-16, 07:03 PM
:smalleek: Oh mai.... I only have like...3 and a half months left of being a teenager. Scary, ain't it? :smalltongue:Me too! :smalltongue:

Fiery Diamond
2008-11-16, 07:16 PM
Happy birthday!

As a nineteen year old, let me tell you - the teenage years are truly heaven and hell at the same time...

And life passes you by faster the older you get. It's scary enough at 19, I don't even wanna think about what it's like at 50.

But Happy happy happy birthday!

Mr. Moon
2008-11-16, 07:34 PM
No! Don't do it! Go back to childhood before it's to late! Trust me, being a teenager is not as much fun as the Disney Channel makes it look!

IT'S A TRAAAAAAAAAP!

Atomsized
2008-11-16, 07:57 PM
Happy birthday Slann!

The Orange Zergling
2008-11-16, 08:05 PM
Happy womb-liberation day! :smallsmile:

Bitzeralisis
2008-11-16, 08:10 PM
Good luck. :smalltongue:

Collin152
2008-11-16, 08:20 PM
No! Don't do it! Go back to childhood before it's to late! Trust me, being a teenager is not as much fun as the Disney Channel makes it look!

IT'S A TRAAAAAAAAAP!

Obviously you're doing it wrong.
Or did it wrong. I don't know how old you are.

Me? Well, I must be doing it wrong too.

Firestar27
2008-11-16, 08:38 PM
Wow. I didn't know Slaanesh was that young...
Happy Birthday! It is a great day to commemorate the fact that you escaped the horrid womb.

And that cake is a lie.

Fostire
2008-11-16, 08:58 PM
No, you're getting confused, I'm the one that has that much left :smalltongue:

Oh, and happy birthday slaanesh, the next 6-8 years will suck/rock (choose one)

Jalor
2008-11-16, 09:08 PM
When I turned 13, maybe a year and a half ago, I was all "Yay, I'm growing up and stuff!". Now, I'm "GRRRR I hate happy cheerfulness die die die.". Savor the happy fun time while it lasts, and be sure to ask older Teenagers in the Playground for advice, so you can learn the easy way. Good luck and godspeed you! Black Emperor, that is. One of the best bands ever. Listen to them; your life will improve.

UncleWolf
2008-11-16, 09:10 PM
Congrats.
Now begins the hardest part of your life.
Living until you are 18. I have a month left.

Zarrexaij
2008-11-16, 10:26 PM
I don't know, living until you are 21 is pretty hard. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2008-11-16, 10:35 PM
I don't know, living until you are 21 is pretty hard. :smalltongue:

Maybe it is, but I'm surprised that I even lived past 15 because of some of the stupid things I've done.

Sneak
2008-11-16, 10:36 PM
Happy birthday!

Do you feel that?

That's the feeling of not feeling any different despite having passed a supposed societal milestone.

Congratulations. :smalltongue:

Seriously, though, happy birthday. May you have hundreds of fat children!

Zarrexaij
2008-11-16, 10:39 PM
Maybe it is, but I'm surprised that I even lived past 15 because of some of the stupid things I've done.Gotta live through your driving years and driving with crazy people years.

Nohwl
2008-11-16, 10:45 PM
happy birthday.

Recaiden
2008-11-16, 10:59 PM
Welcome to your seven years of hell.
You mean 7 years of AWESOME!

Anyway, Happy Birthday!

So, Haruki is older than I thought(not 14), Em is younger than I thought (not 19-23), and Mordokai is 7 years old?:smallconfused:

Blue Ghost
2008-11-16, 11:05 PM
Happy birthday! Welcome to real life!
Let me tell you, the teen years are... Well, actually, I can't really tell you much about them, despite my being a teen myself. The only thing I can say is that the stories of unbearable angst in the teen years are only true if you want them to be. Just focus on the important things, and don't let yourself be distracted by the trivialities of teenhood.
Of course, I'm not sure how valid that advice is, as I suspect that my life is not normal in some way or other.

UncleWolf
2008-11-16, 11:25 PM
Gotta live through your driving years and driving with crazy people years.

Where I am, you can get your license at 16. And the highway near my house is not called the "Dieway" for nothing. It is the one road in the world that you don't want to speed on.

Gray Jester
2008-11-16, 11:33 PM
Is your cake delicious and moist?

Seriously, though, happy birthday. May you have hundreds of fat children!

Just not yet. Teenage pregnancy is not cool, guys.

Letsee. Oh, right. Welcome to "Being a Teenager 101". The rules are as follows.
1) From this point on, nobody understands you.
2) Angst is normal, and should be expressed by going online and yelling at your parents.
3) Fighting with your parents is necessary and proper. If you don't, you aren't doing it right.
4) You are allowed to do stupid things again, and have it put off as "only being a teenager". Just don't get yourself killed.
5) Assuming you are a teenage boy, your motivations for talking with girls from this point onwards can only be fuelled by one thing. I mean, obviously. You couldn't be interested in anyone as a -friend-, oh no. </sarcasm>

UncleWolf
2008-11-16, 11:34 PM
Is your cake delicious and moist?

Just not yet. Teenage pregnancy is not cool, guys.

Letsee. Oh, right. Welcome to "Being a Teenager 101". The rules are as follows.
1) From this point on, nobody understands you.
2) Angst is normal, and should be expressed by going online and yelling at your parents.
3) Fighting with your parents is necessary and proper. If you don't, you aren't doing it right.
4) You are allowed to do stupid things again, and have it put off as "only being a teenager". Just don't get yourself killed.
5) Assuming you are a teenage boy, your motivations for talking with girls from this point onwards can only be fuelled by one thing. I mean, obviously. You couldn't be interested in anyone as a -friend-, oh no. </sarcasm>

You forgot one.
Even though it may seem like it, your IQ doesn't actually drop 100 points.

Zarrexaij
2008-11-16, 11:34 PM
Where I am, you can get your license at 16. And the highway near my house is not called the "Dieway" for nothing. It is the one road in the world that you don't want to speed on.That's most of America, dear, as far as sixteen goes. But up until the mid-twenties, there's a high accident rate among those of driving age.

UncleWolf
2008-11-16, 11:40 PM
That's most of America, dear, as far as sixteen goes.

Hmmm, I didn't know that. I lived most of my life on the east coast where(at least where I had lived) the age had been 17 for permit and 18 for license.

Gray Jester
2008-11-16, 11:46 PM
That's most of America, dear, as far as sixteen goes. But up until the mid-twenties, there's a high accident rate among those of driving age.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that I read that as "among those of drinking age" or not.

More on subject: Part of that is a function of inexperience. We don't have the relevant years of driving experience that many others on the road have, and as such tend towards being either overly reckless due to not being good at driving and trying to drive like someone who is, or overly cautious, which is, in some cases, just as dangerous. Admittedly, some people do make the balance, but for some, it takes longer.

Krytha
2008-11-16, 11:52 PM
Or you could exercise common sense when you get behind the wheel. I.e. No alcohol, find a deserted area to practise, and master the basics before you decide to try the "Dieway" for yourself.

Ninja Chocobo
2008-11-17, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the club, mate.
Your present is I stop being mad at you for not claiming your avatar. Twice.

late for dinner
2008-11-17, 10:17 AM
sorry I am late...happy belated birthday. now you can finally watch a pg-13 movie without your parents permission...unless you are like me and grew up with over protective parents who wouldnt let you watch titanic without them so they could fast forward through the nude scene...I guess my only advice for you is that you are starting high school soon and in all seriousness: Actually try in high school...your parents, although it may not seem like it, are smarter than you and know what they are talking about even if you dont think so...stay away from drugs...dont loiter in front of the movie theatres on friday nights. It's annoying to actual movie go'ers....k that is all I have.

happy b-day again...And may all of your wildest dreams come true.

someonenonotyou
2008-11-17, 10:19 AM
Happy bday

Dallas-Dakota
2008-11-17, 10:29 AM

Anyway, Happy Birthday!

So, Haruki is older than I thought(not 14), Em is younger than I thought (not 19-23), and Mordokai is 7 years old?:smallconfused:
Teenage hood is 7 years of awesome?

Man, fate is cruel and Iīm missing out on the awesome then....

three08
2008-11-17, 10:41 AM
congratulations, young person. 13 is the happiest birthday of them all, because you no longer have to endure being referred to as a "tween". go ahead and savor it.

also, amusing that the list of artists/songs quoted so far in this thread is:

Guns 'n' Roses / Welcome to the Jungle, and
Pink Floyd / Welcome to the Machine

how's that for optimism? throw in some leonard cohen and we'll have a friggin party.

Faceist
2008-11-17, 11:23 AM
Hallelujaaaah, hallelujaaaah, hallelujaaaaah, halleluu-huuu-jaaaah.

I mean uhm. Happy birthday! Being a teenager is awesome as long as you do it right. Remember, be as snarky and arrogant as possible, drive dangerously, and only use condoms to flick people with, and you'll do us all proud. Godspeed, little guy. :smalltongue:

Em Blackleaf
2008-11-17, 02:44 PM

Anyway, Happy Birthday!

The age is one the 'page. I put it there so people would stop thinking I'm 20. :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2008-11-17, 04:06 PM
Mordokai is 7 years old?:smallconfused:

Your math is off. Slaanesh is nearly half as old as Mordokai is, so where S is Slaanesh's age and M is Mordokai's, S < M/2, or 2S < M, or M > 26 since Slaanesh is 13. Mordokai is thus at least 26 years old.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-11-17, 05:27 PM
Happy Birthday, Slaanesh, have a lot of cake! :smallbiggrin:

RandomNPC
2008-11-17, 06:07 PM
ok, now that you have acheived the rank of teenager i can divulge semi-secret things to you.

mostly that when in groups of like aged friends you will be viewed with fear and suspicion. this is not because you are fear inducing or suspicious, but because if enough of you gather in one place you will become the single most destructive thing in the universe. A mob of bored teenagers.

Not even half kidding, you are now a fear inducing, suspicious looking person for the above reason. I've seen it. Nukes are nice compared to what you and like minded people could do, nukes don't leave survivors who have to clean up the mess.

It'll be fun!

Vella_Malachite
2008-11-17, 09:18 PM
Happy Birthday!

Damn, I was so excited when I turned 13...Now I find it weird that I'm about to turn 16...

Seriously, though, teendom is kinda cool. All sorts of new and interesting things start happening. School is much different, people start seeing you as either more mature or, yes, the greatest destructive force in the 'Verse. You get extra freedom with no huge responsibilities...:smallcool:

It can be confusing (I know it is for me sometimes...), but you get over it. You can either take comfort in the fact that most people feel the same way, or take comfort from denying it. Your choice.

When it comes to other people, I find the best method is to watch objectively. No species on Earth is quite as amusing as the human teenager, and now you'll get an unparalleled view; an outsider watching from the inside. Seriously, that thought makes my school life seem so much more bearable.:smallamused:

Enjoy it while you can, look forward to everything, live in the moment, etc. You are now a potentiality. Use it well.:smallsmile: