PDA

View Full Version : [Fires of Passion] For Love Knows No Bounds

Deathslayer7
2008-11-16, 03:41 PM
Do unto you, what you would do unto others.

Fear not in the mid of battle, for love shall always be triumphant. Fear not those who would do you bodily harm, for she will love you all the more. Fear not death, for even death cannot overcome true love.

Fear not the fury in her eyes, for she will forgive over time.
Fear not the pain in your heart, for she will mend it.

Fear not being alone, for she will always be by your side.

For Love Knows No Bounds

Zeta Kai
2008-11-16, 03:48 PM
Do unto you, what you would do unto others.

You win! Ultimate Homebrew! Less is more! To hell with my megapost projects! You win! This is like homebrew haiku!

You have pwned forums,
With your crazy homebrew skills,
A haiku for you.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-16, 03:49 PM
i have only started. :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-16, 04:00 PM
Relationship:

Love Knows No Bounds is based off a relationship between either a man and woman (total of two people), or two men and a woman (total of three people).

Love Knows No Bounds is based more off roleplaying the character than the actual benefits. But that does not mean it isn't worth it.

There are certain prerequisites needed to quialify for Love Knows No Bounds.

Prerequisites:
Woman: Must have special blood flowing in her veins.
i.e: daughter of a cheiftan or clan leader
famous noble's daughter
in line to inherit a throne or kingdom
any type of blood line that is considered unqiue or special to a campaign

Man: must have a lower social status then the woman.

Both players must sincerely love each other and have consummated their relationship with relations.
Both players must also give each other an item that has sentimential value to them.
If these requirements are met, then both players gain special abilities as stated below.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-16, 04:18 PM
{table=head]Level|Man's Special Effects and Abilities|Woman's Special Effects and Abilities
1|I Love You|I Love You
2|A Piece of My Heart|A Piece of My Heart
3|How to Charm a Woman|How to Tame a Man
4|Nothing but the Truth|Nothing but the Truth
5|Love Blossoms|Love Blossoms
6|A Piece of My Heart|A Piece of My Heart
7|The Past is the Past|The Past is the Past
8|Two Makes One|Two Makes One
9||
10|A Piece of My Heart|A Piece of My Heart
11|Present is Now|Present is Now
12||
13||
14|A Piece of My Heart|A Piece of My Heart
15|Future is Near|Future is Near
16|Here in My Heart|Here in My Heart
17|Now and Forever|Now and Forever
18|My Heart Belongs to You|My Heart Belongs to You
19|Pride, Honor, and Courage|Mercy, Peace, and Hope
20|Love Knows No Bounds|Love Knows No Bounds
[/table]

{table=head]Relationship Status
Superb
Excellent
Good
Fair
Average
Below Average
Poor
Failed
[/table]

I Love You: Beginning at fist level, each player has an innate sense of understanding of their partner and knows the general direction of where their partner is. This does not work if the lover is more than 50 miles away. The player also knows generally how their lover feels at the moment, no matter the distance. Some such feelings are: happiness, sadness, and anger.

A piece of My Heart: The lover feels as if their loved one is always near them at all times, no matter the distance. This sensation grows as they grow in love and mature. Starting at 2nd level, and every four levels afterward, 6th, 10th, and up to 14th level, the lover gains some special abilities.

2nd level: +1 love bonus to AC.
6th level: +1 love bonus to all saves.
10th level: +2 love bonus to AC.
14th level: +2 love bonus to all saves.

How to Charm a Woman: Starting at third level, whenever the player interacts with other women, they gain a +4 competence bonus when dealing with them. Some examples are as follows:
i.e:

tumbling past a woman
trying to bluff a woman
negotiating with a woman
intimidating a woman

How to Tame a Man: Starting at third level, whenever the player interacts with other men, they gain a +4 competence bonus when dealing with them. Some examples are as follows:
i.e:

tumbling past a man
trying to bluff a man
negotiating with a man
intimidating a man

Nothing but the Truth: Starting at fourth level, the players have known each other long enough to start a meaningful relationship with each other. They must now continue that relationship, and let it bloom. To start it off, relationships are based off trust, if you cannot trust each other, then you cannot love each other. Neither player may lie to each other, if they do so, their relationship staus decreases by one for every time they lie to their lover.

This relationship status lasts until 18th level, there upon it no longer applies. To maintain a healthy relationship, both players must continually interact with each other and continually suprise each other.

This can range from simply holding hands, cuddling in a tent or in a bedroll, buying gifts, or sitting under the stars and pointing out certain ones. Anything. It is up to the players and DM to decide what is appropriate. But if the players do not do such acts at least twice a week, their relationship status goes down one step.

If the act is above average and the DM deems it appropriate, the relationship can gain a status.

All relationships start at Fair. If any relationship reaches the Failed point, the relationship no longer works out, and it is deemed a failure. Any and all benefits provided by Love Knows No Bounds is lost.

Love Blossoms: Starting at 5th level, the player's relationship takes on a whole new meaning to each other. They now gain the benefits of Alertness when near each other. Also, their sense of awareness of each other increases. They now know the general area where their lover is, and always know the general direction they are in, no matter the distance. They get no reading if their lover goes to a different plane, but they know that their lover is not on this plane. They also know each others feelings as well. They can get a more defined feel of what their lover's mood is. They can tell whether he/she is content, frightened, or frustrated in addition to happy, sad, or angered.

The Past is the Past: Whatever you were doesn't matter. Whether you were a cold-blooded serial murderer, or a rapist, it is time to look ahead. The past is the past. You may or may not have known each other, but it is time to start making memories that both of you shall treasure.

The couple must do something extraordinary within a week upon reaching this stage of their relationship. Failure to do so results in a decrease in their relationship status. If the event is super special, and the DM deem it appropriate, they gain a level.

Two Makes One: As the couple start getting to know each other, their knowledge also increases. Starting at 8th level, each player gains a +2 love bonus to attack rolls, and a +1 love bonus to damage rolls.

Present is Now: The relationship has gone far enough to advance to what you both enjoy doing. You got to know each toher, now it is time to get to know yourself. Change yourself for the better, but don't change who you really are. For you can only be who you are in the end, and your partner must accept that.

The couple must do something extraordinary upon reaching this stage of the relationship. They have a week to do so. Failure to do so results in the loss of two levels in their relationship status. If the event is super special, and the DM deems it appropriate, they may gain a level.

Future is Near: It has been a long journey of understanding, pain, love and hope. You found out who you really are, you know what you are, now it is time to take that last step, and know who he/she really is. It is time to find your other half. Learn what he likes, loves dislikes and hates. Who does he admire, who was his idol? What happened that he is who he is? This goes for her too. To find your other half, you must spend time talking together. You must learn to enjoy each other's presence.

The couple must do something extraordinary upon reaching this stage of the relationship. They have a week to do so. Failure to do so results in the loss of three levels in their relationship status. If the event is super special, and the DM deems it appropriate, they may gain a level.

Here in My Heart: Is your heart calm? Beating fast? In turmoil? Any doubts that you have, you must get rid of. You are taking the final steps in the relationship and if you have doubts, you cannot love. Doubt leads to fear, fear to confusion, confusion to chaos, and chaos destroys love.

Starting at 16th level, the players are immune to charm effects.

Now and Forever: It is time to decide. Do you want kids? A home? Him? Her? These are the times to decide such things. Only you can truly understand how you feel and what you want. Will you take the chance?

Starting at 17th level, each player may reroll one failed attack roll or save. They must take the second roll, no matter the outcome. Can be used 1/day.

My Heart Belongs to You: Starting at 18th level, the relationship is complete. The couple is officially a couple, until death do they part. Upon reaching this spot, the relation has taken many turns, from understanding, love, passion, pain, anger, frustration, joy, despair, hope, knowledge, and peace. They have come to understand what it truly means to be in love.

At 18th level, the couple gains the benefits of Improved Evasion if they don't normall meet the prerequisties for it. This effect only works if the couple is near each other.

Also starting at 18th level, if their partner ever dies, due to it from illness, natural causes, or violence, the partner must make a DC 25 fort save or die themselves.

Pride, Honour, and Courage: Whenever an attack hits and deals damage to his partner, he may make an immediate action, which does not provoke attack of oppurtunities if in combat, to move at maximum double his base land speed to take the hit instead. This does not interfere with order of intiative, and combat goes on as normal, with him starting in an adjacent square. If the attack were to drop him below 0 hp, he instead remains at 1hp. Does not work with spells.

Mercy, Peace, and Hope: At 18th level, the partner may heal her own wounds (or someone elses). Each day, she can heal a total number of hitpoints equal to her character level x her wisdom modifer. This healing may be used all at once, or spread out consecutively. Doing so requires a standard action.

Love Knows No Bounds: You made it to the end and you wonder what it left now? Why the heavens of course (or hells). Starting at 20th level, both partners gain the benfits of having a half-celestial template (or half-fiendish if of evil alignment). They do not gain the spell-like abilities or the increase to skills points, nor do does the level adjustment apply.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-29, 06:01 PM
bump so i dont lose this.

Deathslayer7
2008-12-12, 05:47 PM
bump to stop me from losing it.

Deathslayer7
2008-12-21, 06:21 PM
another bump

thegurullamen
2008-12-21, 06:25 PM
Just bookmark it. And the forums aren't going to eat it before the contest is over.

Grey Paladin
2008-12-21, 06:29 PM
You win! Ultimate Homebrew! Less is more! To hell with my megapost projects! You win! This is like homebrew haiku!

You have pwned forums,
With your crazy homebrew skills,
A haiku for you.

A true homebrewer needs no mechanics!

I am disappointed in the later evolution of this thread: do not conform! fight the system! show the blind masses light! smite their ignorance with the magnificent glare of truth! YOURS IS THE POST THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

The Tygre
2009-01-27, 11:00 AM
A true homebrewer needs no mechanics!

I am disappointed in the later evolution of this thread: do not conform! fight the system! show the blind masses light! smite their ignorance with the magnificent glare of truth! YOURS IS THE POST THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

You just quoted something... I don't know what, but it sounds incredibly familiar. Shinji and Warhammer 40K maybe? If so, my hat's off to you, sir. His hand guides us all, indeed.

Seriously, I really like this homebrew, and I'm hoping it gets finished soon. I'm running a campaign where one of my characters has tiefling cleric who's in love with a paladin. I think this might add a certain flavor to the...complications I have planned. (Cue evil DM laughter.)

Lord Iames Osari
2009-01-28, 03:09 AM
That last bit is an almost-quote from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

The Tygre
2009-01-28, 10:54 AM
Ah, that would explain it. Shinji and Warhammer 40K make references to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann from time to time, not as much as Star Wars though. I think it's a jab at the original Evangelion.

horngeek
2009-01-29, 09:35 PM
Getsua Tenshou from Bleach (one of Ichigo's moves) translates to piercer of heaven.

Innis Cabal
2009-01-29, 10:55 PM
Ah, that would explain it. Shinji and Warhammer 40K make references to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann from time to time, not as much as Star Wars though. I think it's a jab at the original Evangelion.

You mean TTGL references those shows...right?

Looks good though I really think things like this should be left to RP.

The Tygre
2009-01-30, 03:19 AM
You mean TTGL references those shows...right?

No, I mean Shinji and Warhammer 40K references those shows. Which is actually more impressive than it sounds considering we're looking at a FanFic written with the blood of Christ and currently longer than the Odyssey.

Deathslayer7
2009-02-26, 06:49 PM
apprently i was yelled at to finish this, no names mentioned. *glares at the person above me*

Anyway. I'll try to finish it by the weekend. :smallsmile:

Deathslayer7
2009-03-01, 11:09 PM
ok guys. The last part for the couple is up. Will start the trio soon. probably by the next weekend. :smallbiggrin:

i promised, so here i giveith.