PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Quick, feat help!

arguskos
2008-11-16, 04:03 PM
Hey all, I just need some advice for a fire-themed caster. Trick is, he uses the Druid list and is a kobold. He has two free feats, and I don't know what to pick.

Advice? I'm thinking he should take Fiery Burst and Improved Initiative, just to keep it simple.

Thanks! If advice could come fairly quickly, that'd be excellent (this guy is needed for an emergency session today). :smallcool: Also, if you could provide sources for the feats, that'd be great.

SoD
2008-11-16, 04:06 PM
Elemental Spellcasting, pre-req: knowlege (the planes) 2 ranks. Choose 1 element (air, earth, fire or water). You cast spells with that discriptor at CL +1.

arguskos
2008-11-16, 04:07 PM
Where's that one from, SoD? Sorry, shoulda asked for sources, since I like to know where stuff comes from. /goestoedit

Flickerdart
2008-11-16, 04:12 PM
If you want to make an element-themed caster, and can stand not going Druid, then the Pyrokineticist psionic PrC (Expanded Psionics Handbook) and Wu-jen (Complete Arcane) are both perfect.

Then again, Druids are much more powerful, what with the Wildshape and the animal companion.

arguskos
2008-11-16, 04:18 PM
The NPC isn't really a druid, he merely has druid spellcasting (long story).

Normally, I would dig Pyrokineticist too (love that PrC), but it's not good here, what with him being fairly low level (level 4) and not being a psion. I just need one more feat for the guy. But thanks!

Rad
2008-11-16, 04:29 PM
How about the fire reserve feat?
Fiery Burst (C. Mage)
You can spam Xd6 damage on 2x2 squares, where X is the level of your highest fire spell available. Uses a standard action.
Moreover you have +1CL for fire spells.

looks fitting to me...

SilentNight
2008-11-16, 04:33 PM
Elemental Spellcasting, pre-req: knowlege (the planes) 2 ranks. Choose 1 element (air, earth, fire or water). You cast spells with that discriptor at CL +1.

Planar Handbook.