PDA

View Full Version : Your characters crowing moment of awesome

Lostintransit
2008-11-16, 07:02 PM
Hi playgrounders,

This very evening I witnessed our party rogue, in game and character, sing the hedgehog song.... while at a prince's noble dinner! Better still the stunned silence turned into side splitting laughter from the host as he demanded his fool learn the song!

So what are your experiences with your own or others Crowing moment of awesome! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrowningMomentOfAwesome)

Regards

gibbo88
2008-11-16, 07:14 PM
One of my favorite moments/most annoying moments was when the DM rolled the Terrasque.....3 times in a gaming session. The plan? Using the barbarian as a pack mule.

monty
2008-11-16, 07:15 PM
I dove into a mob of enemies with a barrel of some kind of alcohol-based substance strapped to my back and cast Fireball, centered on myself. I think the DM estimated something on the order of 300d6 for the enemies adjacent to me. Most epic death ever.

shadow_archmagi
2008-11-16, 07:17 PM
Oh, that'll have to be the time my sorc/artificer managed to take down a golem. Thank you, grease, fog, and black tentacles. You might be immune to magic, but you arn't immune to falling down and crushed by giant tentacles.

"Okay, now roll a grapple check to see if you break the pin. Now roll to see if you escape the grapple. Your golem blows his move action standing up. Now roll to see if the tentacles grapple you. Now roll to see if you fall over because you're standing in grease. Okay, you won all those checks. You get to move five feet."

Celeres
2008-11-18, 01:27 AM
when the groups hulking hurler threw my dwarf at a pixie in the air to grapple with it, then proceeded to throw his magic log at us (i had over 100 hp, i was ok)

MustacheFart
2008-11-18, 01:53 AM
My crowning moment of awesomeness? That'd have to be when I secrety and ironically betrayed my party in a previous campaign.

I was on first watch with my Orc Bear Warrior/Warshaper just inside a cave at night when a Dragon appears in close distance. I do the following:

1) Yell in an Orcish scream, "FOR GRUUMSH!!!"

2) I charge at it with my +5 Vorpal Falchion (Party dumped all their money on getting me a weapon after I JUST joined them since I had to reroll due to my last character becoming evil rofl...)!

3) I roll a nat 20 and cut its head off! ROFL

4) I find its lair nearby and go back to our cave to get portable hole

5) I fill bag of holding with Dragon's loot and head to town to sell

I made off with over 250,000 gold lol. The DM figured I'd wake the rest of the party but I is Orc! Me on first watch! I guard punies in cave! Me charge! Me kill! Me deserve loot! I had a 6 wisdom rofl.

Even funnier? Every member of the party failed there listen saves to wake up when I yelled! The person from whome I took the portable hole failed to wake up!

I then came back the next morning covered in awesome stuff! They were like, "WTF?" I told them, "Me go killing while you sleep! Me get in practice!" None of it a lie, I didn't have to make a bluff check.

The funniest thing is they thought I'd be there BFF I guess since they thought I owed them for getting me such a great weapon...rofl I'm an orc! You give me a weapon...then I beat you with it!

Needless to say, they didn't let me take watch anymore after that...at least not alone!

Naleh
2008-11-18, 02:26 AM
The most awesome moment I've had (barring those that were moments for the whole party) was actually in my first combat ever.

It was an ongoing campaign, so I started at level 7. We got attacked by a frost worm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/frostWorm.htm) - that's CR 12.

It opened with its Trill, stunning half the party. My character, who by the way was a human barbarian with 10 Wis, passed the Will save with not a point to spare.

After firing an arrow to no effect, I raged and charged the thing, taking an AoO. The worm used its frost breath on some of my allies. I full-attacked. The worm bit me. I full-attacked again. The worm continued to bite me. I full-attacked again. I cleaved the worm's skull in half. The worm exploded.

So, after nearly being eaten by the frost worm, and then taking a pretty massive explosion from point blank range, I stagger away on 2HP... while in rage. Without rage, I'd be at -12.

I had to wander around attacking shards of ice to maintain my rage until the cleric realised I was supposed to be dead. :smalleek:

Kuma Da
2008-11-18, 02:49 AM
Okay, so this one takes a little explanation. The game in question was a completely homebrewed post-apocalyptic setting, but that isn't so important. The philosophy behind the game is. It was designed so that they players could come up with utterly ridiculous character concepts and play them without breaking the system.

Naturally, I made Alphonso Juliano Esteban Arana, the Manrantula. Half-man. Half-tarantula. He had a day job as a Mexican masked wrestler, and he believed very religiously in strength, honor, and quadruple uppercuts to the head.

The following exchange occurred while our party was fighting a pack of moa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moa). The game was played over AIM chat...

DM: Alfonso. You're up.
Me: (now...it is on)
Me: *Alphonso stares deep, beady hatred into the moa birds eyes*
Me: "Now, we shall settle a little matter of the biology, my friend."
Me: "And all those years in which your ancestors preyed upon mine."
Me: "Today...today marks a turning point..."
Me: "And the birth of a new art..."
Me: "Moa rodeo."
Me: *Alphonso charges the moa, grabs it by its flexible, yet supple neck and attempts to swing up onto its back*
Me: *chittering madly the entire time*
DM: you succeed in becoming the first ever manrantula luchador to ride a moa... congrats

All of this happened while Alphonso's theme song, "Eye of the Tiger", was playing.

xanaphia
2008-11-18, 03:00 AM
At level one, my party found an orc dungeon in a set of caves. There was this archer type trap -can't remember the name, but it was CR 5- and our ranger asked the DM if he could shoot to disable it.

DM: "Okay, but you'll need a twenty."

He rolled a twenty. We took the trap away, sold it for 2500 gp at level 1 in a 4 character party.

Then we went back to the orcs. and spent two days examining the mountain for other exits. We found none.

Then we bough a hell of a lot of oil, poured it into the orc cave, set it on fire, and started a huge bonfire directly outside the exit.

Most of the orcs died of carbon dioxide poisoning. Some more died from us massacring them as they fled the cave. We won the adventure, and got a hell of a lot of gold.

NeoVid
2008-11-18, 03:26 AM
Some sort of necromancer has my character and his ex-wife imprisoned in a back room. The BBEG cuts her throat in front of him. My character, a middle-aged repairman, goes into a fury, gets an exceptional success at breaking out of his restraints and rips the pipe he's tied to right out of the wall, then tackles the necromancer, pins him to the ground and tries to stab him with his own knife. With the necro driving his fingers into my character's chest just like in Temple of Doom, over several turns I manage to drive his own knife into his heart.

I had one health level left untouched.

The wife lived, since I got the gash in her neck taped over in time for SWAT medics to show up.

....It was especially memorable due to the epic fail moment by the rest of the party at the same time: In the next room, the homeless crook and the spec ops gunman were getting their asses handed to them by the necro's most trusted minion... a fashion designer.

Ceaon
2008-11-18, 04:42 AM
I was playing a psion in a campaign where magic and psionics were seperate systems and psionics were extremely rare. She (my character) was weaker than the rest of the party (deliberately, she was a lower level and selected mostly non-combat spells). The most she had contributed to a fight was a Crystal Shard or two.

Then, when the party was in a hurry, we encountered another adventuring group who we defeated earlier in a long, dragged out fight. They said they had trained and were going to beat us now.

My character steps up, and they laugh. "What are you gonna do? Last time, you stood there in the back crying for your mommy."
I cast levitate, and roll a natural 20 on the following bluff check:
"Fools! I let you go your way last time, but I have had enough! You do not mess with the entities from beyond this realm! Are you sure you want to take on a Godess just because of some pity spite?"

The adventuring party's wizard uses spellcraft.
Fighter: "She's flying. Is that magic?"
Wizard: "No."
Rogue: "Yeah, we're outta here."

After that, most of my own teammates started doubting whether I was just some psion girl, or really an avatar or deity of some sort... :smallamused:

Decoy69
2008-11-18, 07:07 AM
My (unoptimised) Cleric of Boccob. Clr9/Brb1/Wiz1 being repeatedly sneak attacked/fighting the party rogue and simultaneously, singlehandedly assaulting a CR 14 fortress.
All without any healing spells due to him choosing to have spontaneous infliction spells. He burnt every spell he had, but he lived.
And THAT'S why he's called Jorg the Indestructable. :smallbiggrin:

OverdrivePrime
2008-11-18, 07:43 AM
My favorite system by far, is Immortal. When I got to college, my new friends there and I started playing, and kept going in the same game world for about seven or eight years. The idea behind it is that you were playing yourself, except awakened to the fact that you were basically a weak godling, who had hidden itself for the last several hundred years by moving its soul from human to human. Finally you awaken and attempt to reclaim your true potential. My character was from a group of fire-based immortals, and generally acted like a knight errant. Eventually, my renown as a meddlesome do-gooder began to climb, and more and more powerful enemies began to plot against me and my gang.
One of the best battles took place after we instituted what we called "anime battle aura chart" (a scale of increasing bonuses that accumulated depending on how much your enemy had humiliated you, made your life suck, hurt the people you love, or threatened life, the universe and everything). You could use the anime chart bonus just once per enemy, and we had used it a couple times prior for a nice infusion of flavor.

That day we were helping (our enemy) the Archangel Gabriel (Christopher Walken) fight against an elder dragon from one of the far-flung dimensions that had actually been responsible for the kidnapping of and experimentation on my character's then-girlfriend. One by one, the dragon knocked out my guy's friends, and was beating pretty bad on ol' Chris Walken. My guy had taken a terrific hit, but eventually managed to get up and shake off some of the severity of the wound (just one health box left). Managing a simple flight spell, my dude rocketed skyward, until I was about a mile up. I then piked, and plunged down toward the battle, my soul-infused greatsword glowing blue with the heat of my own rage.

Breaking out the anime chart, I recounted the numerous way the dragon had wronged me, everyone I cared about, and the universe at large. My normal bonus to hit was a (pretty darn good) +12. As badly hurt as my character was, he was down to a +2. With the full wrath of my anime chart bonuses, that skyrocketed to a +30! To top that, I rolled a natural 9 (highest possible roll in that game) to strike, and rolled well to calculate trajectory and also shrug off the pain of a couple near-lethal wounds.

Radiating righteous fury like a tiny blue sun, I gave a fearsome battle howl as I struck out with my last remaining might. Like the almighty hammer of dawn blasting into an ice sculpture made of shadows, my enchanted sword, Dönnersleid, clove into the top of the dragon's skull hard enough to create a shockwave that flattened the forest for a mile around us! The tainted dragon split in two, and then was consumed by blue fire... but not before completely soiling Gabriel's battle clothes with nasty dragony ichor.

Gabriel, also in no shape to continue to fight, gave me an amazed and considering look before dimension shifting away. I ran to my friends and got the healer back on his feet again, got the rest of the party healed again, and then began happily planning a trip to raid the blazes out of the dragon's lair. That adventure was considerably easier. :smallamused:

ReluctantDragon
2008-11-18, 08:36 AM
That day we were helping (our enemy) the Archangel Gabriel (Christopher Walken)

This. This is what has made my day. This statement, this happenstance makes me want to be witness to this game. I will forever regret not being able to witness this firsthand.

That is all.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-11-18, 08:51 AM
Escaping from what was otherwise a Total Party Kill by riding on the back of a flying gnome down the mountainside while wielding a flaming sword.

arguskos
2008-11-18, 08:54 AM
My moment?

Riding a purple worm (Dune-style) through a mountain into a cavern of MORE purple worms. Eventually, the whole party had purple worms of their own, which we then lead to war. We became called the Company of the Worm, and it was AWESOME.

DrizztFan24
2008-11-18, 09:45 AM
That sounds absolutely fan-freaking-tastic....I have always wanted to play a Dune style game with Worms....

arguskos
2008-11-18, 09:48 AM
We weren't supposed to capture the purple worm, it was just something for us to kill... but I was a wizard with more strength than I knew what to do with, and some defensive buffs, so I took my chances.

We later tamed the worms with magic, and taught them riding tricks! *sniff* I miss that character...

DigoDragon
2008-11-18, 10:14 AM
Recently my human cleric was able to stare down a group of 20 lizardfolk and use Diplomacy to convince them the let the party pass without a fight. I didn't use any magic* nor did I roll a skill check for it-- I managed to propose a convincing argument that the GM couldn't refute. :smallsmile:

*Not that I could use magic, I was out of spells and despite being 5th level, I have no magic items whatsoever.

Heliomance
2008-11-18, 10:52 AM
My moment?

Riding a purple worm (Dune-style) through a mountain into a cavern of MORE purple worms. Eventually, the whole party had purple worms of their own, which we then lead to war. We became called the Company of the Worm, and it was AWESOME.

Reminds me of a one-shot I played in a while back. We stayed overnight in a purple worm's cave. We failed the checks to realise this was the case. The purple worm came back home in the morning. We'd levelled up overnight. The sorceror had taken charm monster. The purple worm failed its will save.

arguskos
2008-11-18, 11:07 AM
Indeed Heliomance, that's pretty excellent. We actually used a dominate monster spell the DM let me create at lower levels, provided it only functioned on purple worms, so we managed to ensnare them for days at a time. (Nice DM was being nice, since we were only like level 12!)

Zenos
2008-11-18, 11:23 AM
Me, a 5th level NE spellcaster/IC bard, and my (admittedly fairly large) party were fighting a CR 10 white dragon, in a core-only game. It bluffed us that it was asleep and surprised us by blasting the rogue hard with it's ice breath. Then some fiddling with our many melee fighters ensued. Then my bards turn came, and since all my characters know Draconic, I shouted that I was going to summon a greater fire elemental. It became nervous, and thanks to my good bluff roll it managed to fail its will save to notice the illusion I cast was just that, an illusion. Then, when it's turn came, it blasted it with another of its ice breaths. It must have felt pretty stupid when it saw the illusion just disappear in a puff of smoke and light. It had just wasted a Full Action and special attack blasting a first level spell. Then I cast rage, whilst the partys barbarians and fighters hacked it to bits.
The partys sorcerer was mainly focused on blasting, and we had no cleric, so it was my bard who did battlefield control and healing.

loopy
2008-11-18, 11:23 AM
My level 7 rogue falls through a trapdoor into a CR7 black dragons lair. While the rest of the party frantically tries to find a way to get me out, my rogue holds the dragon off with rapier and searing wand (not to mention a whole lot of screaming and barely passed reflex saves).

Just as the party open the grating in the roof, my rogue uses improved feint: "Your sister sends her regards*." Dragon fails save. My Rogue gets a critical hit with his wand, and rolls '6' on 12 out of the 15d6 he rolled for damage.

The dragon ended up on -46 hp, and fell to the ground in a smoking pile as the party looked on, stunned.

My rogue: "You realise as you guys didn't help me at all with this, I get all the loot, right?"

Best haul ever. :smallbiggrin:

*We'd killed her previously.

BRC
2008-11-18, 11:27 AM
I was playing a psion in a campaign where magic and psionics were seperate systems and psionics were extremely rare. She (my character) was weaker than the rest of the party (deliberately, she was a lower level and selected mostly non-combat spells). The most she had contributed to a fight was a Crystal Shard or two.

Then, when the party was in a hurry, we encountered another adventuring group who we defeated earlier in a long, dragged out fight. They said they had trained and were going to beat us now.

My character steps up, and they laugh. "What are you gonna do? Last time, you stood there in the back crying for your mommy."
I cast levitate, and roll a natural 20 on the following bluff check:
"Fools! I let you go your way last time, but I have had enough! You do not mess with the entities from beyond this realm! Are you sure you want to take on a Godess just because of some pity spite?"

The adventuring party's wizard uses spellcraft.
Fighter: "She's flying. Is that magic?"
Wizard: "No."
Rogue: "Yeah, we're outta here."

After that, most of my own teammates started doubting whether I was just some psion girl, or really an avatar or deity of some sort... :smallamused:

Winnar!

My character in the last campaign once had his army of hobgoblins attack a city while he and the rest of the party broke in the Grand temple of Pelor, Killed some solars while our Death Knight used a rune given to him by his god to desecrate the temple into a Temple of Nerull. We then killed the High priest of said temple, and destroyed the statue of Pelor (Turned out to be a stone collossus). I then had my forces heard the people into the town square where I made a speech. The people then declared the city a democracy and elected me Leader- For Life. Epic Campaigns are fun!

Satyr
2008-11-18, 11:43 AM
After a long and not very succesful battle against a sheer endless number of militia warriors, our group was heavily pressed, Every character was injured - we played Gurps, so an injury was actually significant - and we were tired, had almost ammunition left and only one chance to come out of this alive - when our sorceress would be able to summon an earth elemental to open a tunnel for us. Unfortunately, the summoning required a ritual which would at least take 10 to 15 minutes. My character, one of the party's fighters, had a broken arm, the other one was barely conscious and was slowly bleeding to death. The fourth memberoof the group was a thief and archer who was mostly worthless in melee and could only hobble. So, my character took his bastard sword with one hand (he was used to fight with two hands, so that was going to make a last stand to buy the others the time to flee. Alone, with one broken arm, a badly fitting weapon and no fatigue to burn left, I waited for the attack and fought against seven adequate, but not great warriors. Always two enemies came at my characterat a time (because I wouldn't be able to swing my sword in a narrower passage) and was eager to kill my character. No attacker survived.
The image of this fight was extremely gritty and heroic or heroic² becausee there is no heroism without blood, sweat and crippling injuries): A hard laughing, bleeding maniac in a nearly ruined chain hauberk, with a limb arm on his right side and a badly balanced sword in the left hand killed singlehandedly crippled and killed six militia warriors, everyone better armed, better equipped and neither injured nor tired within a singel minute. A single good hit would have knocked me unconscious or worse, but still, I beat them and let the last one run.

The same character also killed a wyvern with a lucky shot of his crossbow, killed an enemy in single combat with his teeth and strangled the sorcerer who had incinerated him with a spell while he was still burning. Ansds I am only playing him for three months or so...

Nerd-o-rama
2008-11-18, 01:41 PM
My Paladin once took down about five incarnations of the same lich in one fight (he was cheating and using time travel). With a baseball bat.

kladams707
2008-11-18, 02:24 PM
My cleric beat the gruusalugg through melee and only one buff spell: mgc wpn greater..

Obscurejones
2008-11-18, 02:37 PM
My Barbarian had become a sore point for the DM. I was dealing more damage than the Evoker in the party and had escaped a series of dungeons designed for high level Rouges.

He sent a Marut to kill my level 13 character. I won initiative. Killed it in one round. Wore it's head as a helmet for the rest of the campaign.

Shishnarfne
2008-11-18, 02:58 PM
Near the start of a campaign we had as a group been captured and a high-ranking captor was monologing to my character about why he should switch sides. On a balcony, with his back turned to me. While I was unrestrained.

I don't think that the DM had planned for us to stage a prison break.
I also expected someone outside the building to notice the falling man... I think that's the only time I've ever used a bullrush.

JadedDM
2008-11-18, 02:59 PM
I was playing the 2E module "Cleric's Challenge." I had a level 2 halfling cleric of Pelor. So using my innate halfling stealth, I had sneaked into the cemetery and found a wight who was systematically draining helpless villagers, one-by-one, that his zombie servants had captured.

So here I am, totally outclassed. I'm only level 2 and have no magical weapons; just a couple of vials of holy water. What do I do, what do I do?

Taking a chance, I get as close as I can, then shout out and chuck a vial of holy water at the wight. He turns to the sound of my voice and I nail him right in the face (natural 20). Instant kill.

I bragged about that one for days.

Lycan 01
2008-11-18, 03:07 PM
Father Gregory, my pacifist Catholic Priest in 1920's Call of Cthulhu, found himself in a rather bad situation.

He was in Innsmouth... he had gotten seperated from the rest of the Investigators... and he had just busted up into the Order of Dagon, shotgun in hand, in an attempt to save a kidnapped college student.

My luck was as up-and-down as always. I kicked in the back door, and nearly tripped over the kid. I also managed to surprise the Deep One Hybrid guard, who was armed with a handgun. Father Gregory, the pacifist Catholic Priest, who preached love and peace, knew what had to be done. He rushed at the Hybird, placed the double-barrel shotgun to his stomach, and use him as a human silencer. :smallbiggrin:

Then a Deep One and another Hybrid barged into the room, both armed with .38 revolvers. :smalleek:

Father Gregory, to everyone's shock, passed his Sanity Check, and only lost 1 Sanity for seeing a freaking SEA MONSTER POINTING A GUN AT HIM. In fact, this led to Father Gregory's Crowning Moment of Awesome.

Father Gregory raises his shotgun, aimed it at the Deep One, and as though possessed by the Wrath of God Himself screamed: "GO BACK TA HELL WITH YE, YE ABOMINATION UNTO GOD!!!!!!"

The room was suddenly deafened by a shotgun blast, and everything from the Deep One's diaphragm up was reduced to a cloud of fertilizer.

Unfortunately, the Hybrid succeeded his Handgun roll before I could reload. :smallfrown:

However, Father Gregory, in all his awesomeness, survived a point blank .38 bullet to the chest. He found himself on the floor, his left clavical snapped in half, and his left scapula shattered to bits. Unable to use his left arm, Father Gregory reached out with his right hand, grabbed his shotgun, and broke it open. Quickly removing one shell, he jammed a new one in there, and began to struggle to close the gun again.

The next few seconds would determine who lived or died. If the Hyrbid succeeded his next roll, the Holy Man would be put down execution style. If he failed, Father Gregory would have the shotgun reloaded by his next turn, and no doubt miss with a 160% chance due to range modifiers and stuff.

But that 160% chance to hit never came into play.......

Because just when the Hybrid leveled his pistol at me, the door flew open, 2 of my friends busted up in there, and the Hybrid's face was erased from existance by a .38 bullet and a pair of .45 ACP rounds.

Father Gregory now resides in Arkham, where he still helps to combat the forces of evil when not preaching to his congregation. :smallsmile:

Starbuck_II
2008-11-18, 03:13 PM
Father Gregory, my pacifist Catholic Priest in 1920's Call of Cthulhu, found himself in a rather bad situation.

Father Gregory now resides in Arkham, where he still helps to combat the forces of evil when not preaching to his congregation. :smallsmile:

Did the Father get to the hospital first? That was pretty gruesome.

Vagnarok
2008-11-18, 03:21 PM
I was a playing an elven 2wiz/6ranger/2 arcane archer character that somehow had acquired boots of speed and a mighty +4 composite longbow and 2 rings of jumping.

My DMing friend was getting frustrated with us slaughtering all of his encounters (he's the one who let us get that damn equipment!) and he put us up against a fairly powerful wizard. The first thing the wizard did against us was cast wall of air/wind/whatever. Then, because I had gotten 2nd in initiative, I rolled a natural 20 on my jump check and leaped over the wall, during the massive jump I used a full attack action plus rapid shot and plugged his face full of arrows before he could even realize what was going on! The critical hit didn't help the guy out either. He died in a single round.

The DM ruled that it was OK to take a full attack because jumping requires about as much concentration and time as a 5 foot step.

Lycan 01
2008-11-18, 03:26 PM
Did the Father get to the hospital first? That was pretty gruesome.

Oh yes, of course! He now has a rather nice gunshot wound scar on his left shoulder to match the one on his right shoulder, which is there due to his backstory. (The Russian Revolution was not kind to Father Gregory...)

Artanis
2008-11-18, 03:40 PM
The closest any of my characters have come to a crowning moment of awesome was, incidentally, the same moment that I posted in the "dethroning moments of suck" thread, only from the other side of the screen:

It was my first Exalted campaign, and for the first time that campaign, we ran into an Abyssal. Not a normal Abyssal, mind you. Not the emo, everybody-literally-has-to-die-to-feel-my-pain Abyssal, but a seriously badass concept. He had been a glassblower in life, and when the people of his village found out he had helped another Abyssal, they executed him by pouring molten glass down his throat. So what we were up against was an enemy who had half his torso completely gone, with the hole lined with black glass. The charms that would normally make things out of bone and whatnot instead made things out of glass that he pulled out of his stomach. Literally.

The circle was a Dawn, an Eclipse, a Night, a Twilight, and my character, another Dawn named Danni, who wielded a Grand Daiklave. The fight went something like this:

ST: OK, roll JB.
*everybody rolls*
ST: Looks like Danni's up first on tick 1. Go ahead and go.
Me: Alright. *Stunt*, that's my 'Shatterstrike' combo, four attacks from Peony Blossom, with Hungry Tiger and one mote's worth of Fire and Stones Strike on each.
ST: +2 on the stunt. Roll it.
Me: *rolls the attacks* How'd it do?
ST: DV starts at 7, so three hits. What's the pre-soak damage?
Me: Uh....just a second. *calculates for a moment* Between the three attacks, a total of sixty-eight lethal, with piercing.
*awkward silence*
Eclipse: Good god.
Me: I...uh...
ST: ...
Me: ...oops?
Eclipse: You did give him a perfect defense, right?
ST: ******* *** **** *** **** ***** ** ****

Callos_DeTerran
2008-11-18, 03:54 PM
"GO BACK TA HELL WITH YE, YE ABOMINATION UNTO GOD!"

This has become my new quote of the day. I might just sig this. :smallbiggrin:

As for my own crowning moments of awesome I can only think of one specific one at the moment...

We were doing a siege type affair for that entire game with modified experience and leveling (I think we leveled up for every day we survived, sometimes more then once). On the inside was a princess (The king was killed right before the game started), a whole bunch of commoners, some soldiers, and the princess's Knights (The PC's, and note the capital 'K'). On the outside was a monster army of huge proportions with orcs, ogres, trolls, giants, even a flight of red dragons. Essentially we were to handle the 'big' enemies while the soldiers handled the fodder.

Well..close to the end of the campaign the monstrous army came up with the tactic of feather falling troops into the castle with alchemist's fire from the back of the last remaining red dragon and once all the troops were off the dragon and it's rider attacked as well. The party monk and myself (a Devoted Spirit crusader) ascended to the tallest tower of the castle because reports of goblins up there had reached us, and for the record the princess was in that tower for safety's purposes. Once we got to the top we found no troops but saw the dragon in one of the castle gardens down below. With only one look the monk steps back and takes a running jump off of the three hundred foot tall tower to kick the dragon in the spine, wanting to use momentum to give him some extra umpfh. Long story short he did but broke both of his legs and was reduced to about ten hp with an angry Adult+ dragon focused on him.

My character then began to taunt the dragon and the rider, long enough for the monk to limp away to safety, but when the dragon came up I drained all of my constitution but one to nail it with one massive strike before it angerily flattened me to the ground. Six seconds later, after it had heard my heartbeat stop, my character stands up from the small crater he found himself in, brushes the rubble off his armor, and raises his maul into the air to roar, "VENGEANCE FOR THE KING!" and crushed the dragon's skull in and totally healing himself in the process. Only then did one of the other party members notice we were being scried the entire time so the enemy would have known our tactics. That could not have looked good to the enemy's general to see a dead man stand up and crush in the head of their last dragon. :smallbiggrin:

Katrascythe
2008-11-18, 03:59 PM
Another member of my part used battering ram to shoot a Warforged into the air to go after a manticore that was trying to kill us all (it was late and the DM has stopped caring, which is how we got away with this). The Warforged missed the manticore so my character used telekinesis to vault him back up into the air. The Warforged impaled the manticore using the spikes on his armour. We were happy, the DM facepalmed.

John Campbell
2008-11-18, 05:02 PM
I killed a wyvern outright with a head butt, while it was carrying me in its claws some thirty feet in the air, and then rode its corpse into the ground and rolled away undamaged.

Improved Unarmed Strike + Telling Blow + confirmed 20 on the attack roll + 5s and 6es on my Sneak Attack dice = win.

The same character had earlier punched out an otyugh under similar circumstances.