PDA

View Full Version : The Paranormal Investigator Warlock

Maerok
2008-11-17, 12:26 AM
I've been looking over the warlock and he seems to be the most apt to follow the paranormal investigator style. Detect magic, at will, along with a host of sensory powers and UMD/magic item aptitudes make him fit the roll perfectly. Even by focusing in non-combat invocations, he's still got eldritch blast.

Picking warlock invocations is simple enough, but what feats do you think would be good for a character like this (think Constantine)?

Maybe ToM's witch hunter PrC for good measure.

RTGoodman
2008-11-17, 12:31 AM
Just off the top of my head, I think the Knowledge Devotion feat from Complete Scoundrel gives you some bonuses against foes when you make a Knowledge check about them in combat.

I'd also point out the Archivist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=3) class, which seems like it's what you're looking for, but it's not even close to Warlock. Also, multiclassing with it could be bad, since it'd make you really MAD with the need for Int and/or Wis on top of your Dex and Cha for Warlock.

Maerok
2008-11-17, 12:52 AM
Meh, Warlock/Archivist/Eldritch Disciple is an item crafting fiend.

Stupendous_Man
2008-11-17, 12:52 AM
Invocation: Otherwordly Whispers: +6 bonus on K. Arc, K. Religion, K. Planes

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-17, 12:54 AM
Meh, Warlock/Archivist/Eldritch Disciple is an item crafting fiend.Does Archivist get Turn Undead?

Maerok
2008-11-17, 12:54 AM
Oh. Hmm. I guess not.