PDA

View Full Version : List of 3.5e books

DM_of_the_Lazy
2008-11-17, 04:00 AM
I'm looking for a list of 3.5e books, I have a bunch but I don't have them all and I would like to see what ones I am missing so if anyone can help me out by sending me a list of 3.5 or linking me to a list of them online that would be awesome

thanks for the help

Eldariel
2008-11-17, 04:25 AM
Well, quick list of native 3.5 Wizards-published non-setting non-adventure books:

Player's Handbook
Player's Handbook II
Dungeon Master's Guide
Dungeon Master's Guide II
Monster Manual
Monster Manual III
Monster Manual IV
Monster Manual V (MMII is not 3.5 and thus does not make this list)

Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Champion
Complete Divine
Complete Mage
Complete Psionic
Complete Scoundrel
Complete Warrior

Races of Destiny
Races of the Dragon
Races of Stone
Races of the Wild

Expanded Psionics Handbook
Magic of Incarnum
Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords
Tome of Magic
Weapons of Legacy

Cityscape
Dungeonscape

Frostburn
Sandstorm
Stormwrack
Planar Handbook

Book of Exalted Deeds (BoVD is not 3.5 and thus does not make this list)

Draconomicon: The Book of Dragons
Dragon Magic
(Drow of the Underdark - it's not technically listed as a Forgotten Realms-supplement, but since that's the only settings where Underdark exists...)
Elder Evils
Exemplars of Evil
Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss
Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells (Fiend Folio is 3.0)
Libris Mortis: The Book of Undead
Lords of Madness

Miniatures Handbook (arguable)
Heroes of Battle
Heroes of Horror

Magic Item Compendium
Rules Compendium
Spell Compendium
Unearthed Arcana

Iku Rex
2008-11-17, 04:54 AM
The underdark is not Forgotten Realms specific. Greyhawk (default 3rd edition setting) has a drow-filled underdark as well.

You forgot Races of Eberron. Officially, it is not an Eberron supplement.

Fiend Folio deserves mention as "3.25". There's a 3.5 update here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a). (Also has a 3.5 update for MMII.)

Eldariel
2008-11-17, 04:56 AM
The underdark is not Forgotten Realms specific. Greyhawk (default 3rd edition setting) has a drow-filled underdark as well.

You forgot Races of Eberron. Officially, it is not an Eberron supplement.

Fiend Folio deserves mention as "3.25". There's a 3.5 update here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a). (Also has a 3.5 update for MMII.)

There's a 3.5 update for the majority of 3.0 material. I only noted the ones that were logical additions to listed books and might raise eyebrows (such as MMII in the MM-series, BoVD next to BoED and Fiend Folio next to Fiendish Codexes). My bad on DoTU - I've never played Greyhawk.

Iku Rex
2008-11-17, 05:20 AM
There's a 3.5 update for the majority of 3.0 material.(Not really, unless you count Player's Guide to Faerun.)

I only noted the ones that were logical additions to listed books and might raise eyebrows (such as MMII in the MM-series, BoVD next to BoED and Fiend Folio next to Fiendish Codexes).Fiend Foilo is in a separate category as "3.25" because it was published after the 3.5 rules were more or less finished. It incorporates some of the new rules.

Savage Species is also "3.25", and WotC counts it as 3.5 in the 3.5 FAQ. It seems more firmly 3.0 than FF though, IMO.

Eldariel
2008-11-17, 06:06 AM
(Not really, unless you count Player's Guide to Faerun.)

I've got the following on my computer:
Core
Deities and Demigods
Epic Level Handbook
Fiend Folio
Manual of the Planes
Monster Manual II

Iku Rex
2008-11-17, 06:35 AM
I've got the following on my computer:
Core
Deities and Demigods
Epic Level Handbook
Fiend Folio
Manual of the Planes
Monster Manual IIThe core books don't really have an update as such. They have "overviews" of changes. I don't consider "we changed X - buy the new books to find out how" an update.

And there's no (free) update for

Defenders of the Faith
Masters of the Wild
Song and Silence
Sword and Fist
Tome and Blood

Arms and Equipment Guide
Book of Challenges
Book of Vile Darkness
Enemies and Allies
Ghostwalk
Hero Builder's Guidebook
Oriental Adventures
Psionics Handbook
Stronghold Builder's Guidebook

Not to mention adventures.

Even if you remove the books where 3.0 or 3.5 doesn't matter that much, my list is still longer than yours. :smalltongue:

hamishspence
2008-11-17, 08:27 AM
I think Ghostwalk got an online update on WOTC.

Fiendish Codexes 1 and 2, Exemplars of Evil, Heroes of Horror, Champions of Ruin, Player's Guide to Faerun, contain a lot of normally Vile content- a sort-of update- a reprint of old material with the new rules, in many cases.

Sadly, Shadow Demons never got true update.