PDA

View Full Version : The Champions of Miami (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-17, 07:56 PM
On a darkened street in Liberty City, two unusual individuals have crossed paths. Having trounced a pair of street thugs intent on doing them harm, they are left in the aftermath with more questions than answers.

[OOC: Psiclops and Ms. Liberty are up.]

Lex-Kat
2008-11-17, 08:07 PM
Marissa is out of costume at the moment. She wasn't expecting this. She's wearing a maroon coloered, basic dress. Her normally brown hair is colored red. And she has a gun pointed at one of two thugs.

Her Black `99 Trans-Am is parked just down the street.
============================

Marissa starts to pull her arm back to hit him in the head. Her fist hardening to a diamond density. But then she lowers it.

Lay down, and put your hands on your head. She will begin to call the cops.

She looks over to the other 'freak'. Who are you? What are you doing here?

Wiz
2008-11-17, 08:11 PM
Psiclops

The floating, glowing figure in the workman's coverall and cap gestures and the blue force that has snagged the man's gun deposits it up on top of the van. He turns slowly, one hand holding a pencil between his thumb and forefinger, and the other hand has a clipboard. It looks rather like super-delivery-guy is here. He nods to the woman. "Nice trick with the arms. You seem very... flexible!" He smiles. "I'm called Psiclops."

(OOC: He pronounces it sigh-clops, just like the classical monster.)

Lex-Kat
2008-11-17, 08:33 PM
She blushes. Call me.... Liberty. Were you delivering a package to someone, Psiclops?

Wiz
2008-11-18, 07:13 PM
Psiclops

The figure comes down to the ground and the glowing aura flickers away. He lowers the brim of his cap slightly, making it difficult to make out his features which seem average caucasian. His skin is slightly on the pale side and the hair under the cap might be a dirty blonde color. "Stakeout actually." He glances at the gang member, "I overheard that a hype seller might be here tonight and I was looking to see what I could find. It seems likely that these gang-bangers here are involved."

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-18, 09:16 PM
The conscious thug pipes up at the mention of their apparent involvement in illicit activities.

"I didn't do nothin'. You can't prove sh*t. I was just wanderin' round my own neighborhood, mindin' my own bi'ness. You jacked my boy, o'er dere, and I was just tryin' to look out for one of my own. There ain't no drugs here, less you brought 'em wit you. You freaks ain't got nothin' on nobody."

Lex-Kat
2008-11-18, 09:37 PM
Really? Marissa pulls the recording out from her shirt.

She presses play. It should play everything said, starting from the point when she got behind the van and started listening up to the point when she said, "Really?"

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-19, 12:16 AM
The thug looked shocked for a moment, and then chuckled to himself in a low tone.

"Girl, you ain't got nothin' but my boy sayin' he don't know you, and Looney-Toons over there grandstandin'. Ain't at-miss-aple, no way. Yall ain't got nothin'. Cops won't even take me in, an' if so, I'll be out tomorrow night in time to watch the game. I'll help ya put that tape player back where you got it, though."

Wiz
2008-11-19, 01:25 AM
Psiclops

Psiclops purses his lips as the tape is playing, he watches the man on the ground.

Go ahead and see if I can relink to this guys mind (quietly) and read his surface thoughts or deeper. Ego Attack Roll: [roll0]

Lex-Kat
2008-11-19, 05:21 AM
Marissa grumbles and puts the recorder away in her purse. She aims the gun back at the loud mouth thug. What's to stop me from just shooting you and calling it a night? I've already changed my fingerprints, so they will never link this gun to me. She pulls the hammer back.

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-20, 12:10 AM
He stops his chuckling, his demeanor suddenly serious, as he tries to make eye contact with 'Liberty.'

"So, honey, you ain't wit Looney-Toons, are ya? You came to cash in, want a piece. All you freak b*tches is cold to da core. Just like Tommy. Well, I don't have the sh*t, and I don't know where to find it. Stevie took off as soon as we made this stupid van. He had it, you go lookin' for it, Tommy and Pipe are gonna put you down."

"You go ahead an' do it, if that's your thing, but someone will see it. I got friends, and they are gonna remember. Fine lookin' b*tch like you, hard to forget. So one day, if Pipe don't get ya, one of my home-boys will. Freak or no, they'll pay you back."

He tries to look tough under the gun, but it is obvious that it is taking all he has to keep looking at the barrel pointed his way.

Wiz
2008-11-20, 12:32 AM
Psiclops

Psiclops shakes his head slowly, "You're not very smart are you? Didn't you just hear her say she can change her fingerprints? Who says that is her face? Who says she's even a woman? If she killed you right now, even I might not be able to identify her in court... So, if I were you, I'd give her a reason not to kill you. Some information perhaps, like where Stevie would go?"

And of course, maintain the contact.

KnightDisciple
2008-11-20, 01:19 AM
*Clomp*
*Clomp*
Heavy, metallic footsteps sound across the alleyway.
If you turn around, you'll see what, at first glance, may almost look like a robot.
Large. Metallic, with a silvery-gold gleam to the metal, and gold decrotative work across the metal. (OOC: The exact looks in the OOC thread, I'm just giving a rough sketch here) Thick limbs swung slowly, almost casualy. A large, softly glowing warhammer, seemingly sized just for him, is held over his shoulder. His whole body seems suffused with a light golden glow.
The large, amored figure stops and tilts his head to his right slightly.
"Something going on here I could help you lady and gentlemen with?"
He carefully looks at each person's face (that he can see), shifting his head and gaze almost imperceptibly each time.

Wiz
2008-11-20, 01:50 AM
Psiclops

A man with blonde hair is standing next to the Skylite Cleaners van, dressed in a Skylite company coverall (name of Sanderson on the left tag), and with a matching baseball-style-cap pulled down, shadowing his face. He glances over at the armored newcomer. "Evening there, we're just having a little discussion with this man who's friend over there (he points to a crumpled figure on the sidewalk) was going to shoot us." He looks at the thug, "Okay... so you don't seem to have anything for us, I think we should just talk to this Pipe... where does he live and how do you get there from here?"

Yep, the contact is still up. ;) I love that it doesn't cost END anymore to keep certain things going.

KnightDisciple
2008-11-20, 01:57 AM
A rumble from the armored figure almost sounds like a chuckle.
"Well, if the lady there wouldn't mind putting away her firearm, I think we can keep up the nice little talk here."
As soon as he hears the name "Pipe", the armored giant stiffens for a moment. Then, with speed belying his size, he stalks over the to punk, bodily picks him up with one hand, and shoves him upright against the nearest wall.
Putting his helmet "face" inches away from the punks, he growls out, in a deep, mechanical sounding voice, "Pipe. Where is he. Talk. Now."

Wiz
2008-11-20, 02:13 AM
Psiclops

Sanderson (if that's his real name) glances at the lady with the gun. "Well, now that we're talking "nice" I guess we don't need the gun. Thanks, by the way for the assist earlier."

Continue listening to the thug's surface thoughts and hope he reveals the way to Pipe's place.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-20, 03:41 AM
Liberty gives a side glance at the "robot". I think the one I'm pointing at is Pipe, actually. Tommy's the other moron. And Stevie is the one we want. He's the one with the drugs.

She lowers the gun, but aims it at "Pipe's" crotch, and gives Psiclops a look. Maybe we should put them in your van, Psi. She gives a little point with the gun towards "Pipe", trying to induce a little worry. The cops will get here eventually. Though being what neighborhood we are in, it might be a solid hour before they arrive. And you're welcome. She gives him a smile.

She again side glances at the robot. You can call me Liberty. What do they call you, robot?

KnightDisciple
2008-11-20, 03:59 AM
Seemingly distracted, the armored man says "Van sounds good. The papers call me the "Blazing Knight". That's good enough for me, ma'am."
Focusing his attention on the punk, Knight slowly puts his hammer on his back, the weapon seemingly sticking to his back.
"Now son, listen up. I'm not going to kill you. Not how I do things. But you and yours have been pushing poison on these streets. To kids. Some not even old enough to drive. And that makes me mad. And while I won't kill you..."
He pauses, and takes one of the punk's hands in his, positioning the tip of his pinky between two armored fingers.
"Doesn't mean things won't hurt anyways. Did you know the average adult human has 206 bones in his body? A single wrist and hand contain 27 bones. And while strong, if you apply pressure just right..."
The punk feels increased pressure on his finger; not enough to break it yet, but enough to cause pain.
"So tell me. Are you Pipe? Or do you know him, and where he might be? Tell me, and we'll get you to the cops, and a jail cell. Don't, and we learn about the human body together."

Wiz
2008-11-20, 09:36 AM
Psiclops

The figure in the coveralls goes back and unlocks the back door of the van. He glances at the large armored figure. Hope he doesn't weigh more than half-a-ton, the van can carry an Ultravac 9000, but not a Sherman Tank! He gestures to the open van, which is curiously empty - for a van belonging to a cleaning company. He grabs a small gym bag and steps away for a moment into the nearby shadows - you get the feeling he is removing his coverall and putting on a cape from the gym bag. When he steps back out he is dressed in a white and black costume, and his right eye seems to pusle with blue light (that to Liberty resembles the color of the force field energy and tractor beam that he grabbed the gun with). He gestures and the eye flashes, another blue beam reaching out like a hand to bring the gun on top of the van into his gloved hand. "Now, let's see what the young fellow has to say." He nods to the two others, "Knight... Liberty..."

Still keeping the telepathy going.

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-20, 11:05 AM
As the armored figure approaches, the prostate kid barely seems to take notice, his eyes on the weapon pointed his way. During the exchange between the 'heroes,' he does try to slink out of the weapon's path, but Liberty's attention is still on him, and the gun stays steady.

With the sudden approach of the metal man, the kids eyes widen. Being picked up and slung across a wall tends to get one's attention.

"Pipe, I ain't Pipe, man. Get off me. All you damn freaks need to go back to freak-ville, or where ever the hell your from. I don't deal. I just make sure no one jacks Stevie. I don't touch the sh*t."

At the mention of the 'Knight's' threat, the young man bears the pain, then grins at the plated helm inches from his face.

"You can threaten me, you can beat me, but you said yourself, you ain't gonna kill me. Pipe, he knows where my Mama lives. He'll kill her, my sisters, my little brother, and then go have dinner with that freak b*tch of his. I ain't tellin' you sh*t about Pipe."

KnightDisciple
2008-11-20, 11:08 AM
Knight stops the pressure at the young punk's words. He seems to be thinking.
"How soon would that happen, do you think?"

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-20, 11:50 AM
"What are you, programed for stupidity? It ain't gonna happen, 'cause I ain't tellin' your big, rusty ass nothin'."

He glances over the huge, armored form, to the costumed Psiclops, and begins to chuckle to himself again.

"Nice tights, Looney-Toons. They're sexy."

KnightDisciple
2008-11-20, 12:39 PM
"I'm asking, because I want to help. Any scum who threatens innocents ticks me off even more. I asked because I wanted to help you protect them. Then, I want to Shut. Pipe. Down. Your call, though."
Knight then dropped the punk on the ground, before dragging him over to his unconscious friends.
"So what do you two think we ought to do here?"

Wiz
2008-11-20, 03:48 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops holds up his hand to the others, "Let me try dealing with him for a minute." He walks over to the thug. "Glad you like the tights, they're a new fashion statement I hope that criminals in Miami learn to expect if not respect. Now, I appreciate that you're just trying to protect your family. You're not a bad person, you just like to pull guns and knives on lost drivers." He looks down at the thug lying next to his friend on the ground, "So... we need you to tell us where Pipe is, but you're not going to I suppose... maybe you don't even know?"

Lex-Kat
2008-11-21, 02:08 AM
Liberty is kinda flummoxed when she sees Psiclops walk back out in his tights. Cute. She thinks and gives a half-grin, never taking her eyes off the thug.

She lowers the hammer, then clicks on the safety. Listen, kid. If you want your family to ever be safe, tell us where to find them, and Pipe, and we will get you and your family out of this city. Then, we will be on Pipe so fast, he won't have time to worry about you or your family. She says, as she puts the gun in her purse.

Think about it. If you continue to go on like this, your family has no chance of survival. Once Pipe and Stevie are through with you, they will kill your family, regardless. To them, you're just a tool, and your loved-ones are what keep you working for them.

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-21, 08:54 AM
An incredulous look comes across his face, as he begins to shake his head slightly. Waiting for all of your 'convincing' statements to end, he finally finds a pause.

"Done yet? Get my family out of the city? This is our HOME, we live here. It's not paradise, but it's where we live. I don't care much for Pipe, and he don't care much about anybody, but as long as he is around, no one from the outside is gonna come in an' mess with us. He ain't a problem for anyone that keeps his mouth shut."

"Stevie works for him, I work for Stevie. They go back, and Pipe keeps us in enough money that we can take care of our peeps. You think some overnight jail time and a misdemeanor charge is gonna make me screw all that up? Even if you take down Pipe, which you won't, the people of my 'hood are my family, my friends. They are gonna remember who was a rat, and who wasn't."

"You don't live here, none of you do, you don't know nothin'. This city, this neighborhood, it's where my life is. You want to come in here and screw everything up and think you are doing a good thing? Do you even care what would happen in the aftermath? No, you just want to get your picture in the paper in a pair of tights. So b*tch at me some more, and take my ass to jail, but don't think I am gonna roll over on my life. I ain't no rat."

Wiz
2008-11-21, 09:41 AM
Psiclops

The figure in black and white just closes his eyes for a moment and shakes his head. Then he turns to the other two heroes, "That's pretty much it... we'll have to figure out the rest on our own without his help." He glances at the young man, "Want to spout some false directions so that you can tell Pipe you tried to send us on a wrong trail? It might help keep Pipe and Tommy off your tail, and your family's."

Lex-Kat
2008-11-21, 12:42 PM
Liberty just glares at the punk. The darkness within her wants to put him out of her misery. She needed a drink.

So, what should we do with these two? He's right about one thing. Without any evidence, he and his friend are not going to be in jail for very long.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

KnightDisciple
2008-11-21, 02:11 PM
"We take them to the police anyways. We'll find Pipe on our own, I suppose."
The figure seems to give a shrug, but it's hard to tell.
"I just want this poison off the streets. Too many kids are getting hurt by it."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Wiz
2008-11-21, 02:58 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops smiles, not very nicely, his solid blue eye glittering like crystal, "Or we can let people on the street know, as we question them about Pipe and Tommy and Stevie - just how helpful Trickle has been in giving us information... letting us know where to find them and all." He glances at the others, "Let the trash take the trash out..."

Heehee... one last ditch dig attemt to get him to think about location, location, location... ;)

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-23, 01:17 AM
"Yeah, Looney-Toons, I've been so helpful that you ain't found jack. You try tellin' anyone in my 'hood anything like that. That'll go over great."

He nudges his friend, who is starting to come around, and says "Hey Pauly, wake up man," softly.

KnightDisciple
2008-11-23, 02:31 AM
Knight looks about to say something in response to the psychic's threats, when he stops and tilts his head to the side.

"At least one car incoming at high speed, no sirens. Might be their friends."

The armored man turns towards the sound, pulling his hammer back into his hands as he does.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Wiz
2008-11-23, 02:53 AM
Psiclops

The blue eye pulses and Psiclops rises into the air, turning to face the oncoming vehicle.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lex-Kat
2008-11-23, 11:59 AM
Miss Liberty kicks off her heels, then runs to her car. She slinks down and after a couple minutes, steps out, wearing a light pink, form-fitting, outfit. She is wearing a small mask over her eyes.

(((As for being recognized, the DM might remember that I specifically stated that she used make-up & hair-dye to change her looks a little. Because she is drop-dead gorgeous, she didn't want a low-life drug dealer easily recognizing her. This isn't superman taking off his glasses. This is Dustin Hoffman changing into a woman in Tootsie.)))

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-23, 12:50 PM
It is obvious to everyone, now, that there is at least one car incoming at high speed, at a perpendicular angle to the street that you are all on. 'Pauly' has made a remarkable recovery in the last few seconds, and both he and 'Trickle' have moved to take cover behind the van.

The basic layout is as follows:

<- North
....................................ll.........ll. ..........................
====================...........================
.................................................. .........................
.........................[.1.]...................[.2.].[.3.](TP)......
___________________(L)..ll.........ll...___(K)_(P) ______
.................................l...ll.........ll ..l........................l
Scale [...] = approx. 1"

1 is Liberty's Trans Am, 2 a broken down vehicle, 3 is the cleaning van.
L, K, and P represent PC's, TP are the two punks, currently making no move to be combatants.
The sound is to the southwest, moving north.

No need to try to make visual representations in your posts, just wanted to give a general layout for clarity.

As of now, we have entered a combat situation. It is Turn 0, Phase 12. Each PC has a SPD of 5. By DEX, the turn order is Knight, then Liberty and lastly Psiclops. (If you wish to ONLY do mental actions, PM me Psi, you will go before Liberty in that case).

At the moment, state intentions, and make any Test rolls (to hit, skill checks, etc.). I will post with effects, then the next character can post.

At the sound of the approaching engine, Pauly jerks upright and curses, and both he and Trickle scoot to the end of the van.

"Guess you guys will be findin' somethin' after all." Trickle states, but sounds more scared than amused.

Wiz
2008-11-23, 03:12 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops is hovering about 15' up and with another flash of his eye he is surrounded by a glowing field of blue energy. He rises further into the air so that he can be above the buildings and see the oncoming vehicle.

Since it doesn't cost me anything to maintain it... what thoughts are going through Trickle's head as the car approaches?

Do I need to go back and calculate END spent with a post 12 REC, or are we assuming that all those previous actions had plenty of recovery time and we're starting at full?

As far as initiative order, whoops! That was a character advancement slipup on my part, I had always intended to keep my DEX and EGO equal so there wouldn't be any question... I'll fix it next time I get enough XP I don't know my action yet because I'm waiting to see what happens, holding action for now. ;)

Lex-Kat
2008-11-24, 01:28 AM
She runs back over and hides behind the van. If it turns out to be a drive-by shoting, she don't want to be a target.

KnightDisciple
2008-11-24, 05:12 AM
Blazing Knight calmly turns himself towards the sound, and sets himself ready for action.

Basically holding until...the car gets here?
Just in case...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lex-Kat
2008-11-24, 01:05 PM
She runs back over and hides behind the van. If it turns out to be a drive-by shoting, she don't want to be a target.

Oops!! I forgot my three strange rolls.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-24, 03:40 PM
A late model convertible slams into the street to the west on the next intersection, swerving severely to make the turn at high speed. High-beam lights blazing, the vehicle continues forward into the intersection, gunfire rattling from inside.

[OOC] Everyone looking for/at the vehicle is subject to a 2 Segment Sight Group Flash (will fade on Phase 1, so it will only matter for held actions at the moment). Anyone wanting to Abort for a Dive for Cover or Dodge Action, now would be a good time.

Wiz
2008-11-24, 04:50 PM
Psiclops

Floating above street level, yet the white parts of his uniform shining in the high beams from the vehicle, Psiclops throws himself to the side, interposting the building rooftop between him and the approaching car.

Dive for Cover: DEX-2(18): [roll0]

KnightDisciple
2008-11-25, 07:47 AM
The armored man evaluates his options, and decides to leap to the side, clear of the path of the car.

Dive for Cover
[roll0]

Lex-Kat
2008-11-25, 01:11 PM
Liberty will shrink down and get behind the dead car. She will watch to see what happens.

[roll0]

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-26, 05:58 PM
With the car bearing down on him in an attempted ram, Blazing Knight throws himself out of the way just in time. A pair of pistol shots ricochet off the broken down car near the minuscule form of Liberty, but come no where near her. A short burst of SMG fire impacts the rooftop near where, a moment before, Psiclops hovered.

The vehicle begins to screech in a high speed turn in the middle of the intersection, and everyone's vision begins to clear from the bright lights.

The vehicle is a 80's model Dodge Charger convertible, with a young female driver and 3 male occupants. Two of the men have automatic pistols, the third is armed with an SMG.

[OOC] Everyone is at full END and STUN due to post 12 Recoveries. It is now Phase 3 of Turn 1. All of you have actions in 3. First to act is Blazing Knight. Next is Psiclops, and finally Ms. Liberty. All of you have initiative before your enemies.

The car is mid-turn in the middle of the intersection. Due to it's velocity (still moving pretty fast), it (and it's occupants) will have increased DCV's.

BK and Psi, remember that you are both Prone due to your Dive for Cover maneuvers, so it will take you a Half Phase action to recover your footing (or balance, in the case of fliers).

Lex-Kat
2008-11-26, 10:10 PM
Miss Liberty will unshrink, take the gun she still has, and begin firing at the driver side of the car window.

Wiz
2008-11-26, 10:27 PM
Psiclops END: 36

Psiclops will rise up from the building, a field of blue light flickering around him.

Rise up to reestablish line of sight to the car below and focus his attention on one of the men with the machine guns (1/2 Phase), his force field remains active at full strength.

5d6 Ego Attack on machine gun thug.
Ego Attack: [roll0]; Stun: [roll1]

Post Round END: 23

KnightDisciple
2008-11-29, 01:43 AM
Knight rises, then moves himself over to the people from the car, obviously intending to engage them in hand-to-hand combat, trying to negate their guns.

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-29, 02:48 AM
The armored figure of the Blazing Knight moves forward to engage the still moving car, as Liberty opens fire at the driver and Psiclops attempts to tear at the psyche of the SMG toting thug.

Liberty's shot goes wide, missing the driver but creating a bullet hole in the windshield and spider-webbing the surrounding glass. Psiclops finds himself unable to focus on the moving mind, his mental claws slipping off of the man's will without effect.

Two of the thugs leap out of the moving car, having dropped their pistols in favor of aluminum base ball bats. The speed and power of their leaps indicates that both are under the effects of Hype. They engage the armored Knight, one swinging high while the other swings low.

The machine gunner, taking note of the strange sensation in his head and the instigator of the attack, fires another burst high into the air near where Psiclops is taking cover. The bullets find no target, but indicate the thug's intentions.

The driver steadies the vehicle through it's high speed turn, pointing the car south and hitting the gas hard. After the vehicle speeds down the road for a moment, she attempts a high speed U-turn, screeching the tires and crying out like an insane banshee.

[OOC] BK, you can choose to abort to a block, or to a dodge, or you can bear through the attacks and see how it goes. Psi, you missed. Good news is so did the thug. Liberty, you missed too. Your character isn't very good with guns.

The car is now about 10" (or 20 meters) down the street to the south, and has turned around to point back in the direction of the intersection pictured in the 'map' again. It still contains the driver and the machine-gunner. It occurs to the more heroic minded of you that it's intentions could be to target the (more or less) hapless Trickle and Pauly, who now would have no cover vs. the assault.

BK, let me know if you choose a defensive action, or to take the hits. Then we will move on to Phase 5.

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-29, 01:26 PM
The Blazing Knight stands firm against the assault. One attacker glances off his armor without effect, the other strikes a solid blow to the shoulder, causing the Knight to shift his stance to keep his balance.

[OOC] Psiclops is 23 END and full STUN, Blazing Knight is at 34 END and 28 STUN, Ms. Liberty is full on both END and STUN.

It's Turn 1, Phase 5. Again, all PC's have an action this Phase. Order of action is BK, Psiclops, then Liberty.

KnightDisciple
2008-11-30, 02:07 AM
Blazing Knight hefts his hammer, shifts his gaze, and takes a swing at the punk who hit him in the shoulder.

[roll0]

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-30, 02:43 AM
The hammer strikes the man solidly in the chest, energy crackling around it. The force of the blow lifts the man off the ground and carries him several meters into the wall of the building behind him. He slumps to the ground unmoving, bat still in hand.

[OOC] Knight, you're now down to 32 END and have 71 END in your Reserve. One batter KO'ed, one still in the Knight's face. Psi, you're up.

Wiz
2008-11-30, 12:15 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops watches the car racing back toward the two gang members.

I was reluctant to attack the driver of a moving car, but even if I take out the gunner, Tommy might use the car as a weapon against the young men...

The flying hero focuses his mind on the driver.

Ego Attack: [roll0] Ego Attack Damage: [roll1]

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-30, 02:56 PM
It is obvious that your mental assault hits home, as the driver winches, and the car swerves slightly. The driver maintains control of the car, sparing you only a glance as she fights with the steering wheel.

[OOC] Psiclops, with your flight and force field still up, you are down to 14 END. Liberty's up.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-30, 06:57 PM
Miss Liberty moves to the Knights side. As she runs, she will send a fist hurtling towards one of the bat-men in an offensive strike, solidifying just before impact.

Offensive Strike +4d6 dam, +1 DCV, and -2 OCV
Solidifying Gives an additional +8d6 HTH dam, and +18d6 End

[roll0]

Lex-Kat
2008-11-30, 07:40 PM
Damage [roll0] 14 pts. Correct?

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-30, 08:25 PM
The second batter is smacked aside by the stretched, densified limb of Liberty, knocking him a couple of meters to the side and obviously ringing his bell.

The driver of the convertible turns the car into a side-swiping turn, causing Trickle and Pauly to dive aside as the car screeches to a halt only inches from the rear of the van.

"You boys don't plan on heading off, do ya? Pipe wants a word."

As she finishes speaking, the headlights of another vehicle, a van, turn on to the western leg of the intersection from the same direction that the convertible came from. It pulls over before reaching the intersection, and the driver ducks down while the rear doors open, but no one exits (yet).

She glances up at the hovering Psiclops, and outstretches her hand, folding her fingers into a gun motion.

"You shouldn't try to hurt girls, Tights. They might hurt you back."

With that, a blaze of energy flashes out toward the hovering hero.

[OOC] Sorry Psi, next round up is your non-physical Phase, so you can't abort.

[roll0]

No one else has actions in Phase 5, so we will move on to Phase 6, where no PC's have actions.

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-30, 08:29 PM
Psiclops is hit by the energy attack, causing:
[roll0] and 14 BODY (ouch).

You are knocked down onto the top of the building at -9 STUN. At this point, you are taking Recoveries every Phase, so you will be conscious again after Phase 12.

The van occupants begin to file out, two men with SMG's taking cover behind the doors. A large, bald black man in a wife-beater shirt walks boldly into the center of the road, carrying a three foot length of lead pipe in his hand.

"What in the hell do you think you are doing causin' sh*t on my turf?! You wanted to die, you should have just thrown yourselves off a bridge or somethin'."

His flesh solidifies into steel, gleaming in the sparse street lights.

"You want trouble, now you can mess with the Pipe hitta!"

He motions for the two of you still up to come get some.

Also, the girl who just blasted Psiclops and the gunner from the car are putting the two punks in the car with them. They don't seem too happy about going, but they are not actively resisting, either. She starts the car back up, and backs it back into the roadway.

[OOC]
It is now Phase 8. BK and Liberty both have actions, Psi is sawing logs. The order of action is BK, then Liberty.

Pipe is standing in the center of the road making up the western leg of the intersection, about 6" away from where BK and Liberty are standing. The van (with it's two thugs) is about 2" behind and to the left (his left) of him.

The convertible is back on the road, pointing north, about 1" behind Psi's cleaning van. The driver, the gunner, and both punks are inside. It is currently not up to speed, having just pulled back on the road.

(All distances are Game inches, 2 meters apiece.)

KnightDisciple
2008-11-30, 10:18 PM
BK thinks for a moment, then says to the lady, "See if you can stop that car. I'll try to at least distract Pipe here."
He turns his attention to Pipe. Shifting his grip on his hammer, he brings a single hand up, palm glowing.
"Pipe, huh? Not very original, I suppose. Of course, seeing you, I don't expect much at this point."
A large blast of energy bursts from his palm.

I'm going to assumed my blast is a 3d6 attack roll, then a 12d6 damage. Here we go...
[roll0]
[roll1]

Lord Bayushi
2008-11-30, 10:46 PM
Your blast hits the metallic punk solidly, causing him to dig into the pavement with his feet in order to keep his footing. Even so, he slides back a couple of feet, ripping groves in the pavement.

[OOC] Batteries down to 65 END, Blazing Knight. Liberty is up next.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-02, 03:07 AM
<- North
.................................................. .........................
.........................[.1.]...................[.2.].[.3.](TP)......
___________________(L)..ll.........ll...___(K)_(P) ______
Scale [...] = approx. 1"

Liberty will run to the convertable and attempt to jump onto the hood of the car. She will increase her physical size, trying to stop the car by at the very least, blowing the tires out from under it. You can't have them. They are mine. She glowers at the two idiots in the car.

[roll0]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-03, 12:33 AM
Ms. Liberty sprints toward the Charger, increasing in size with her strides. By the time she leaps onto the hood, she towers nearly three times her normal height. She ends her leap on the top of the hood, crushing the front of the car with the force of her landing and blowing out the front tires.

Her actions seem to cause more anger from the occupants than intimidation, however.

[OOC]
Damage to the car (BODY Only): [roll0] 14 BODY

Presence Attack: [roll1] + [roll2]

Liberty, you're down to 16 END.

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-03, 12:48 AM
The driver looks notably upset over the damage to her car.

"Get off my ride, you big whore!"

She motions with her hand in a gun-like gesture again, sending a blast of energy at Liberty.

A split second later, the submachine gunner in the car follows suit, attempting to pepper the enlarged heroine with bullets.

Nearer the intersection, Pipe motions at the Blazing Knight. His men run out along each side of the street, firing as they approach. Seeing the ineffectiveness of the rounds on his armor, Pipe grins a bit.

"This might actually be fun. Got sump'in for ya, tough guy."

He leaps into the air, landing right next to the Knight, and coming down hard with the pipe in his hands.

[OOC] Both of you are under attack, let me know if you want to take the hits of abort to defensive actions. BK, you can dodge or block, if you would like. Liberty, you can take a Martial Dodge for increased DCV, or you can apply your Defensive Physical Elasticity power for increased defense without losing any of your actions (it will cost you 4 END per each attack, though). Let me know, via PM, what your intentions are.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-03, 03:06 AM
"Really now. And it's not even Christmas yet."

Block roll
[roll0]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-03, 03:41 AM
Ms. Liberty throws herself to one side as the energy blast nicks her side, but avoids the spray of bullets entirely.

On the other front, the Blazing Knight attempts to block the forceful attack by Pipe, but he is outmatched. The ring of metal on metal echoes through the night, louder even than the gunfire. The Knight is knocked away several meters by the force of the blow, and is winded by it's impact. It is the first time he has ever felt so much power behind a single attack before.

[OOC]

The attacks:
Tommy's Energy Blast: [roll0] (hit)
Effect Roll: [roll1], 8 BODY

SMG gunner's spray: [roll2] (miss)

Pipe's uh... pipe: [roll4] (hit)
Effect Roll: [roll5], 14 BODY

Ms. Liberty, I figured you would want to pay some END to reduce damage. If that is the case, you are at 12 END and 31 STUN. If not, you are looking at 16 END and 26 STUN. Let me know through PM.

BK, you are in deeper uh... stuff. You are down to 8 STUN, and, worse yet, you are CON Stunned, meaning that you are hapless until you take a Phase to recover from it. Since you aborted to avoid being hit (and still got hit), that cost you your 10, which means you won't be able to recover until 12. That's bad.

Liberty, you did manage to see the Knight get taken down, and can tell he is in trouble. The car is pretty well trashed underneath you (it's not going anywhere), but you find yourself outnumbered with powerful foes.

In Phase 10, the driver attempts to restart the car, and, failing that, takes another shot at Liberty, which misses due to her continued dodging (apparently you can't add rolls in edits).

In Turn 1, Phase 12, we have BK recovering from being CON Stunned up first, and then Ms. Liberty. The good news is, if you make it through the Phase, everyone gets a free recovery, and Psi will be able to rejoin the fray. The bad news is that EVERYONE acts in 12.

Your up, Liberty.

Wiz
2008-12-03, 09:21 AM
Psiclops

Zzzzz... Zzzzz... Zzzzz...

Yeah, you can't edit rolls into a post. If you edit them out of a post or delete a post with rolls in it then you get that little red message at the bottom. It's actually your way of making sure that players aren't cheating by erasing their bad rolls.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-03, 10:44 AM
Miss Liberty, seeing the Blazing Knight fall, will run towards Pipe and grapple with him, trying to keep him from any killing blow he might attempt. She won't waste energy trying to overpower him, just stall him, until BK gets up. Wake up, please.

[roll0]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-03, 05:59 PM
Between the size, density, and flexibility of Ms. Liberty's limbs, she entangles the metallic gangster in a nigh-unbreakable prison. He struggles against her grip, but in vain.

The driver of the car takes the opportunity to shoot her in the back, rather than finishing off the downed Knight.

The machine gunners all follow suit, blazing away at our lone heroine.

[OOC]
Tommy's Attack Roll: [roll0]

Machinegunners: [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

Well, thats a bit too much consistency for my likeing...

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-03, 06:13 PM
Tommy's blast hits home, striking Liberty firmly in the back. The machinegunner in the car hits her with a pair of rounds, one of them ripping a small gash in her left shoulder. The gunners in front of her blaze away, rounds ricochet off of the armored form of Pipe without effect, and barely have any effect on her, either.

She stands through the fire, maintaining her iron grip on Pipe and keeping him from escaping. Psi and the Knight both shake off their daze, well aware that the tide has turned against them and now is time for decisive action!

[OOC]

Tommy's Effect Roll: [roll0]

Machinegunner 1 (from behind) with 2 hits: [roll1]+1, [roll2]+1.

Machinegunners 2 and 3 with 1 hit each: [roll3]+1, [roll4]+1.

Even after that beating, Liberty maintains her hold on Pipe. She manages to get through it with suffering a single point of BODY damage from one gunshot, and she is down to 5 END and 4 STUN.

However, she got you folks through to your Post 12 recoveries. Totals:

BK: Full END (and Batteries), 16 STUN.
Liberty: 11 END and 10 STUN.
Psiclops: Up and about again, at 12 END and 12 STUN.

The badguys have you on the ropes, folks. Though Pipe is dealt with for the moment, you don't think he'll stay that way for long.

Tommy flips over to the backside of her car, crouching for cover. Seeing the ineffectiveness of her shots on Liberty, Tommy switches targets, blasting away at the still prone form of the Blazing Knight. She miscalculates the range, however, and her shot misses.

It is Turn 2, Phase 3. Order of action is the still Prone BK, then Psi (also prone), and, finally, Liberty. There are still 3 machinegun toting thugs up and about, one of the bat-men is stirring, and, of course, Tommy and Pipe are still around.

Knight, your action.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-04, 02:38 AM
Blazing Knight shakes his head to clear it, before standing to his feet.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-04, 03:37 AM
Seeing that Pipe is still a threat, and the largest threat in range, Blazing Knight adjusts his aim and again fires a blast of energy at him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Wiz
2008-12-04, 03:55 PM
Psiclops

The hero runs to the edge of the roof, his force field flaring up again as he looks over the edge at the combat below. He focuses his mind upon Tommy again and hits her for the second time with his most powerful mental scream.

Ego Attack: [roll0]
Ego Attack Effect: [roll1]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-05, 08:29 AM
Blazing Knight's blast rocks the still entangled Pipe, but he continues to struggle against Liberty's hold. The renewed mental assault on Tommy has more effect, and she grabs her head in pain as Psiclops tears at her psyche, slumping down further behind the car in agony.

[OOC] Tommy is stunned, but not out, and Pipe is merely more pissed. We have three SMG thugs and a batter still on the fringes of the battle as well. Liberty, you're up.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-05, 01:12 PM
Miss Liberty will try to drop down, and use Pipe's momentum to throw Pipe toward Tommy and her SMG pal. If she can do that, she will get up and start to move toward the other two SMG thugs.

[roll0]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-05, 08:53 PM
Ms. Liberty hurls Pipe toward Tommy's car, bouncing him once off the concrete and skidding him into the front end. The bumper comes off onto his shoulder, which he picks up off of himself as he stands.

"She ain't bulletproof, take her out," he shouts to his 'troops,' as he takes aim with the metal bumper at the Blazing Knight. "Hey, robo-man, catch."

The machinegunners follow the metal man's order, taking aim at the now cover-less heroine and unleashing a deadly barrage.

The bat weilder hit by Liberty earlier gets to a knee, and readies himself for any potential targets.

[OOC]
Damage roll from Liberty's throw: [roll0], 14 BODY

Liberty, Knight, you both have incoming. PM me with whether you want to abort your next action to Dodge, or take your chances.

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-06, 03:17 AM
The Blazing Knight leaps to the side as the twisted metal from Pipe slams into the ground where he stood only a moment before.

Ms. Liberty hardens her skin against the barrage, suffering several gunshots.

[OOC]
Pipe's Bumper Hurl: [roll0] (Miss)

Machinegunners: [roll1] (Hit w/ 3 rounds), [roll2] (Hit w/ 2 rounds), [roll3] (Miss)

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-06, 03:22 AM
The impact of the rounds overwhelms Liberty, causing her to shrink to her natural shape and size, before collapsing under the strain of the shock. She fades from consciousness.

[OOC]
SMG Damage Rolls: [roll0]+1 (4 BODY and 12 STUN), [roll1]+1 (4 BODY and 12 STUN), [roll2]+1 (6 BODY and 18 STUN), [roll3]+1 (6 BODY and 18 STUN), [roll4]+1 (3 BODY and 9 STUN).

Liberty suffers a total of 2 BODY and 14 STUN from the bullets. That puts you at -4 STUN, causing you to black out momentarily. You will get a Recovery in Phase 5 that will bring you up to being to act again (barely) in Phase 8.

In Phase 4, Tommy shakes off the effects of CON Stun, and assumes a defensive posture behind the car again.

That takes us to Turn 2, Phase 5. Psi has an action, BK Dodged and gave up his Phase and Liberty is fighting to wake up. Psi, it's all you, man.

Wiz
2008-12-06, 08:33 AM
Psiclops

Psiclops, hovering on the verge of exhaustion, but knowing that there is no other way stands on the edge of the rooftop, fixates his target in his mind, and steps back from the roof so that if he goes unconcious he won't fall to his death. He then sends a message to the mind of one of the machine gun wielding gangsters.

Ego Attack: [roll0]
Mind Control: [roll1] - mental command is to shoot the other machine-gun toting gangsters, and Tommy and Pipe. Your former gang members are all planning to kill you, unless you stop them now! Do it while these heros have them weakened, at least slightly.
Burn [roll2] STUN only as END

Wiz
2008-12-06, 06:20 PM
Sorry about the double post, just following instructions...

[roll0]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-06, 09:10 PM
Psiclops draws on his inner reserves and forces his way into the mind of one of the SMG toting thugs, forcing him to believe his allies mean him harm. After implanting the command, Psiclops is overcome with the force of his efforts, once again losing his hold on wakefulness.

Pipe, seeing the heroine go down, starts to smile.

"If you surrender, lug-nuts, I won't have my boys load her with enough lead that her corpse sets off airport security. What do ya say?"

Tommy takes the opportunity to catch her breath, her eyes fixed on the rooftop above for any sign of the source of her immense headache.

The gunner in the car reloads, then moves to a position next to Tommy, behind the car.

One of the other's follows Pipe's lead, taking aim at Liberty's form, just as she begins to stir again.

The final machinegunner, under the sway of Psiclops' order, takes aim at the closest target (the machinegunner across the street), and attacks with a spray of bullets. His target is caught completely off guard, and takes several rounds in the back. He falls forward, bleeding heavily and on the verge of death.

Pipe, surprised by the turn of events, weighs his options.

"What the..., nevermind, can't afford to let you live."

He half turns, grabbing the damaged car behind him and lifting it in the air. Pauly and Trickle leap from the car to the ground below. Realizing her cover is moving, Tommy, looks down to see what's happening.

"Not my car, Pipe, you ass!" Tommy watches in dread as her beloved vehicle is reduced to a projectile.

"Dodge this, punk!"

He hurls the car at the Blazing Knight.

The batter, hoping has been ignored in the confusion, takes a moment to recover himself.

[OOC]
BK, the hurled car is an Area of Effect attack, so your only option for defense is to Dive for Cover (or to take the hit). Let me know via PM.

One gunner down, one under Mind Control, one without cover.

Tommy took a Recovery, as did the batter.

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-07, 02:55 AM
The Blazing Knight leaps aside as the Charger convertible slams into the ground where he was standing.

[OOC] That brings us to Turn 2, Phase 8. Liberty has regained consciousness and is still lying prone in the street. BK has spent his action avoiding Pipe's attack. Psiclops is going to have to spend the Phase recovering from his STUN burn last round.

Current Totals (assuming Psi's Recovery goes smoothly):
Blazing Knight has full END and 16 STUN.
Liberty has 2 END and 2 STUN.
Psiclops will be at 3 END and 3 STUN at the end of the Phase.

Liberty, you are the only one with an action, if you want to take it rather than playing possum and taking another Recovery.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-07, 04:42 PM
Liberty will remain prone, and hope the goons leave her alone. She sheds a tear from the pain she feals, but does not move.

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-07, 05:03 PM
Fearing a similar fate to the SMG wielding punk lying in his own blood, Tommy gets to her feet and blasts her former ally with a beam of energy. The man falls in a heap, weapon dropping to the ground behind him.

"Pipe, give me a boost," she states, pointing to the rooftop above where Psiclops is hiding. "I know who is screwing with our heads."

Pipe, getting the hint, walks the short distance to her and throws her bodily up the whole distance to the roof above. She lands with grace, keeping her footing despite the distance she was tossed. On the ground, Pipe retrieves his lead weapon, and turns back to face the other two heroes.

The final machinegunner, seeing the fate of his compatriots, starts to worry. "Pipe, what the hell is happening?" He scurries behind the cleaning van, taking cover and eying every direction in woe.

The batter, seeing the Blazing Knight throw himself to the side to avoid the thrown car, moves in to take advantage of the prone, preoccupied hero. He smashes the Knight's armored form with his bat.

[OOC]

Batter's to hit roll: [roll0]
Damage roll on BK: [roll1] + [roll2], 13 BODY

That damage brings BK down to 5 STUN.
After her Recovery, Liberty is up to 8 END and 8 STUN.
Psiclops is still at 3 END and STUN.

Everyone has an action now in Turn 2, Phase 10. Everyone is also prone. Knight is being beat on by a bat wielding thug, Liberty is in the center of the street, Psiclops has Tommy's company on the roof. The last gunner is taking cover behind the van, and Pipe is near to him, in the open.

Order of action is Knight, then Psiclops, and finally Liberty. Blazing Knight is up.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-07, 06:04 PM
Liberty will get up and rush at the batter, attempting to tackle him down. She will attempt to get in a couple of Fast Strikes to his face.

Attack roll [roll0]
Extra Attack roll [roll1] (if needed)
Extra Attack roll [roll2] (if needed)

Tackle [roll3]
Strike 1 (?) [roll4]
Strike 2 (?) [roll5]

KnightDisciple
2008-12-07, 10:09 PM
Blazing Knight will try to blast Pipe again, perhaps knocking him back for breathing room.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-08, 02:45 AM
The Blazing Knight rolls away from the batter, recovers his footing, and shoots Pipe with his palm blasters. Pipe gives not an inch in his stride, but looks at the Knight with fury. "I'm going to mount your head on my bathroom wall, robo-punk."

Seeing the bat-thug about to hit him from behind again, Liberty springs to her feet, covering the few meters between them quickly and tackling him to the ground.

[OOC]
While you can make multiple attacks in a single Phase, doing so is a Full Phase action, so, generally, you can't move and attack multiple times.

Psiclops, you have a certain punchy blonde psycho on the rooftop with you. You're up.

Wiz
2008-12-08, 02:58 AM
Psiclops

The prone hero awakens to the vision of Tommy standing near him. "Well, I'm feeling a pretty powerful headache... but I'm a gentleman, so I'll share!"

ECV vs. Tommy: [roll0] - Ego Attack: [roll1];
Burn 3 END + 2 STUN as END: [roll2]

Edit: I just love to knock myself out... gotta get me a psychic END battery. ;)

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-08, 08:52 AM
Overcome with the mental assault, Tommy barely has the presence of mind to careen forward to avoid falling to the ground below. She lays on the roof like Psiclops, each fighting for consciousness.

[OOC] That brings us to Turn 2, Phase 12, folks. Everyone acts in 12. There is still one batter lying under Liberty, the gunner behind the van, and Pipe still in the open. On the roof, Psiclops and Tommy are both out, but within a Phase of being back up.

The totals are BK, with full END, 74 Batteries, and 5 STUN; Liberty is at 5 END and 8 STUN, and Psiclops is -2 STUN, and has to spend the Phase Recovering. The order of action is BK, then Liberty.

BK, you're up.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-08, 11:04 AM
'I can't believe I'm about to say this, but this is the perfect opportunity.'
Blazing Knight charges at Pipe, yelling out, "It's hammer time!"
He then swings his big, glowy hammer at Pipe.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lex-Kat
2008-12-08, 01:36 PM
Liberty begins pounding on the batters face, with Martial Strikes, until she knocks him unconscious. She will add density to her fists, to make sure he gets the message.

Attack [roll0]
Attack 2 [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Damage 2 [roll3]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-08, 04:56 PM
Pipe brings his own weapon up in time to block the incoming hammer blow. Again, metal on metal rings through night. Pipe sneers at the comment from the Knight. "You gotta be a white boy under there. No one else would say something that lame."

Liberty increases her density and wails on the batter beneath her. Her fists crush him firmly out of the fight, and leave her reeling from the effort as well.

Seeing Tommy collapse above, and the fate of his bat wielding friend, are the last straws for the final thug. "F*ck this!" He puts several rounds into the nearest window of the building beside him, and leaps through.

As the titanic ring from the crossed metal weapons clears, the faint sound of sirens in the distance can be heard.

[OOC]
Pipe's block roll: [roll0]

Liberty's STUN for END Burn: [roll1]

That brings us to post 12 Recoveries. The numbers:
BK is at full END (and Batteries), and 13 STUN.
Liberty regains herself following her exertion, at 3 END and STUN.
Psiclops comes around as well, with 12 END and STUN.

Tommy is still down, but starting to stir. Pipe is locked in melee with the Blazing Knight. Liberty took out the batter, and the last thug has hidden himself in the building nearby. It is now Turn 3, Phase 3. All the heroes have actions, though BK has to wait until Pipe has a chance to smack him back because of the successful Block. Order of action is Psi, then Liberty. BK will get to go after Pipe.

Psiclops, you're up.

Wiz
2008-12-08, 07:58 PM
Psiclops

The mind manipulating marvel, looks down at the stunned Tommy. "A gentleman would never kick a lady when she was down. Fortunately, you're no lady..." His force field kicks back in as he focuses his mind on her.

ECV Attack Roll: [roll0] - Ego Attack Effect: [roll1]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-08, 11:55 PM
Psiclops buts his psychic boot down on Tommy's mind, smashing her firmly into unconsciousness. She stirs no more.

[OOC]
Tommy's out of the fight. Liberty's up.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-09, 03:55 AM
Liberty will sit on top of the unconscious batter, wearily watching Pipe and Blazing Knight.

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-09, 09:39 AM
Liberty takes a moment to catch her breath. Meanwhile, Pipe prepares to counterattack the Blazing Knight with a mighty swing.

[OOC]
Pipe's to hit roll: [roll0]

BK, you can Dodge, Block, or take the hit. Post your defense, or PM me if you want to take the hit.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-09, 12:02 PM
Blazing Knight attempts to block Pipe's swing.
"How do you know I didn't say that so you'd think I was white? It's not like I'd have trouble outsmarting you."

[roll0]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-09, 12:32 PM
Again, the cacophonous ring of the metal weapons meeting broke the night. With a deft motion, the Blazing Knight turned aside Pipe's forceful blow.

[OOC]

That will bring us to Turn 3, Phase 5. Again, all heroes act. Order of action is BK, Liberty, then Psiclops.

The current totals:
BK is still at full END (and Batteries), and 13 STUN.
Liberty at 9 END and STUN following her Recovery.
Psiclops is at 6 END and 12 STUN following his attack on Tommy.

There is no sign of the thug that took to the building (which is the one that Psiclops is on top of), and Pipe and BK are doing their best Mortal Kombat reenactment in the street below with Liberty about 6 meters away still crouched on her last victim.

By best guess, the sirens in the distance will arrive on the scene at about the end of the current turn (isn't that dramatically convenient?).

BK, you're up (again).

KnightDisciple
2008-12-09, 12:43 PM
Grunting, Blazing Knight once more swings his mighty hammer at Pipe.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-09, 12:45 PM
Turning the Knight's blow with a similar move to that he just displayed himself, Pipe continues the ineffective melee in the street.

"That all you got? You really ought to learn to use that thing better."

[OOC]

Pipe's block roll: [roll0]

The melee continues. Liberty, you are next up.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-09, 12:50 PM
Internally, BK curses. In several languages.
Externally, he retorts, "אמא שלך היתה אוגר, ואת אבא שלך לזקק של ברי זקן."

That's Hebrew, FYI.
It's "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elder berry."

Wiz
2008-12-09, 04:36 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops hears the approaching sirens, though he's not aware of the state of the battle below. He takes a moment to catch his breath.

Keep an eye on Tommy, but take a recovery.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-10, 01:54 AM
Liberty will run towards the battle of the two giants and send a hardened right hook towards Pipe. She will approach from the side of him that he doesn't seem to use. ((If he seems to be right handed, she'll come in on his left, and vice versa.))

Attack (Offensive Strike) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack adds the following: -2 OCV, +1 DCV

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-10, 01:41 PM
Pipe pivots to place the Blazing Knight in the path of Liberty's attack, giving him enough time block that attack as well. "Bring it on!"

[OOC]

Pipe's 2nd Block roll (-2 OCV): [roll0]

That brings us to Turn 3, Phase 8. Everyone acts, Pipe doesn't. He'll keep trying to block attacks, but he gets a -2 penalty for each additional attack, so keep swinging.

The numbers:
BK is at 34 END (and 74 Batteries), and 13 STUN.
Liberty is at 0 END and 9 STUN.
Psiclops is at 13 END and 19 STUN following his Recovery.

Order of action is BK, Psiclops, then Liberty. The Knight is up.

Wiz
2008-12-10, 03:58 PM
Psiclops

After the Blazing Knight has made his move, Psiclops will raise his force field, telekinetically grab the unconcious form of Tommy, holding her at a distance of about twenty feet, and fly over the combatants below. If Pipe is still in combat with the other heroes he will call down, "Hey, Pipe! Tommy had a little accident up here... she ran into me. Care to have me toss her back to you?"

There, that should give the metal man a moment of distraction... if he wants to shoot me down, his girlfriend can go with me. Of course, she might be very good at surviving falls.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-10, 09:36 PM
Blazing Knight frowns in his helmet, then once more swings his mighty hammer.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-10, 09:58 PM
Pipe brings up his bar just as the hammer bears down. The force of the blow causes Pipe to step back, but he stands firm.

[OOC]

Block roll (-4 OCV): [roll0]

Psiclops' action causes momentary distraction, leaving an opening for the exhausted Liberty (he can't block you, if you want to hit him, but you will have to burn some STUN to do it). You're up.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-10, 10:50 PM
Liberty will take the opportunity given to her. She hits him with all she has left (Offensive Strike).

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Lex-Kat
2008-12-10, 10:51 PM
Forgot my Vs

Damage [roll0]

((Evidently, she didn't have much left. :smalltongue:))

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-10, 11:17 PM
The wrap-up

Pipe turns to respond to Psiclops' threat, and, just as he does, is cold-clocked by Liberty. He faulters, dropping his weapon and losing his metal exterior. As he goes down, the Blazing Knight touches him with the energized end of his hammer, acting much as a tazer, in order to keep him down. Overcome with her own force of effort, Liberty begins to faulter as well, but finds the Blazing Knight a stable pillar to lean against as she catches her breath.

Before a word can be said, the group is bathed in the harsh light of police car spot lights as two cruisers appear on the scene. There are the usual calls to throw down arms, step away from suspects, and surrender.

[OOC]
The badguys are down, free form resumes. You have been ordered to surrender to the police.

Wiz
2008-12-10, 11:58 PM
Psiclops

The mentalist holds up both his hands and slowly drifts to the ground. Once down he looks up and Tommy drifts downward to be set gently at his feet. Turning to face the largest group of police, the superhero keeps his hands in the air, "We submit to your authority, officers. I am called Psiclops and I have been acting to defend myself and others, as have these other two." He gestures to Blazing Knight and Liberty.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-11, 12:15 AM
Supporting the lady with one hand, Blazing Knight slowly and obviously places his hammer on the ground, the energy fading from it as he does. He then steps back slowly from Pipe, helping Liberty as he goes.
"Hello officers. As the floating gentleman said, we've been acting in defense, both of ourselves, and of others. This man, Pipe as he calls himself, has been supplying the streets with the new drug Hype."
He gestures to the (finally) unconscious man on the street.

Took long enough to take him down, didn't it? :smallwink:

Lex-Kat
2008-12-11, 05:10 AM
Please... tow... my ... car out..... Liberty passes out from exhaustion.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-11, 05:16 AM
The large armored man sighed slightly.
"And apparently, we'll need one more tow truck..."

One more in the sense that they're going to need one or two with all the wreckage around here.

Wiz
2008-12-11, 11:14 AM
Psiclops

Psiclops sees Liberty collapse and he looses interest in surrendering, getting down on one knee to check her and see if she's all rights (basics - pulse, breathing, etc...). "Could you get a paramedic here as well, please. I think she's okay, but its best to be safe than sorry."

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-11, 03:16 PM
The officers agree to bring in a couple of ambulances (as there is a dead kid on the street, that would be protocol). They separate you and take individual statements while they tell you to wait for Detective Addler, of paranormal affairs.

A couple of ambulances arrive on the scene, as well as additional police units. There is a request made for Sentinels of Justice to make a paranormal pickup. They watch cautiously as they wait for more reinforcements, as no one is quite sure what has gone on here. The paramedics bring Ms. Liberty back around, and bandage her wounds.

It isn't long before an unmarked sedan arrives. A man in his mid. 40's, with the build of a professional linebacker, dressed in an old cheap suit, a fedora, and a trenchcoat steps out of the car, half a cigar burning in his mouth. He gathers the cops around, speaks to them for a moment, then they disperse again. The cops gather the three of you back together, and bring you over to the newcomer.

"I am Detective Lieutenant Joseph Addler, Miami-Dade police. I am now in charge of this situation. Please tell me, whom each of you are, and, in your own words, what has happened here."

Wiz
2008-12-11, 04:44 PM
Psiclops

The one-eyed hero nods, "I'm Psiclops. I had a tip that there would be a drug sale here tonight... Hype, the dealer being someone named Stevie. I disugised myself and drove here, parking for a while... doing a stake out. Then a gang member started to question me, and while I was talking with him he took exception to my comments and pulled out a knife. The lady came forward and they threatened her with a gun so I put up my force field and stepped between them. We fought them, Miss Liberty turning out to be a crime fighter herself, and Blazing Knight showing up to assist. Then the gang leaders, Pipe and Tommy showed up in a speeding car, and a fight broke out. I could go into details on the fight, but perhaps you'd prefer that in a typed report? Basically, the situation is that we managed to defeat them."

KnightDisciple
2008-12-11, 09:59 PM
Blazing Knight shifted his footing slightly.
"Pretty similar for me. I've been trying to track down where this Hype crap is coming from. Only lead I got was a name: Pipe. I was patrolling around, trying to find something, when I ran across these two. Decided to step in, tried to get some answers out of one of the punks, and Pipe decided to show up in person. Son of a gun can hit, too. Once I step it, it goes like he said. There was a fight, and we beat the dealers down, but barely. I hope no bystanders got hurt during this."

Lex-Kat
2008-12-12, 01:59 AM
Well, I guess I'm up next, huh? Liberty keeps her distance from the cop. And watches him with suspicion.

One of the girls in my care, told me someone named Stevie was selling hype. She gave me the number to her cell phone. I called it, and set up a drop. I was planning on recording the whole thing, but my recorder sucks. I need to buy a better one later. She shakes her head.

Then looks back at the cop. Anyway, then it happens pretty much like they said. I helped him, she points at Psiclops, stop two thugs. Then, after we questioned them, and got no answers, Tommy came driving in like a mad woman, and three goons got out and started attacking us. Two with bats, the other with an SMG.

After a bit, Pipe drove up in his van, with two more goons. And this is how it ended. She waves her left arm out towards the battle area.

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-12, 02:32 AM
Detective Addler listens intently, and copies notes down in his notepad as each of you speak. When he believes you are finished, he flips back through his pages and reads it back to himself, then looks up at the three of you.

"At which point did the young man, one Chris Whadley, become shot? Do any of you have legally registered costumed identity? Have any of you had any contact with any of these individuals before, and, if so, how and when? Why are you investigating Hype?"

[OOC] Of course, he asks these questions individually, but it will cut down on some posts to let you respond to them all at once. The young man he refers to is the thug that was shot in the back, and killed, during the course of the encounter.

On legally registered identities, it is a matter of personal preference, but it means that you must register a detailed report of your paranormal abilities and some contact information with the federal government, which can be accessed by law enforcement. In doing so, you become subject to the laws protecting your private identity, even from legal investigation, so long as you are not found guilty of a felony crime. After the course of a felony conviction, you lose all such protections, and would be legally exposed. The Detective also notes that, if you have been unable, up to now, to become registered, he will help you apply during the course of this investigation, so as to fall under the legal protections therein.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-12, 02:53 AM
"Um, let's see. I didn't quite catch what happened with the kid, Chris, you said? I was busy with Pipe; he was a very tough customer. I think one of the other guys shot him. I, um, need to register still, I suppose. So long as I can get some legal assurances and such. I've never met anyone here before tonight, at least not knowingly. I'm investigating Hype because it's hurting kids all over. It's poison, and it needs to be stopped. I know the police are doing what they can, but it seems like the super-community isn't doing much. Not that they ever bother with stuff like this." The last bit is said rather sarcastically. You get the idea BK doesn't have a whole lot of respect for the general community of "capes".

Lex-Kat
2008-12-12, 03:45 AM
"At which point did the young man, one Chris Whadley, become shot?

I'm not sure. I was concentrating on staying alive, and Pipe and Terry seemed to be the biggest threats to that.

Do any of you have legally registered costumed identity?

Yes.

Have any of you had any contact with any of these individuals before, and, if so, how and when?

As far as I know, no. Except when I called Stevie on a cell.

Why are you investigating Hype?"

Because it's killing my friends at the clinic I volunteer for.

Wiz
2008-12-12, 11:21 AM
"At which point did the young man, one Chris Whadley, become shot? Do any of you have legally registered costumed identity? Have any of you had any contact with any of these individuals before, and, if so, how and when? Why are you investigating Hype?"

Psiclops

The black-and-white clad hero points to the eye symbol on his costume, "I call myself Psiclops, Detective Addler, spelled P S I c l o p s..., as I am a telepath, and I have not registered previously. I would appreciate your assistance in going through whatever the required procedures are. I've had no previous contact with the individuals we fought with tonight, nor even with these other heroes. Sometimes I can pick up precognitive visions of the near future, and some of what I have sensed indicates a lot of trouble stemming from this drug Hype, hence my interest in investigating its source. During our initial altercation with the young men who had drawn weapons on us, I was telepathically scanning one of them and learned about Pipe and Tommy and how dangerous the young man considered them to be. When they arrived, guns blazing, I used a mind blast on Tommy, but had to take cover on the roof of the building up there when the gunners opened up on me. Over the course of the battle I became exhausted and couldn't tell how much effect my powers were having, so when I saw a gang member using his machine gun on Miss Liberty I switched tactics and hit him with a feeling of paranoia, hoping he would turn on his comrades, particularly Pipe and Tommy. I blacked out at that point, having pushed my powers beyond their liimits, and when I woke, Tommy was on the roof. I managed to take her out, and when I looked down one of the gang members was down on the ground, bleeding... I think the young man I manipulated may have shot him since the gang-members were the only ones using guns."

Lord Bayushi
2008-12-12, 06:07 PM
The detective writes comments down in his notepad as each of you answer his questions. He collects contact information from each of you, and asks you to wait here until the SoJ agents arrive to remove the paranormal suspects.

It isn't a long wait before the trademark red and white color scheme decorated helicopter arrives. The 'boys in red' (though several of them are women) depart the chopper via rope lines, and consort briefly with the detective prior to fitting Tommy and Pipe with their signature hot-sleep collars. The police clear a landing area, and the prisoners are loaded onto the chopper.

As the SoJ are departing, the detective approaches the group of you again.

"For now, you are free to go. Make certain those contact numbers will reach you in the course of the next few days, as failure to respond may result in prosecution. The two of you that are not registered, you are officially ordered to cease all crime fighting activities until such time as your registration is completed, or this investigation is concluded. I, or someone from my division, will be contacting each of you very soon."

He hands each of you a business card with his information on it. "If you have any questions, you can reach me at this number."

He starts to turn away, then stops and turns back to you. He walks closer and lowers his voice. "Whatever he may have been high on, or whatever he may have been doing, Chris Whadley was a nineteen year old kid. This was sloppy, people. If you are going to operate in my city, you had best be able to do it without leaving bodies behind you. I understand, and even appreciate what you were trying to do here, but if I have to clean up another kid off the pavement for any of you, I will see to it that you are dealt with harshly. I hope you understand my meaning."

He pauses for a moment as if wanting to add something more, then decides against it. He sighs heavily, then looks at each of you in turn. "Now go home before the press shows up."

Lex-Kat
2008-12-12, 07:44 PM
Marissa glares at the cop after he starts to walk away. It wasn't my mess, and if you danb cops would do your jobs, we wouldn't be involved in this at all. She thinks to herself.

She turns and walks back to her car, back straight, head up. Perfect. She gets in, and tears out of there, careful not to hit any one, and staying within the speed limit, of course.

She drives straight home, parks in the garage, then goes and takes a quick shower, before passing out on her bed.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-12, 10:05 PM
Blazing Knight nods at the detectives comments about registration and such. "No problem officer."
Poor cops were overworked, underpaid, and outgunned half the time. If waiting a day gave him freer reign to help, all the better.
"I'd just like to note two things, detective. First, I always work to ensure no loss of life. My equipment is designed around it. Secondly, I think the big thing that led to this was, perhaps, no communication. For what it's worth, I'm sorry about the boy." And, as much as one can tell through the modulation, he is.
After the detective leaves, the armored man turns slowly and deliberately towards the man with an eye on his chest. In a low and somewhat dangerous voice, he says, "Next time, try doing something other than just making the kid with an automatic weapon "paranoid". Being almos unconscious is no excuse."
With that, he turns away, and leaps to the top of a nearby roof with his jump jets. He quickly disappears off into the distance, bouncing roof to roof.

Blazing Knight slowly makes his way to where he parked his incognito van. Making sure there's no one watching, he slips into it, partly takes off his armor, and immediately drives away. Once he reaches his home neighborhood, he parks for a moment, finishes changing back into a normal person, then goes home. Once in the garage, he goes inside the house, and thinks about the night. He trys to analyze, think what could have gone differently. Eventually, he knows he needs sleep. The exiciting life of a grad student is never finished.
"Lord, don't know how much more of this I can take..." are the last words of his mouth before sleep takes him.

Wiz
2008-12-12, 11:54 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops stands impassively, watching as the others leave.

Don't worry, Blazing Nut... I won't try to help you again. It's funny, but you'd think from the way people acted that I wanted the poor young boy who was shooting at them with a machine gun dead.

He rises slowly into the air and drifts up to the top of the building, sitting and watching the stars.

I am sorry you're dead, Chris. You may have made choices that you felt were the only ones you could make. They were bad choices, though... and bad company and my failure led to your death. I regret your death, and I would take it back if I could, but I can't, so I will carry it with me.

After a long time has passed, he will come down again, when the police are gone - and if his van is still there he will climb inside, change, and drive away.

Lord Bayushi
2009-01-02, 10:16 AM
The next evening, a second strange encounter begins between Ms. Liberty and the mysterious, ghostly 'Voice,' at Liberty's beach-side home.

[OOC] 'Voice,' you're up.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-02, 06:35 PM
Marissa is at the rehab center, helping others get into a better life.

Afterwards, she goes home to relax with a nice hot cocoa. She'd forgotten all about the voice. Or maybe she hoped it was all a dream.

The_Snark
2009-01-04, 03:23 PM
Just as before, the voice begins speaking without any sign that someone has arrived. It's a girl's voice—at least, it's a little high for a grown woman—and speaks in a low, soft tone, almost a whisper.

"Are you ready to go yet?"

Lex-Kat
2009-01-04, 04:30 PM
Marissa almost drops her cocoa. Um, let me get dressed, then I'll be ready.

She sets the mug down, then puts on a black latex suit with a hood that covers her upper face.

Ready.

Lord Bayushi
2009-01-04, 08:30 PM
On a shadowy rooftop in Little Haiti, a darkened figure awaits Ms. Liberty and her ghostly companion. Legion has already arrived, and several others are en-route.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-04, 08:37 PM
Liberty goes to her Trans-Am. There is a dark grey, covering over the plate. You can see through it, if you put light directly on it. She starts to get in.

((Don't know if I should wait for the "ghostly companion" or not.))

Wiz
2009-01-04, 08:58 PM
Psiclops

One eye glowing with an unearthly blue color, and a glow of similar energy corruscating around him, a character in a black and white costume descends from the sky, his cape billowing out around him. On his chest is the symbol of an eye. He descends to the rooftop slowly, gazing around as he does so.

The_Snark
2009-01-04, 10:56 PM
"Little Haiti first. You know how to get there?" It seems to be a genuine question, not an assumption; after Ms. Liberty answers, the girl's voice goes on to say, "Go slowly, please."

Lex-Kat
2009-01-04, 11:08 PM
Yes. I've been there lots of times. And how slow is slowly? She pulls out of the drive and heads to Little Haiti. Starting out at 30 mph.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-01-05, 01:56 AM
As the glowing figure descends Legion steps out of the shadows. The grey fedora and trench coat doing little to hide Legions appearance. His legs end is cloven hooves, stubby horns peek out from under his hat. His coat does little to disguise his massive frame or red tinted skin.

"I don't think that we've met, I'm Legion." Spying the eye emblazoned on the newcomers chest, Legions face cracks into a smile. "Psiclops I presume? Your the first one to arrive." Legion extends his hand to Psiclops.

"I heard about the job you did did with Blazing Knight and Liberty. Taking down Pipe." His face resumes it's previous stony appearance. "I also heard about the accident. I'm sure it was unintentional, but killing is whats' supposed to separate us from them. I don't mean to sound to preachy, but I guess it's a risk you run in this occupation. Besides, It'll probably be you restraining me from killing Beauvais, but I'm getting ahead of myself. I should wait until everyone else gets here so I'll only have to fill you all in once. "

Wiz
2009-01-05, 02:54 AM
Psiclops

The glowing figure nods to the oversized figure in the trenchcoat, pausing a moment before saying, "I try not to speak of things I don't understand, lest I seem a fool..." After glancing around and a longer pause, he adds, "That is why I won't ask you if Beauvais was the daemonic entity, the strangely-dressed man it was tormenting, or someone else entirely." He touches down on the roof and some of the glowing effect fades, but not all of it.

KnightDisciple
2009-01-05, 03:14 AM
*Thump*
*Thump*
*Thump*
And thus lands the Blazing Knight, his armor almost gleaming in the dimness. Any dents and blemishes seem to have been removed from the armor.
After he lands, he silently looks around the roof, taking in those present.
Turning to the man in the ill-fitting coat, he says, "I'm guessing you're Legion? Since I've met Psiclops, and I don't see anyone else around here..."
He pauses for a moment, giving a nod towards Psiclops, with no apparent agression in his motions.
"I'm guessing we're waiting for a couple more people?"

The_Snark
2009-01-05, 03:38 AM
"Just slowly, please," the voice whispers pleadingly as the car starts up. "This is okay." She sounds rather frightened, and seems to be speaking from the back of the car now.

As they near Little Haiti, she gives more specific directions, sounding a little more at ease. She is not very good with the directions, though; they are never more complex than "Turn left here" or "turn right", and she apparently doesn't know what any of the streets are called. Fortunately, the route is rather simple, and ends as they pull onto a street in the middle of a rather seedy area of town. "The tall building. Can you see it? Up there, near the top. That's where the friend is waiting. His name is Legion."

"He is very big," she adds, apparently as an afterthought. "Don't be scared."

Lex-Kat
2009-01-05, 04:28 AM
As she was driving, she kept glancing in the mirror. Hoping to catch a glance of her passenger.

When they near the building. Liberty will park in an underground parking garage. We'll walk the rest of the way.

They arive shortly after Blazing Knight makes his own presence known. So we have been brought together, again. She nods at Psiclops and Blazing Knight. And you are Legion, I assume. I am Liberty. So we now know everyone, except the voice that led me here.

Wiz
2009-01-05, 12:57 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops nods to the others as they arrive. "It seems we are back together again for much the same purpose." He looks at Ms. Liberty, "Voice?"

DJDeMiko
2009-01-05, 01:10 PM
Dios

Dios teleported to near the meeting and then walked casually the rest of the way. As he approaches the group already assembled, his eyebrows rise in obvious shock at those whose appearance is . . . not normal.

"So which of you placed the ad?," he says politely and then with a slightly harder edge, "and this better not be a waste of my time."

He is a tall, but not overly so white male. Below his Dolphins cap, he has short cut brown hair and unremarkable brown eyes. While those so inclined might deem Dios attractive, it would be in an offhand "yeah he's ok" sort of way. He is wearing brown boots, khaki cargo pants, an unmarked t-shirt and a blue Miami Dolphins wind breaker.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-05, 01:39 PM
Liberty looks to the heavens. Please tell me I'm not hearing things. She thinks to herself.

And you are...? She asks the new arrival.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-01-05, 05:00 PM
"It looks like everyone is here."

Legion turns to Dios. "I was the one who put the ad in the paper. Like the add said I want to take hype off of the streets, and you all wouldn't be here if you didn't feel the same way. Liberty, Psiclops and Blazing Knight already took out one distributor. I've got a line on another, he is known on the streets as 'The Torch', he calls himself 'Ogoun-La Flambeau,'. His name is Pierre Beauvais. He used to be a flunky for the Red Devil, with the Red Devil out of the picture he runs all of his action. He operates out of a old building in the center of Little Haiti. He styles it his peristyle, or voodoo temple. I had a chance to stop buy the place before coming here and from what I could see Beauvais' concept of voodoo come from Hollywood. That's the extent of my knowledge on the subject. Unfortunately to get this information I entered into a... contract. I agreed to kill Beauvais, and I'm not sure If I will be able to stop myself. If anyone has something to add please don't hold back. Psiclops you mentioned something about a demonic entity and a strangely dressed man?"

KnightDisciple
2009-01-05, 05:09 PM
'Lord, have mercy. Demons and vodoo priests? Just what this city needs...'
Having remained silent, so as to better take in his fellow...adventurers...,Blazing Knight speaks up.
"Well, if necessary, we'll stop you. I doubt the police would look kindly on those results, after all. Especially considering some of us are still finishing registration, so getting into a big scrap is iffy right at this moment. I'm certainly willing to help, but I'm curious if there's anything specifically time sensitive about this situation, or if some of us could wait to make sure we don't get arrested as soon as the cops show up?"

DJDeMiko
2009-01-05, 06:39 PM
Dios

Dios nods and looks around, he appears to be thinking and sizing the various members of the group up.

"Forgive me if I am warry at first," Dios says politely, "But it would be foolish of me to trust any of you at this point. I do hope that you understand, I wish it wasn't like that, but its a fact of life. Until I know you are trustworthy people, i can't trust you, and many of you probably feel the same way so I will not be offended."

Dios takes out a PDA and looks through a few files.

"Call me Dios for now. I have been investigating some of the hype trade for a few days now and have learned a few important things. It looks like there may be non-humanoid influence going on. I witnessed small creatures, who seem to have a penchant for water, disguised as humans who were acting as mid or high level suppliers."

"I witnessed a group kill a group of street dealers and then . . . well I think they disguise themselves by taking the skin of humans. Those gang members, who i believe are creatures in disguise, are at (hospital). They also seem to have little interest in money, as the rest of the group left the scene without even seeming to give a thought to money left at the scene."

Dios puts his PDA away.

Wiz
2009-01-05, 09:43 PM
Psiclops

The psion looks thoughtful, "I'm afraid that I can't be directly involved in anything until I have completed my registration process... I've been warned not to by the police. I have ways of gathering information though that I might be able to use to assist in taking down this dealer." He looks at Legion, "I have precognitive visions... not entirely under my control. I saw a figure like you praying to what seemed to be a daemonic entity... actually one that had many of your own physical characteristics... just more extreme. It seemed to be a creature of pure evil, and in my vision while you prayed it was tormenting a strangely dressed man."

Lex-Kat
2009-01-05, 10:18 PM
Well, while I am registered, I'd rather not go into battle unless I know that everyone here is also. I don't think the cop will take kindly to me fighting alongside unregistered heroes, again. She looks slightly displeased.

KnightDisciple
2009-01-06, 12:38 AM
BK nods at both Psiclops's and Liberty's words.
"Like they said, since I'm not registered yet, very much action could get awkward. That said...if anyone's acquired even a small sample of Hype, I could try to analyze it to determine base components, to better discover where the stuff is ultimately coming from. If we don't have any yet, I can wit until we take down this voodoo Torch character."

Odin the Ignoble
2009-01-06, 01:27 PM
"I'd rather not wait. Registering is important, but every minute we wait another kid gets addicted. If Dios is right and it isn't about money, then the longer we wait the closer whatever plan these creatures have comes to fruition. I know it might be a headache for those registering but I think innocent lives are more important than following proper protocol."

Legion turns to Dios. "Is there anything we can do to prove we're trust worthy?"

Lex-Kat
2009-01-06, 01:44 PM
True, saving people is more important than finishing the registry process. But when they, and maybe more of you, are taken away, who will continue the fight? Me?

This war won't be won in one day. We need to be prepared to fight for a long time to come.

DJDeMiko
2009-01-06, 03:58 PM
Dios

"Hero registration? What's that?"

Wiz
2009-01-06, 04:29 PM
Psiclops

The one-eyed hero looks at Dios, "If you want your actions as a super hero to be recognized legally, you need to register. It provides you with some protection for liability for damages you might cause while defending the public good and protects your identity when you testify against wrongdoers in court, hence it makes sure the whole process goes more smoothly. You wouldn't get much done as a hero if everyone you arrested was released on the technicality that your actions against them weren't approved."

KnightDisciple
2009-01-06, 04:36 PM
"Indeed. And while I understand the dire nature of this drug, I have to agree that I can't do much from a jail cell. Now, if there's some specific occurance tonight that requires immediate action, I might be convinced to do something. But I'm afraid that if it's just "another night", I can't risk being taken off the streets. I need to look at the long term here."

The_Snark
2009-01-06, 04:47 PM
As Psiclops explains the benefits of registration, Liberty hears a very, very soft whisper from her right, all but inaudible. The voice must be located right next to her ear, provided it's not some kind of unusually knowledgeable hallucination. "Don't want to talk. Too many people..."

Having apparently explained its reasons for staying quiet, the voice lapses back into silence, presumably still listening.

DJDeMiko
2009-01-06, 05:25 PM
Dios

Dios shakes his head and says "I have no need or intention of having any of my actions recognized. I'm not here to be a hero, I'm here because I want the drugs off the street."

Lex-Kat
2009-01-06, 07:12 PM
Liberty nods her head slightly, acknowledging the voice. That's not the point. I don't care about recognition, either. The point is, as Psi said, that without being registered, our actions are not legally recognized.

This means that unless you wish to go vigilante and kill the perpetrators, then thye might get away with their crimes, free of charge. It also means that their lawyers will come after you with financial charges for damages, destruction of property, medical bills, and whatever else they can think of.

And legally, they will be right. And you will end up broke, maybe even in superpower prison. I don't know about you, but I don't like being locked up.

DJDeMiko
2009-01-06, 08:05 PM
Dios

"Judging from what I saw, I don't think we need to worry about lawyers . . . unless creepy crab monsters that wear human bodies as disguises get lawyers. While I sympathize with you and your legal problems, I think those of us that don't have those problems need to deal with the problem at hand. Namely, what is our move."

Wiz
2009-01-06, 08:13 PM
Psiclops

The psionic hero looks surprised behind his mask, "I don't know anything about creepy crab monsters in human costumes... the people we fought were all humans or mutated humans, so regardless of your personal experiences I have no intention of killing drug dealers on the notion that they may not be human. I'm already responsible for one man dying through my lack of experience... I have no intention of building up a body count."

DJDeMiko
2009-01-06, 08:20 PM
Dios

"I'm not planning on killing anyone I don't have to, but as I said, I saw small creatures wearing a humans skin. I think we are dealing with far more than a simple small drug ring.

However, if you do not wish to risk your own freedom, I understand, but for now those of us willing to do something need to."

DJDeMiko
2009-01-06, 09:35 PM
Dios

Dios pauses to think a moment and then says, "no, my apologies, my desire to get the job done got in front of my better judgment. You are right to want to work within the law and I would advise any others among you who are not registered to do so. Here is what we should do for now, those of use who are already able to fight, we should go now and those of us who cannot, due what you legally can to aid us for now."

Wiz
2009-01-06, 09:54 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops does a double take at Dios' sudden shift. Is he bipolar or something? He nods cautiously, "As I said, I cannot help directly until this is done, but I have methods of gathering information, which I can pass to those who wish to start the process immediately. Dios, you also need to look toward registering, I think."

Lex-Kat
2009-01-06, 10:04 PM
Okay. So the obvious question is, who is registered and who is not? Liberty looks at the others. Waiting for their answers.

She also listens for her new friends answer.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-01-07, 12:02 AM
"I'm registered. A more prudent question might be who isn't registered and intends to? Although I hate to let the Hype epidemic get worse while we fill out paperwork, I won't be able to do much myself."

"While we are waiting for" Legion's jaw tightens, and he practically spits out his next words. "paperwork to clear we might as well try to find out what we can about Beauvais and these crab-people. Voice? Are you still with us? Do you have any leads that we could follow?"

Wiz
2009-01-07, 12:08 AM
Psiclops

Psiclops blinks his one eye, "You mean there is another individual who only manifests as a voice?" He looks around. "Do we know anything about this entity?"

Lex-Kat
2009-01-07, 12:34 AM
I just met her last night. All I know is she led me here and doesn't like me driving fast. She frowns at Legion.

KnightDisciple
2009-01-07, 02:35 AM
"Again, to me, it isn't fear of being locked up personally. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I have to look at the potential good I could accomplish if I'm patient...At any rate, I'm currently mid-registration. And as I mentioned, if you get a sample to me, I can attempt to analyze it for base components, to better determine where those may be coming from."
The large armored man pauses a moment. "Crab creatures or no, I'm not going to start throwing around lethal force. Unless they're perfectly immune to things like being knocked unconscious and tasers, I doubt it'll come to that."
He then goes silent, seemingly waiting for this "Voice" to say something.

The_Snark
2009-01-07, 04:53 AM
"Don't know anything about crab-things," the voice says aloud at last, sounding puzzled somehow, or maybe reluctant to speak. "Could follow Beauvais. He spends evenings at his temple; don't know where he sleeps, or spends his days."

"He's worried. He wanted to turn on the people who give him the Hype, but now he's scared he can't do it. He thinks the Little Cuban dealers tried that. "

Wiz
2009-01-07, 11:19 AM
Psiclops

Psiclops nods in the direction he can best guess that voice is coming from, "Good day, Voice... is there some other name you would prefer that we called you?"

The_Snark
2009-01-08, 12:29 AM
A brief silence follows the question, and then, "Like what?"

DJDeMiko
2009-01-08, 12:51 AM
Dios

Dios looks at the area the voice is coming from and takes out a small digital camera and snaps a quick video trying to see if the voice is visible on it.

"I will be registering as soon as it is convenient to do so," he says, "the only immediate threat I know of are the two . . . things in the hospital. Does anyone know of anything else?"

Wiz
2009-01-08, 01:05 AM
Psiclops

Psiclops chuckles, "Voice it is, then..." He looks at the others, Legion in particular. "I'll take the information I've learned here and I will see what I can find out. Then I will contact you again at the previous phone number. I know that letting hype stay on the streets a moment longer than necessary is a bad thing, but in the long run, registering will save lives... again, I hesitate to comment on things I know little about, but Legion. You might want to consider what these kids are doing... getting addicted to hype to give them the feel - or even the temporary reality of super powers to your own situation. It is enlightening to know that daemonic entities exist... making bargains with them to gain power and knowledge. How is that different from a hype addict? Just something for you to think about."

Odin the Ignoble
2009-01-08, 01:20 AM
Legion chuckles. "My.. current condition, is far from voluntary. I'd be happy to tell you more about it when I have the time. I'll see about getting a sample of hype for Blazing Knight to analyze. We should arrange another meeting, to compare notes before moving against Beauvais. Does tomorrow back here at the same time work?"

Lex-Kat
2009-01-08, 02:13 AM
Sounds good to me.

KnightDisciple
2009-01-08, 02:32 AM
"It works for myself as well."

Lex-Kat
2009-01-08, 03:23 AM
So, um, Voice. Do you need a ride anywhere?

The_Snark
2009-01-08, 05:37 AM
Dios's little camera displays nothing out of the ordinary. Well, nothing out of the ordinary besides a group of costumed heroes. On cursory inspection, there are no clues to the voice's source; it's hard to tell whether he even photographed the correct spot.

"No." the voice replies after a couple moments.

When Ms. Liberty leaves: ((This isn't something that'll happen no matter what—just something that the voice will be saying before Liberty gets back in her car; I figured I'd post it now so that it's not skipped over.))

As Liberty walks away from the others, the voice says softly. "Um. Would just fall through the back of the car if you went too fast. But... thanks."

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-07, 04:39 PM
The scene out front of the Miami Beach Convention Center is buzzing with activity. Ten police units line the front of the building, with several support vehicles and lines of officers and security barriers. The press is starting to arrive, as is a small crowd.

The front of the building, lined with glass doors, is covered by several screens of light blue energy, just behind the doors themselves, and just behind every window. In addition, a large hole in the roof, about the size of an automobile, also appears to be aglow. The wreckage of a car, once a beautiful concept vehicle, lies sprawled out on the street, with evidence of an impact on the opposite building. A creative imagination can reconstruct the words 'the car of tomorrow' along the side of the twisted metal.

Among a small group of uniformed officers near an unmarked car, the large frame of Detective Lieutenant Addler can be made out, coordinating efforts while listening to a headset held up to one ear. It is clear that he is focused and others are looking to him for orders.

Other than the blue fields, twisted metal, and the resulting impact zones, there is no sign of violence, or even activity, from the building being so scrutinized.

[OOC] Due to means of transportation, and other factors, Psiclops is the first to 'arrive.' Thereafter, Legion and Dios will arrive prior to Liberty and the Blazing Knight. The 'Voice' may or may not be already present. ;)

Psiclops is up.

Wiz
2009-02-07, 08:26 PM
Psiclops

Use telepathy to contact Detective Adler's mind.

Detective Adler, this is Psiclops, as you've requested I am not pursuing hero work in person; however, a colleague asked if I could help here. I have mentally scanned the convention center. If you wish, I can give you a report of what I have sensed...

Lord BayushiIf Adler indicates assent, I will pass to him what information I have gleaned. Then I will ask him if he wishes me to continue to report to him or to anyone else. OOC: I'm not rolling dice or spending END yet because it isn't in combat, let me know when you want me to start that. :)

DJDeMiko
2009-02-07, 10:37 PM
Dios

Dios will scope the scene out from distant rooftops before moving in. When he arrives, he will mingle the crowd and try to get more information while attempting to spot people from the other night.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-08, 12:30 AM
Legion

Legion teleports to a position a few yards away from Detective Adler and the other policemen with a muffled bampf. He then walks slowly towards the group, trying his best to appear unmenacing. "I'm here, I contacted some others who might be able to help. They should be here shortly. What is the situation?"

Lex-Kat
2009-02-08, 05:23 AM
Marissa parks in a garage about a block away from the convention center, changes into a black leather catsuit (the car has tinted windows, btw.). She then heads for Det. Adler and his squad.

Here I am, detective. She gives Legion a look. How may I be of assistance?

KnightDisciple
2009-02-08, 11:18 PM
Blazing Knight hops to the ground from rooftop a block or so away, and trots over to the detective. With a brief nod, he turns his attention to the building. Outwardly, he seems to just be staring at it. On the inside of the armor, he's running every scan he possibly can, while racking his brain for any similar events or phenomenon.
"Detective, any idea what that glow is? Offhand it appears to be a force field of some sort, but you probably have a better idea."

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-09, 09:26 AM
The detective stops addressing a fellow officer mid-sentence, eyes widening greatly. A second later, he shakes his head with a curse. Internally, he addresses the voice in his mind.

While I have some reservations, we need all the help we can get. There are nearly twenty people in there. Just stay out of my head, and out of the heads of my officers. Damn, this ESP crap is unnerving.

Having just started to explain his momentary lapse to his colleague, the sudden appearance of a red-skinned creature in near proximity brings officers from the whole area to arms. A quick "Wait, stand down!" from Addler keeps gunfire from erupting, but it is clear that these officers are near wits end.

"I called for some backup. This is Legion. He's here to help."

A moment later, Liberty is let through the crowd. The Blazing Knight follows shortly there-after.

Addler addresses Legion first. "That's who I called in, should I be expecting others? Wait, first things first."

Then, to the group. "Thank you all for coming. We have little information as of yet. We know there are nearly 20 civilians in there, either people setting up exhibits for this weekend's expo or people going to be working there. We know that the paranormal criminal Meltdown attacked with an unknown number of paranormal allies. We know that were casualties, we know that he is demanding one of the devices set for display that had not yet arrived, and we know he is willing to kill to get it."

He turns briefly to the building. "These are energy barriers of some kind. They are sturdy enough to repel gunfire, and they resist any attempt to break through them that we were able to muster before we were forced to stop our attempts."

"Meltdown has given us until two to produce the device, a sectional laser drill, whatever that means. If we attempt to enter the building, he will kill hostages. If we don't deliver the drill, he will kill hostages. We are not able to clearly see what is going on inside, but we are pretty sure that the hostages are broken up into groups, as are the assailants. Any attempt to attack one group will probably result in hostage casualties in another."

"The problem is that we don't have the drill he requested, and the owning company, Photon Integrated Energy Technologies, isn't willing to part with it at the moment, so we are having to work that angle. I just don't feel we have the time, and we are not dealing with reasonable individuals. We only have about forty minutes until that madman intends to start killing people, and, despite what the brass is telling me, I don't feel comfortable just sitting tight and hoping things will work themselves out."

He turns back to the assembled three. "I know it is asking a lot, but will you help us? There are lives on the line."

KnightDisciple
2009-02-09, 11:31 AM
Blazing Knight tips his head slightly to the side, digesting the information. A thought suddenly struck him, flying out of his memory to the forefront.
"Detective, you said that field resists gunfire, as well as "other attempts to breach it". What other attempts were made, specifically? I have an idea on at least some of the source for that field, but I want to confirm my suspicion."

DJDeMiko
2009-02-09, 12:14 PM
Dios

(Was informed that Dios was able to overhear the conversation without being seen)

Dios walks away from the crowd quickly and pulls on his ski mask with a mumbled "Damn this is going to be awkward."

He walks back, forcing his way to the front of the crowd and calls out to the assembled hero's.

"Legion, Knight," he calls loudly, "It's Dios."

Lex-Kat
2009-02-09, 01:55 PM
Well, I could shrink down and go through the vents. The vents have to be open, or he'll lose oxygen. I could take a camera with me so that we can see inside.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-09, 03:10 PM
Legion

"Detective Adler, I'd like to introduce Dios. He's another of the people I called. Psiclops is supposed to be here as well," Legion looks around. "but I don't see him."

"I think that we need to get an idea of what is going on on the inside before we try anything. We can try Liberty's vent idea. Once we get an idea what is generating the force field, I should be able to teleport past the field and disable whatever is creating it."

KnightDisciple
2009-02-09, 03:34 PM
BK nodded at the others as they came.
"Legion, I have a guess as to what's generating the field, but I'm not certain. That's why I asked the detective what methods they had attempted to use to breach the field. That will allow me to further speculate on the nature of the field, and what potential generating method has been employed."

Wiz
2009-02-09, 04:10 PM
Psiclops

Each of the "heroes" gets the following message.

This is Psiclops and I am here... in mind if not body. I offered my assistance to Detective Adler, but he would rather I stay out of his mind and those of his men... this is what I've scanned so far.

Within the structure, there are almost two dozen people. The largest group, slightly more than one dozen, are huddled together in one area. Fear and frustration are clouding the thoughts of these people, all of whom are confined and feeling threatened. Nearby, two other minds, both with feelings of anxiety and excitement, are waiting and impatient. One is under some strain, as if concentrating to maintain a juggling act, while the other is concerned for the concentrating one.

Deeper within the building, a pair of minds is near one another with very different mindsets. One is utterly terrified and helpless, while the other is aggressive, bored, and annoyed.

Deeper still, the remainder of the minds are in a final area. These people are much like the first large group, though there is a more a feeling of dread and discomfort among them than the others. At least one member of this group is seriously injured, and all feel that they are in mortal danger. They have a single image clear in their minds, a lone man looming above them with strange mechanical devices interconnected to his body in various places. He is hovering among and around them, a regal cape fluttering around him and a sneer on his face. Most concerning of all, however, is my inability to get a clear fix on this man's mind. Some form of mental shielding and static prevents my probe.

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-09, 04:13 PM
Absorbed in the workings of directing the situation, it takes Det. Addler a moment to respond. A moment later, he turns first to the armored figure. "The barriers resisted a shotgun at point blank range, as well as a solid kick, a night-stick, and a fire axe. Then, the car was thrown out of the building, with a promise that the next time it would be a hostage and not a car."

He looks at Dios as he waves him through the police line. "Are you here to rob a liquor store, son?"

He turns back to Legion. "As for Psiclops, he is here somewhere. He contacted me with telepathy."

"Look, whatever you do, be careful. We don't want anyone hurt. The SWAT guys probably have a fiber-optic camera, I will have someone bring it. Remember, we don't have much time."

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-09, 04:51 PM
Legion

"I think that we may have just found out what or who is generating the field. I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that the man doing the mental juggling act is the is the one keeping up the barrier. Doing something that large has got to be difficult."

Legions eyes become unfocused as he tries to respond mentally to Psiclop's statement. "Can you take the juggler out or at least mess up his juggling mentally?"

KnightDisciple
2009-02-09, 05:29 PM
Knight nods. He says out loud, and thinks towards Psiclops,
"Well, that would scrap my theory on the shield, but that's alright. The best bet sounds like a three-pronged assault. Maybe Liberty takes the aggressive member of the isolated duo, Psiclops hits the guy juggling the field, possibly with Dios taking on the other hostile, and Legion, and myself if I can get in, goes after the guy hovering over the group. Detective, two more questions. First, did anyone try simply walking through the field? Not running, but stepping through? I'm sorry if it sound silly, but I'm trying to get the best understanding possible of the nature of it. Secondly, is there an approach you think some of us, myself at the least, could take that wouldn't be as obvious for getting into the building?"

DJDeMiko
2009-02-09, 05:48 PM
Dios

"I prefer not having the press know what my face looks like and I thought that the Nixon mask would be in poor humor."

"If we can find an empty room, through a fiber optics camera or a clear window, i could see if it is possible to teleport through the barrier."

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-10, 11:11 AM
An officer from the SWAT unit arrives with a fiber optic camera in hand, and, with word from the detective, hands it to Liberty.

When he again breaks away from coordination, he answers the Knight's question. "It's a physical barrier, a wall. It resists bullets, pressure, bodies, you name it. All of the entrances that are large enough for an adult to pass through are as you see here, blocked with barriers. The air-vents are small, but if the lady says she can shrink, well, then she might be able to get through."

"Remember, they have hostages in there. If you take action, you need to do it in a way that engages each of the assailants at once, so that they can't harm the civilians. Don't do anything offensive until we have a clear picture of what is going on in there. I don't want your assumptions costing lives."

Lex-Kat
2009-02-10, 10:04 PM
Liberty smiles at the officer. Thanks. She says as she takes the camera. ((Is it in a carrying case?))

She looks at Det. Adler. What is the best way for me to access the ventilation systems? And I have no intention of starting a fight until we know where the lead moron is. I don't want any of the captives dying any more than you do. She scowls at him.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-10, 11:04 PM
Legion

Legion turns to face Detective Adler. "Are the radio's secure? Can she tell us what she sees over the radio or will we have to wait until she can crawl back through the ventalation?" He nods to Dios and Bright Knight. "We should probably get in position so we can go in as soon as we get an idea of where everything is in the inside."

Wiz
2009-02-11, 02:04 AM
Psiclops

Psiclops focuses back on the man who was mentally juggling, trying to scan deep, but quietly so as not to alert him.

Ego attack: [roll0]; Telepathy [roll1]

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-11, 10:08 AM
The camera is inside a small carrying case, about a quarter the size of a briefcase and made of plastic with simple flip open fasteners. The camera itself is about the size of a PDA, with a long fiber optic cable, about 2 1/2 feet long, attached at one end. The case also contains a battery pack, about the size of a pack of cigarettes (but about 50% thicker), with a short cable that plugs into the camera. The camera also has connections for other cables, but no other equipment is present in the case.

Det. Addler addresses Liberty first. "We don't have the blueprints yet. The only ventilation we can be sure of would be on the roof, near the AC units."

He turns then to Legion. "We have been operating under the premise that they can listen in on our radios, though we don't know for sure. According to our transmitted traffic, you people aren't here, and I would like to keep it that way. Maybe your psychic friend could help you with a more secure means of communications."

DJDeMiko
2009-02-11, 11:54 AM
Dios

"where can we view the video?"

DJDeMiko
2009-02-11, 04:45 PM
Dios

Dios attempts to contact Psiclops mentally. Dios has no psychic powers though.

"uhhh, Mr. Clops? Can you hear this?"

If Psiclops can hear then Dios will ask him to relay a message, if not then Dios will quietly inform the others.

"I want to go with Miss Liberty, I have a few devices that can aid us in peeking into the building that I'd rather keep quiet. Once I have a visual on an area large enough and empty to teleport into, I'd like to test teleporting through the barrier."

Wiz
2009-02-13, 01:51 PM
Psiclops

Ego Attack: [roll0] To contact Dios (if he is willing it should be automatic), Mind Touch: [roll1] to make the mind touch (no need to make it inobvious - if he's willing it should be automatic) burn 3 END.
Separate Ego ATtack: [roll2] To speak to Dios (if he is willing it should be automatic), Telepathy: [roll3] (no need to make it inobvious - if he's willing it should be automatic) burn 3 END.
Maintain contact and take appropriate penalty on other rolls.
This mental juggling is getting a little complicated. Speaking of which, the other juggler is definitely keeping tabs on the force fields, but I have no direct sense that individual is causing them. I'll keep a touch on your mind, Dios, it will make things difficult contacting other minds, but I think it might be necessary, relay what I've told you to the others. Oh, and, what did you need?

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-15, 12:25 PM
Legion waits with Detective Adler, impatiently waiting a better description of the situation on the inside. He begins silently praying for the safty of the hostages on the inside.

Lex-Kat
2009-02-15, 02:33 PM
When Det. Adler points her in the direction of the AC units, Liberty takes the camera, and makes her way twards them. She takes a long, indirect route so that if the evils inside are watching, they hopefully won't notice her.

Once she gets to the side of the building, she will manipulate her size so that she's thinner and longer, then pull herself up to the roof. Moving stealthily, as in big movements, but speedily also.

DJDeMiko
2009-02-15, 03:36 PM
Dios

To the others - "Psiclops doesn't know exactly who is creating the force field. He's also having some trouble keeping tabs on everyone."

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-16, 08:57 PM
Ms. Liberty makes here way to the roof, where the air-vents are present, with no indication of her detection. Once there, she finds that while she will have no trouble navigating the tight spaces due to her unique abilities, a normal sized adult would never be able move freely in such a space. Dios wouldn't be able to follow her directly.

On the ground, Det. Addler continues to control the police situation. Over the radio receiver, he is in contact with the city negotiators that are speaking with the PIET people, still trying to negotiate for the drill. Their efforts are not making headway. Det. Addler's frustration with that end of the effort is beginning to show.

[OOC] Ms. Liberty, make me a couple of rolls for stealth when navigating the air vents. Dios, you have no way to follow her through the vents, they are just too narrow. Psiclops, it occurs to you, even though you are taxed with your current support role, you also might have the ability to help sway the negotiation for the drill, if you wanted to switch gears in that direction.

DJDeMiko
2009-02-17, 09:46 AM
Dios

Dios hands liberty a small video bug and says "take this with you please, it's my own device and I'd prefer having as few people as possible know that I carry such things. When you get to a large and empty space . . . rather if you do, I am going to attempt to teleport in."

ooc - sorry for not bringing up that I had the equipment during the video camera discussions, I just forgot that he had them after the break :)

Wiz
2009-02-18, 02:25 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops sends to Dios: I'm keeping the link open, send if you need assistance. I'm going to check and see if I can help from another angle.
See if I can backtrack to the PIET people and find out who is in charge there, then try to lock on - Ego Attack: [roll0] - minus whatever appropriate penalty for keeping Dios link open; Mind Scan (quiet): [roll1] (spend 4 END); if second Ego Attack is needed for Telepathy: [roll2]; Telepathy (quiet): [roll3] (spend 4 END).

Lex-Kat
2009-02-19, 08:40 PM
Liberty pockets the video bug. Sure thing.

She climbs into the vent and makes her way inside.

Stealth 1 [roll0]
Stealth 2 [roll1]

She has a 13 in stealth skill.

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-20, 01:29 PM
In her reduced state, Liberty finds that it takes some effort in order for her to haul the camera about behind her through the vents. Inches seem like yards, but she creeps along to the first opening into the building itself to find she is high above the open area of the convention center. Her view is somewhat obscured by hanging lighting and expo advertisements, but she can clearly make out the two large groups.

The group nearest the lobby is tightly packed together, surrounded in a dome of the same blue glow of the barriers covering the doorways. On the top of the dome-barrier, a mass of twisted metal, formerly a heavy lighting fixture from the ceiling of the building, is perched above the captives. If the barrier were to disappear, many of the hostages would be crushed or pinned beneath the metal.

Farther away, nearer the back of the center, the other group is huddled together more loosely. There is no obvious barrier or bonds keeping them in place. One of the group is laying in the center of several others, the red of blood standing out obviously against white clothing.

Deploying the camera and it's zoom feature, she is able to make out two figures, a man and a woman, outside the blue glow of the first group. Both are dressed alike, in clothing that is reminiscent of figure skating costumes, and they have similar features, hair color, and builds, and look like quite the matched pair. One, the man, is pacing about the area, while the woman is seated in a chair, her brow contorted in thought.

A sudden sound draws attention from all inside the building, including Liberty. The cries of a man, suspended several feet in the air, and being twirled around by a chain which is entangling his body. The force of the action is being provided by a massive figure, nearly seven feet in height and more than half that broad, who is seemingly amusing himself in the midst of the half-prepared displays for the expo. His face is mostly obscured behind an armored helm, but the smirk on his face is obvious.

In the area around the last group, a figure is flying above the ground, his attentions on the hostages. He is obviously bored, and somewhat displeased, but is not addressing anyone. He is clothed in an armored costume, complete with a regal cape, and has mechanical devices interlaced with his body at several points. He is easily recognized as the villain, Meltdown, and you have little doubt that the hostages around him are held in place by fear, alone, which is quite enough.

From her vantage point, Liberty believes she can use her abilities to reach a cat-walk above the area, which would allow her to return to her normal size undetected. The area would be exposed to sound, however, so a teleportation from outside could alert the captors. If she crawled farther through the vents, she might be able to make it into one of the rooms surrounding the main convention center floor, which include offices, private display areas, restrooms, and closets.

[OOC] Through the bug she was provided, Liberty would have been able to transmit all of these images, though somewhat distorted, back to Dios, and so then, to the majority of the group. 'Voice,' you would have been able to pick up many of these details as well, through your own unique means. Psiclops' attentions are elsewhere, at the moment.

Due to the vast size of the convention center floor, each of the groups of villains are actually several tens of yards apart from one another, but close enough to be able to see and hear what is going on around each other (though certainly somewhat obscured). Any assault on one group would certainly alert the others.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-20, 11:21 PM
Legion frowns as he watches the reconnaissance images. "This doesn't look good. When we move we'll have to do it fast, hitting everywhere as close to simultaneously as possible. I suggest we all pick marks and try to take them out, or at least keep them distracted so the hostages have a chance to escape. I think that I can take care of the chandelier before the field drops it on the hostages." He turns looking at the others. "Does anyone think that they can save the guy swinging from the chain before the big one does something unpleasant to him?"

DJDeMiko
2009-02-21, 12:14 AM
Dios

"I definitely cannot. I can teleport in and attempt to disable one of the attackers though."

Lex-Kat
2009-02-21, 03:41 AM
Liberty, after shooting the last bit of footage, will set off to find one of the rooms surrounding the main convention center floor. Hopefully one of the private display areas. But she'll settle for a women's restroom, or even a closet, if that's all she can find.

Stealth [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]
Stealth [roll2]
(Stealth skill = 13)

KnightDisciple
2009-02-21, 09:38 AM
BK assumes a thinking pose. "Well, theoretically, I could. The only problem is, unless someone else can teleport me in, I'm going to have to wait for that barrier to come down. If and when that happens, I should be able to be inside and on target within a minute. But again, that's only if someone else can't port me."

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-21, 01:16 PM
Legion looks at Blazing Knight, trying to estimate his weight. "I might be able to. Although you might be to massive for me to be able to take you with me. We could try it before trying to get through the barrier."

((Legion has times two mass on his teleport, so provided Blazing Knight hasn't bought growth or density increase Legion should be able to take him in at teh same time.))

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-21, 08:19 PM
Inside the vents, Liberty makes her way to the edge of the convention center floor. On the floor below, she still hears the cries of the man being swung around by the chain.

The first room that she comes to is enclosed and dark, but further ahead she sees light. She finds that vent leads into a janitorial storage closet, crowded with items and only large enough for one person, at most, to occupy at a time.

Outside, the Blazing Knight subsides any worries he might have about being teleported for the first time, especially by a demon. Whatever fear he may have of suddenly appearing in Hell, never to be heard from again, is eventually overcome as he agrees to allow Legion to test his ability. The short and instantaneous trip leaves him with a profound feeling of nausea, but he seems to be in one piece, for now.

Legion demonstrates that he can transport the armored man, despite his bulk.

[OOC] Liberty, assuming you transmit the locations you come across, you give Dios two potential options. He can attempt to teleport into the close quarters of the closet, or into the darkness of the other room, which may or may not be safer. If you wanted to help him, you could explore the darkened room in a hope to find a safer place for him to attempt to teleport into.

Dios, the closet could be a risk. If you choose to teleport into it's cramped quarters, you will have to give me a Teleport Skill check, (3d6, you want LOW). If you fail it, you will take some degree of damage from the appearing partially within an object (like a mop bucket), and cause quite a racket. You could also just attempt to teleport into the darkened room and hope there is room to do so safely, but you could also wind up waist deep in a computer monitor, so it's up to you.

BK, I am not really sure that your character would be okay with the idea of being teleported about by Legion, but once you allow him to try, he successfully does so.

The hostage at the mercy of the huge figure inside is still being twirled about like a flail. At what point he gets bored with his toy and tries something more violent is a question that weighs heavily on each of your brows.

Let me know what you are up to, folks.

Lex-Kat
2009-02-21, 08:27 PM
Liberty will check the camera to see if it has infrared or night options.

If not, she will climb down, carefully, and check out the room.

Stealth 1 [roll0]
Stealth 2 [roll1]
Stealth 3 [roll2]

KnightDisciple
2009-02-22, 02:53 PM
OOC: Sorry for reply delay. The forums being ornery and me following other boards adds up. :smallsigh:

Blazing Knight is tense as Legion teleports them, but his major fears are calmed. Unnerving as the...man...may be, Knight is willing to give him a chance.
"Well, other than feeling sick, that worked fine. So long as you don't do a whole bunch of those in a row, I should be fine; I bounce back quick, generally speaking. When we're ready, I'll be riding with Legion. We can split up as necessary inside."
Knight stops for a moment and thinks things over.
"Ok. Who's going after the weird twins, who's going after Meltdown, and who's going after the big dude with a single hostage? Looking at our combat abilities, I'd say offhand I should likely go after one of the big guys. Any thoughts?"

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-22, 05:35 PM
"After we make sure that the man on the chain, and the hostages are safe, I can try and deal with Meltdown, or at least hold him off until you guys can subdue the others and make sure the hostages are safe."

"Speaking of which, Blazing Knight, we should probably get into a closer position. The range on my teleport is limited, and I'd like to get as close to the center as possible with a single shot."

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-22, 06:34 PM
Liberty finds that the darkened area is an office, with several desks and computers set up for regular operation. It takes some time for her to locate a light switch, after which point it becomes apparent that this area has a door leading into the man center floor. That door is locked, however.

[OOC] Dios, Psiclops, and (perhaps) Voice, let me know what your set up actions are. We are about to move into a combat situation, so any last minute setup should be mentioned now.

DJDeMiko
2009-02-22, 10:18 PM
Dios

Dios will try teleporting into the empty office room.

If combat erupts Dios will draw his gun and teleport to the target and try to get the person to surrender. If necessary he will shoot the person in as non-lethal a way as possible such as in the arm or leg.

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-24, 09:09 PM
Dios makes it into the office room, but there is still the matter of the locked door.

Any other actions or preparation from anyone?

Wiz
2009-02-24, 09:11 PM
Psiclops

Psiclops rides the tenuous connection of thought with Dios, relaxing and preparing to act where the other hero might need help.

KnightDisciple
2009-02-24, 09:37 PM
Blazing Knight moves with Legion to his desired distance and location.
"Well, to secure the hostages, we'll likely have to engage all of the hostiles simultaneously. I think Liberty and Dios can take on the duo. I'll go after the helmet guy with the chained hostage, if you can try to at least stall and distract Meltdown. As I recall, he deals with energy fields, and my weapons are all energy based. As each of us downs a target, we help whoever needs it. Psiclops will, I presume, be supporting with mental efforts through this."

DJDeMiko
2009-02-24, 09:48 PM
Dios

"I would prefer to take on the armored figure with the chains, my attacks can be . . . quite lethal and I might be able to disable him instead of kill him."

KnightDisciple
2009-02-24, 10:02 PM
Blazing Knight pauses to think.
"Right then. Liberty and I hit the evil twins, Legion hits Meltdown, you take on Helmet Boy. Liberty and I should wrap up quick; she can go help you if necessary, and I'll back up Legion. Likely we'll all end up ganging up on Meltdown; I have a feeling he'll be a tough one. Any alternate ideas for who goes after whom?"

Wiz
2009-02-24, 11:28 PM
Psiclops

Dios, I'd like you to point out that we need to be careful of whomever or whatever is generating those fields... if they go down the hostages will be crushed.

Lex-Kat
2009-02-24, 11:57 PM
Liberty will check the door to see if it can be unlocked form the inside or if she needs to pick the lock.

If she needs to pick the lock, she will attempt to do so now.

Lockpicking [roll0] Needs under 13 or under.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-26, 12:38 AM
Legion

"I think I can take care of the wreckage, I want to get it out of the way before anyone gets hurt. Psiclops? Could give us all a count down so we can all move simultaneously? If we move fat enough we might be able to hit them before they can react in a consolidated manner."

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-26, 10:57 AM
Inside the building, the cries of the chained man become more pronounced, as does the sound of crashing and impact. The large man seems to be testing his hostage's capacity as a wrecking ball on nearby stalls and displays.

Deeper inside, one of the hostages near Meltdown becomes unnerved at the sight.

"No, not me. They are going to kill us all. No one's coming. We have to get out of here!"

Several of his compatriots try to silence the panicked man, but to no avail. The cybernetic villain raises his voice in snarling anger.

"I warned you pathetic creatures to sit still and quietly. Obviously, I have been too merciful. Another example needs to be made."

The entire group of hostages raises their voices in terror, as the villain prepares to carry out his threat.

[OOC] Liberty, with her ear near the door as she picks the lock (successfully), hears what is going on clearly. Dios, having just arrived within, hears the crashes, then the disturbance deeper in, followed by Meltdown's threat and the screams. Through the continued telepathy with Dios, Psiclops is aware of the events, as is anyone listening in directly to the inside of the building. Outside, Legion, the Blazing Knight, and the police are unaware of what is happening inside.

Liberty, Dios, and Psiclops, all of you can take action to interrupt what ever the villain has in mind, if you move NOW. From there, things will move into a normal combat mode, like happened in the battle at Liberty City.

Tactically (based on the map shown at http://www.miamibeachconvention.com/100/FloorPlans.asp), Liberty and Dios are in the offices on the ground floor, to the left side of Hall A, below where it shows a square area marked Exit.

The twins, and their group of hostages, are near the main lobby area, in the front of the building where the Hall B Lobby and Hall B meet. The big man with the chained hostage is among the displays (many of which are rubble, between his own outbursts and now, his 'wrecking ball' game), about where Hall A and Hall D meet, nearer the center of the building. Meltdown, and his group of hostages, are near the middle of Hall C. That area held many of the larger displays (like the car), and has been mainly cleared of intervening structures (probably by the large man, earlier).

For scale, the large convention center floor (the area marked Halls A-D) is about 260 yards long by 210 yards wide (based on stats from the website), which translates into 130 game inches by 105 game inches. That means that this area is VERY large, with lots of distances to cover and long shots that can be taken. Most of you have powers that can move you about 20 game inches in a full Phase, so that should help to put things in perspective.

Best guess, Liberty and Dios, is that the nearest bad-guy, with the chain, is about 35 game inches from the room you are in.

Non-Combat teleporting, an option for Dios and Legion, can put you anywhere you can perceive in the area, but will take a full Phase, and will leave you (and anyone you take with you) at 1/2 DCV when you arrive. Blind Non-Combat teleporting is NOT recommended. It could easily leave you, and anyone with you, as a permanent part of the walls.

Rolls and END costs start now. Psiclops, Liberty, and Dios, you're up.

Wiz
2009-02-26, 01:19 PM
Psiclops

Dios, I'm breaking contact to focus on Mr. Wrecking Ball, if he stops harming hostages, leave him alone for the moment.

Full out mind attack w/ Mind Control to litterally take control of "wrecking ball's" actions, wear him like a suit (if I can do that) or command him to attack Meltdown if I can't, and forget about being quiet or any such thing... Ego Attack: [roll0]; Mind Control (8d6 w/ telepathic control advantage) 5 END +2d6 from burning 10 END): [rollv]10d6[/rolvl] Messed that roll up, check here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5823987&posted=1#post5823987).

Lex-Kat
2009-02-26, 09:50 PM
Liberty will open the door so that Dios can see where he is going. I think we need to go, NOW! She says into the camera, then drops it, as gently as she can.

She then runs out into the center, and heads for the twins, as instructed.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-27, 08:03 PM
Legion waits impatiently outside. He stands ready to teleport Bright Knight and himself into the convention center as soon as he receives the signal.

((Is Legion close enough to the camera feed to hear Liberties demand that they act? Either Legion has a perception roll of 13-, could he hear the commotion inside the building be any chance?

PER ROLL [roll0]))

DJDeMiko
2009-02-27, 09:17 PM
Dios will teleport up to mr. chainy

Lord Bayushi
2009-02-28, 02:33 PM
Liberty slips into the main convention center floor, hidden from clear view by displays. Her approach toward the front lobby area, though not stealthy, seems widely unnoticed.

Dios concentrates for a moment, crossing the distance across the floor to the large armored figure in the blink of an eye. His sudden appearance draws notice from both the chain wielder, and Meltdown.

At such a close distance, the figure before him is obviously clad in a dark green, heavy, sloped armor, much more akin to something from mid-evil times reinforced with tank armor than anything that would resemble modern body armor. Any normal man would be crushed under the weight, but this figure bears it without notice.

The domed-helmet (much resembling a certain famous Marvel 'unstoppable force' that shall remain trademarked) shows only his eyes and mouth, while parts of his arms are visible under plated bands and gauntlets. Those arms are interlaced with small devices, more subtle than those covering much of Meltdown, but certainly of similar design. It would seem this man has been 'empowered' by the villain, as many of his former associates have.

The hulking man shows shock at Dios' sudden arrival for only a split second, then his eyes blank and his expression becomes devoid of expression. Wordlessly, he releases the chain mid-swing, causing the victim to become airborne for several yards before angling toward the ground. The armored man turns to face the lobby area, and takes off at a full sprint, plowing through displays and debris alike without care or impediment.

Meltdown, having turned to face Dios' in mid-air, barks at his mesmerized minion.

"Powerhouse, what the hell are you doing?! And you, ski mask boy, did you come here to die? You won't go alone! Barrage, Barricade, those fools are trying something. Show them how we punish interlopers!"

He raises his arm, circuitry along the forearm and palm glowing and mechanical pieces reconfiguring to resemble a barrel of a gun. He takes aim at the chained hostage, helplessly falling through the air. A beam of concentrated energy is released, intended to burn through the man before he reaches the floor.

[OOC] Well, here's what's happening. Liberty has remained unnoticed at the moment, and Dios made quite the entrance. Psiclops has seized the weak mind of Powerhouse, and sent him charging at the twins, Barrage and Barricade. Outside, Legion and the Blazing Knight are still waiting.

There is no video feed, as the only device with a feed that Liberty had was the bug given to her by Dios, who is now in the building as well. Taxed with controlling the villain inside, Psiclops was not able to communicate with the two outside the building. Blazing Knight's armor has advanced hearing sensors, so, now that there is a great deal of noise inside from commotion, he could hear something (give me a roll with your next post).

The only villain able to react at the moment is Meltdown himself, who has barked orders and taken aim at a hostage. Dios, you could attempt to abort to tackle the hostage (not technically in the rules, but heroic enough that I would allow it), potentially taking the shot yourself rather than allowing him to be struck. If you wish to do so, give me two rolls, one for your Teleport Powers skill, and another for a DEX check. If you succeed at both, Meltdown will be against your DCV instead of the hostage's, which will still be halved. At this range, he could miss, or you could find yourself blasted. Either way, if you make the checks, you will have taken the hostage out of harm's way.

BK, give me your hearing check. Dios, tell me what you want to do (you don't have to abort, you could just let him get fried...) Then, we will move forward.

KnightDisciple
2009-02-28, 02:44 PM
( I'm rusty at this after our long break from action :smallwink:, and need to refresh myself on using the board roller. I'm also going to assume a standard 3d6 roll.)

Blazing Knight's sensors suddenly strain, trying to see if the game has gone afoot.

"Just a sec, I think the party's starting..."

KnightDisciple
2009-02-28, 02:49 PM
(Ok, for reals now)
[roll0]

DJDeMiko
2009-02-28, 09:25 PM
Without a question dios will try to move in front of the blast.

I am at my fiance's grandmothers place using her mac and dont have access to my character, or really know exactly what to roll. I will do it when I get home sunday night

Lord Bayushi
2009-03-03, 09:06 AM
Using his sensors to enhance his hearing, Blazing Knight hears the frenzy of activity within the building. Something was happening. Adjusting pitch and frequency, he tunes his hearing just in time to hear Meltdown's last sentence. Someone had made a move.

Within, Dios quickly judged the distance between himself and the helpless hostage, blinking in mid-air and putting his own body in between the man and the harm of the energy beam.

The long shot goes wide, the beam travels past both hero and hostage, to impact the front wall of the building with impressive force. Outside, a hole a foot wide is blown through the building clear to the street, and for a moment everyone fears the worst.

Legion hears the explosion just as the Blazing Knight turns to tell him what is happening within.

[OOC]
Meltdown's attack roll: [roll0]

Okay folks, it's now Turn 0, Phase 12. Everyone is aware, everyone can act. Order of action is Legion, BK, Liberty, Villain, Dios, Villain, Psiclops, Villain, Villain. Please post in order, as it may matter to a person that is acting after you. If you want to hold your action until someone else has gone, please post that intention when you are supposed to post an action.

Legion and BK are outside the front of the building. With a half-Move teleport, you could make it to the lobby area (marked Lobby B on the map), but would still be short of the hostages in that area. A full-Move would allow you to cover the distance. You are still teleporting blind, even though you have an idea of where you want to be from previous data. You will need to give me a standard 3d6 roll when you are teleporting, either way. Pray to the dice gods that a really high number doesn't come up. BK, you should pray to them too, as you will share whatever bad stuff happens should said roll go poorly.

Liberty, you are now about 35 game inches from the area with the twins and hostages, and can neither see clearly nor be seen clearly due to displays in the way. You do know that you are heading the right direction. On foot, you can only move about 16 inches per phase, even at Non-combat speed. If you used your Personal Brachiation ability (which means lengthening your arms and swinging from the ceiling by them, as if they were cables), you can cover 20 inches and keep your full DCV (or even 40 inches, if you don't care about how hard you are to hit), as well as lift yourself above the displays so you can have a clear view. The downside is you will probably be noticed and become a clear target (no cover).

Dios, you aborted your action this Phase in order to catch the hostage. Your turn will only consist of falling the short distance to the ground and hoping he doesn't pee on you.

Psiclops, your current target is slower than you, so, if you want to wait and see if he breaks your control before you act, you will have to delay until after his action.

Voice, if you have anything to add, hit me with a PM, and we will determine how to filter it in.

Combat has started, folks. Legion, you are up.

Wiz
2009-03-03, 10:46 AM
Psiclops

Psiclops rides along with his target, keeping a mental eye on the events/surroundings.

I will hold action against the possibility of the big guy breaking free. If it ever comes up against another mental action, and I'm about to lose it, let it go. If it comes up against a physical action and I'm about to lose it... do a recovery, but always the priority is to keep an action in hand to recontrol Juggernaut (Edited by the MARVELous crew).

Odin the Ignoble
2009-03-03, 03:33 PM
"Time to go." Legion does a half-move teleport with Blazing Knight, hopefully into he lobby.

[roll0]

Assuming he hasn't embedded himself and Blazing Knight into a solid object, he'll make another half move with Blazing Knight towards the nearest group of hostages.

Lord Bayushi
2009-03-03, 05:34 PM
The teleport into the lobby is successful. Before them, the Blazing Knight and Legion see the male and female duo of Barrage and Barricade (though, which is which?), dressed in tight fitting costumes much in the styling of a figure skating pair. Their dark blue, light gray, and silver attire is a full body suit for the man, and a short skirted, long sleeved one-piece for the female, with exactly reversed patterns of color and trim.

Also in the lobby is the group of about a dozen hostages, confined in a dome of glowing blue, much like the barriers around the building. Resting on top of the dome, a large, twisted wreck of what used to be one of the ceiling light fixtures, several hundreds of pounds of metal and glass hanging above the hostages ominously.

Legion's second teleportation brings he and the Knight within a few feet of the glowing dome, drawing the attention of the twins.

[OOC] Legion, you didn't put the two of you into a wall. And it's BLAZING Knight, not Bright Knight. He may not be bright at all (HA HA, made a funny...)

Tactically, all of the hostages are confined into a tight group of three adjacent game hexes (about a 6 ft radius circle) with the dome around them. The second teleport puts you guys adjacent to the dome, and about 4 and 6 game inches respectively from the man and the woman.

BK, you're up.

KnightDisciple
2009-03-04, 10:54 AM
Blazing Knight

Shaking his head to clear the disorientation, Blazing Knight quickly realizes what must be done. His jump jets activate, carrying him to the top of the dome of energy. Quickly, before the hostile realize what he's doing, he grabs the twisted mass of metal and heaves it over to one side, off the dome, thereby removing the threat to the hostages.

(OOC: tell me what, if any, rolls I need to make)

Lord Bayushi
2009-03-04, 12:30 PM
Both of the twins spin to face the sudden commotion behind them. The wreckage slams to the floor with reverberating force as Legion and the Knight face off against them.

[OOC] No rolls needed for your actions, BK. The hostages may no longer be in immediate danger, but they are still confined.

Liberty, you're up.

Lex-Kat
2009-03-04, 11:11 PM
Liberty runs around the displays towards the action. She thinks about going over, but dismisses it.

When she gets closer to the real action (past most of the displays), she begins to grow larger, to her maximum of 6 meters, so that she covers a little more distance.

DJDeMiko
2009-03-04, 11:52 PM
Dios

ooc - the villain goes first BUT

Dios heroically hits the ground and valiantly tries to not be peed on.

Lord Bayushi
2009-03-05, 10:06 AM
Liberty reaches the area between display sections, and grows to a much larger size in the isle between the convention center hall sections. She is certain that she has been noticed now.

The twins spare only a glance at one another before they move into coordinated action. Simultaneously, both become surrounded in fields of shimmering blue, a paler shade of the same energy making up the dome and barriers. Their force fields taper at their feet, lifting them both off the ground a few inches suspended by 'blades' of force. They push against the ground, as if skating, and gracefully circle around what open area there is in order to pick up speed and attempt to flank both Legion and BK.

The woman speaks as she looks over the newcomers, raising her voice to be heard across the large area.

"Meltdown, we have more company," she states, then her face twists in disgust as she takes in the demonic visage of Legion, "and it's ugly!"

With a flourish of hand motions, she gestures to herself and her partner. Both energy fields glow brighter and take on the darker shade that matches the other barriers exactly.

Her partner, as if on cue, cuts suddenly deeper into the lobby, lining Legion and BK up in an angled line. The tips of each of his fingers glow brightly in blue, and he motions at each of the heroes, the bright pinpoints of light becoming sharpened talons of force, hurling through the air at bullet-like speed.

[OOC]
Liberty, you make it to a clearer area and grow to larger size.

Attack Rolls (Rapid Autofire); Legion [roll0]; BK [roll1]

Legion, BK, each of you have a volley of attacks incoming. You may abort to defensive actions (Dodge or Dive for Cover) if you wish (costing you your first action in the upcoming turn), otherwise you each feel confident that you will be peppered with force-projectiles. Post or PM me either way (abort or not), so we can move forward.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-03-05, 05:20 PM
Legion holds his ground, unwilling to waste a single second dodging. Every second wasted dodging is one that he could use to help the hostages and defeat Meltdown.

Lord Bayushi
2009-03-05, 08:02 PM
Deftly, the Blazing Knight moves to avoid the incoming volley, but is still struck by several projectiles, one of them finding a mark unprotected by his heavy plating. Legion, standing his ground, is also wounded, despite his thick hide. The projectiles bite deep, but have little force. Both heroes are able to stand in thier wake.

[OOC]
Legion damage rolls (AP attacks):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Total damage inflicted: 17 Stun

Blazing Knight damage rolls (AP attacks):
[roll3]
[roll4], Armor Activation Failed
[roll5]
Total damage inflicted: 5 Stun

Lord Bayushi
2009-03-05, 08:15 PM
Elsewhere, unable to resist Psiclops' mental control, Powerhouse continues to sprint toward the lobby, a path of destruction trailing behind him.

Angered by his missed shot, Meltdown swoops through the group of hostages around him, plucking one woman aloft by her arm. The woman cries in terror as Meltdown soars toward the front of the building above the displays. He switches his grip on his hostage, clutching her around the waist with one hand while bringing his weaponized limb up to threaten her head. As he approaches, he speaks, and a noticable glow begins to be emited from his implants, causing a pale aura around his body.

"Stop this madness, unless you wish to witness a blood-bath. I will kill all of the hostages, and all of you. This is your only warning. Stop now!"

Frozen in terror, the other hostages only cringe in place.

[OOC]
Powerhouse's Break-out roll:
[roll0]

Meltdown seized another hostage, this one he can't miss. He orders you all to stand down. Based on the damage inflicted on the wall from his last blast, he is capable of killing her in a single blast.

The hostages are still under the effects of a pretty heinous PRE attack, and can't do anything at all.

Psiclops, Powerhouse is currently unable to break your control and you are able to take your Recovery. That, combined with your Post 12, will put you back to full END.

Speaking of Post 12 Recoveries, everyone gets one. That will return everyone to full Stun and END.

That will move us to Turn 1, Phase 2. Among our heroes, only Legion and Psiclops can act, the order of action is Legion, Psiclops, Villain, Villain, Villain.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-03-05, 09:19 PM
"Damn." Legion makes a split second decision. He teleports towards the closest wonder twin, and attempts his own grab.

[roll0]

If he succeeds he'll make his own ultimatum, bellowing at the top of his voice. "Let them go or I'll rip your compatriot in half."

(I'd roll for a presence attack, but I wouldn't know what modifiers you would want me to use.)