PDA

View Full Version : [Template] Union of the Blue Collar

Elvaris
2006-10-09, 11:54 AM
Torn from the Headlines:
On the mean streets of Lost Cutlass, there are two forces constantly opposing each other: Those who would break the law, and those who enforce it. These are the stories of those who continue this never ending battle between order and lawlessness. This is:

LAW &
CHAOS:
Lost Cutlass

Previously on L & C: LC:
Officer Krupke: {rushes into an office, presumably our hero's} Sir, we've just gotten word: Jimmy Huffman has disappeared.
Detective Boscoe: Huffman? The leader of the Blue Collar Union?
Krupke: Yes, sir. That's him.
Boscoe: And what? He was in a teleporting accident? An invisibility item malfunction?
Krupke: No sir. I'm sorry, sir. He was last seen leaving a restaurant here in Lost Cutlass two days ago. He didn't go back to his apartment, and nobody's seen him since.
Boscoe: So let me see if I have this straight. One of the most important men in Lost Cutlass goes missing, and we're only hearing about it two days after the fact?
Krupke: Well, sir. I guess they figured he'd turn up.

Elvaris
2006-10-09, 11:55 AM
Ten years Later:
Boscoe: Explain to me why we're doing this again?
Lieutenant Jones: Because Jimmy Huffman is one of the most significant figures in Lost Cutlass, and his disappearance is still unsolved.
Boscoe: Yes, and after ten years, it's going to stay that way.
Jones: But our tip...
Boscoe: Buried in the end zone of Lost Cutlass stadium? You call that a tip? The diviners would have worked that out years ago if it were true.
Jones: Sir, it's something we have to look into. The source was certain.
Boscoe: So I'm just supposed to go into the offices of Tal Aladon, request that we be allowed to dig up his field, looking for ten year old bones that even we know we won't find?
Jones: Well, I wouldn't put it quite that way, sir.

Blue Collar Worker
"Blue Collar Worker" is an acquired template that can be added to a corporeal creature (other than a construct or undead) that can understand and carry out complex tasks (minimum Dex 3, Int 3) (referred to hereafter as the base creature). This creature must have hands or equally dexterous appendages.

Special Qualities:
Assembly Line: A Blue Collar Worker gains the limited use of all item creation feats and a pool of 50 XP to spend per day. The worker cannot apply the item creation feats to his naturally earned XP, only to this pool, and pool points do not carry over if unused.
As such, instead of one worker building an entire item, the construction is divided among many workers, each contributing a few XP. A worker makes a Use Magic Device check against a DC of (XP Applied + Max level of spell required in item creation).
Picket Line: A group of Blue Collar Workers can create a limited antimagic field, preventing the construction of magic items. It takes 20 or more workers to activate this ability, and at least 10 must concentrate on this ability to maintain the field.
Move up the Line: At random, a Blue Collar Worker may experience a change in which the color of his markings changes to white. He immediately loses the Blue Collar Worker template and all associated abilities, and gains the White Collar Worker template.
Abilities: A Blue Collar Worker gains +2 Dexterity and Intelligence, but his Constitution score decreases by 2.
Skills: A Blue Collar Worker gains a +4 racial bonus on Craft and Use Magic Device checks, and can treat both as class skills.

Elvaris
2006-10-09, 11:56 AM
...and i'll find a way to make strikes funny... or at least, i'll try.

Mike_Lemmer
2006-10-09, 01:58 PM
"The Corridor of Beatings", perhaps?