PDA

View Full Version : [Pirate] The Pie Rat

Vaynor
2006-09-10, 01:24 PM
The Pie Rat

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/pierat.jpg

The rickety ship creaked, exuding a smell of baking pastries. Strange, or so it would seem, for a pirate ship. You walk up the gangplank, with the strange scent getting stronger as you go. You hear a small voice barking orders across the ships length. The flag on the ship is, strangely, a brown circle with an 'X' in the middle. Suddenly, a large rat jumps down before you, just as you are about to enter the ship.

"Well well, sugar me tarters, mate. Who might ye be?"

Taken aback by this strange confrontation, you stutter, "Just the deckmaster, sir. I came for the money to park your boat here."

"Hmm, could I pay ye in pie? 'Tis all I got." He then proceeds to pull out a large, glass shield from his back, and holds it out in front of him. A large apple pie appears in the platter. It smells good, and looks as if it tastes even better. Hurriedly, you take the large pie, and scuffle off to the boathouse.

Off in the distance, you hear a loud shout as the boat pulls away from the dock, "APPLES AHOY!", the captain screams. What a strange, strange man...

[hr]

The Pie Rat
Male, Human Lycanthrope (Wererat), Rogue 8/ Duelist 4
Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Human, Shapechanger)
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 plus 8d6+7 plus 4d10+5 (77 hp)
Initiative: +6 (+4 Dex, +2 Improved Reaction)
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 20(+2 Natural, +8 Dexterity), touch 18, flatfooted 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+1//+11
Attack: Rapier +11/+11/+1 melee (1d6/18-20) or light crossbow +1 ranged (1d8/19-20) or Bite +6 melee (1d4+1 plus disease) (Rat Form only)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./ 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Curse of lycanthropy (as Wererat entry), disease (as Wererat entry), Sneak Attack +4d6,
Special Qualities: Alternate form, rat empathy (as Wererat entry), low-light vision, scent (as Wererat entry), Trap-finding, Evasion, Trap Sense +2, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Canny Defense, DR 10/Silver, Improved Reaction +2, Enhanced Mobility, Grace, Need for Pie
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +15, Will +8
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 20, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 17
Skills: Appraise +3 (Int), Balance +20 (Dex), Bluff +15 (Cha), Climb +10 (Str), Decipher Script +3 (Int), Diplomacy +15 (Cha), Disable Device +3 (Int), Disguise +10 (Cha), Escape Artist +10 (Dex), Forgery +10 (Int), Gather Information +10 (Cha), Hide +5 (Dex), Intimidate +5 (Cha), Knowledge (local) +15 (Int), Listen +3 (Wis), Move Silently +5 (Dex), Open Lock +10 (Dex), Perform (Pirate Talk) +10 (Cha), Profession (Pirate) +10 (Wis), Search +3 (Int), Sense Motive +3 (Wis), Sleight of Hand +15 (Dex), Spot +3 (Wis), Swim +15 (Str), Tumble +15 (Dex), Use Magic Device +3 (Cha), and Use Rope +10 (Dex).
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Weapon FinesseB, Iron WillB, Leadership, Improved Initiative, Persuasive, Quick Draw, Leadership
Challenge Rating: 15
Possessions: +1 Rapier of Speed, Pie Platter, Pirate Outfit, See Treasure section for more info
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Need for Pie: The Pie Rat needs to have at least five full pies each day. If he does not eat the required amount of pies, his Con drops by 20% per pie not eaten on the following day.

Trademark Pirate Phrases:
- "Sugar me tarters."
- "Apples ahoy!"
- "Piiiiieeee, matey."

Description: The Pie Rat is a wererat, with short brownish fur. He wears tattered cloths, along with his rapier and Pie Platter. He is usually dirty, but the pie masks his scent. His teeth are rotten, and quite disgusting to look at.

Personality: The Pie Rat is very straightforward, usually about pie. He has a mild case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which requires him to eat pie a lot.

History: The Pie Rat was born as John Henry, in the town of Calimport. Calimport economy is based off of trading, as it is located on the sea. John grew up in mixed cultures, with all of the chaos of Calimport which would have a strong affect on his future. He was always villainous as a child, and started a gang at the early age of eight. His group of scoundrels lived on until his fifteenth birthday, when it happened. His aunt gave him his first pie. He was poor as a child, so had never had one before. He was hooked. His gang turned toward stealing pies, and they were known as the Pie Rats, because they a) stole pies and b) were rat-like in nature. Something else aided to this name though. A rat was often seen stealing the pies. Any kind of rat from a large normal-looking rat, to a twisted man-rat shape. Thus, the Pie Rat was born.

When he reached the ripe age of twenty-two he and his gang commandeered a ship and named it The Rolling Pin. Jacques, his best friend at the time, acted as muscle for the group, while Tim used his magic to help the ship out. They gained renown, and slowly earned their way up to pirate status. Tim made John a magical platter from the sand of Bakersville, the largest pie manufacturing town in the world.

So, off went The Pie Rat, his numbers slowly rising, off into the sweet land of pie-ratting...

Vaynor
Jacques, First Mate
Male, Human, Fighter 10
Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Human)
Hit Dice: 10d10+10+30 (94 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 26 (+11 Full-plate, +4 Tower Shield, +1 Dexterity), touch 11, flatfooted 25
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+5//+14
Attack: +18/+13 (Greatsword, 3d6+8; 17-20/x2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +3
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 12
Skills: Balance +10 (Dex), Climb +10 (Str), Disguise +6 (Cha), Escape Artist +5 (Dex), Forgery +6 (Int), Handle Animal +1 (Cha), Intimidate +10 (Cha), Jump +8 (Str), Ride +1 (Dex), Swim +10 (Str), Tumble +3 (Dex)
Feats: Improved Critical (Greatsword), Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Improved Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Weapon Specialization (Greatsword), Improved Weapon Specialization (Greatsword), Improved Toughness, Endurance, Diehard, Acrobatic, Agile, Deceitful
Challenge Rating: 10
Possessions: +3 Full-Plate, Animated Tower Shield, +1 Shocking Greatsword, 67 platinum pieces
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Jacques has a gruff personality, and spends his free time eating pie. He attacks at the slightest insult. Strange for a pirate, he is scared of water, and gets seasick easily. But he does not let this get in the way of his pirating, though he is always hanging over the side of the hull. ;)

Vaynor
Pie Platter
This magical platter can be worn as a shield, and grants a bonus as a masterwork light wooden shield. At any given time, as a free action, the wielder may summon a pie into the platter. Having a pie in the platter grants a +2 bonus on all Fortitude saves, and increases the armor bonus by one point. Whenever the pie platter is attacked in a sunder attempt, the wielder may sacrifice the pie in the platter to disregard the sunder attempt, but must wait another round to summon a pie again.
Moderate conjuration; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, create food and water; 6,500gp.

Vaynor
2006-09-10, 01:26 PM
The Crew

{table]NameTitleClassRaceECL
The Pie RatCaptainRogue/DeulistWererat15
JacquesFirst MateFighterHuman10
Brent CastenCookieRogueDwarf4
Judror MarionarHealerClericHuman5
Normdam BeneantCannoneerFighterGnome3
Roderick SarabieCannoneerFighterHalf-elf2
Calnie LionloveCannoneerFighterHalf-orc2
Tim StearsdonMagic ArtilleristSorcererElf6
Shed AugustWatchmanRangerElf3
Carol TomlySailorRogueHuman1
Puck ElersonSailorFighterHalfling2
Leonie the DarkSailorFighterHalf-orc1
Hansiel MamenSailorRogueHuman2
Nickdra XavSailorBardHalf-elf2
KimmisonDeckhandRogueGnome1
Nolan MadmanDeckhandRogueHuman1
Clidra SanmanDeckhandFighterElf1
Gabney the BoldDeckhandRogueHuman1
Oliver KarernBakerBardHuman2
Lawrence MelmanBakerMonkHalf-elf3
[/table]

The Cookie Cutter
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/ship.jpg

paddyfool
2006-09-11, 02:33 PM
Love it, but you really have to stat that pie of his.

Draz74
2006-09-11, 06:45 PM
What do you think is going to be in his "Treasure" section? ;)

Vaynor
2006-09-11, 07:11 PM
Love it, but you really have to stat that pie of his.
It's an apple pie. :P

What do you think is going to be in his "Treasure" section? ;)
Chocolate, duh. ::)

Vaynor
2006-09-29, 01:11 AM
This entry is complete. Please PEACH, it would be appreciated. If you don't criticize, I'll assume it was perfect and expect to win. ;)

Mike_Lemmer
2006-09-30, 07:23 PM
Or it was so horrible everyone that tried to PEACH it died from disgust.

I averted my eyes just in case.

HealytheHealslime
2006-10-01, 12:26 AM
You know, I'm not really good at PEACHing, but I just noticed something-- your sidekick character has no personality. It's true! He's got an alignment, but no flavor text explaining what it is he likes or hates or whatever.

Vaynor
2006-10-01, 07:31 PM
You know, I'm not really good at PEACHing, but I just noticed something-- your sidekick character has no personality. It's true! He's got an alignment, but no flavor text explaining what it is he likes or hates or whatever.
That's because I had to go and wasn't sure I'd be back in time to do that. ;D

Expect one soon.