PDA

View Full Version : Funny DND events

Egiam
2008-11-18, 02:48 PM
Use this thread to post commical DND situations.

So here's mine:
I was DM'n an asian flavor one shot 2nd lvl adventure with a ninja and everything. The characters were on their way to this ancient temple (wow, so original) being chased by the orckin (half orc raiders) with katanas (its a long story). They were about a day ahead when they were stopped by a raging river. The P.C.s decided to look for a bridge. Nine minutes later I was describing a classic rickety wood-and-rope bridge swaying in the wind. They started bickering about whether to throw a rock on it to test its strength or something. The halfling bard thought this was really stupid and ran across, saying "Ta-da! Lets get going!". The Elf ninja then says "I shall go ahead of my companions". He weighs more than the halfing, I roll on my homebrew chart, and the bridge collapses. The Human samurai then proclaims "I shall save my companion!" and dives into the river. The athletic ninja skill monkey easily swims to the other side, while the samurai in heavy armor is carryed down the river. By this time the bard is laughing his head of :smallbiggrin:. The samurai goes down three waterfalls, going down to 2 HP before the ninja rolls a natural 18 on his use rope check to throw him a rope. :smallbiggrin:

Lycan 01
2008-11-20, 02:33 PM
I finally got my roommate to play DnD. He decided to play as a Paladin - of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. :smalleek:

So I tweaked the Paladin powers a bit, and added a few FSM-related powers (For example, at lvl 15 he gets "Blood to Ragu," a Save-or-Die Daily Power that turns the target's blood into spaghetti sauce. And at lvl 20, he gets "Pasta Golem," a Daily Power which causes a mass of spaghetti noodles to erupt from a dying target's body and form a golem of pasta. I doubt he'll ever get far enough to use those powers... but in theory, they're still freaking awesome. :smallamused:) So now I have him set up on a Solo Campaign, at least until I can get another player or two to join us...

Anyway, on to the story...

He was given orders by the leader of the Church of the FSM to kill 3 chefs who had committed heresy with their spaghetti recipes. My roommate's paladin had to break into a hotel and kill the guys - they were staying on the top floor. I let him do an Insight Check to get a few ideas on how to go about doing it.

He ended up just walking up to the front desk and asking if he could see the Chefs. Failing to prove he knew them, he asked for a room. Being broke, he realized that there was nothing to do... but spread the gospel of the Noodley One.

He began to actually RP his character's conversation with the hotel desk clerk. He talked for several minutes about what Pastafarianism had to offer...

Sadly, he failed to get anywhere with the clerk. But 2 hotel guests converted to Pastafarianism, and I gave him 50 XP for bringing the total membership of his church up to 7, and for making me laugh so hard. :smallamused:

The session ended with him making a deal with the hotel manager to kill one of their cruddy employees in exchange for a job and the manager getting the 3 chefs into an alley behind the hotel for him to kill them the following night. :smallconfused:

Of course, if he plays his cards right, the hotel manager will end up joining his party - he's an level 3 rogue. That should prove to be helpful in a solo campaign... :smallbiggrin: