PDA

View Full Version : Tauric

Heliomance
2008-11-18, 05:07 PM
Can you use the Tauric template with a werebear as the base humanoid? Werebear is a humanoid, which is a valid target for Tauric, and in humanoid form is Medium, also a valid target. The problem comes when the werebear shifts into hybrid or animal form, becoming large. Large creatures are not valid as the base humanoid of Tauric. What happens then?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-18, 05:12 PM
Templates don't work like PrCs. Once you are one, there isn't going back.

I would say the rest of you(the animal part) becomes were-bearish.

Vortling
2008-11-18, 05:13 PM
The simplest way of dealing with it is to make creatures with the shapechanger subtype invalid targets for the tauric template. It does make sense if you think about it since a tauric creature can't contract lycanthropy.

Heliomance
2008-11-18, 05:21 PM
Easily solved with Dustform to turn your Tauric Monstrous Humanoid into a Construct, then Incarnate Construct to turn it into a Humanoid.

Next question, does the Warshaper's Morphic Weapons ability stack with Improved Natural Attack?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-18, 07:43 PM
Easily solved with Dustform to turn your Tauric Monstrous Humanoid into a Construct, then Incarnate Construct to turn it into a Humanoid.

Next question, does the Warshaper's Morphic Weapons ability stack with Improved Natural Attack?Yep. Scary, isn't it?

Sereg
2008-11-18, 10:21 PM
Doesn't incarnate construct turn it into a giant?

Draken
2008-11-18, 10:53 PM
If large or larger, yea, Giant. Giants still qualify for Lycanthropy, however.

Heliomance
2008-11-18, 11:11 PM
Nice.

Final question(hopefully) - Greater Multigrab. Does it let you use any and all remaining natural attacks on the poor sap you have grappled without the -4 penalty?

SadisticFishing
2008-11-19, 12:25 AM
But... How would this EVER occur?

This seems a bit ridiculous.

I do like the image though. If you're a player, the LA is TOO much. If you're a DM, just homebrew something similar.

Lyndworm
2008-11-19, 07:12 AM
Greater Multigrab. Does it let you use any and all remaining natural attacks on the poor sap you have grappled without the -4 penalty?

Yep.

Zack

Heliomance
2008-11-19, 08:52 AM
But... How would this EVER occur?

This seems a bit ridiculous.

I do like the image though. If you're a player, the LA is TOO much. If you're a DM, just homebrew something similar.

LA's not too much if you're playing Gestalt. I was planning on a Tauric Fleshraker, before I remembered that no matter how strong I made the top half it wouldn't affect the overall strength, and that Fleshraker ability scores frankly suck.