PDA

View Full Version : Steam in the Playground

Zakama
2008-11-19, 03:18 AM
ATTENTION: Don't post Steam IDs (or anything) here anymore. Go here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97854

I thought I'd compile a list of Playgrounders' Steam accounts, so we could friend each other and do whatever. Post yours here.

If something like this has been done already, please tell me.

List format: GitP Name - Steam ID

The List

Zakama - RugglesIV
revolver kobold - draper13
Dumbledore Lives - Lord_Darth_Paul
Dairun Cates - DairunCates
Mushroom Ninja - Mushroom Ninja
Dispozition - legendinhislunchbox
Killersquid - Killer_Squid
Arbitrarity - =(e)=™[GitP]Arbitrary
LightWraith - Wraith28k

revolver kobold
2008-11-19, 03:29 AM
revolver kobold - draper13

Dumbledore lives
2008-11-19, 03:42 AM
Dumbledore Lives - Lord_Darth_Paul

Dairun Cates
2008-11-19, 03:50 AM
Should be DairunCates if I remember correctly.

If that doesn't work, try it with a space.

Zakama
2008-11-19, 03:53 AM
Cool, so what games do you guys all have? We should mess around in Gmod sometime...

Dairun Cates
2008-11-19, 04:00 AM
Cool, so what games do you guys all have? We should mess around in Gmod sometime...

Checked and yeah. It's DairunCates. Nowadays, I mostly play Audiosurf, but I occasionally get a game of TF2 together.

Zakama
2008-11-19, 04:17 AM
Checked and yeah. It's DairunCates. Nowadays, I mostly play Audiosurf, but I occasionally get a game of TF2 together.

Gah, I don't have TF2. Maybe I should get it... Do you have Garry's Mod?

shadow_archmagi
2008-11-19, 06:54 AM
Shadow_archmagi: Shadow_archmagi

Neo
2008-11-19, 06:58 AM
feel free to add me, [email protected], just let me know its for GiTP

Mc. Lovin'
2008-11-19, 08:31 AM
Yo fellas, we got a whole steam group up and running for GitP, where you can find around 70 member's steam IDs :smallwink:

If you want an invite add myself (apelord69) or Z-Axis (rowanhold)

The Orange Box thread has digressed to all valve created games (right now we're rambling on about how awesome Left 4 Dead is)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58949

Bryn
2008-11-19, 09:33 AM
As Apelord said, the Orange Box thread is the centre for everything Steam here. We play TF2 now and then, and right now we're all crazy about L4D. Go there and ask for invites if you want in :smallwink:

Leper_Kahn
2008-11-19, 05:38 PM
I have, and hate, this program

I'm Leper Kahn1315 or something.

Mx.Silver
2008-11-19, 07:06 PM
I have it pretty much entirely for Audiosurf, so if you're not particularly into that then there's not a lot of point but in any case:

Mr.Silver : SorrowShade89

Zakama
2008-11-19, 07:32 PM
Yo fellas, we got a whole steam group up and running for GitP, where you can find around 70 member's steam IDs :smallwink:

If you want an invite add myself (apelord69) or Z-Axis (rowanhold)

The Orange Box thread has digressed to all valve created games (right now we're rambling on about how awesome Left 4 Dead is)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58949

Ah, thanks. Go there, people.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-11-19, 07:35 PM
I've invited and added everyone who's posted in this thread to the GitP group ;D

Mushroom Ninja
2008-11-19, 09:04 PM
My steam name is the same as my GitP forum name :smallbiggrin:

Warning: My younger brother also uses my steam name.

revolver kobold
2008-11-19, 09:42 PM
I've invited and added everyone who's posted in this thread to the GitP group ;D

Cheers! What timezone are most of the GitP group in?

Mushroom Ninja
2008-11-19, 09:48 PM
I'm in central time.

I don't have many Multiplayer games off of Steam. I've been thinking of getting TF2 but currently I just have TFC

Dispozition
2008-11-19, 11:01 PM
Dispozition - legendinhislunchbox

We're gonna need to compile this and put it into the first post of the new OB thread which has pretty much become the GitP Steam group thread...

Bryn
2008-11-20, 04:56 AM

All of them :smallbiggrin:.

Really, it's pretty much the same as this site - mostly American time zones, some European (mostly GMT), a few others.

When the Orange Box threat hits 50 pages (so we start a new one) we can create a table of who's who using the list of players on Steam.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-11-20, 05:56 AM

I've always assumed we're mostly american, but I can defenately speak for about ... Six of us who are UK (GMT), but there might be more

All of them :smallbiggrin:.

Really, it's pretty much the same as this site - mostly American time zones, some European (mostly GMT), a few others.

When the Orange Box threat hits 50 pages (so we start a new one) we can create a table of who's who using the list of players on Steam.

Oh yeah, that'd be cool. And we could list what multiplayer games they have so we know who can play, when, etcetera :smallsmile:

Fostire
2008-11-20, 08:32 AM
I've always assumed we're mostly american, but I can defenately speak for about ... Six of us who are UK (GMT), but there might be more

I think there is a majority of americans, but there is also a good number of people from the uk, australia and canada. Check this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49823) to get an idea of how many people from each country there are.

Zakama
2008-11-24, 01:34 AM
Whoever's making the new Orange Box thread, are you just gonna call it a Steam thread, or stay with OB? Either way, feel free to use this list of people. (If we get more... Post your names guys >_>)

Myatar_Panwar
2008-11-24, 01:50 AM
Gah, I don't have TF2. Maybe I should get it... Do you have Garry's Mod?

TF2 is great. As is the new valve title L4D.

And I have Garrys Mod! That game rocks. Although I once spent about an hour building a plane which failed miserably. I basically forgot to glue a few essential pieces together, and when I hit the button for thrust, everything fell apart. :smallfrown:

Edit: And we really should change the name of the Orange Box thread to something steam related. Maybe "Steam - We use it to play games!"

Actually no, thats pretty terrible.

Killersquid
2008-11-24, 02:01 AM
GitP Steam
Killersquid Killer_Squid

HUR HUR SO ORIGINAL

revolver kobold
2008-11-24, 03:13 AM
Ive noticed that most of the people in the GitP Steam group have [GitP] in their name. Is that a clan, or just recognition of being in the group?

Dispozition
2008-11-24, 03:20 AM
Ive noticed that most of the people in the GitP Steam group have [GitP] in their name. Is that a clan, or just recognition of being in the group?

Recognition. Although I'm almost tempted to make an Oceania GitP clan, just for the sake of some fun server raids :P

Arbitrarity
2008-11-24, 03:29 AM
TF2 is great. As is the new valve title L4D.

And I have Garrys Mod! That game rocks. Although I once spent about an hour building a plane which failed miserably. I basically forgot to glue a few essential pieces together, and when I hit the button for thrust, everything fell apart. :smallfrown:

Edit: And we really should change the name of the Orange Box thread to something steam related. Maybe "Steam - We use it to play games!"

Actually no, thats pretty terrible.

Open the Release Valve, let out the Steam.

=(e)=™[GitP]Arbitrary = Arbitrarity

I liked this name :smallwink:

Myatar_Panwar
2008-11-24, 04:23 AM
Thats awesome, use that.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-11-24, 05:18 AM
Whoever's making the new Orange Box thread, are you just gonna call it a Steam thread, or stay with OB? Either way, feel free to use this list of people. (If we get more... Post your names guys >_>)

I think Z-Axis should, he can make that table what we said in the first post, and update it

Also, there've been laods of threads with steam in the title, but they all died really quick. I think they're cursed ...

Crispy Dave
2008-11-24, 01:54 PM
well im in the steam group so if you cant find me your not looking hard enough.

Zakama
2008-11-24, 02:10 PM
Open the Release Valve, let out the Steam.

Wow. That's... Uh... Go for it, it's pretty clever :smalltongue:

LightWraith
2008-11-24, 02:53 PM
GitP - SteamID
LightWraith - Wraith28k

There's mine. Feel free to add me.

Bandy4L1FE
2008-12-07, 02:53 AM
GitP Steam
Killersquid Killer_Squid

HUR HUR SO ORIGINAL
if u want 2 plae games like cops and robbers that waste 6 hrz of ur life in cs then u shuld def plae wit:smallsigh::smallsigh::smallsigh: killer_squid.

SurlySeraph
2008-12-07, 03:16 AM
@^:

1. A thread about Steam is not the place to criticize people for playing games over Steam.
2. Please be literate.