PDA

View Full Version : Deviance - VtM

Kaisshau
2008-11-19, 12:11 PM
You enter the machine shop, obviously closed at such a late hour. It's dark, but a light is quickly found and turned on. Tools cover benches, and a car is half-assembled on a lift. Jerry cans sit against one wall, and a fire extinguisher is on the wall near it. There was a mysterious ringing noise in the darkness, but with the light turned on you can quickly discern it to be the phone. It's set against the wall, between two large windows, which show a half moon.

Rapscallion
2008-11-19, 01:35 PM
Adrien (Ambassador to the Brujah Nation.)

"Are you expecting a call ?" Adrien will look to his new acquaintance.

The Nos will cross the room and pick up the receiver but will not immediately speak waiting for the caller to announce themselves. He will take out a pen and scratch down the time, date and telephone number of the autoshop if it's available either written down or on the phone. While he is on phone and searching he will also look for a bomb in the room or detonator linked to the phone.

If there is no response or greeting he will speak up. "Joe's Bodyshop, you break it, we fix it. American cars extra, foreign cars at a premium. "

WillWolf
2008-11-19, 11:11 PM
Lance:

Lance looked at the phone with a great deal of distrust. Now he was definitely, definitely sure that he was being played. He simply shrugged as the Nossferatu went to pick up the phone call with a great deal of disregard and distrust, but allowed the conversation to take place. It was probably best that he did not pick up the phone anyway.

OOC for Rapscallion: Should we say that this happened right after your PM from the 18th or your last PM, before you left?

Rapscallion
2008-11-19, 11:53 PM
Willwolf:

OOC: Nah this could happen as we were heading for the door.

Kagehime
2008-11-24, 11:57 AM
Shi:

Shi sighed, then turned back to the phone, leaning against the wall and idly glancing at the poster someone had pasted on the opposite wall. Hearing the voice, she raised a mental eyebrow--a body shop? Oh, well. Hopefully it was the right number.

"Thanks, but I don't need a car fixed. I'm looking for a 'Lance'?" Her accent was noticeable, but fairly minor.

Rapscallion
2008-11-24, 02:51 PM
Adrien

The Nos will look at Lance and smile. "Well its just happens we have that model in stock. Hold on I will turn you over to one of reps and he'll get you started."

The Nos will cover the phone and hand the reciever to Lance. "It's for you, Player."

Kagehime
2008-11-26, 09:54 AM
Pardon, misunderstood. Will edit my post.

Rapscallion
2008-11-27, 12:26 AM
Adrien

The Nosferatu will circle around the desk and sit down while watching Lance talk on the phone. Picking up a discarded magazine he will leaf through the pages while waiting.

WillWolf
2008-11-27, 01:55 AM
Lance:

Lance smiled, though there was something in his eyes that would appear to be Adrien that something just was not quite right.

"Joe's place." He said as he took the phone. There was a notebook and pen in front of him, so he took that in hand."Lance speak-- oh who the hell am I kidding, how the hell did you know I would be here!" He said agitatedly.

Kagehime
2008-11-27, 02:59 PM
At least Shi was pleased to note that the information was correct. She'd had quite enough in general of being led about confusedly. "I was told by, well, a friend, that I could find you here. Perhaps," she went on, "you would care to clear up some points for me? I have quite a few questions."

Rapscallion
2008-11-27, 11:46 PM
Adrien

The Nosferatu will chuckle at the exchange and keep reading the magazine he found."Oh look Calgary has won the Grey Cup."

WillWolf
2008-11-28, 02:51 AM
Lance:

Lance sighed as he gave the Nosferatu a look that, if there was any question about his clan certainly clarified it. "I'll try." he said into the phone. He was very, very sick of getting the run around as well, and it could tell. "Let me guess his name was Samuel?"

Kagehime
2008-11-28, 11:16 AM
Shi was surprised, and blinked, not that he could see it over the phone. She adjusted her hat, which was starting to get too hot. "Hmm? No, it was a woman, though her name has momentarily escaped me. Oh, another quick question: do you happen to know an 'Alex'?"

WillWolf
2008-11-28, 11:14 PM
Lance:

Lance sighed and rolled his eyes and began to tap it against the pad of paer. If there was a word to describe him, it would be: agitated. "Who are you anyway? Whatever. No, wait a sec--" he placed the phone's receiver on his shoulder as he spoke to his nossie friend. "You know an Alex?" He raised an eyebrow, "or are you Alex?" After a second, he placed the phone back to his ear shaking his head.

Besides he didn't even get that darn man's name either. Samuel was the name of the bartender; the pencil's lead broke.

Rapscallion
2008-11-29, 03:44 AM
Adrien

The Nos will shake his head twice under interrogation without making eye contact. "Nope, name's Adrien. Don't know an Alex or Samuel"

He will continue to read the magazine during the conversation."It would seem that someone knows who we are."

WillWolf
2008-11-29, 03:54 AM
Lance:

"Nope, neither me nor my associate know an Alex." He sighed into the phone immediately after. "Look we should meet. We're being played, and" he sighed yet again. "All of us," he took a look at the Nosferatu, "someplace. Not here. Not public. You pick the place." He shrugged. "I want to get this straight, and I'm getting tired of being played." Truthfully he didn't trust either of his associates, and he wasn't doing a whole lot to hide the fact, "and I don't think we can do this ... alone. He ... she wanted them to group together; he knew it, he could feel it, but darn it, he would figure it out.

Rapscallion
2008-11-29, 04:12 AM
Adrien

He will set aside the magazine and look to Lance with a puzzled expression.
and say softly enough to be heard by Lance.
" "Well done.An alliance ? Interesting idea.".

Adrien will tidy the room up where he is sitting and stand up adjusting his backpack. Again just for Lance

"I'm an associate ? and here I thought we had an adversarial relationship. Ready when you are Lance."

Kagehime
2008-11-29, 01:25 PM
Of course Shi had expected that answer. She had not, however, expected the other reply. What, all of us played? Even me? Huh. "Well, I suppose it certainly couldn't hurt. I do get the feeling that there is a lot more going on than I have any idea of. Um. Meeting...in, I don't know, there's a place behind the Max Bell Theatre. Work for you?"

WillWolf
2008-11-29, 09:32 PM
Lance:

"Maxbell theatre?" He poised the question to Adrien.

Rapscallion
2008-11-29, 11:43 PM
Adrien

"There are four theaters there in that area. Can she be more specific in general or is she meeting us on the street."

A bit of annoyance will creep into his voice as The Nos will move to the door. "Shotgun !!"

WillWolf
2008-11-30, 02:45 AM
Lance:

Lance sighed at the Noss in question, and shrugged. It was obvious that he didn't know the city that, that well yet, if at all. And then something clicked in him as he got a better memory of it in question. "Umm the Calgary theater?" It was the only one he really remembered ... for obvious reasons.

"Look for the biker and the ...", he decided that it was best to leave the Nosferatu out of it and sighed as the Nosferatu went outside, claiming, shotgun for a vehicle which he didn't actually own, but he did have a key for. (He was a forward thinker after all)

"bike? And you'll look like what?..."

[ooc: If you answer with whatever form of dress; he'll say: "great, ciao" and then hang up. If you say I'll find you there, he'll say ... "Fine." and sigh again then hang up... I just want to speed this along a little.]

"The car ain't mine, so ... he didn't really have anything to finish that sentence with. "let's not do anything stupid." he sighed.

Rapscallion
2008-11-30, 03:01 AM
Adrien

"Yes that's the one of four in a tight cluster. I know the area we can go there pretty easily. I'll look like me for now but only you will see me for the first bit of the exchange. We can park the car some blocks away and move by foot that way no stray bullets will damage this fine automobile of yours."

The Nos will move with Lance and scan the surroundings as they leave and pauses at the door to look around before moving to the car.

Kaisshau
2008-11-30, 05:56 AM
You manage to arrive at the theatre in question, avoiding a collision thanks only to Lance's handy driving skill. The man had screamed something at you as he cut you off. Something about trash.

The theatres, though large, were kept pristine. Video cameras swept the pathways, entrance-ways, and parking lots. Large, armed men patrolled in regular teams, protecting the sanctity of the arts. With all the chaos going on, there was no chance for error. You were accosted by the first pair mere moments upon leaving your car, but once they deemed you were unarmed and therefore not a threat, you were free to walk as you would. Good thing you'd left all your bombs and guns at home.

You managed to find the meeting spot easily, and there you waited, watching the clockwork movement of the men, noting, to your surprise, some women among the guards, mostly indistinguishable from the rest, but some were so strikingly different it was hard not to. Still, they all looked like ants, swarming over their "hill", guarding it from anything deemed a threat.

The woman on the phone arrived soon after, and it was clear she was not one of the guards. A petite Asian woman, dressed in traditional fashion; she carried herself hurriedly, if slightly nervously. As Adrien had attempted to hide in the shadows, she made a beeline for Lance, rushing past guards who mostly ignored her. She was familiar from some place, maybe a book or a magazine, but you couldn't quite place her.

Kagehime
2008-11-30, 10:39 AM
She gave a hurried description of herself, and agreed to the meeting spot, then hung up as well and found her way there, pausing only to remove her disguise.

Somehow, she wasn't quite sure how, she managed to make her way to the spot without getting seriously noticed by the guards who were all abuzz about, well, something, and spotting the biker (surely there could only be one), hurried her way over.

(Oh, and she looks rather like this (http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/247/d/7/Jiangshi_girl_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg).)

Rapscallion
2008-11-30, 12:31 PM
Adrien

The Nos will watch the precsion and dedication of the guards as they move through. He will use unseen presence to mask himself from the guards and the new vampire. He will remind Lance that only he can see him and move slowly behind the Brujah. Once there he will cloak himself in the shadows.

OOC: Unless someone knows I'm there I essentially invisible. I wlll roll for Unseen Presence in case I need to speak or the Torreador breaks out auspex.
Oh Yea, one success.

Level 1 • Cloak of Shadows

The vampire may be unnoticed by most, by hiding completely motionless in a shadow, or in a place that puts an object (not necessarily an object big enough to hide behind) between herself and others who might see her. No roll is required.

Level 2 • Unseen Presence

Roll: Wits + Stealth, difficulty 6
The vampire may go unseen, and even be subconsciously avoided, by others. No roll is required unless someone is looking for the vampire, or the vampire is moving in an abrupt manner, as during speech or combat.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

WillWolf
2008-11-30, 06:48 PM
Lance:

Lance, who now knew what he was looking for, stopped and waved, propping his eyebrow up to make sure she was who she was, but smiled, just the same, a nervous smile. The girl had brass something to dress like that in this kind of political climate, he smiled a far more genuine smile, he liked that.

"Lance. We talked on the phone?" He was not going to bring up Adrien until it was absolutely necessary. After all there was no use breaking the Masquerade (he still didn't know her to be kindred after all) over a matter such as an introduction.

"Perhaps we should go and speak in a Starbucks or something." He was being careful not to eye the security guards, but they did make him feel nervous, slightly.

OOC: There probably is only one biker around. This would be one of the nicer districts in town, not the place for low-class grease-monkeys. =P WoD is funny that way.

Edit: Oh yeah what I look like. Black leather jacket, torn blue jeans, black biker boots, sunglasses, and long, brown hair. If you can't guess his clan, then he ain't doing his job right. =P

Rapscallion
2008-11-30, 07:48 PM
Adrien

The Nos will nod to Lance and move with him and Shi after activating Unseen presence again. 4 Successes.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Rapscallion
2008-11-30, 07:59 PM
Adrien

So 5 total successes.

[roll0] Wooo for 10's !!

Kagehime
2008-12-04, 01:02 PM
Courage had always been Shi's strongest asset, and she was quite proud of it. At the moment, though, she couldn't help but still feel a little nervous--after all, she had just gotten herself involved in something a lot larger than herself, and every bit as--no, probably more--than the mortal politics she sought to change. In any case, she smiled back. A good sign.

"I'm Zhang Shi. Please call me Shi." She looked him over hurriedly as she did everyone, deciding he didn't look too bad. Trustworthy, at least.

Sorry, missed the reply.

Will roll to see if she notices Adrien.

What's the pool again? Perception+Auspex...?

Whether or not she noticed the other vampire, she glanced around. Yeah, it was an upscale neighborhood--for her? of course!--but the presence of even the one biker was making her uneasy. "That actually sounds like a good idea." She smoothed her hair down, trying to remember if she'd passed one. In an undertone, she added, "Er, I'm rather...new. Can we actually handle drinks there?"

Rapscallion
2008-12-04, 10:05 PM
Adrien

The Nos will move with his companions preceding them and looking around for trouble on the way to the Starbucks.

WillWolf
2008-12-05, 12:22 AM
Lance:

"Zhang Shi," he mumbled making sure he remembered her name. It certainly sounded like a Chinese name to him. He smiled a small one, all the while asking how in the name of heck she got that darn number, but it was more out of fear than anything else. Lance stopped and stared at the woman when asked that question, and nodded that it was possible. All the while thinking, 'man, oh man, oh man alive,' how did I get myself into this one. She could be, was most likely, someone who was going to kill them both, a hunter; he could feel it, but at the same darn time she could just be a confused kindred.

"With enough life everything is possible," he mumbled. If she was kindred and didn't understand that one, then they were in deep, deep doo-doo. If she did understand it and was not kindred, they were in deep, deep doo-doo.

Lance turned around and started to turn towards where his car was. He remembered for a fact that they were parked near a Starbucks (the darn shops popped around like rabbits) and he huffed past. The majority of people "This way."

He stopped, and then continued to walk. And it was just then that he realized that he was leading a ship of fools.

In accordance with the third edition rules. To look and act like human you spend as much blood as 8- humanity score and it lasts for a full scene. Noss are exempt.

Rapscallion
2008-12-05, 09:56 AM
Adrien

The Noss will stop briefly to stiffle a chuckle. This guy is priceless for a Brujah and she is toting around the name of a dead chinese empress. Man, I can't wait to go to Starbucks.

Kaisshau
2008-12-08, 09:58 AM
Leaving the gardens behind, Shi is struck by the momentary impulse that someone is watching you leave. Of course, with all the guards, cameras, and weird men peeking from the bushes it was hard not to get that impression. On a second look, you couldn't tell if you'd imagined the men or not. The bushes looked normal enough.

Making your way to a Starbucks was easy, as their omnipresent nature deemed necessary. Perhaps somewhere, somehow, there was a single city in the world without one. Maybe. This one, like all the others, was filled with the Trendi clientele, sipping non-fat vanilla half-soy bull crap. There was some guy playing acoustic guitar and warbling old Nirvana songs. Someone should really tell him that Kurt Cobain is dead and he ain't coming back.

The line was obvious, giving you a little bit of time to talk before you needed to order.

Rapscallion
2008-12-08, 12:43 PM
Adrien

The Noss will move ahead of the group and duck into a side alley and drop the cloaking ability. hefting his backpack he will move into the Starbucks and move into line. Once at the head of line he will order a seven pump no water venti chai latte and pay with a one hundred bill. Once he receives the change he will stuff into the tip jar. "Thanks."

The Noss will move to a table and set up his Alienware laptop with the free wifi that the coffee chain offers. He will google the names "Zhang Chi". He will bring the cup of Chai upto his lips to blow on it. Looking up he will nod to Lance as he walks in.

Kagehime
2008-12-08, 03:10 PM
Always quick on the uptake, Shi more or less figured what he meant. Well, okay. The situation probably could be worse, then. In any case, she nodded, and on feeling bizarrely observed, she glanced around again, looking to see how much surveillance she was really under. After all, in China such a feeling was justified, probably, but here she should be more careful.

Soon coming to the place, she rolled her eyes at the somewhat tacky nature of the decor and, for that matter, the clientele. Probably very liberal. Ah, well. Glancing around, she also happened to catch that one nodding to the other...must know him.

She sighed, finding a spot. "So. About the situation."

WillWolf
2008-12-09, 03:32 AM
Lance:

Lance sighs upon seeing his 'good friend' the Nosferatu (tapping at his lap-top). Of course the 'burn victim' was just hap-haphazardly tapping at his lap top in the middle of flipping downtown Calgary. Of course, what else should he expect! True the guy wasn't quite a breach, but it was incredibly inconspicuous. He sighed again, louder, and with more intensity.

As she sat down, he muttered, "we should probably buy something... before we--I--get hassled." Again he was wearing a tattered leather jacket, very few people hassle thuggish men, but, still, he stuck out like a sore thumb, best to act natural.

"Look you see him," he nodded to Adrien, "he's my associate. Why don't you go sit with him whilst I grab us something to drink--what you want?"

He'll take her order (if she wants anything at all) and then go and stand in line .... like a consumer and sigh, heavily.

Rapscallion
2008-12-10, 12:21 AM
Adrien

The Nos will finish with the laptop and power it down in advance of the group coming over to him. He will slide it into his backpack and hold his coffee cup in both gloved hands while waiting for Zhang Shi and Lance to walk over.

Kagehime
2008-12-10, 12:33 AM
Shi was never one to really discriminate based on appearance, no matter how bad the guy looked, and merely glanced over to catch the sigh. Clearly there was something going on, and what with the one's thuggish look, the other's...appearance and her own anachronism, she just hoped nobody spotted them or at least really noted them.

"Yeah, I guess. Just, I don't know, I don't really drink it much, just a venti or something." She sighed and sidled over to the table.

WillWolf
2008-12-10, 07:45 AM
Lance:

"No problem." he muttered before going to stand in line. He looked around at the crowd, but wasn't really looking for anyone in particular. Technically he could 'awe' himself if he wanted to get to the front of the line quickly, but that usually meant people would remember him. ... He didn't like that. He rarely wanted to be remembered, and then he remembered ... he was in a Starbucks, dressed like should be playing pool and drinking cheap whiskey, with a Chinese woman in traditional garb and a 'burn victim.' He would be remembered anyways.

But he looked at the crowd behind his shades, and decided it was probably best to appear as human as possible, so he expended the blood to look all pink and fleshy (a slow process, but he probably didn't look that unnatural: Calgary weather was cold, it would take a minute for his face to fleshy out).

One point of blood lost so as to look 'fleshy' for the scene.

He'll just stand in line until he gets to the front, Kaisshau. So Kagehime and Rapscallion, don't wait out on me.

Rapscallion
2008-12-10, 12:43 PM
Adrien

Adrien will stand up when Zhang arrives and sit back down with her.

"So how are you ? It's so nice to meet you and I hope you're not angry with your dating service about this but I l just love Starbucks."

The tone is light and flippant and no emotion shows through the burn mask.

Kaisshau
2008-12-10, 01:25 PM
A few people in front of you leave the line once you join it, so your wait is shortened. When you get to the front, the barista scoffs, turns to his friend, whispers something, they chuckle, then he turns back to you.
"Uh... Can I get you something? Dude?"

WillWolf
2008-12-11, 07:30 AM
Lance:

You have no idea. He wanted to say, he really, really wanted to say. But I'd probably find you better tasting than any **** ass-brew forged on the back's of Colombian slash and burn brush farmers. He looked him straight in the eye (from behind his shades) Probably feel less guilty about it to. This looked like the kind of guy who would just love to start something, but whatever ... he was used to it.

"Two light roast coffees--venti," he shrugged, "Pick your favorite blend." Once upon a time he would actually care about the sort of ---- as how his coffee was prepared; not anymore. Instead he just stared blank face on, and then he noticed something ... he was just like all of the other dead beat, emotionless coffee drinking consumers, his left lip jerked in the slightest of smiles. It felt good to not feel odd; it felt good to not feel.

Kagehime
2008-12-11, 07:49 AM
It was nice to see someone as polite as that; some women might take offense at being treated so, but Shi appreciated old-fashioned courtesies.

"Dating service?" She had to chuckle a little herself. "Not exactly that, but hey. I've eaten in worse spots." She nodded amicably, sighing a little as she sat down as well.

For all that had happened, she felt she was adjusting rather well.

Rapscallion
2008-12-11, 08:03 AM
Adrien

"Yes worse spots i can understand. Well while we wait perhaps you can tell me what brings you to our neck of the woods ? I think we are going for a little walk after we get the rest of our coffee."

The Nos zips up his backpack and looks over to Lance and then back to Zhang.

Kagehime
2008-12-11, 08:10 AM
"I expect so." Checking to make sure she had everything with her--one could never be too careful about thieves--the Toreador nodded.

"Well. Several reasons, actually. For one, I was hoping to scout out a new location here, in this...thick political climate, shall we say. For another, I needed to get away from home for a bit, just until things cooled down somewhat, and also...well, the last one is a bit more personal."

Rapscallion
2008-12-11, 12:08 PM
Adrien

"Well as where you come from is usually a hotbed of political trouble let's just keep that to ourselves hmmm. As for good opportunities here, I would need your requirements before I could put together a portfolio for your perusal.

I would like to do the grunt for you to free you up for any shooting schedules or events you have here in Calgary. I loved your previous work in the celluoid theatre, you are trendsetting.

After noticing her apprehension about the walk.

"I wouldn't worry you are quite safe here with Lance, I don't think anyone sane would dare tangle with him."

The Noss will look in her direction and bring his gloved fingertips up to where his mouth would be.

Kagehime
2008-12-11, 12:14 PM
She sighed, glancing distantly out the window and idly toying with her hair, before turning her attention back to him.

"How very true." Hearing him, she seemed a little bit surprised. "I see you've heard of me. I guess the English subs were more of a success than I thought. Huh. Thank you. In any case, that would actually be rather nice; I've got...plenty of time, just need a schedule, so let me write this down..." She took out a notepad and pen from a pocket somewhere on her person, and glanced over again at the counter at that.

"I can imagine," she replied in an undertone.

Rapscallion
2008-12-11, 12:35 PM
Adrien

"Hmm pen and paper, interesting. I would say that I have interesting taste in fare when it comes to movies and food. off the beaten path is where I tread, sad to say but I love foreign films even with subtitles."

Adrien will await Lance's arrival.

Kagehime
2008-12-11, 12:43 PM
Shi shrugged, with a slight smile.

"Call me old-fashioned. In any case, I'd have to describe myself similarly; off the beaten path indeed. Sure, that does sometimes put me in danger, but I think I can handle it."

She adjusted her hat, in a moment pushing forward the notepad to him. Her English handwriting wasn't great, but it was legible, and she'd listed her name and cell phone number for reference to him (she had carbon paper in the pad as well, for a backup).

"Good to hear it, anyway. If you could maybe list your name, phone number, address I could contact you at?"

Shi then leaned back and rested against the seat, waiting for her drink.

Rapscallion
2008-12-11, 01:01 PM
Adrien

"Here is the cell phone I use for private concerns." Adrien will write down a phone number and a email address. [email protected]. can. "Use this email address and I will respond."

The Noss will slide back the notepad.

Kagehime
2008-12-11, 01:41 PM
Shi bit back a laugh, wisely. Goodlooker, eh? Well, he almost certainly knew, and to point it out would be rude.

"Excellent, thanks." She stowed it. "I actually had a plan for another film thought up already. It could be set here just as easily, which is part of why I came, as I said..."

She paused in explaining it, once more watching the counter. "Heaven, what is taking so long?"

Rapscallion
2008-12-13, 11:45 AM
Adrien

"We have sent him to the board with the big words on it. Give him a little extra time and he should be alright, also his people skills are not up to par."

The Nos will look over to the Toreador and input the information on his phone for her under a codeword.

Kaisshau
2008-12-13, 02:55 PM
They bring you your coffee, then chuckle as you walk away. You don't seem to get much attention, as the patrons range from punks with pink hair, to fashionably-dressed women and men you can only assume are actors and actresses. Still, it's easy to find your compatriots, for classic Chinese dress and a burn victim will stick out anywhere.

Shi
When Lance sets down the coffees, you get a sudden, strong urge to not drink it. In fact, the thought of consuming that beverage makes you queasy.

Kagehime
2008-12-13, 03:26 PM
Shi nodded, and smiled faintly. "I can imagine. But, ah." She shrugged as well, then sighed at least when the coffee arrived. Except...

那种材料怎么回事?!

She lightly blew on the top, ostensibly to cool it down, and sighed.

WillWolf
2008-12-14, 10:44 PM
Lance:

Lance shrugged as he sat down, paying the two creeps, and relaxing as he slowly sipped on his coffee, though not really enjoying it either. He really, really didn't fit in with this group (or at least he felt that way) and as such he had the look of someone who was a little bit nervous, which was only enhanced on his nice, pink rosy skin. He would have preferred blood, but what could he say? He didn't like this place, he didn't like the idea of being surrounded by kine and beside a waiting-breach and a target, but he also had to trust that something was up, and he wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Thankfully he had missed the comment about him being about as bright as a brick wall or else this entire conversation would have been a hell of a lot shorter and pointed ... maybe with fangs.

Anyway. "Ok, Shi," he mumbled as he took a sip, "How did you get my haven phone number?" Staring at his odd compadre in the burn suit with a mild degree of humour and a great deal of he was sitting in an odd situation. "And why did ya call me," in a much deeper mumble, "If it's business of our business use euphemisms, 'cause we're around the 'juice boxes.'"

Kagehime
2008-12-15, 01:57 PM
Shi

She turned the cup in her hands, sighing over it as well. Yeah, they were an odd group. She'd already figured that one out, but then again, there were a lot of unusual figures on the streets of Calgary tonight, what with the escalating atmosphere and tension. Hey, they were in the theater district--maybe if they were lucky anybody who got nosy would mistake them for a theater troupe. True, she was a little nervous as well, and just a tad bit thirsty for more "normal" sustenance, but her nerves of steel helped.

Needless to say, she didn't bother to inform Lance about conversation with the Nosferatu, whom she had actually yet to identify as such, not knowing about different clans.

"I got a call," she replied, leaning forward somewhat confidentially. "When I called back, I got first a fellow who was...not quite all there. Then, his sister came on the phone and gave me your number. She said you could help, though not with what. I assumed," she went on, lowering her voice, naturally, "that she meant you could help me with, one--finding someplace to stay better than a basement, and two, more importantly--telling me what I need to know to stay, er, alive."

Rapscallion
2008-12-15, 02:02 PM
Adrien

the Nosferatu will turn his gaze to the Brujah as Shi finishes her reply.

"Help me Obi-wan.... I am sure Lance can be of help. Can we walk and talk folks ? i'm hungry and the smell of this chai is reminding me I haven't eaten either."

WillWolf
2008-12-19, 12:03 PM
Lance:

Lance sighed again. He did a lot of sighing. Either this girl was telling the truth and he was the surrogate sire to a Chinese vampire in this political climate ('cause there was no way he'd say no), and if she wasn't ... than he had no more real answers than before.

"Alright." He mumbled,"Fine. I'll hook you up with some basement suite or something ... I think I can. Either that or," pointing at the Nosferatu whilst smirking slightly, "money bags might be able to hook you up with a hotel for a couple of days, whilst I pull favours." Hopefully that would shut the guy up. Obi-Wan indeed.

He'd find a place, but there was no way in hell that she was actually going to sleep in his haven. He had just met the girl.

"You're right Adrien," downing what remained of the coffee (not that it was that enjoyable), "Let's scram. ... And grab something ..." he trailed off. Truth be told he wasn't even sure if she was a kindred, he was just going off his guesses, but honestly ... basement suite, new to this? What more could he say.

Sorry for the delay. Been sick.

Rapscallion
2008-12-19, 06:12 PM
Adrien

"Just because I happen to sue the hospital over malpractice and get a boatload of cash. you have to get all jealous there pretty boy."

Adrien will stand and look to Lance as if Shi wasn't even there. His face is masked by the opague white medical plastic and his eyes cooly scan over Lance.

"Let's go Fashion plate."

Adrien will take his Chai with him as they go and then dunp it in a trash can outside after a few blocks. Once on the street he will wait for his companions and head off in the direction indicated by Lance.

Hope you feel better.

Kaisshau
2008-12-24, 04:30 PM
Upon leaving the coffee shop, you make your way onto semi-abandoned streets. Most others travel in packs of five or more, so being the lone threesome makes you stand out. Your odd looks, however, are not that odd here. Being in one of the cultural centers, you're standing amidst many actors, entertainers, and of course, rebels.

You make your way easily enough, walking, talking, trying to guess at each other's intentions without directly mentioning anything. It goes smoothly until you come upon an area where the groups start to thin out, and look more ragged. You're accosted, then circled, with your backs to a building, the sign reading "A&J's Pawn," and under that "Hocking your goods since you went broke."

"Hey man," The lead ruffian says to all three of you, and no one, "Do you support the arts?"

WillWolf
2008-12-24, 05:18 PM
Lance:

Lance sighing, as he had unfortunately been kind of the unofficial leader of this trope of fools (himself included), decided that it would best for him to speak first. Stepping in front of the Shi, so as to make sure that she was not the one to be hurt in the incoming fight, which he smelled as soon as they were encircled, he spoke very firmly: "Yeah we do. What about it buck-o."

Kagehime
2008-12-24, 05:45 PM
Basement suite... Well, it would do. For now. She had money, she only needed someplace to stay for a few moments before she could cover her identity and get another apartment. In any case, she rolled her eyes gently at the "banter" between them, and nodded, getting up with them and tossing the coffee.

Sooner or later, she had expected to run into someone, so she wasn't surprised on seeing a confrontation, sure to be a fight, occur, and found herself grateful for the cover, as she wasn't quite the strongest. An artist, after all, trained the mind and not the body.

My apologies for being away.

Rapscallion
2008-12-25, 12:28 AM
Adrien

The Nos will put his back to the wall and cross his arms as scans the group. He will look down as they speak and let the Brujah lead.

His fist will curl and uncurl as the thug speaks.

Going on vacation, will post as I can over the next 5 days.

Kaisshau
2008-12-27, 10:31 PM
Smirking, the leather-clad gentleman looked to his compatriots.

"I knew we had a coupla artsy-types when I saw you fools together. What say you make your support a little more direct, or we make you watch as the ***** gets a lesson in manners."

Grinning, he made a round circle with one hand, put his finger in it, then winked at Shi.

"Whaddya say? Do we get our support the easy way or the fun way?"

WillWolf
2008-12-29, 06:31 AM
Lance:

Lance had had enough, rather than replying to their silly game of questions, which there was really only one answer to; he simply rolled his eyes, and began to 'Brujah Smash' them. It had after all been a long night, and he really, really needed to work off some steam.

Action: Go to head boss guy if he's close enough and start to beat him into a bloody pulp.

I've also got two levels of potence. I really don't have the books handy.
Dice pool 8: [roll0]

Ten agains, may they be many, work left to right. [roll1]

Rapscallion
2008-12-29, 02:48 PM
Adrien

Seeing Lance cahrge he will step in front of the Torredor to shield her from the worst of the carnage.

Kaisshau
2009-01-01, 05:45 AM
Catching him off-guard, you strike swiftly and true. He never sees it coming. Your hands fly, and before he manages to even gasp, he's on the ground, beaten. It doesn't look like he'll be getting up any time soon.

The rest of the gang's members hands go to their pockets, no doubt grazing hidden weapons, but no one draws anything. They don't break up their circle, but you can see in their eyes that they're unsure of themselves. Such a savage beat down makes them halt.

WillWolf
2009-01-01, 06:13 AM
Lance:

Now it was Lance's turn to look awkward. It wasn't his intention to one two him into submission, just to scare him off. Now Lance had a bigger problem; an unconscious gang leader. "Umm, **** off." He said to the guys, "Or I'll kill him." Yet Lance really didn't look that convincing; he was many things, but a cold blooded murderer, he was not. He looked to Adrien for some sort of assistance, then to Shi.

Lance slowly backed up in defense of Shi and Adrien, please just take him and go. Please. But yet somehow he knew that this would not be the case.

Rapscallion
2009-01-01, 06:53 PM
Adrien

"Now look at that the bravo fell down, now who else needs a trip to nighty night land ? Perhaps there are others for you to prey on ? tourists perhaps because we all know that armed assault carries a higher penalty than mugging."

Adrien will step up to where Lance is.

Kaisshau
2009-01-01, 08:43 PM
Nobody moved, but nobody came closer, either. Adrien remark about being caught didn't faze them, and they still had you outnumbered over 3 to 1. Still, the quickness of the assault left them steady, waiting for some clear sign on what to do. Had Lance been more aggressive, they would've ran, but his lack of confidence kept them immobile.

WillWolf
2009-01-03, 04:32 PM
Lance:

Lance, who's fazedness had worn off now, decided to continue on with the 'Brujah Crush' technique. Punching his left fist into his right hand, he began to speak; "What he's trying to say is," pointing at Adrien "**** off or I'll kill you all, twads." This time it sounded at least somewhat convincing, but Lance didn't really think it would work. He had the feeling that they would have to beat the living tar out of them all, but the only problem to that was, that vampires didn't bleed like humans did. This could and probably would turn into a very, very 'breachy' situation.

This is my manipulation+intimidate pool ... *whimpers* [roll0]

10 agains ... [roll1]

Rapscallion
2009-01-08, 12:47 AM
Adrien

The Nos will slowly move towards the Brujah and waits for the gang to make their move.

Kaisshau
2009-01-13, 04:32 PM
Shi:
Stepping from behind the Nos, Shi sweeps a Uzi from beneath her dress, and levels it at the nearest goon.

"You will leave. Now."

She gestures towards the downed thug, and back to the first with her weapon, "And take him with you."

Narrator:
The group is obviously startled by your actions, what with the savage beating, and the heavily-armed Asian princess. Shi's actions have a great effect on the group, several goons simply running away as she stepped forward, the rest looking to each other, than grabbing the leader and dragging him away. You can smell the scent of urine on the ground, as several of the thugs urinated in fear.

Rapscallion
2009-01-13, 05:02 PM
Adrien

"Nice, I see you are a big fan of John Woo. Well now that is done, I will be willing to help out but I don't have the pull that Lance has around here. My haven has already been compromised." Adrien will look at Lance. "So I will have to relocate as well. Is there anything else you two need ? I would like to looking for Dinner."

Adrien will stuff his hands in his pockets and look at the both of them.

Kaisshau
2009-01-15, 10:33 AM
Shi
Turning back to face you, she almost collapses as she shudders. "I never before have used my acting to save lives. I hope I never have to again."

Turning to face Lance, Shi looks at him expectantly. "I have been feeling something since the coffee shop, something gnawing at me. Is this hunger?"

Rapscallion
2009-01-15, 11:01 AM
Adrien

"Oh you did save their lives and your acting was very convincing. If I had to strike I doubt I would have held back my strength on these scum."

One Shi turns away from Adrien he will step out of both Lance's and her vision. He will call the power of obfuscation to cloak himself and start walking down the street.

If Lance takes the time to engage Adrien in conversation then he will stop the cloak.

Cloak [roll0]

WillWolf
2009-01-15, 11:29 AM
Lance:

Lance still very, very shell shocked that the fairly quiet Shi had produced an Uzi from out of her dress and had decided to play 'No More Mr. Nice Chinese Woman.' And it showed obviously on his face in complete and total shock. When Adrien looked at him; he shook his head and shrugged, it was true that his place had been compromised, he wouldn't hunt him down for it.

Staring at Shi: "Erm probably is hunger. I don't know, when did you last eat? ... Damn you've got a gun. I mean, look, I wouldn't suggest eating here, ok? Too much folk that don't like ... Asian people here."

Rapscallion
2009-01-15, 04:52 PM
Rerolling the 10's [roll0]

Adrien will walk away looking for a good spot to feed and a suitable victim.

Kaisshau
2009-01-15, 07:45 PM
"I see." She hides the weapon amongst her clothes again, then turns back to Lance. "I did not mean to startle you. I did not know the proper time to inform you that I was armed before the thugs attacked us."

Turning to look around, she whispers to Lance. "I last fed yesterday, but I have been unaware of the previous days before that."

WillWolf
2009-01-16, 02:28 AM
Lance:

Lance whispered. "Fine, fine, erm, I would think you would be fine if you ate yesterday." Lance looked a little confused, but less concerned as the gun had disapeared "but I ain't exactly an elder ... so who knows what I know." Then looking around, "Erm, where did Adrien go? Whatever ... Anyway since you're new, you really should eat in places where you have the pick of the litter --a bar, club-- take 'home' some nice, stupid boy and then erm yeah, you know. But not with an uzi in your dress..."

Lance began to walk, "Probably best if you ... sought out nourishment downtown, in the arts district, cause they won't blink twice." Lance really didn't look all that confident in himself.

Kaisshau
2009-01-16, 01:40 PM
Shi
"Thank you for your assistance, Mr. Lance. You have been very helpful. Now, I must go find Alex. He is alive, I do believe. If you ever need help, do not hesitate to call. I will do the same." Bowing, she disappears down an alley.

Narrator
Looking around, you find yourself alone on the street. You're sure that Adrien's around somewhere, but he's cloaked again. In the middle of the sidewalk, a small distance from you, a loud beeping erupts. Like an alarm, only more urgent. There's no one or nothing discernible that is causing the beeping.

Adrien, your laptop is ringing.

Rapscallion
2009-01-16, 02:15 PM
Adrien

The Nos will walk down an alley way or alcove and bring out his laptop. open it up and check his mail.

He will look up while he is working to take stock of his surroundings.

Kaisshau
2009-01-16, 05:34 PM
On your screen is a big flashing smiley face, with the word "Hi" coming out of it's mouth in a speech bubble. There's a bubble below it intended for text. It's odd, because you've never installed anything like this.

The alleyway is dark, and you're seated by a large dumpster. Fire escapes climb the buildings around you, but you appear to be alone.

Rapscallion
2009-01-16, 08:24 PM
Adrien

The Nos will type in the message block.

What are you doing on my computer.

He is typing slowly and carefully as to not damage the keys.

Kaisshau
2009-01-16, 11:16 PM
"What, me?" It replies, as you see the smiley face try to look innocent. Apparently the thing has emotions.

"I'm just an innocent little program. I just happened to be in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop by. Interesting files you have here, It says, as it begins to open all your hidden, encrypted and secret files, including things you've deleted.

"My my, such interesting files."

Rapscallion
2009-01-17, 04:07 PM
Adrien

The Nos will simply shred the power supply out of the laptop. Then pop out the nic card with a sudden movement crush the nic card.

Adrien will pop out the harddrive and then dump the laptop back into his backpack.

"Stupid hackers."

The Nos will recloak and head out of the alleyway.

[Spoiler] [roll0] [Spoiler]

He will muse to himself, The only real usefull information on the laptop was his last internet search. all of the other encrypted files were dummy files there to entertain people until he could kill the power. I will have to update my anti intrusion software again.

WillWolf
2009-01-18, 12:34 AM
Lance:

"Well if you're sure..." he said to the Toredour, "Be careful ..." and with that she was pretty much gone. If she needed him, she would phone. Maybe she thought it would be best to find her own place. Maybe it would be safer. After all a lone girl attracted attention of the wrong kind, but so did himself and Adrien, who had now disapeared. Not liking leaving the Nosferatu alone for an extended period of time, he decided it was best to find him.

"Adrien, where are you?" He bellowed, not really understanding what was up. "Shi left ... and ... " Lance looked confused. He was being played, and he didn't like it. Sighing he started down the street checking in allies, looking for a Nosferatu which could obfuscate.

Rapscallion
2009-01-18, 03:10 AM
Adrien

Adrien will emerge from the alleyway, grateful that he is not a Brujah. Seeing and hearing Lance he will approach and use the disembodied voice once more.

"What is it Lance, I can see she's gone."

Kaisshau
2009-01-19, 12:28 AM
As Lance is about to speak, both of your phones start ringing. So does a payphone down the street. Streetlights near you flicker on and off, and a car alarm goes off. You're alone, but someone can be heard shouting. You can't tell if he's yelling at you, or just at the noise and lights.

Rapscallion
2009-01-19, 12:39 AM
Adrien

"Before you say anthing, this isn't my work. I have an idea on what this temper tantrum is about. I need to check first."

Adrien will remain cloaked and turn his cell phone once he check the number on the display.

"Obviously this some sort of electrical disturbance but I don't know the source yet."

Kaisshau
2009-01-19, 12:44 AM
The number on your phone is 1-764-539-3223. You don't know the number, but after a quick second you realize it is 1-SMI-LEY-FACE.

WillWolf
2009-01-20, 10:19 PM
Lance:

Lance, who was continuing to look obviously paranoid, took a look at his cell phone. Truthfully he didn't like this one bit, and it showed. Growing ever more impatient, he started to go look around, his eyes darting from place to place. Were they being followed? He didn't like it. "How can a power grid effect cell phone signals ..." he said taking a look at the phone ringing down the street and then taking a look at the Nosferatu, or where he thought he was. "It's you, isn't it," Now Lance was going absolutly paranoid, "You, you hired her ... to lead me here, and now what, you ****ing Noss, you, **** ... why?" Darting around, he calmed himself down as quickly as he could, then finally shouting, "GOD DAMN IT." And answering the phone. "Hello?" he said quietly. Since he answered the phone so quickly, he didn't even look at the number.

Kaisshau
2009-01-20, 11:10 PM
"Why hello sir! How are you on this fine evening? I can tell from your voice that you are extremely distressed. Please relax sir. Everything is under control."

With that, everything reverted to normal. Adrien's phone stopped ringing, as did the pay phone, and the lights came back on.

"Thank you for answering so promptly sir. I have something I must discuss with you and your associates. We are a small group of resistance fighters, and we believe we can make use of someone with your talents. We observed your fight with the thugs, and believe you and your associates would be a welcome addition to our team."

Rapscallion
2009-01-20, 11:41 PM
Adrien

Adrien will start to defend himself. "Electrical disturbance as in hackers there chum."

Then as the rant goes on:

"Are your serious ? I wouldn't hire a Torreador if you paid me to. You know what have a good one there Mr. Conspiracy theorist."

Adrien will pause before leaving until the phone call is done. his curiosity getting the better of him.

WillWolf
2009-01-22, 05:10 PM
Lance:

Lance froze, and then started to look around him with great interest and fear. This time he was not looking for Adrien, but rather, for whoever or whatever was watching them. If they were observing him, than they had to have some way of doing so.

Clearing his throat, "Now why should we help you?" the whole paranoid Brujah thing was replaced with a look of concern. Lance turned up the volume of his cellphone so that Adrien might possibly be able to hear this conversation, "After all we have things that we can do with our lives other than be your personal attack dogs." He motioned for Adrien to move closer, but pressed the free finger to his lip in the shush factor, "And none of us particularly enjoy fighting, particularly for nameless computer hackers."

Perception plus investigation to look for how they are viewing them. If you preferred Alertness than investigation, it's the same pool: [roll0]

Any ten agains, in order, [roll1]

Kaisshau
2009-01-22, 06:42 PM
Looking around, you barely catch a glimpse of someone on a rooftop, and as you try see it better, you hear the camera on your phone click. They're watching you in person and through your phone, you realize.

"Why sir, I am certainly not nameless. I believed my name to be obvious, but I can see now it is not. My name is Smiley. I am pleased to have your acquaintance." You hear maniacal laughing, then the same voice in a different tone. "An' I'm Face. I ain't pleas'd ta meet ya, an' I don' trust you."

There's more laughter, followed by the first voice talking again. "Please ignore him, sir. He's very rude and I don't like it when he talks to people. Beside that, however, we do need to meet you."

Your phone beeps, signaling a text message. "Please follow these directions, and bring your friends."

Rapscallion
2009-01-22, 08:41 PM
Adrien

The Nos will move closer to the Brujah and look around for the watchers. Once Lance's phone makes noise then he realizes they are nearby.

WillWolf
2009-01-22, 08:54 PM
Lance:

Lance, looked confused and disoriented, but somewhat calmer now. He glanced up every once in a while to look at the people on the roof, but tried not to point or anything, though he doubted that they would do anything at this point. If they needed them, then they needed them.

He remained silent listening to this conversation between men, or rather, between himself and himself, and looked slightly less worried. It was far less likely to be believed as a breach by a man who clearly had some schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder.

"Fine Smile and Face, ... I'll be there. Maybe they'll come too." And with that he shut off his phone.

"Adrien, I'm sorry I accused you ..." he sighed, "It's just been a very, very bad day." He looked much, much calmer now. "And I'd ... appreciate your help, but I can't force you to do anything," he whispered, "it's just ... damn it I thought they were done treating me like a ****ing slave-childe!" And then Lance relaxed again. "Do you know where Shi is?"

Rapscallion
2009-01-24, 12:36 AM
Adrien

"It's alright Lance, you pissed me off there shortly but now I'm angrier with the brothers amusing more than you. Let's go and I have your six. I lost track of Shi when i went scouting in the immediate area."

Adrien will move to behind Lance. "let's do this and don't get staked. Where do they want to meet ?"

Kaisshau
2009-01-26, 12:25 AM
Lance shows you the text, it's an office building in the center of town. You're to go to the guard at the door and ask for "SF".

Rapscallion
2009-01-26, 11:38 AM
Adrien

"Wow, this guy is either very well connected or a complete loon. Maybe both but let's go I want to meet this guy. I'll text Shi to join us."

Adrien will take out his and text the torredor about the meet and the code phrase neccessary for entry "SF"

WillWolf
2009-01-27, 05:48 AM
Lance:

"Thanks, Adrien," he sighed, "I appreciate it." And with that he stuffed the phone into his pocket, so it wouldn't spy on his actions. He just had to be careful that they didn't talk too loudly about anything kindred related.

Lance begins to follow the directions, already pretty much memorizing them, and knowing he can check his phone if he forgets the exact details

Kaisshau
2009-01-28, 07:30 PM
You arrive downtown roughly at the same time, but from vastly different directions. You are standing in front of a massive office building, towering over the rest of the cityscape. Emblazoned near the top is the symbol "BNI", a company you know but are not entirely sure what they do.

Don Century & Zhang Shi You know that they have many different divisions, and a fairly enigmatic owner. He's rarely seen in public, and has issued many odd business decisions that later proved extremely profitable.

Hastuur
2009-01-28, 10:54 PM
Don Century

Don exits the limo straightening his suit looking it over for any damage, picking out a frey on the lapel "Gionetti is going to be most furious with this repair" he mutters to himself.

He walks up with Zhang Shi extending his hand in courtesy to guide her along. Max follows Don with a serious look on his face and one shoe missing its front part. When he views Lance he greets him "Greetings sir, I am Don Century." He extends his hand in a gentleman's shake.

Kagehime
2009-01-28, 11:52 PM
Shi

While Shi doesn't feel that she really needs him to guide her, she appreciates the thought, anyway, adjusting her own clothing that might have gotten out of place during the scuffle, if it can be called that.

"Well, I'm here." She smiles faintly and bows.

WillWolf
2009-01-29, 04:11 AM
Lance:

Lance, whom had walked there at a quick pace, but not in an outright run; had slowly came up to the building where they were supposed to meet. He suppressed the urge to ask Adrien when Shi was going to meet them here, because most likely he would say something backhanded to him, and with just cause, and instead settled on taking an occasional glance at Adrien from time to time. Lacking the ability to really give a straight face; he tried his best not to stare for too long.

When he arrived, and he saw the limousine come, or rather, slow down as they approached; he too slowed right down, and neared towards the wall. When Don stepped up; he had grimaced and looked confused at him.

"Greetings sir, I am Don Century."

"Hello," he said, not taking his hand until he saw Shi exit as well. And then he genuinely smiled at Don and gave a hearty (though potence free) handshake, "Nice to meet you. My name is Lance." Obviously Don was Shi's ghoul. The girl worked quickly.

He smiled towards Shi, and waved to her a quick wave. "Shi ... have you gotten any messages, outside of Adrien's ... cause a man by the name of Smile, and, Face needs our services, and ... tapped into our phones to get it." Every so often he took a look at Don and Max.

Kagehime
2009-01-29, 09:04 AM
Shi just waved back, smiling, though to be honest this whole turn of events was starting to wear on her a little. It had only been a few nights, and this sort of thing was happening already? Then what did she have to look forward to for eternity?

"Actually, yes, I have. Somebody handed me a note, here, I have it..."

Kaisshau
2009-01-29, 03:30 PM
On the card, you see directions to a place far from here, in Calgary's industrial district, and a message to "Bring ALL your friends." You cannot recognize the handwriting or location, but the writing is fairly looping and feminine.

WillWolf
2009-01-29, 04:57 PM
Lance:

"For all we know, this could be what Smile and Face want us to do." He sighed taking a look over the card. "So it's either we go into the building or we go down to ... wherever this is." Lance sighed. "For all we know this is a new side of Smily Face, Miss. Pac Man or something..."

Rapscallion
2009-01-29, 07:08 PM
Adrien

The Nos will go to a nearby alleyway and once in the shadows will drop from level 2 obfuscate to level one. Once he is blended in the shadows (no roll required) he will walk back to the front of the alleyway and approach the group.

"Laaaaannnccceeee, it's so good to see you, hello all I'm Adrien and you all should know me by now. Well are we going in ?"

Where as his features are muted under the burn mask and his hooded sweatshirt and trenchcoat cover his body language. He sounds vaguely happy and walked up briskly but non threateningly.

Hastuur
2009-01-29, 11:20 PM
Don

Don raises a single eyebrow at Lance. "Lancy?" Then chuckles a bit.

He looks at the trenched man and can guess with reasonable accuracy his affilication. "Greetings to you as well sir. Call me Don and I must apologize but I have not received any knowledge of you. I am recently new to this area and have not learned all the important people of our kine just yet."

His jackets gives a soft beep and he pulls out a Blackberry to do some texting real fast, then returns it to the pocket.

WillWolf
2009-01-30, 03:37 AM
Lance:

"Laaaaannnccceeee, it's so good to see you, hello all I'm Adrien and you all should know me by now. Well are we going in ?"

Lance's head shot around to see Adrien, and he gave a muted quizzical look, before turning his head. If vampires could blush he would be, but it was a rather muted embarrassment. Lance wore his sunglasses at night for a reason.

"Lancy?"

If looks behind sunglasses could kill the undead, he was giving one. It wasn't so much a threat as it was a statement of dissatisfaction, but coming from Lance that didn't really make much of a difference coming from a guy dressed in leather.

"Greetings to you as well sir. Call me Don and I must apologize but I have not received any knowledge of you. I am recently new to this area and have not learned all the important people of our kine just yet."

Lance looked shocked, apologetically shocked, and awed. He took off his sunglasses and looked at Don with a quizzical scientific curiosity. It was very, very obvious to him what he was talking about. He met three new vampires in one night? He barely had contact with kindred in months, and now he was surrounded by them. If he wasn't already in a trap; he'd assume it was one.

Clearing his throat, "From what I've gathered ... I don't think you have met anyone important tonight, Blue Blood." He said with a very, very neutral voice, but a firm enough one. Since Lance was about as subtle as a brick wall; it came across as obvious what he was thinking. I see you, I recognize you as somebody who is at least my equal, and I respect you for it. It was no use angering a man who most likely owned a company the size of the one they were standing on. Though he eyed the blackberry with keenness, he said nothing. If the guy was working for Smile and Face; he'd do a better job of hiding it, he decided. It seemed obvious to him what clan he belonged to.

"Either we vote to go in or we go to this place," he said passing Adrien the card. "Smile and Face are one person, FYI, and is mad as a hatter. But he also cracked into our phones and a payphone, so he's connected, and this woman seems to be able to get in touch with us too. So we're hooped either way."

Note for Kaisshu: The term blue blood, the name ventrue, the fact that the clan is in the Camerilla and is somewhat conceded, and the fact that the clan operates by being well connected, influential, and economically powerful is about the full extent of Lance's knowledge.

Hastuur
2009-01-30, 08:35 AM
Don

Clearing his throat, "From what I've gathered ... I don't think you have met anyone important tonight, Blue Blood."
"Either we vote to go in or we go to this place," he said passing Adrien the card. "Smile and Face are one person, FYI, and is mad as a hatter. But he also cracked into our phones and a payphone, so he's connected, and this woman seems to be able to get in touch with us too. So we're hooped either way."

Don looks up from his blackberry at the comment and gives a shot nod seemingly taking in as normal from the leather clad kindred.

He takes out a HT Touch Pro from the other pocket and starts accessing menus. "Seems that this Smile fellow has not accessed my personal electronics......yet........ So this could suggest based off of the information at hand that this could be controlled by one of the Malkav kine. That could prove to be difficult to predict but there is always hidden wisdom and cryptic messages in dealing with them." After checking last minute messages he pockets his device and extends an elbow to Shi.

Don looks back at Max and nods at him as well who takes a posistion behind Don. Don looks Max over and sighs at Max's condition of his right shoe.

"Well then, I hate to be late to a business meeting and this person definitely wants to meet." He beckons foreword to the entrance.

Rapscallion
2009-01-30, 11:41 AM
Adrien

"No problem Don, I'm not important around here so no harm no foul. I want a conversation with the mad little genius in there so I'm with you."

Adrien will turn to Lance but will note that Don and Shi use devices that are current.

"Sorry if I misspoke, I meant to say Laaaaannnnccce. Thank you for not hauling off and belting me. Let's go..."

Kaisshau
2009-01-30, 06:47 PM
Entering the building through revolving doors, you are greeted by a large security podium guarding the elevator, and an alert guard sitting behind the desk. Security cameras roam the lobby, and a staircase is not evident. Behind the desk, you can see the next two floors have a walkway with a banister running against the lobby, but the next floor is blocked by the vaulted ceiling.

The guard looks at you as you approach, and quickly takes in the combined appearance of you. Addressing Don, the only one who does not look wildly out of their element, he glares at the rest of you.

"Who're you?"

Hastuur
2009-01-30, 09:09 PM
Don

Don shifts his look to Shi and motions to her. "It's your appointment it seems."

WillWolf
2009-01-31, 06:57 AM
Lance:

"If I honestly thought you did that on purpose, I would have." Though it would have probably been less hauling him off and more pummeling him into the ground as he stood. Lance, not really understanding anything more than how to use a computer, did not understand why this was important. He then just followed on behind Don and Shi, to the side of Max. He guessed that Max was a ghoul by this point, and looked somewhat annoyed when Don was talking about Malcov's line (although Lance did not understand who Malcov was, it was very close to the word Malcovian), and although Max may be a ghoul -- it meant he was human. Smile and face was an idea that had not crossed his head, but Lance had simply chalked it up to too convenient if there was another kindred running around tonight. Now that he thought about it; he guessed that Don was most likely correct.

Rapscallion
2009-01-31, 11:45 AM
Adrien

"Ok Lance, I would hate it if we were crossed, I don't think I could bear it. "

Adrien will fall into line behind everyone else and wait for the admitance into the building. He will cough and say the word "Password."

WillWolf
2009-02-02, 05:04 AM
Lance:

Lance suddenly remembered the password when Adrien mentioned it.

"Oh right," he cleared his throat "SF."

Kaisshau
2009-02-09, 08:57 PM
At the mention of the password, the guard freezes. His face remains completely still, and his arm extends to press a button under the desk he's in. When he presses it, you hear a hiss, then a hidden door slides back next to the elevator, revealing...

An identical elevator. The guard motions towards the second elevator.

Rapscallion
2009-02-10, 07:58 AM
Adrien

The Nos will stride forward into the second elevator. He will wait for the other s to join him. Adrien will content himself to look over the panel. "Computer, Bridge please"

Kagehime
2009-02-10, 04:04 PM
This whole time, Shi had remained silent because, frankly, she was feeling rather anxious. After all, she'd just gotten involved with this, and already there was...people who clearly wanted to meet her. It was probably not for a good cause. She had managed to restrain herself to rolling her eyes at the petty bickering, but now she had to sigh.

"Oh, so dramatic. I just hope all of this is really worth it, anyway."

WillWolf
2009-02-10, 09:08 PM
Lance:

Lance was feeling rather anxious, and untrusting. He had just met three new kindred tonight and was far away from any aid. To top it all off he had left his bike a good ways away from this building, and would have to send someone to go and get it. He sighed, but guessing that the trap (he assumed it was a trap) would only happen once all of the kindred were stuck in the little shiny death box.

Lance more or less walked in after Shi and said: "Well maybe it is, or isn't, but at least it'll be done and we can go on for eternity."

Hastuur
2009-02-10, 09:51 PM
Don

Don walks with Shi as side escort. He was not summoned here so just playing along to see whats going to happen. His face is very impassive admiring Adrien's comment.

Kaisshau
2009-02-10, 11:31 PM
Upon entering the elevator, the door slides closed. You get a sudden sinking feeling in your stomach. The elevator's going up. As you stare around, looking at the featureless interior of the elevator, you hear a crackle, then a voice comes from somewhere.

"Hello, and welcome to my home! I'm so glad you could all make it. I hope you don't mind the mystery."

WillWolf
2009-02-11, 06:07 AM
Lance:

Lance said nothing, but his face looked suddenly whiter than before. He had seen this in some movie: the man's voice goes over the speakers, the elevator than plummets to it's destruction, it releases fire, or it somehow destroys all the occupants whilst the man monologues. Great. This was just terrific. Quite frankly he looked on the brink of nervous laughter, but he otherwise felt calm. Death was meant to happen to them all. He otherwise said nothing; if the man could speak to them, he could probably see and hear them too. Best not to press the issue.

Rapscallion
2009-02-11, 07:39 AM
Adrien

"Oh no you need all of the secrecy you can afford there friend. I understand you don't telemarketers and salesmen showing up unannounced."

Adrien's voice is clear and steady as the elevator rises.

Kaisshau
2009-02-14, 05:43 AM
The elevator rises, and rises. Looking at the button, all you can see is that it is labeled "Up". When you're certain that the elevator is somehow a trick and you're going to rise forever, it dings and stop suddenly. Only Don and Shi manage to keep their footing, Lance, Adrien and Max being caught unawares by the sudden stop, end up sprawled on the floor. The door opens, and you're greeted by a tall, lanky fellow, with a large smile pasted on his face.

"Greetings! Welcome to our humble abode! Why are you three on the floor? Have you never ridden an elevator before?"

Looking at the group, he smiles, and waits for you to stand and exit.

"Welcome, welcome, welcome. You must be the lovely Ms. Shi," He says, taking Shi's hand and kissing it quickly.

"And you, I can tell by the way you dress that you're Lance. You must be Adrien as well. Pity about your skin, sometimes the curse hits us all differently."

"And you two! Why, you must be the man Don Century, and you his ghoul Max! Welcome! It's a pity about your toe, Max."

WillWolf
2009-02-14, 08:18 AM
Lance:

Lance, whom was a little star struck from the sudden stop, clamored his way back to his feet, after picking up his sunglasses, and placing them back on his face. Lance got out of the elevator, shrugged, rolled his shoulders, and then relaxed. He kind of gave an inquisitive look concerning whether or not he had ever ridden an elevator before, not sure whether he was asking a question or making fun of him. Whatever.

Lance stared on, but suddenly got a little nervous when he mentioned Shi. To his knowledge Shi was a knew embrace, how could he know who she is and what she was? Whatever.

After the man said his peice, Lance cleared his throat, once he had finished speaking. "It looks like you know who we are and what we are, and I'm guessing that we are all what we are together; however, may we have your name?" It wasn't exactly elegance incarnate, slightly gurgled as Lance struggled to articulate his point without mentioning the words kindred or vampire (Max was a ghoul. Ghouls are still humans. Don't break the first tenant), but eventually he worded it out. He had the sudden feeling that he was dealing with someone with power and as such every time he spoke and every time he moved, Lance's movements and words were stilted, uncojoined, and generally unnatural.

Kagehime
2009-02-14, 02:48 PM
Shi:

Shi braced herself for any unpleasant surprises, seeing the button, and hearing the ominously videogame-like voice over the speakers. It would seem, though, that some of the paranoia was unwarranted, and honestly she sighed in relief when the doors opened.

His appearance was just what she would have expected from someone named "Smile" and "Face", and she did manage a slightly awkward smile and bow at his "genteel" kiss. "That is correct. It is, well, a pleasure to meet you."

She was nervous, too, of course; it had been just a few days, and already she was talked about? Something told her this was about more than her mortal fame in film directing.

Rapscallion
2009-02-14, 08:16 PM
Adrien

'Well at least i don't cry or sunsets or have to feed off of animals or virgins. Whatever, why are we here ? I did not like the invitation so come on let's get down to brass tacks. I really don't want have to hole up here overnight. You know us so what's going on, what is the prosposal and why us and not your ghouls ?"

Adrien will cross his arms and will not shake hands. His face is coivered by the burn mask so his eyes and facial muscles are hidden from view.

Hastuur
2009-02-14, 11:30 PM
Don

Don offers his hand in a business shake. "Good to meet you as well sir"

When Adrien is speaking he raises an eyebrow in question and then returns to a passive face. Nodding to the estranged gentleman in a kind of apologetic way.

Kaisshau
2009-02-15, 03:32 AM
"My name, good sir, is Smile. I work for Xavier, whom you shall all meet shortly. And as I'm sure you can guess, I know a great deal about all Kine in this city." Taking your hand, he gives it a firm shake. "And no, Mr. Century, no need to worry, I do not work or associate with that troublesome man you met with earlier."

Sitting back down behind a extremely cluttered desk, he waves a hand in front of the computer screen, and it beeps alive. He gestures you all to several plush couches, two made of fine leather.

"Just a moment, Xavier is just finishing up a call."

Turning to face Adrien, his eyes darken and his brow furrows."O', an' A'rien? I woul'n be so clever if I was you. If I don' le' ya, tha only way outta 'er is death an' a forty-story drop."

Turning back to the computer, he looks at it, then laughs.

"I'm such a terrible host! I forgot to ask if I can get you folks anything!" He claps his hands loudly, then grabs a list from on his desk, somehow knowing it's exact location in the mess. "We've got a whole selection of... fine reds."

Hastuur
2009-02-15, 09:55 AM
Don

Don chuckles to himself slightly and nods to Smile at the mention of the mortal he encountered. "Yes he was. Since you mentioned him I will assume that either you have actions pending or he works for your outfit." He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out his HT Pro. He starts tapping on the screen to delete files as he is talking and activates the audio recorder. He retirns the device at the end of his conversation. "I will cease my report Mr Smile. If you have it I could really use some Chateau St. Pierre." He will make sure Shi sits down first and take a seat next to her. Max stands next to Don at the coutch.

WillWolf
2009-02-15, 06:39 PM
Lance

Lance took a good look over Smile (and Face) and decided that it was best to not do or say anything which would upset the man. If Adrien wanted to run his mouth off, than he could; however, he just gave him a quick stern look rather than say anything. Unlike Don and Shi; he was somewhat more apprehensive than them, but quieter than Adrien. Crossing his arms, he just stood his ground and cleared his throat: "I see ... I suppose then you are a harpy of some sort than." He did not take any wine.

If what he was saying, wasn't a blatant test, than nothing was; however, he was trying to not be rude and trying to not be obvious.

Rapscallion
2009-02-15, 11:14 PM
Adrien

"Look I don't know you but if you want to throw away the finest mind the Nosferatu possess that's up to you, Face but YOU took the time to get me here. You want me here, I'm here, so What do you want, I need hard data and facts not Machiavellian platitudes from someone I just met. I'll go with the flow right now but you ain't winning me over with this start."

Adrien will look around and ready himself for an epic level dustup. He will cross his arm and ponder his role in this assemble.

Kaisshau
2009-02-16, 02:04 PM
"Certainly, sir! What year do you prefer? Just ask, I'm sure we have it somewhere."

Reaching down, he presses a button on his phone, and mumbles something into it.

"A harpy? Certainly not sir. I am no different than any other one-hundred year old man. Well, except for the whole being dead and not breathing and drinking blood. Other than that, there's no difference!" He claps his hands as he exclaims this last point, then starts giggling madly.

Suddenly something clears Adrien's head by millimeters. It tears a furrow through his hat, and pins his hood to the wall behind him. Suddenly stern, Face glares at you. It's a wooden stake, about an inch thick. "I sai', sit down. You'll ge' what I feel like giv'n ya, an' noithin' more."

Willpower Spent!
Your body obeys before you can think, immediately sitting on the floor, as you had not moved near the couches. (Unless you spend 2 Willpower to negate).

Rapscallion
2009-02-16, 05:03 PM
Adrien

"I don't think so Face. Just let me know when it's time to leave." Adrien will lean against the wall and tug the hood off the stake in the wall.
The Noss will move over to the couches in case the urge to sit hits him again.

*Spend 2 willpower to resist.*

WillWolf
2009-02-17, 03:39 PM
Lance:

At first Lance's face looked very, very angry. Brujah smashy angry to hear Adrien mouth off like that. If he spoke like that to the wrong people, the five of them (ghoul included) would be sent off the top of the building. Than he looked positively frightened at the sudden appearance of wooden stake. Did he actually throw that? Was it something inside his head? He didn't want to find out.

Lance sighed in relief that Adrien did not get them all killed, and looked otherwise calm, as if in deep thought. Unlike the others he had yet to sit down and instead stood in the background with his arms crossed and looking generally mopish. He looked positively quizzeled that the man who knew all of their names and their clans and everything else it seemed was not a harpy, which made him bite his lip a little. Otherwise Lance looked rather serene, despite his thoughts being somewhat darker.

Kaisshau
2009-02-18, 11:25 PM
Smile's computer beeps, and he looks at the door.

"He's ready for you now. And you're lucky! He's in a good mood. Oh, and please leave all electronic devices and weapons here," he says, as he pushes a cart to sit beside the door.

"Don't bother trying to conceal anything, for by crossing the threshold you are exposed to an EM field, which will render useless and unrecoverable any devices. Please do not try to hide anything, for you will be searched on your way out of the room, and anyone who does not comply or is found to be concealing devices will be forcibly ejected and or killed."

Waving at you all, he laughs. "Thanks for the visit guys! I rarely get company, and you've all been such a treat!"

With that, he stands up beside the door, a hand extended in greeting, and his other hand resting on a large, silver sword, which also came from somewhere in the mess.

"An' Adrien? Please try somthin'. It's been ages since 'avier le' me kill anyone. An' I know 'e'd le' me kill you."

Rapscallion
2009-02-19, 07:40 AM
Adrien

"Not going to happen Face." Adrien will slide his digital camera, cellphone, and his blackberry into his backpack and walk over to the cart."Here you go all my toys and gadgets, enjoy."

Hastuur
2009-02-19, 07:52 AM
Don

"If you don't mind Mr Smile, my associate Max will hold my items and will either wait here or can go to the lobby. This does not sound like the kind of meeting that he needs to be involved in." He nods to Max who takes several item from Don. Don hands him a Blackberry, HT Pro, a silver pen, watch and his wallett.

"That should take care of my electronic items now". At the last part of Smiles ejected comment Don rolls his eyes in obvious boredom. This threatinig business is getting a bit out of hand for him.

As he moves pat to enter he notices the sword and Smiles comment to Adrien. He mouths "wow" to himself.

WillWolf
2009-02-19, 04:15 PM
Lance:

Lance on the other hand had no toys or gadgets beyond his cellphone, which he just handed over unconditionally and wordlessly. He looked noticeably more relaxed now that Adrien and Smile were not in the same room, and he did a double take as he take on the sword, but Lance was otherwise quiet. Perhaps he would invest in some nice, good wooden stakes.

Now this meant that the four of them would probably all die, what with facing another elder, weaponless, and all, but that's ok. With any luck the deaths would be swift and painless. Lance took a look over his companions: Don, Adrien, and Shi, plus himself. Well the four of them certainly made quite the little group. Not the group he thought he would die with. He sighed.

Lance walked through to the otherside of the doorway.

I don't have access to my character sheet write up. If I had any other 'contraband' items then he handed those over as well.

Kaisshau
2009-02-20, 04:49 AM
As you step through the door, you feel a slight tingle. No doubt the EM field Smile was talking about. Inside the cavernous office, there is a massive oaken desk near the back of the room, the top hand-carved from a single, ancient tree. On the left of the room is a bank of monitors, rapidly switching through many different cameras, and on the right is a gigantic bay window, giving you an impressive view of the surrounding area, and showing you that this is the tallest building around. By far. Nearer to you sits a couch, a massive six-foot-tall television, and two doors which are presently closed. Beside the door is a mat with a sign above it saying "Please take off your shoes! Thanks!" When you do take off your shoes, the lush carpeting beneath your feet makes it feel as though you are walking on pristine grass.

Behind the desk sits a powerfully built man of about forty, with salt and pepper hair cut close. He is wearing a black suit made of the finest silk, tailored perfectly, one Don can tell would cost more than a small family car. He has a black neck-tie embroidered with a single golden X, and a white shirt. He wears gold and platinum cuff-links set with diamonds, and is seated in a massive chair made of extremely fine leather. Opposite his desk are four leather chairs, each having a basket with a name card on it. A fifth one is sitting inside the door to the right, on which you can make out the name "Max".

The man glares at you, and you can feel yourself wilting beneath his gaze. He gestures towards the sign, then for you to come in and at the chairs opposite. His entire being radiates power, and his office reeks of money and status.

Kaisshau
2009-02-25, 07:47 PM
(I'm assuming you all do as you're told and take of your shoes and sit. Inside each of the baskets is a blackberry, a disposable camera, a cheap cellphone, a wallet with $500 cash, a small black spherical object, a watch, a ring, and a 9mm Glock pistol, with two rounds of ammunition.)

"Welcome, welcome. It gives me great pleasure to have you all here. You are not the brightest, strongest, wealthiest, or most talented," He says, looking first at Adrien, then Lance, then Don, then Shi, "But you are the most ignorant. And that, my friends, is what I seek."

Standing from his desk, he begins to pace in front of the window, his back to you.

"For you see, I am in a bit of a predicament. My influence here is being questioned, my right to rule is being put under scrutiny. I do not like this. My will and strength is beyond your capacities for understanding, but I cannot make full use of it. To do so, would invite the world down upon our little freakshow, something I can never do. So, I first turned to my loyal servants. They proved to either be corrupt, incompetent, or unwilling to do what they must to root out the evil at the core of this dastardly plot to usurp my rightful power. Then I turned to the local mercenaries, those who's bonds are brought only by money. Even they failed, for they lacked the courage to see the truth. And the truth, my friends, is that I am the only thing standing between us and ruin. Were it not that I was here, in this time, that cursed man would have shone the light on our entire existence. He would have thrown open the shutters, and brought death to us all. His reach is far, though, his influence vast. He is like a child, believing kin and kine can coexist." He spat, then looked back at you.

"You must find him, and you must destroy him. You cannot hope to combat him on your own. Once you locate him, tell me where he is and how to get there, and I shall exterminate him and his lot like the vermin they are."

Rapscallion
2009-02-25, 11:41 PM
Adrien

Adrien will pause to remove his shoes and take a seat four down from where Prince is sitting.

"Does this walking endangerment have a name ? What do we call you ?"

Adrien will look over the items and close his bag.

Kaisshau
2009-02-26, 01:51 AM
"You may call me Xavier, and I do believe he is calling himself Winston these days. Now, any other questions?"

WillWolf
2009-02-26, 05:25 AM
Lance

Lance followed suit, removing his shoes, and sitting down. He looked somewhat nervous, but as soon as Adrien spoke; relieved. Thankfully the Nos had decided to not blow his lid off.

Lance cleared his throat. "Erm, what's Winston's clan? General appearance ... last recorded location and previous vocation, if any, within kindred society?"

Hastuur
2009-02-26, 07:45 AM
Don

Also taking off his shoes and finding his seat he sits quietly showing to be impassive while listening.

Kaisshau
2009-03-02, 06:05 PM
"Winston is tall man, but I do not know how he will present himself. That filthy degenerate will be hiding somewhere with his brood and lackeys. Look in the art studios, the bars, anywhere someone addicted to vice would be found."

Opening a drawer, he pulls out a file. "This is what we know of him."

Inside the file are a few photos, showing a tall man with the same face, in a variety of costumes. In one, he has short black hair and is wearing all leather, in another, he has long blond hair and is garbed in designer clothes. Also listed are his known aliases, "Johnathan Baach" and "Steff H. King".

"He hides well. And he is much older than he looks. We've attempted to trace his finances before, but they are stored in a variety of banks long associated with utter impenetrability and complete secrecy. He was a famous artist, a poet, a writer, and a member of nobility in old England. He has money. Probably even more than I can access."

Rapscallion
2009-03-03, 03:20 PM
Adrien

The Noss's disassociated attitude lightens a bit. Adrien will lean forward to look over the photos.

"So he could be any Clan or is masquerading as several clans ? He's an annoyance to your regime and you want our ignorant assistance in this endeavor. His weakness is vice and he needs to be silenced.

Do I have everything correct ?"

Adrien will lean backwards and cross his arms again.

WillWolf
2009-03-04, 06:26 AM
Lance:

Lance nods his head at the information and then looks over at his compatriots.

Hastuur
2009-03-04, 07:27 AM
Don

Don sits back starting to look the annoyed part that he is feeling. Something is just not right with all of this bullying tactics.

"So Mr Xavier, what is it exactly do you think some band of unknown kine can find this all-powerful mortal or kine can find much less do anything about this? There seems to be very little of motavation to do this on my part, unless you count the strongarm and plan to stick to that." He opens his arms wide. "What does each of us get out of this? I hate doing investing without knowing the risk, which i'm pretty sure what that consists, versus the payout."

He looks over to Adrien and smiles.

Kaisshau
2009-03-09, 06:13 PM
"You won't find him. He'll find you. That black object in the bag is a PPS tracker. PPS stands for Precise Positioning System. It is accurate to within one meter. When you meet him, all you need to do is send the signal and we will log your location.

And as for why..."

He opens a case, and pulls out a fine cigar. He lights it, then takes few puffs.

"You all want something. You, Mr. Century, want to find the group sabotaging your company's property. And, I can also rid you of that troublesome man you met. Adrien, you desire money and knowledge. Smile has more access than you can dream of, and he can teach you what he knows. Lance, you seek understanding of your unlife, and a stable environment. I can give you both. And Shi, you seek Alex. I know where he is. He is alive, do not doubt it. For how long depends on you."

Laughing, he gestures to the window. "Of course, there's also the fact that I could end you all right now, or for as long as you remain in this city. And I'm not going to let you leave. So, do it for whatever reason you wish. Or for no reason at all. Just do it."

Rapscallion
2009-03-10, 06:44 PM
Adrien

"Thanks Xavier, I'll take the carrot instead of the stick. Knowledge and money work for me, I assist with the tagging."

Adrien will lean back and look over the rest of the group with his hands in a steple formation.

WillWolf
2009-03-11, 04:33 AM
Lance:

Lance looked somewhat embarrassed at accurately being described his motivation for life. It wasn't something that he spoke about often, in fact he had never spoken about it at all. ...

Lance looked nervous; somewhat apprehensive and his eyes (behind his sunglasses started to look around for somebody whom was searching his head; he had heard that some clans could literally look into your head and bring out information. Who did it?). Whatever the case; he simply nodded his head, he would do what was asked; he had no desire to f--- with the prince.

Rapscallion
2009-03-21, 02:27 PM
Adrien

The Noss will register the Brujah's discomfort but will not make any snide remarks.

"So I guess we're done and we can go now ?"

Kaisshau
2009-03-23, 03:34 PM
"If you're finished with the insipid questions, then yes. Please stand by the door in single file, two rows, male and female. You'll be searched, and released. Carry your basket and shoes please."

((OOC: If you did try to hide anything, post in the OOC what it was and where you hid it.))

Kaisshau
2009-04-07, 11:46 PM
You are released, although he doesn't return any of the items he confiscated, and Smile makes sure you properly secret away all of your new items. He collects the baskets, humming to himself an Easter tune, then ushers you into the elevator and down. The guard at the bottom snaps awake when the door opens, but remains utterly motionless. Outside, the night is still fairly young, and you are set adrift, with no clear path to follow.

Rapscallion
2009-04-08, 11:50 AM
Adrien

"Well, now where ? Can I get a lift back to my place unless you guys have any plans ?"

The Nos will look around and stuff his hands into his pockets.

WillWolf
2009-04-08, 11:44 PM
Lance:

Lance looked far more relieved, and sighed, breathing heavily and irregularly, as he tried to recollect his nerve. He took a look over his companions, what they were, and what the heck they had gotten their selves into. On the one hand this seemed like such a mundane thing, going to find and get the guy out of the prince's hair, but on the other hand; what were they to go around and do this?

"Well, now where ? Can I get a lift back to my place unless you guys have any plans ?"

"Well I need to get my bike, but then I can take you home," he sighed in relief. He paused. "You do know he could have really killed you, you know?"

Rapscallion
2009-04-09, 11:55 AM
Adrien

"A couple of blocks away would be nice thanks Lance. I know he would have destroyed me but I'm already dead what more can he do to me ? I'm not to submit meekly to harassment or debasement. I am going to let people know where I stand and then move forward from there. I'll walk with you to your man, Later Shi and Don, nice ride by the way."

Adrien will start walking with Lance when he goes.

Hastuur
2009-04-10, 08:25 AM
Don

Don walks out with everyone looking annoyed. When they reach the area they are all talking at he fishes in his pocket for the items "Smile" gave them and gives it a scornful look.

"What a waste of time. You have got to be kidding me on this pompus &^%(^% that wants to rule the universe. Why in the ^$#^&* does he keep our personal electronics? Now I have to get new one and flash them. What an *%@^&)_*."

Looking around he notices Max is not out here "great, keep him too why don't you &%)@$, yeah that makes a lot of sense."

He will go to the limo and take it to the hotel.

Kaisshau
2009-04-11, 08:05 PM
You all manage to safely return to your quarters, and spend a rather uneventful day in fitful sleep. An image of Xavier laughing and a puppet smiling at you haunt your dreams, and the image of a tall man nodding serenely at you banishes them shortly before you wake.

Shi won't return your calls, sending Lance a message saying simply, "I must find Alex." Your small, weak band has become smaller and weaker. With unknown threats throughout the city, you feel small, but the image of the nodding man comes back, and you feel blessed with renewed hope.

((OOC: You all gain enough experience for one ability increase (I don't have my books so I don't know how much that is). Spend it however you wish.))

WillWolf
2009-04-12, 03:13 AM
Lance:

((OOC: Sorry to sort of god mod, but I'm going to say that Lance got your number/you got his Hastuur.))

Lance just sighed as Adrien explained his actions: I'm dead so I can do whatever I want. He shook his head, but didn't see the point in arguing with him about what he did with his own life; but he didn't want to get himself killed either, and he had the suspicion that Adrien was going to get them all very, very dead.

"Alright." He said to Adrien, "Bye Don, bye Shi." And with that he turned and left, it was probably best to not bother the man when he was in the fits of anger. "See you tomorrow. I'll find a good place to meet up."

And then he pretty much moved on with silence Adrien. If he said anything he replied, but it was very obvious that he didn't really want to talk. He took him back to where he assumed he was supposed to drop off Adrien, and then went and did his 'before sunrise' routine at his haven.

-----------

Lance woke up and noticed the text, sighed, and almost broke the table that was near him as his fist came down. He pretty much pounded in his response to Shi: 'Stay safe.' Very annoyed he got up and sent text messages to Adrien and Don to meet him at 'The Cue Tip' pool hall, with an address, (one of the few places where neither Adrien, Lance, or Don would stand out), with his new found gadgets an innocuous backpack and several sheets of paper and pencils.

Lance was not a dumb man, and he kind of figured that the gadgets and other stuff would be bugged, and that maybe there might be a guy here who might be listening into their conversation through the old fashioned method. That being said it was a double gambit, he could not, not use the bugged stuff, because than the prince would be very, very suspicious. So he placed the stuff in the backpack and placed the paper in a different pouch.

Lance arrived there thirty minutes earlier than the others. He had left his bike about ten minutes away walking distance, in a location he knew it would be safe, not that they were in a bad neighborhood either. And started a round of pool with some shark who was looking for a game, betting twenty bucks that he'd win in the half hour. Lance, who was not a bad pool player, agreed and found his --- severally whooped ten minutes before the meeting place. Afterwards Lance made himself look nice and fleshy in order to order himself a drink from the bar, which he just sort of sat there and waited at.

Rapscallion
2009-04-12, 06:32 PM
Adrien

The Nos will awaken in his four poster bed and gets up with after the sun has set. He will turn on four television sets to their respective news channels and head over to get dressed. He likes to keep abreast of international and local news, as he dresses. The Nos powers up his mainframe and checks his website and email for any daily updates or requests.

Once dressed he will call to report that his blackberry was lost and will pause to reach into a bin to grab another one. Once the new blackberry is charged, he will pocket into his Calgary Roughriders red hoodie with black shirt. He will cinch up his belt on his blue jeans and slide on a biker boots. Adrien will call up a cab for ride to the bar location. He will get out about four blocks away and go into a alleyway to obuscate himself. Once this is done he wil head to the bar and go in with a customer.

When Lance is by himself the voice will ring out. "I'm here."

Kaisshau
2009-04-14, 09:54 AM
The bar is respectable, but out of the way. The interior is dimly lit, but for clandestine meetings, that's best. It's relatively empty, a few people playing pool, one group of four businessmen at a table, and two at the bar, one female. The bartender is a large, muscular man with piercing blue eyes. His head is shaved, and tattooed with flames. More tattoos cover his arms, and he stares at Lance as soon as he walks in.

When Adrien enters, the bartender comes over to Lance. "Tell your friend to knock that **** off in my bar. I'd be talking to him, but then everyone else would know something's up. Tell him to go to the bathroom and clean himself up. If he tries that again, I'll break his legs."

The man is obviously mortal, but he can see Adrien through his Obfuscate. You either got really lucky with your choice of venue, or something is out to get you.

WillWolf
2009-04-15, 09:53 PM
Lance

Lance looked suddenly very, very pale. It was his bodies' natural reflex to suddenly look pale when he was told that a member of his 'coterie' was going to have his kneecaps broken in. He finished off the drink he had, swiveled on the bar stool, and then pretty much looked like he was about to get sick. Of course he also brought with him the electronics, because as much as he would prefer to not keep the stuff, he was fairly certain the prince would not appreciate loosing his 'gifts'.

And then hustled towards the bathroom taking Adrien with him (OOC: Not sure whether or not you de-obfuscated; else wise he'll go towards where the bar tender motioned you were/where Lance thought you were) mumbling 'Adrien, bathroom ... Adrien bathroom ... Adrien bathroom ...' and then walk into there and wait until he could see him. It was obvious that Lance was far more afraid than angry.

After he took a few deep breaths (somewhat irregular, but it helped him to calm down) he'll give you a look and say: 'The barkeep can see you.'

Rapscallion
2009-04-15, 10:49 PM
Adrien

The Nos will decloak and appear where Lance is expecting. "Yeah, I noticed that. What do you want ?"

The Nos will look the same as he did the night previous with burn mask, hoodie and jeans. Lance would notice that the hoodie and jeans are new.

"I simply adore all the quait meetings we seem to have." The Nos will turn and head back out to the table. He does not pay the barkeep any attention at all.

WillWolf
2009-04-16, 07:32 PM
Lance

Lance suddenly looked rather annoyed and sullen again. "Fine, just don't use disciplines." He said whilst Adrien was still inside the bathroom, and went back towards the table where Adrien was now standing at. He needed to keep a good eye on him; the two of them certainly couldn't feed here, and he had the startling suspicion that the barkeep knew far more than he should be allowed to, but Lance wasn't really in the mood to go around ratting on people who looked far more concerned with holding a steady job than with blackmailing princes and kindred.

"You want something to drink, Adrien?"

Hastuur
2009-04-17, 07:27 AM
Don

Don spends the next day getting replacement items and memory flashing. He sets up a signal with his company to disable the old units. Max gets new shoes. Unless someone calls Don the day is used up running errends and Don cooling off from the encounter from Smile.

[OOC: Yeah, WillWolf that is safe to assume we all exchanged numbers]

Kaisshau
2009-04-17, 05:57 PM
Don:
You manage to disable the phones, but when you describe the PPS system to a technician, they inform you that it's simply not possible to do. They inform you that whomever owned the device would instantly know it was disabled, it would be very expensive to do, and it would violate several National Security measures, especially if it is sent across borders, as would be necessary. What you're holding in your hand is a very rare, very expensive and very illegal piece of technology. Either Xavier has connections that far outreach your own, or he's breaking many, many international laws. Either way, going against his wishes with the device would get you so deep in trouble your company would burn you.

Lance:
As you and Adrien sit at a table, a man comes into the bar, looking like an addict who's been far too long without a hit.He goes straight to the bar, and mentions for the bartender to come over. He talks to the bartender, for a while, then the bartender gestures in your direction.

WillWolf
2009-04-17, 10:46 PM
Lance:

Lance, before Adrien could respond/not knowing that he had responded, quietly got up and said: "Be right back." He then turning his head to see if he was actually being beckoned, quietly walked over there. His face still looked somewhat fleshy.

"Yeah? What you want?" It wasn't rude, but had the edge of confusion and panic that was often in a young vampire's voice. All the while he was quietly eyeing the 'drug addict' looking man with a bit of worry. Either this man wanted some coke or--yeah that was probably it.

Rapscallion
2009-04-18, 09:58 PM
Adrien

"Once again you have called me, what did you...." Adrien will let the question hang as he see the man at the bar.

"Oh come on... What next ?"

Kaisshau
2009-04-18, 10:35 PM
"The nice man said you had coke for me. He said "Find the rebel and the invisible man." He said you'd give me what I wanted if I gave you his money."

He opens his hand, revealing several hundred-dollar bills.

WillWolf
2009-04-21, 03:37 AM
Lance:

Lance looked suddenly afraid on the notion of the 'invisible man' he was certain that the sheriff was going to burst through the door and take the two of them away for breaking the Masquerade, but he suddenly settled down. "Oh yeah, sure, sure."

He shifted his weight a little, "Umm ... let's just not do this deal with soo much, erm, people around."

Perception+Streetwise to see if he means coke or vitae, because he's not certain that the bartender is not sending him over here to bother/intimidate Lance like, 'I know what you are ... here's me rubbing your face in it, hahah.'

Rolls: [roll0]
In case of tens, go left to right: [roll1]

Four successes

Kaisshau
2009-04-21, 02:13 PM
The man means coke, but you catch the hint of something hidden within him. He's not here entirely of his own free will, it seems.

WillWolf
2009-04-21, 07:36 PM
Lance:

Lance takes him to the bathroom and sells him some coke. It's a quick transaction, he's not entirely happy, but he doesn't see the point in belingering on it (if the man said [invisible man] he was far more likely to be knocked upside the head than taken seriously). And so does so. It's not a whole lot of coke, because Lance keeps it around mostly for show, but it should get him done.

Afterward he says, "now get lost" and then leaves the bathroom to return his drink, all the while staring at the bartender. What was he? Some kind of vampire seeing witch? But he wasn't really in the mood to listen to him much longer.

When he returns to Adrien, he says, "sorry, got distracted ... the bartender, he's ..." and now in a very low whisper, tossing his head to see him, "definitely not human."

How much cash he got back from the transaction; he's not looking to milk him, just get him out of the w: streetwise+manipulation [roll0]

Tens, work left to right: [roll1]

Rapscallion
2009-04-21, 08:50 PM
Adrien

The Nos will look away and then look back when Lance returns, his face impassive behind the mask.

"Look is there something you need ? I don't plan to come back here as obviously I am not wanted here."

WillWolf
2009-04-22, 08:51 AM
Lance:

Lance kind of looked at him, slightly incredulously, "Well we can start to see if we can try and find the guy that he wants us to find." Lance said with a slight edge to his voice; it wasn't like he was doing this sort of stuff for pleasure.

Rapscallion
2009-04-22, 09:30 PM
Adrien

"Ok I'd say let's check some bars that are having poetry readings and jazz recitals ? That sound about right to you ?"

Adrien will drum his fingers on the table to get his mood across.

WillWolf
2009-04-23, 09:15 AM
Lance:

Lance nods his head. "Yes, but I think we need to wait for Don. He's late, but I sent him a message. ... Shi's not coming--I think she skipped town." He said it with some regret. Other than that he remained silent and hoped that Adrien could keep his cool long enough for Don to come.

Rapscallion
2009-04-23, 11:33 AM
Adrien

"Ok so we wait." Adrien will make the pretense of stretching and settling down. He will observe the bartender from his vantage point.

"So do we have Wi Fi here ?"

Kaisshau
2009-04-23, 07:54 PM
You're pretty sure you lost money on that deal, but you managed to score two of the hundred dollar bills. One of them has a doodle of a smiley face over the portrait, and the other has a large W written across the face. The bartender ignores you, and goes back to his bartenderly duties.

You didn't see any signs posted, but you can't imagine a place like this not having wifi, although you might have to pay for access.

WillWolf
2009-04-25, 02:58 AM
Lance:

It took Lance a little while to understand the signifigance of the smile-y face and the W. Winston and Smiley Face. It seemed obvious, but the two of them were supposed to be working against each other; so it must just be coincidence. He didn't even see the point with making a note about it.

And so Lance sits and waits for Don to show up.

((OOC: Doooon, where are you?))

Hastuur
2009-04-25, 06:31 PM
Don

After getting his devices finally all squared away he start looking through his messages and notices the text from Lance.

He glances at his watch vrs the time stamp and rolls his eyes in frustration.

Don then text replies with: Took too much time to set up my replacement accounts. If you are still there I can be on my way in a few.

He will instruct Max to get a rental car and prepare to go out.

WillWolf
2009-04-26, 05:50 AM
Lance:

When his phone beeped; he took a look at it and said to Adrien: "It's Don."

He replied, 'we're here. Shi's gone. Don't break rule number 1.' He wished that he could reply with more clarity, but he didn't have a cell phone that wasn't probably tapped by the prince.

He turned to Adrien, "He'll be here shortly." And snapped shut the phone and waited; he decided it was best to not tell anyone about anything. This place was obviously watched by someone ... he didn't want to get into the details with the creepy bartender here.

Rapscallion
2009-04-26, 09:19 AM
"Oh well that's good, how are you doing then ?"

Adrien will look around and mental tab each person's style of dress and possible fortunes.

WillWolf
2009-04-26, 07:25 PM
Lance

"Ahh, been better. It's not exactly a playground out there," he motioned towards the door, "Dog eat dog. canis canem edit." And Lance sighed.

((OOC: The latin means. Dog eat dog.))

Rapscallion
2009-04-27, 12:36 AM
Adrien

"I know it's been a strange week for me already."

The Nos will go back to people watching looking for oddities among the patrons.

WillWolf
2009-04-29, 06:54 AM
Lance:

Lance pretty much does the same, except he occasionally checks his cell phone to see if Don comes.

Hastuur
2009-04-30, 07:04 AM
Don

As they arrive Don informes Max to stay in the car and watch the front.

He walks up to the front entrance looking at the signs for the pool hall. Straightening his tie in the windows reflection and not caring about being over-dressed. Businessmen make deals all the time here. He puts both his phones on vibrate and walks in.

Don notices Lance and takes a set at the table. "Nice place here, decent atmosphere.." he says while nodding his head in approval. "So, anyone have some type of idea on what to do? I have not done anything except replace items and accounts since 'his magisty' stole our stuff." He is obviously still very annoyed about how they were treated by Smile.

Rapscallion
2009-04-30, 10:33 AM
Adrien

"I keep alot of spares as I'm kinda rough on my devices."

A new laptop sits on his back and he's is not holding any electronics.

"So We check out rumors or clubs and canvas for this guy ?"

WillWolf
2009-05-01, 04:08 AM
Lance:

Lance nodded when Don came through the door and looked somewhat more relieved; he was beginning to worry something had happened to him. Lance just kind of shrugged; he honestly had no idea what to do, and he was fairly certain that it wouldn't be easy--it's never easy. He lowered his voice somewhat and just said: "I don't know. I think they're going to be watching us ... so I guess we should go and check something out." He shrugged, "The bartender there is ... linked to our kind somehow, but I don't know how, and I think we should do the rest of this conversation elsewhere ..."

Rapscallion
2009-05-01, 07:34 PM
Adrien

"Now we're talking something to do." Adrien will wait for the others and then follow them out silently vowing to himself to never visit this estabishment again.

Hastuur
2009-05-02, 05:48 PM
Don

"If you guys dont have a ride I have Max outside that we all can travel together." As he stands he straightens his coat and looks for any obvious staining from the set and watches the crowd for any too intrested onlookers.

Rapscallion
2009-05-02, 08:39 PM
Adrien

"I know I don't have a ride Don, I'm with you. what about you Lance ?"

Adrien will heft up his backpack and look to Lance for his answer.

WillWolf
2009-05-05, 11:13 PM
Lance:

Lance nods his head. "My bike's parked outback. I'll follow you guys on it. Ok?"