View Full Version : Lords of Creation 2 (A World Building/RP Project)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-19, 08:55 PM
I think we're all lesser gods still... hell, even our most powerful god (Luumu) is just DR 8.

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-12-19, 09:11 PM
I think we're all lesser gods still... hell, even our most powerful god (Luumu) is just DR 8.

I meant lesser as in, not as powerful as all the others.

Sicarius
2008-12-19, 10:28 PM
Cryala can enjoy the Heavens, but remember, you have to compete with Wanderhome.

Also, huzzah, I'm being fought over. Godly!

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-12-19, 11:00 PM
Meh, I'll sort of fight over God of the Wild because I'm talking to him atm. Scheming is fun! :D
Either Faithless is working hard, or hardly working! Ahahahahahahahaha!!! I crack myself up sometimes...

vegetalss4
2008-12-21, 02:40 PM
hey Innis where do you find those cool pictures?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-21, 02:43 PM
For those two? I cheated. One of the manga I read has a character that just sorta...looked how I wanted Yen to look so I cropped it.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-21, 03:30 PM
With that in mind, in his more humanoid appearances, Lerios probably looks something like this:

http://www.deviantart.com/download/58016023/ichimaru_by_tobiee.jpg

:smallwink:

vegetalss4
2008-12-22, 11:52 AM
For those two? I cheated. One of the manga I read has a character that just sorta...looked how I wanted Yen to look so I cropped it.

oh. Which manga?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-22, 01:46 PM
No Herrak isn't allowed on the material plane. Thanks for the catch.

I'll PM the link to you Vegetal, the stupid board filter will block a part of the name.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-22, 02:00 PM
So, where was the original (original original) Lords of Creation (I just got curious for some reason, I know it's been mentioned but I haven't been able to find it)

vegetalss4
2008-12-22, 02:12 PM
apparently so will the URL in the link...

L.A. i believe that the first where on wizards?

Fierywasabi231
2008-12-22, 02:23 PM
I think the very first LoC was on the gleemax boards, not sure.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-22, 03:50 PM
It was on the wizards board.

We have kept The Grand Creator, who was the first god in the first game. Other then that its completly seperate.

Roll over at 7.

Incendius
2008-12-22, 04:50 PM
With that in mind, in his more humanoid appearances, Lerios probably looks something like this:

Hmm... are you sure he doesn't rather look like Charlotte Cool Horn (http://img56.onemanga.com/mangas/00000003/000071272/002.jpg) instead? (Work Safe... but not for the faint hearted.)

:smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2008-12-22, 05:45 PM
Best frickin arc to date.

Incendius
2008-12-22, 05:50 PM
"Did ya know? Swords right... If you hold 'em in both hands they're stronger than if you just hold 'em in one."

Best power up ever.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-22, 05:53 PM
"Its shaped like something to take life, isnt it?"

Easily one of the best lines so far

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-22, 06:16 PM
Yea, the Wizards board has one running even now, and I'm probably gonna join up. 3 LoC's at once :smallamused:

Innis Cabal
2008-12-22, 06:44 PM
I'll stick to this and everything else I have on my plate :smallwink:

Incendius
2008-12-22, 07:12 PM
Faithless, you can only evolve twice in a row assuming your a lesser diety, and then you have to do two more actions and then raise your DR before you can evolve again.

Fierywasabi231
2008-12-22, 10:16 PM
No, he'd have to do 18 other actions and raise his DR to 11 before he could evolve a third time. You get to evolve once per caste you obtain, not DR.
Also I though you could only evolve once a week.

3 LoC's? good luck with that LA.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-22, 10:54 PM
That is correct. Once per week

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-12-22, 11:56 PM
Soo, Faithless is working tirelessly to make the map for us all? Because in a few posts, We won't have an OOC, due to no map.
BTW, Where's thelizard?!? He can't just not post in the middle of a battle! :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Incendius
2008-12-23, 05:49 AM
Oh its once per Caste?

I need to look back through my actions... I think I'm overboard by a lot then.

Edit: Not too much, but it does mean that I get back 5 AP in total (From the two evolves - 1 AP from roundback reduction.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-23, 11:24 AM
It is one evolve per cast, but since Lesser Gods didn't evolve when they were demi's they have 2 evolves they can do. Everyone is good.

Fierywasabi231
2008-12-23, 11:39 AM
Is the midnight carnival another plane or something? I need to start doing something with Atheos but I don't know where in the world I should start my plans. Is there a place filled with conflict that I can go and ekill people till they stop fighting?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-23, 11:42 AM
Ya, its more or less the plane of storms/weather/partying

The Planes are

The Material
The Etheral
The Astral
The Divine Flame
Wanderhome
Limbo(All of the elemental Planes)
Oceano's Realm
And..The Grand Forest?

Fierywasabi231
2008-12-23, 11:51 AM
Is there any place in particular that's at war right now?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-23, 11:53 AM
Not really. The God of Nature has it out for Yen, but its a one sided combat at the moment.

Vadin
2008-12-23, 01:13 PM
If you're looking to lead someone to war against something, I'd try looking at the dwarves. They're pretty insular and non-evil. They might crusade against someone or something.

Alternatively, Luumu might just create some new race out of boredom. A race of good guys. Good anti-dragon guys.

EDIT: Done! Holy Order of the Dragonslayers created, thanks to some very tricky dealing on Luumu's part.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-23, 01:35 PM
The dwarves might be a good pick, though talk to Suberman about them, I know he has plans for them. He just hasn't been able to get to a computer for RL reasons.

On that note. How many evil nations are there? The Beholders, the Cyclops....the vampires as well I would think.

HoundDog
2008-12-23, 02:01 PM
On that note. How many evil nations are there? The Beholders, the Cyclops....the vampires as well I would think.

Sort of. Vamps aren't an actual nation (I do intend to make one eventually, Opalum's just gathering up AP). Currently they are just scattered across the world and are hiding amongst the various peoples.

By the way, I think you may have missed lycanthropes out.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-23, 02:02 PM
I was unsure of them. And Full Roll Over was yesterday ;D

They don't seem...evil in the classical sense. They seem more...neutral with Evil tendancies

HoundDog
2008-12-23, 02:16 PM
And Full Roll Over was yesterday ;D

True, but I think they need a bit more than that. As they need blood they therefore need a guarantied source of food (maybe slaves bought of the shikigami in exchange for mercinaries to guard shikigami trade caravans?) before they build a nation.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-23, 02:17 PM
That'd certainly be a assured way of getting food.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-23, 03:10 PM

The Planes are

The Material
The Etheral
The Astral
The Divine Flame
Wanderhome
Oceano's Realm
And..The Grand Forest?

You forgot the Eternal Heavens :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2008-12-23, 03:11 PM
I sure did, and I helped make it. Doh.

The Eternal Heavens is more or less the EVIL plane.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-12-23, 03:13 PM
Sorry guys, I have to bow out.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-23, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. You know, it occurs to me a lot of people seem to leave because they can't "keep the pace" or something, but some of the old LoC's best gods were played by people who were on maybe once a day, for like, half an hour tops, like Xuin. The Destroyer was great, he was fun and everyone loved him (OOC) and... sorta hated him IC. But Xuin was on like, once every coupla days...

Edit: This is not (necessarily) directed at you DM, it's just something I've noticed.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-23, 04:14 PM
It does seem like that. Also, at least for the last LoC, the world became developed much faster then it has here.

Heliomance
2008-12-23, 07:43 PM

The Planes are

The Material
The Etheral
The Astral
The Divine Flame
Wanderhome
Oceano's Realm
And..The Grand Forest?

Hehe, someone remembered the Grand Forest for once! It's not a plane though, it's entirely on the Prime Material. Rendirllyn loves the Prime, he's not going to up his DR and give it up for quite a long time.

vegetalss4
2008-12-24, 05:33 AM
all my potential allies disappear:smalleek:

and Vadins let me just be sure...
you made some gnomes want to fight dragons, gnomes that live on another continent at that. gnomes who's only advantages are better weapons than the kobold/gnomes in the dragons society, and that they are so far away that they won't meet any dragons? poor gnomes

also why are there gnomes everywhere?

Vadin
2008-12-24, 10:27 AM
all my potential allies disappear:smalleek:

and Vadins let me just be sure...
you made some gnomes want to fight dragons, gnomes that live on another continent at that. gnomes who's only advantages are better weapons than the kobold/gnomes in the dragons society, and that they are so far away that they won't meet any dragons? poor gnomes

also why are there gnomes everywhere?

Yes. They are far away from actual dragons and their heads have been filled with stories of dragons as these glorious shining monsters who lie about good and peace and take your children in the night. Their only advantage is that they tend to procure the best available weaponry 'just in case'. Of course, they likely won't meet any dragons, but that might be fixed...eventually...:smallamused:

And there are gnomes everywhere because the first races created were gnomes and kobolds, and there have been a few nourishes spent to increase their numbers all across the planet. Gnomes/kobolds/whatever a gnobold is have been assumed to be the default race of the world instead of humans (do we even have humans yet?).

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-24, 10:37 AM
You know, maybe Goblinoids should be introduced at this point. Maybe, I dunno, as like a warped version of Halflings? Like that halfling clan that sided with the Morning Star become Goblins from their influence by the Brilliant Son himself?

Edit: And it occurs to me I have 9 unspent AP. I have one evolution I can do, and I might raise my DR, that still leaves some left over.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 10:53 AM
The worlds also still very open, with the vast majority of races on the larger continent or islands.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-24, 10:56 AM
Why do Portfolio Elements cost so much AP to obtain, especially when their only mechanical effect is to enable to procurement of an equally expensive Domain, which ITSELF has no mechanical effect?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 10:58 AM
Cuase..thats how the original rules were?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-24, 10:59 AM
Maybe... the original rules don't (necessarily) make sense...?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 11:00 AM
There have been cases of that before

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-24, 11:03 AM
This, it occurs to me, appears to be one of those times. Domains and Portfolios are meant to flavor a deity for fluff purposes, and have no effect, mechanically, on our gods ability to do... ANYTHING. It's all for the actual WORLD. It seems that they should be easier to procure, so that people will actually GET THEM, because as it stands, getting a portfolio and then a domain seems like sort of a waste of AP when, for the same amount of AP, you could create three races, or like, 20 different kinds of monsters.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 11:06 AM
I think its because back when it first started they still used SDA and that would make it a bit more powerful. We can drop it to a 1 AP action to pick up a portfolio though.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-24, 11:08 AM
That would make sense, to me at least. I can understand if, you know, a domain or a profile did something for you like gave you AP, but as it stands something that's supposed to (I guess) make the world a more rich and fluffy universe is... a waste of energy?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 11:11 AM
Well, its also for gaining a new level of DR. I think the thought process is, the more you over see and the more prayers you get the stronger you are. So it works on an FR basis. And with the combat system that was sent to me they do more then just sit there. Though even for evil gods wouldn't the gaining of more domains be a primary concern? More power means stronger god after all

I mean, Yen has two extra domains and a claim on another already.

Vadin
2008-12-24, 11:16 AM
Idea! Raise the number of actions required for a portfolio element and domain to 4 (each) and lower the cost to 2AP.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 11:30 AM
Its already 2, for both actually. Though I don't see the other reason being so bad

Fierywasabi231
2008-12-24, 11:31 AM
Hmm, maybe I should go teach the gnomes how to fight? Are the dragons doing anything conflictual that would seem like the beginnings of a war or something? Because otherwise he'll tell the gnomes to go bugger off.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-24, 11:32 AM
Would it cost AP to make that second moon?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 11:53 AM
Ya, a create land

Vadin
2008-12-24, 11:55 AM
Hmm, maybe I should go teach the gnomes how to fight? Are the dragons doing anything conflictual that would seem like the beginnings of a war or something? Because otherwise he'll tell the gnomes to go bugger off.

Many of the gnomes on the southern continent are, at this point, predisposed towards hating big shiny dragons thanks to a very zealous group of gnomes who seem to be pretty good at fighting them (or so they imagine-the prestige class is from the Draconomicon and grants fear resistance, extra damage vs. dragons, and a few other things).

They're just waiting for an anti-dragon mount (like a drake, perhaps- see list a few pages back) and a Guide Populace action and a few nourishes to increase their numbers to lead them in combat to the north against their "dragon-enslaved kin".

@LA: That's no moon!

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-24, 11:56 AM
It's an illusion till I have the AP to create it!

Alternatively, would breaking off a piece of the current moon to make it reduce that to a Mold Land action?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 11:59 AM
Ya. That would make sense

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-24, 12:03 PM
IT IS DONE!

Hooray, now we have a moon that's a GIANT EYE, and another moon that is covered with eyes, one for every race, and watches EVERYTHING THAT RACE DOES. If someone looking for information about that race is lucky enough, that races eye might deign to give them the information they're looking for.

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-12-24, 12:41 PM
@LA: That's no moon!

It's a space station, with enough firepower to destroy an entire planet!

srry, judt couln't resist

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 03:30 PM
Technology has been slightly increased. For the Shikigami at any rate.

Fierywasabi231
2008-12-24, 06:00 PM
Wouldn't being able to break off a chunk of old land and mold that into new land remove the need for the higher AP action of create land? Seems kind of pointless if you can do that.

And damn, that's a complex first iron weapon. You would need either a mechanical or a magical mechanism that could both retract the snake-like extension while latching the individual blades into one congruous sword with enough hold to prevent it from detaching with every swing or parry.
Meh, we're gods.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 06:03 PM
Why? All your doing is taking land that already exists and shaping it into another form.

Think of it like making a clay pot. It takes less effort to pick a piece of already wet clay from the mass you've made up then it does to prepare new fresh clay, cut it etc.

Mold land can raise the sea floor into islands, break off small peices of already existing land, or even raise it into the sky. The stuff to work with is already there. In fact, its one of the things listed under Mold Land

Create land on the other hand is -making- land where there never was any, or creating land larger then some islands where there wasn't before.

Another way to look at it. Its like ripping a piece of bread off a loaf. Not alot of energy. Not alot of time. Where as Create Land would be actually making the loaf. Waiting for the dough to raise (if its a yeast bread) mixing the ingrediants and actually cooking the thing.

Edit: As for the sword. At the moment. You have to change it -by hand-. Muwahahaha. No easy times just yet. And ya, we're gods but I rather not strain what little physics can be at this point even in a magic world where level 9 is the highest level mage. Its mostly a metal bladed whip. Taking time and effort the pieces lock togather and form a somewhat passable sword.

Regardless. Its iron where the best at the moment is obsidian. Its in orders of magnitude better then the best weapon most people are using at the moment.

Fierywasabi231
2008-12-24, 07:27 PM
Cruel. Even making a series of latches is a difficult task. Meh. Sword-whips are fun. (http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/ivy-soul3art.jpg)

What? I'm looking at the sword-whip.

Obsidian is sharper than surgical steel, but making weapons out of it is difficult considering you can only edge weapons with it. So I assume that the obsidian tech is primitive?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 07:40 PM
Its primitive ya. Its mroe brittle then steel as well, and as you said, only made good stabbing and cutting weapons, and even then it couldn't be made into very large weapons.

The gnome dragon slayers have it as stated as the highest tech level at the time.

Its not now. But it still is for the majority of the races of the world. They'll be trade goods sooner or later.

Fierywasabi231
2008-12-24, 10:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the main way ancient peeps used obsidian was to take pieces and embed them into a club or stick. Then they have a really sharp and point club or stick. Daggers work too. Obsidian is glass afterall, albeit sharp and lethal glass. And if we have obsidian I'll assume we have volcanoes?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-24, 10:58 PM
The native american's have been noted for using it as spear's and sharp edged blades. The meso-american's were noted for the spiked club route.

Either way, it made efective slashing(Cutting) or piercing weapons due to its low durability. Even then, it was rare for any single culture. Bone and stone sharpened into edges were more common before metallurgy started.

vegetalss4
2008-12-25, 01:54 PM
so the gnomes and kobold are everywhere because they where nourished? even through they where created on an island and no one ever moved them? also wouldn't they also have stories of the dragons as their helpers from their time on said island?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-25, 01:57 PM
The nourish started with the Shikigami, though they didn't need a whole lot of compuslsion to...you know...breed.

But the disease has spread as they are more or less the best transmiter you can get(Good going Jesherad! :smallbiggrin:))

Gnomes and kobolds were also made to dwell within Iuro by Luumu with a nourish as well. So ya, there are as of now 2 seperate lands with gnomes and kobolds.

One act under the dragons(The area where they started) and the others were created to be used as slave stock(By Luumu)

vegetalss4
2008-12-25, 02:02 PM
thank you. I had missed that.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-25, 04:58 PM
What race was it that was spread over the whole world, specifically?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-25, 05:45 PM
The Shikigami and the Haflings. Other then that the other races have been rather isolated.

Lycanthropes-Emerald Crown
Cyclopes-The Main Land
Shikigami-Everywhere
Dwarves-The Ice Flow
Haflings-The Main Land
The Fey-The Grand Forest
The...Darillyians(sp)?-Their sky island
Beholders-Iuro
Gnomes-Iuro, Dragon Island
Kobolds-Iuro, Dragon Island
Shadowkin-Isolated pockets(Maybe?) on the Main Continent, Iuro
En's-The Land Bridge and Islands

vegetalss4
2008-12-25, 06:07 PM
two things
one: you forgot the dragons they live on the main land (more specifically in the Irr'kartana mountains that are almost everywhere on that continent) and on the gnobold island
two: funny that you call it dragon island, considering that the gnomes/kobolds where there first, and that it where made for them

Innis Cabal
2008-12-25, 06:08 PM
Opps. So I did.

And I call it that as....they seem to have taken a liking to the place :smallwink:

Fierywasabi231
2008-12-25, 06:13 PM
Sooo, are we still waiting on Faithless and his map placeholder? Because I'm trying to come up with a strategic place to put a base buuut, that's a bit difficult without a map or any frame of reference.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-25, 06:15 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/InnisCabal-1.jpg

I do have a map. Its just not updated.

There is a large sea there in the middle of the top continent. As well, the far right mountain is the home base of the Shikigami

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-26, 09:22 AM
Actually the Cyclopes are both on Iuro and the Main Land.

Edit: And we got AP yesterday right?

Vadin
2008-12-26, 11:11 AM
Actually the Cyclopes are both on Iuro and the Main Land.

Edit: And we got AP yesterday right?

The northern mainland (the North Hand).

We got half AP.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-26, 11:28 AM
rounding down yes? Maybe we could get a Christmas gift of half AP + full AP? :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2008-12-26, 01:53 PM
:smallbiggrin: Sure, why the heck not. But ya'll better spend it!

Full AP+half AP. Everyone enjoy. AND SPEND IT!

Edit: Let everyone else know. Lots of cooking and cleaning for me here today.

Heliomance
2008-12-26, 03:51 PM
Think that puts me up to 8 now.
*hoards*

Innis Cabal
2008-12-26, 06:54 PM
There we go.

Hey. L.A. PM me a discription of Lerios. Am going to see if I can get a SKYLORDS banner.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-26, 07:53 PM
Do we still need permission to gain domains?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-26, 07:57 PM
Unless its an absolute insane leap of what you've done to gain it. No. I think everyone's shown good judgement so far to not need to make sure things don't get out of hand

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-26, 07:58 PM
Ok, so, what exactly would be an action toward the Secrets domain? I mean, what "Related things" do you have to do to get that domain?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-26, 08:00 PM
Create an organization that hoards information because it might contain someones secret. A pest that makes everyone lie. Etc.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-26, 08:09 PM
So, I can just do three quick 1 AP actions to that end? Also, would the Moon of Kinds count? It watches everything and collects OTHER PEOPLES secrets...?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-26, 08:23 PM
In that case, ya I don't see why not really.

Heliomance
2008-12-27, 07:54 AM
Yen is modelled after Lau from Kuro****suji.

...the forum's gnna censor that, ain't it.

Anyway, do I get AP/a cookie?

vegetalss4
2008-12-27, 08:42 AM
why should the evil gods be the only ones to offer pacts?:smallwink:

Helio is it OK with you, if i use one of our pantheons AP next Monday?

Heliomance
2008-12-27, 09:22 AM
Aye, fine by me.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-27, 12:13 PM
Yen is modelled after Lau from Kuro****suji.

...the forum's gnna censor that, ain't it.

Anyway, do I get AP/a cookie?

No, cause I already said he was apperance wise ;D

Heliomance
2008-12-27, 06:50 PM
You posted a picture, don't think you ever outright named him. No cookie for recognising him?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-27, 08:28 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/Cookies.jpg

There ya go. :smallbiggrin:

I sent the link for it to Vegetal incedently. Turns out the form also filters the link.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-27, 08:33 PM
So if I wanted to say, give a link to an autobiography of a certain member of the Van Dyke family, the forum would block it? Harsh.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-28, 11:06 AM
Yep. Blocks it.

Suberman
2008-12-28, 10:17 PM
I apologize for my absence. I'm back, though, and intend to stay!

Busy life is busy. :smalleek:

vegetalss4
2008-12-29, 04:38 PM
Psst L.A.

what cave are you talking about? the dragon one? the dragon one where the dragon left with you, for the Divine Flame?:smalltongue:

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-12-29, 04:39 PM
Ahem, sorry, I meant the Divine Flame. I'll edit that.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-29, 07:41 PM
Roll over and all that.

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-01-01, 04:25 PM
If TheLizard doesn't respond soon, Can I'z eat him? Paaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz ze?

Innis Cabal
2009-01-01, 05:14 PM
Sure, give it a little bit more time, as two gods are hinging on him posting. One more week i'd say at most.

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-01-01, 05:50 PM
Yay! Consumption! :D

Yea I needed him to post like-what, a few weeks ago. He must not have intrest, or can't reach the computer. If its the latter I'll just vomit him up when he shows up.

Vadin
2009-01-04, 09:00 PM
And Luumu is the first intermediate god, and the world has some fixin' to do! Good gods- get to work!

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-04, 09:33 PM
Actually, I think Ishtar may have been the first intermediate

Edit: And I don't think I've actually used up my thursday rollover AP yet.

Vadin
2009-01-04, 10:05 PM
Well...crap. :smalltongue:

Luumu will just have to make up for it by being even more agressive.

Fierywasabi231
2009-01-04, 10:25 PM
Very nice sir, let the explosions begin.

vegetalss4
2009-01-05, 02:42 AM
If 3 AP's enough to counter the desertification of the whole world, the 2 I'm allowed should be enough to protect almost everything.

Heliomance
2009-01-05, 03:48 AM
This is where the no more than double AP on a single action rule suffers a bit. Invoking a pestilence of that magnitude should cost more than 2, as should fixing it. There should also be rules for fixing the pestilence locally, countering the desertification in a specific area while letting the rest of the world go hang.

Incidentally, I've entirely lost track of how many AP I have. I know I've been hoarding for a while - shall I assume 8?

vegetalss4
2009-01-05, 07:20 AM
Helio actually it would require 3 to remove. however as i could only use 2 i assumed that i could remove it from just a very big part of the world.
however i believe that the max AP on an action, are slightly silly, as it stops us from doing the really big things with just one description, but nothing stops us from just taking an extreme amount of actions in one post

Vadin
2009-01-05, 03:19 PM
It was a world-spanning thing, but not a huge one. It was as though the world underwent a dry season with very little rain (the sun was more intense). Also, the countering rules are AP+1. If I were to spend 1 AP on something, the amount you would have to spend to counter it is 2 AP.

If I remember correctly, the Nourish/Pestilences were capped at 2 for each individual use so that huge things would require more AP to counter.

1 AP Pestilence takes 2 to counter.
2 AP Pestilence takes 3 to counter.
2 AP + 1 AP (3) Pestilence takes 3 + 2 (5) to counter.
2 AP + 2 AP (4) Pestilence takes 3 + 3 (6) to counter.
2 AP + 2 AP +1 AP (5) Pestilence takes 3 + 3 + 2 (8) to counter.
2 AP + 2 AP +2 AP (6) Pestilence takes 3 + 3 + 3 (9) to counter.
2 AP + 2 AP +2 AP +1 AP (7) Pestilence takes 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 (11) to counter.
etc., etc.

I'm thinking, however, that it should perhaps be capped out at units of three or four. Then it would look more like this:

1 AP Pestilence takes 2 to counter.
2 AP Pestilence takes 3 to counter.
3 AP Pestilence takes 4 to counter.
3 AP + 1 AP (4) Pestilence takes 4 + 2 (6) to counter.
3 AP + 2 AP (5) Pestilence takes 4 + 3 (7) to counter.
3 AP + 3 AP (6) Pestilence takes 4 + 4 (8) to counter.
3 AP + 3 AP + 1 AP (7) Pestilence takes 4 + 4 + 2 (10) to counter.

This makes things a little easier to counter, but still avoids AP+1 always beats the sum of AP, where huge actions can be undone with a wave of a hand- when I pay 20 AP for something, it better be a little harder to beat than 21. It should take an effort on the parts of several gods to uncreate it.

Capping individual Nourishes and Pestilences at 4 AP might also work, but it seems a bit too high (and thus the undoing a bit too easy) for me.

But that's just my opinion.

vegetalss4, you can undo the whole or lessen the whole, you can't undo just a part of something. I'll let it (and the AP you should have spent) slide this time, but let's not have it happen again.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 06:50 PM
You may want to check the IC again Sicarius, I made a big edit :smallwink:

Edit: Also, rollover is still in 8 minutes right?

Sicarius
2009-01-05, 07:06 PM
*sigh* Looks like someone has been a naughty boy.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 07:08 PM
Well, It's sort of your fault. I mean, why not punish something that's JUST Luumu's, or at least, MOSTLY, like Necromancers?

Sicarius
2009-01-05, 07:10 PM
I did. I punished beholders that were using necromancy.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 07:11 PM
But the BEHOLDERS are as much Lerios's as Luumu's, and MOST/MANY of them use Necromancy, so it's not really.

Sicarius
2009-01-05, 07:12 PM
Yes, but only the ones who listened to Luumu get punished (as he was the one who taught them about soul-stealing).

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 07:15 PM
Which is MOST of them. They follow BOTH Lerios AND Luumu, they follow the things BOTH brothers teach them.

Sicarius
2009-01-05, 07:18 PM
So? Your brother messed with your race to the chagrin of other deities. So they're the ones that take the fall (although that practice is fading out). If you don't like what he is doing with your race, then it's him you should blame, not me.

It's the disadvantage to sharing a race.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 07:21 PM
See the thing is, Lerios didn't CARE, in fact, he ENDORSED the activity. What you don't get, is that Lerios was mad because Cryala was messing with his followers because of something his brother did. I mean, my guy MADE DEVILS, his first creations had to sign special pacts for their souls just so they can control themselves, he doesn't mind soul-eating, he minds people messing with his followers for something he didn't even do.

Sicarius
2009-01-05, 07:24 PM
Oh, I understand it perfectly, including the fact that you don't care But the fact of the matter is, you're not understanding that Cryala basically feels attacked because her domain is motion, and the soul-sucking renders people static. She retaliated. The fact that they're your followers is irrelevant. You allowed your race to attack Cryala's domain, and she retaliated. So basically, it's your fault.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 07:32 PM
Really? I thought it was because Luumu made it harder for people to travel? I mean honestly, so does KILLING people, and honestly if you're going to look at in such a broad spectrum, ALL of the gods followers are prohibiting travel in one way or another. And honestly, Cryala should understand that if she wants to bring about "punishment" to an evil gods followers, he's going to respond. So no, it's not my fault, it's not Lerios's fault, it's still Luumu's fault, and Cryala is basically going to make traveling harder and harder for mortals the more she tries to "punish" the followers of Lerios.

Sicarius
2009-01-05, 07:44 PM
Hey, I was punishing Lummu's followers for Lummu's actions. It matters not that they were your followers. And if Yen or Ishtar's followers perform the action, they get the penalty too. I'm nothing if not fair. You're kind of overreacting a bit, I think. Travel and chaos are Cryala's domains, and reducing a soul to nothing makes it hard to do either.

But, if you want to perpetuate a war, you certainly are going to win.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 07:46 PM
You cursed his followers so that if they devour souls their souls get replaced, for something a DIFFERENT god, known for doing things because he feels like it and he can, did. Lerios isn't overreacting, he's just REACTING.

Sicarius
2009-01-05, 07:48 PM
Then you should really be angry at Lummu. I mean, why are you sharing followers if they are going to do things that make others mad?

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 07:54 PM
*facepalm*

Why would he be mad at Luumu, Luumu taught the Beholders a practice that Lerios supports, CRYALA is the one who cursed them, not Luumu, so he should be mad at CRYALA. I mean, did you not get the whole "evil" thing, or maybe the "power hungry" part. Lerios doesn't care about the feelings of the other gods, at best you could have approached him about it and they could have made a deal, as it stands you just pissed him off.

Sicarius
2009-01-05, 08:04 PM
Oh no, I understand that you're an evil jerk. What I don't understand is that you're getting angry at me for cursing your followers after someone curses my domain using those very same followers. If you enjoy the practice, accept the consequences.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 08:09 PM
But see, that's NOT WHAT IT WAS ABOUT. You keep talking about how soul-eating is what's the problem, but all you seemed to care about IC was the sudden difficulty of travel because of the heat and desertification. I mean honestly, soul devouring has been occurring for AGES, literally AGES IC, and Cryala has never even mentioned being miffed by it in any more than passing. I'm mad because you're punishing MY servants, not even for the actions of those servants as dictated by another god, but for the GOD HIMSELF's actions.

Edit: And it seems you're overreacting more than me. I mean, all Lerios did was make it so that there's a higher chance of people dying on the road to become undead, which often stay near the place of their deaths ANYWAY. It's not even the worst curse ever, it's just to make it harder/more dangerous to travel.

Vadin
2009-01-05, 08:28 PM
Umm...guys, it's okay. Gods are supposed to step on each others' toes and mess with each others' stuff in interesting and dynamic ways (and somebody had to do something to stir up some conflict. It was much too calm in the IC).

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 08:31 PM
Umm...guys, it's okay. Gods are supposed to step on each others' toes and mess with each others' stuff in interesting and dynamic ways (and somebody had to do something to stir up some conflict. It was much too calm in the IC).

What are you saying? This is the INTERNET, and I'm RIGHT, I must prove it to be so, such that none will doubt my internet correctness!

Vadin
2009-01-05, 08:34 PM
What are you saying? This is the INTERNET, and I'm RIGHT, I must prove it to be so, such that none will doubt my internet correctness!

Oh, no...wait...page 55? The chance is approaching 1! It's only a matter of time until...curse you Godwin, CURSE YOU!

Sicarius
2009-01-05, 08:49 PM
Ahem, you're the one who's overreacting. Look how hot and bothered you're getting. Capitalization, shouting matches. The works. I haven't even used so much as a single capitalized word, not even so much as an exclamation point.

Here's the skinny. Cryala is annoyed that someone is making it hard to travel. But is more annoyed by the soul-eating. Soul trafficking doesn't bother her, why should it? If someone uses their soul as currency voluntarily, then go them. But slavery has always irked Cryala (and she's acted against it) since it deprives people of freedom, creativity, all the stuff that Cryala is known for. The soul-eating is even worse. Now, they never get the chance to do it, or even to be reborn and experience a new journey.

However, Cryala isn't about directly opposing people. So she made it so that the beholders that did the thing that pissed her off fall victim to their own power, an ironic and amusing end, in Cryala's mind.

There it is, in black and white, the full motivation for Cryala's action.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-05, 09:01 PM
Again, the inability of the internet to properly convey meaning works against me. I'm not yelling, I merely CAPITALIZE, to EMPHASIZE. I'm not yelling, I'm just EMPHASIZING, like someone might underline something or put it in bold, so people know that THIS IS IMPORTANT, more important as this, BUT NOT NECESSARILY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS.

Lerios doesn't like people messing with his ****

There is MY god's motivation in black and white.

Vadin
2009-01-05, 09:14 PM
A note to anyone not in the game reading this- we're still recruiting (as always)! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97449)

Fierywasabi231
2009-01-05, 10:17 PM
Very nice mister priest.

Ahem...

"Conflict makes the world go 'round..."

vegetalss4
2009-01-06, 02:30 AM
vegetalss4, you can undo the whole or lessen the whole, you can't undo just a part of something. I'll let it (and the AP you should have spent) slide this time, but let's not have it happen again.

OK. but why not? when something spans a large area could i then not remove it from just some of the area?
also i seem to have misunderstood a rule? you see your argument seems to say that i could have spend more points on the counter, than i did? i thought that was capped to

also on a completely unrelated note: which gods are currently in the world?

Vadin
2009-01-06, 03:19 PM
OK. but why not? when something spans a large area could i then not remove it from just some of the area?
also i seem to have misunderstood a rule? you see your argument seems to say that i could have spend more points on the counter, than i did? i thought that was capped to

also on a completely unrelated note: which gods are currently in the world?

When something is against an entire area, you can leave part of it still cursed, but you still have to pay to uncurse the entire thing if you want parts uncursed.

It's not just that you could have, it's that you should have. If I pay 2 AP for a pestilence, you have to pay 3 AP to stop it and restore it to the way it was before. You only paid 2 AP. But it can slide this time, no big deal.

Gods? Yen, Cryala, Luumu, Lerios, Ataraxis, Hyena Guy, Atheos, that one smart guy in blue, and that other guy (unless he dropped out).

Again: If you want to join, head on over to the Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97449) and write up a god concept! At this point, everything is pretty well balanced, so we'll be much more likely to consider gods of all alignments!

Fierywasabi231
2009-01-06, 07:29 PM
Btw, in a hunter society most of the food would probably come from those working at the 'camp' because they either harvest of gather fruits and vegetables from nearby bushes, trees, etc. Very rarely do hunter societies base their sustenance on hunting alone especially considering hunts are seldom successful or fruitful unless good weapons are introduced by which point they probably would have shifted to a more domesticated and agricultural lifestyle.

Sorry, just nitpicking.

vegetalss4
2009-01-07, 03:04 PM
thanks for clarifying. You see i thought that the max double rule also governed counters...

edit to avoid double post
yes Fiery you are most likely right... in a traditional society, however we are talking about a dragon society and, as we know, they mostly eat meat

HoundDog
2009-01-10, 04:34 PM
Sorry everyone for my failure to post recently: my net hasn't been brilliant of late.

Heliomance
2009-01-10, 04:36 PM
I'm still in, but can't do anything much until either the wolf does something or Herrak eats it.

Innis Cabal
2009-01-10, 04:41 PM
He seems to be out of the game, so do what ever you wish to him.

Heliomance
2009-01-10, 04:43 PM
Hmm.

Would I have to spend AP to make him my pet?

Innis Cabal
2009-01-10, 08:05 PM
Ya, that would be an avatar sorta thing

Heliomance
2009-01-19, 12:20 PM
So did this die, or what?

vegetalss4
2009-01-19, 01:07 PM
almost seems like it did, but i keep my hopes high:smallbiggrin:

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-01-21, 08:17 PM
The Hyena Lord has returned, now that he's tasted the blood of gods, he'll be itching for more. Consider him the guy who kills all the gods that don't respond for a long time. :smallamused:

And now we have another evil plane, a torturous, hot, plagued plane of misery and torture.

Llama231
2009-01-21, 08:33 PM
Is there going to be a third one of these?

Innis Cabal
2009-01-21, 08:34 PM
I had thought everyone had stopped posting :smalleek:

Its still open if there is interest

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-01-21, 09:12 PM
Perhaps a new or updated Recruitment thread is in order?

Who all has left?

vegetalss4
2009-01-22, 10:31 AM
I hope my "divine shield" are OK with you guy's. but if they aren't i will just change them to regular nourishes

oh, and Mike. I'm not sure it are alrigth that you have eaten the wolf god, considering Helio already transformed him into a spiecie of intelligent wolves

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-01-24, 12:25 AM
I hope my "divine shield" are OK with you guy's. but if they aren't i will just change them to regular nourishes

oh, and Mike. I'm not sure it are alrigth that you have eaten the wolf god, considering Helio already transformed him into a spiecie of intelligent wolves

But did helio ask if he could do that? I asked Innis if I could do that, and he said yes. Its on page 54, just so you can look it up and all. I don't wanna be a hassle or anything, just that I did ask him.

vegetalss4
2009-01-25, 01:05 PM
Yep he did. We thougth you where gone.

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-01-25, 04:12 PM
Ok, shucks. I don't give up on games normally, I was just waiting to see if he was gonna post, and I couldn't get to my computer alot.

Heliomance
2009-01-26, 07:02 AM
Yeah, Innis said I could pretty much do whatever to him.