PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation 2 (A World Building/RP Project)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 06:20 PM
What’s going on here? This is Lords of Creation in the Playground, a world building RP project intended to build a living breathing world from the ground up.

Now then, The Crunch

What you need to know-The Player

Creating a God
Name, Optional Epithet
Played By Player Name
(DR:Divine Rank) Classes
Symbol: Holy or Unholy Symbol
Home: Home Plane
Alignment: Alignment
Domains: Primary Domain, Alignment Domain
Portfolio: Portfolio Element
Favored Weapon: Weapon

Brief Description: A description of perhaps a couple of paragraphs. At least, cover your deity's goals/personality/motivation. Just give us an idea of who your deity is.

Explanation
Name: Something we can take seriously, please. An epithet is a decorative title (and optional, though most deities here have at least one) similar to Richard the Lionheart
Primary Domain: Ideally, chosen from the ‘Available’ list in the next post. You may also take a domain from the Taken or Claimed list, but you'll have to convince the player who owns that domain to give it up.
Alignment Domain: A domain from the Alignment list that matches your deity's alignment. If your deity is neutral on either axis, they may choose the Balance or Indifference domains.
Portfolio element: A (usually more specific) sphere of influence related to your primary domain. For instance, Thieves would be a portfolio element that goes with Trickery
Symbol: Your deity’s holy or unholy symbol
Alignment: The same as the regular D&D alignments.
Favored Weapon: Your deity’s weapon of choice. You can name it if you want, but you may want to save the name for an actual artifact weapon.
Divine Rank: Your godly power. Choose a number 0-6. DR0 deities are barely more than mortal (and not recommended for players.) DR 1-5 deities are able to walk the world; DR6 deities are unable to appear on the material plane without the use of an avatar.
Class levels: Any published base or prestige class levels equal to (16 + (2*DR)). You can take no more than 10 total levels in 'double dip' classes, that is, those like Mystic Theurge that count as two Divine Combat classes. You can distribute those double dip levels any way you choose between the two classes it counts as before a combat.

Gameplay
Every week of real time (Divided at 6 PST Thursday) is a month of subjective time for the gods, and 3-300 years to mortals (Narrative license. Mortal time moves slower relative to real time in times of war than in times of peace).

Each week, you gain AP according to the following table. You also start with that amount of AP as a new god.

{table]Caste|DR| AP/week|Max Evolutions|Max Domain Slots|Divine Actions to Raise DR

Hero-god|DR0|1|0|2|2
Demigod|DR1-5|2|1|4|3
Lesser God|DR6-10|3|2|5|4
Intermediate God|DR11-15|4|3|6|5
Greater God|DR16-20|6|4|8|7
Overgod|DR21+|10|4|8|9[/table]

Overgods are odd; they have ascended past worshipers. When they spend points, they do so to further another god’s goals, or make it look as though another god did something. Points roll over from week to week, to a maximum of 10 * your divine rank.

Play

Free actions
Cast Spell: You may cast any spell from your domains, and any spell from your class list as often as you like.
Planar Travel: It’s trivial for gods to travel between planes.
Control Followers: You can roleplay what the mortals and monsters in your flock do.
Claim Plane: Take ownership of an unclaimed plane. Note, The Material Plane, The Void and The Grey Void cannot be claimed.
Choose Home: Choose your home location. If your home location is a plane you own, you gain +1 to your CR while you are there. If your home is a location you spent AP on, or were invited to live in, you gain a {Home} ability.
Beget Player God: It's free to be the parent of a player god. Just roleplay making 'em. If it's PG-13.
Beget god-ish: Creates a DR0 entity that does not gain AP, and does not have a primary domain. Otherwise, functions as a god, and counts against your NPC god limit. You can upgrade them to a full god with the Beget God action.
Give AP: Transfers however many AP you wish to another god. If the AP is given for a specific action, you can share credit in that action for DR and domain purposes.
Create Herald: A herald serves as a messenger for your god to mortals or other gods. They may only carry one message for you at a time, after which they can only say what they know. A herald reforms at their god's side after being killed. Otherwise, they are equivalent to a monster or pc of CR (16+god's DR)

Godly Actions

1 Point Activities
Teach populous: Introduces a pre-existing concept to a populace, for instance, you could teach magic to the elves. However, knowledge tends to spread, and other groups will pick up on it quickly.
Nourish populous: Directly provides food, or other good conditions to a group for a limited amount of time.
Nourish land: Causes an area of land to be bountiful.
Mold land: Creates or alters a land feature. You could create mountains, forests, a swamp, or split off part of a continent. Not needed on a plane which is divinely morphic with respect to your deity.
Pestilence: Harms a group, with drought, famine, disease, or infestations. Counters or is countered by Nourish Populace
Create Subrace: Creates a subgroup of an existing race, with enough physical or cultural differences to merit a change in racial abilities.
Join Pantheon Joins a pantheon; pantheons are described under two-point actions.

2 points
Create populace: Creates a single player race, up to three related monsters(For instance, Griffons, Hippogryphs, and Lammasu), a group of very closely themed monsters (Chromatic Dragons, Elementals), or a whole category of "natural" animals (For instance, sea animals, domestic animals, birds)
Create land: Creates new land where there was none (in the middle of the ocean, in an empty plane). This is not necessary on a plane which is divinely morphic with respect to your deity
Guide populace: Vastly changes the beliefs or culture of your followers, declares war, or doubles the level limit for one of your mortal followers.
Create Organization: Creates a country, religious sect, or other major organization. Create Organization can also create a Prestige Class, along with the organization that goes with it.
Create portal: Creates a permanent connection between points on two planes. It can also be used to create Manifest Zones, as in Eberron.
Gain Domain: Adds a Domain to your list. You must have a related portfolio element, and have done three other divine actions relating to the desired domain. You must get the approval of a referee, as well. To advance to Intermediate deity status, you must have at least 3 domains. To advance to Greater, you must have at least 5. You can use any of the spells on your domain lists as an at-will SLA. Gaining a domain does not count towards gaining another domain
Gain Portfolio Element: This is required to gain domains, and helps to flavor your deity. Does not count as one of the three actions towards a domain.
Gain Level: It takes deities a lot of XP for a god to level up.
Aid an Ally: Allows you to come to the aid of another deity engaged in combat. Without this action, you can only add you {A} modifiers if you wish to help.
Lock/Unlock Plane: You stop entry or exit from a plane you control for any deities or mortals you choose. However, if the deity has 4 or more DR than you do, they can make a DR check each week to enter (1d20+their DR vs DC 11+your DR). If the plane is strongly aligned, this DC goes up by 2 for deities of the opposite alignment. So if a Lawful Good deity tried to get into a Chaotic or Evil plane locked by a DR 1 god, the DC for him would be 14 instead of 12. If the Plane was Chaotic Evil, the DC would be 16.
Create Pantheon: The god who uses this action becomes the first and ruling member of a new pantheon (He does not have special power over the other gods; but he does have admin rights to the pantheon). For every two members, a pantheon can have one purpose. The pantheon gains a special AP pool which can be spent to advance a purpose of the pantheon; the pool gains 1 ap a week for every two members of the pantheon.
Shift Land: Relocates a land feature to another plane, or elsewhere on the same plane.

3 point
Create Artifact: Creates a Battle or Utility Artifact. Battle artifacts add .5 to your CR (Combat Rating). This is discussed further in the Combat section Utility Artifacts can do almost anything else, but should be discussed before you create them, and may cost additional AP.
Create Avatar: Not available to DR0 deities. An avatar is essentially a second body for your deity. Avatars are functionally your DR-1, except on the material plane where they are limited to DR5 or less.
Create Plane: Brings a new plane into being. The creating deity chooses the characteristics of that plane, and is automatically the owner of it.
Evolve Physically: Permanently increases your weekly AP gain by 1. This is usable once per caste that your deity has obtained, and not more than once per week.
Gain Extra domain slot: Adds a slot for an extra domain. By default, Demigods have a maximum of 4 domains, Lesser Deities 5, Intermediate Deities 6, and Greater Deities 8. Your Alignment domain counts toward these limits.
Create concept: Creates a new idea that nobody has thought of before. You can create up to two closely-related base classes with this action (For instance, Wizard and Sorcerer, Scout and Ranger, Psion and Wilder).
Raise Divine Rank: Once you have done a certain number of godly actions (2 for Hero-Gods, 3 for Demigods, 4 for Lesser Gods, 5 for Intermediate Gods, 7 for Greter Gods and 9 for Overgods), an extra 3 point action is available:
Raise Divine Rank Increases your divine rank. You must then perform the number of divine actions listed above before this ability becomes available again. Raising your divine rank does not count towards your next increase in DR or towards a domain.

X AP Actions
Counter: A God can counter another's actions(Save for 3 AP actions). By spending the AP cost +1, a god can counter any action another god has taken.

Planes
When making a plane please use the information found in the SRD hypertext document for 3.5, found here http://www.d20srd.org/srd/planes.htm#planarTraits

Mortals and Godly Flocks
You can roleplay the mortals in your flock. However, the power levels are limited; in the first year, mortals cannot exceed level 9, in the second year, they cannot exceed level 18. In year three… just keep epic mortals to a minimum.

Posting

When posting, please add the following to your post, so we know which god/mortal etc is speaking, and his location, we call this The make Tsuuga A Happy Camper Rule

Osric and Coberal, The Godforge
"So, what do you want to do today?"
"I dunno, what do you want to do?"
Ad Nauseum.

RULES THAT ARE GOOD TO KNOW

1. You may spend no more then double the AP of a single Godly ability.
2. Gods must spend 1 AP to cast spells on the material plane. Demi-gods need only spend 1 AP a week to use this ability.
3. A god my only have a single utility artifact that lowers the cost of a single godly action. Example(A god creates a hammer that reduces the cost of an artifact by 1), like wise, a god can only have a single artifact that produces a free AP a week. No god may have both.
4. Free AP(Those from combat or from artifacts) do not count for Godly Actions for DR raise.
5. All gods gain a Second Wind, this is half your AP every Thursday at Roll Over.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 06:23 PM
Rest of the crunch.

As was done in the first game, the world is now freshly made by some passing over power. The domains up for grabs at the start are

Nature(Taken)
Air(Taken)
Fire(Taken)
Water(Taken)
Earth(Taken)
Entropy(Taken)
Creation(Taken)
Sun(Taken)
Moon(Taken)

The Planes that exist

The Material Plane-Where the game is played.
The Astral Plane-The Astral Plane is the all encompassing planer sea that allows the gods to interact with the mortal world
The Shadow of the Playground-The Plane of Shadows, it is a dark mirror to Playground
The Etheral Plane-A Cosmic morass of silver mist and strange phantom sounds
Limbo-Instead of the Elemental planes and the Positive and Neg energy planes, Limbo is more akin to how it is set up in the Planescape setting, a massive inner "Ring" that is made up of all the elements and the Neg and Positive Energy Plane, existing as seperate "seas" that meet and collide in violent storms and powers.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 06:26 PM
An example and my submission

Yen: The Fox King, The Grinning Lord
Played By Innis Cabal
DR 6: 13 Sword Sage/13 Sorcerer/2 Jade Phoenix Mage
Symbol: A Grinning Mouth, or a Fox Tail
Home: The Void
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Domains: Air, Evil
Portfolio: Elemental Air
Favored Weapon: Sword Whip

Brief Description: Yen was created in the first instants of the multi-verse, filling in all spaces that required to be filled. Yen values trickery and deception over fighting, and adores compliments and gifts from worshipers.

Aergoth
2008-11-19, 06:38 PM
Lyarin, The Ender
Played By Aergoth
(DR:5) Sorcerer 15, Entropomancer 12
Symbol: A Whirling multicoloured spiral
Home: Lyasis the Unending Infinity.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Domains: Entropy, Law
Portfolio: Destruction, Law, Shadowkin
Favored Weapon: Staff

Brief Description: Lyarin, the Ender is a god of Entropy. He appears as a member of the observer's race but exemplified, and with skin of swirling colours beyond counting. His eyes glow with untapped light. Lyarin does not wantonly destroy things as much as he takes care that things end in their time. Mortals, Worlds, yea even gods must eventually die, and the Ender hovers above all. Lyarin is also creator of the Shadowkin.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 06:44 PM
Looks fine to me

Entropy is now taken

Vadin
2008-11-19, 06:53 PM
Innis, best of luck with this one and I'll be happy to help if you need someone new to pop in later for...whatever reasons you might need that...but I'm afraid I won't be able to do two LoCs at once and I've already signed on to the 4e LoC:CoA.

Seriously though, if you need anybody to jump in at some point for anything, I'll totally pitch in as an NPC god or somesuch.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 06:53 PM
No prob ;D

Heliomance
2008-11-19, 06:58 PM
Rendirllyn, The Wild One, Himself
Played By Heliomance
(DR:5) Totemist 26
Symbol: White Hart's head
Home: Material
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Domains: Plant, Chaos
Portfolio: Wilderness
Favored Weapon: Spear
Combat: Divine Combat classes, Divine Combat Modifiers (Optional, feel free to get help on this; but please don't just leave me hanging indefinitely!)
Brief Description: A protector of nature. A guardian of the deepwoods. He stalks the forest, ensuring that it remains unspoilt. He hunts for the love of the chase, always chasing his friend and herald the White Hart. He is capricious, and can be kind or cruel as the mod takes him. Those who make their living from the wilderness, such as hunters, he favours, so long as they respect the bounty provided. Those who would exploit nature - who cut down trees to build farms and so forth - had best be wary, lest they find fences broken and livestock or crops gone.

Vadin
2008-11-19, 07:18 PM
You only get one portfolio element, Helio. I might suggest keeping the Wilderness element to fit with his overall 'Highly Agressive Woodsy' Theme.

Heliomance
2008-11-19, 07:28 PM
Modded. Thanks for the heads-up.

Question: How important are the class levels in this? I'm guessing by the fact that you don't ask for a complete build that they don't have anywhere near the same impact that they do in standard D&D.

Aergoth
2008-11-19, 07:42 PM
Right so, for keeps the plane of Lyasis, the Unending Infinity and it's properties

Gravity: Subjective Directional Gravity
Time: Timeless
Shape and Size: Infinite
Highly Morphic
Not Aligned (Elemental)
Strongly Lawfully Aligned
Wild Magic

Lyasis is an endless plain of disposed of mater. All things that are unmade end up in Lyasis. Lyarin will eventually turn of the matter sent here back into the world-stuff of which all things are made and return it to the God-Forge for use.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-11-19, 07:44 PM
As opposed to what Vadin said, I can do to LoC's at once.

Tonzuk. Will do write-up later. He's the god of Sonic though. His name is the German and Russian words, roughly, for 'sound' put together.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 08:04 PM
I will add sonic as the fifth element, I was waiting to see if you were in or out.

As to class levels, I am working on the Combat of this. So....make sure you have the right levels.

Also, Aergoth, that plane looks fine but you have to make it when the game starts. It does not exist yet. Just so you know

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 08:07 PM
I will add sonic as the fifth element, I was waiting to see if you were in or out.

As to class levels, I am working on the Combat of this. So....make sure you have the right levels.

Also, Aergoth, that plane looks fine but you have to make it when the game starts. It does not exist yet. Just so you know

I'll probably make a guy too, like Gwyn I can play two LoC's at once. Are we restricted to the elements for the beginning?

Draken
2008-11-19, 08:20 PM
Also opposed to Vadin, I can keep track of two LoCs without much problem.

(Besides, I can, in fact, properly homebrew in this one. Not so much for the 4th edition one, there I will just roleplay, and perhaps introduce things after asking OTHER people to homebrew it)

Anyway. Innis. I think it is a good idea to enlarge the list of starting domains, and also increasing the basic size of the already-created world.

I suggest adding:

Elemental planes
Energy Planes
Ethereal Plane

Also change "The Void" back to Astral or something of the like. Or it will be just too similar to the other LoC.

-----

Anyway, I will take on the Water domain, and write a deity later. Or if you feel like following my determinations my friend, I will take the Vermin domain.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 08:24 PM
Probably wise....will do.

As for the vermin domain...if you want to stay with that, thats fine. Same with other domains not on the starting list though, have to wait. Keeping it at the very least in the style of the first. For cohesion's sake.

And yes, as the last one, if its on the list, you start play, if not, probably week 1. If thats ok with those of you who want something other then whats on the list.

Vadin
2008-11-19, 08:33 PM
*sigh*

OK, I'll play a god. :smalltongue:

I'll post up my sun god in a little while.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 08:34 PM
*sigh*

OK, I'll play a god. :smalltongue:

I'll post up my sun god in a little while.

Aww man I was gunna do a sun god :smallfrown:

I guess I'll have to settle for moon...

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 08:36 PM
Would it also be acceptable as Alch did to give all starting gods a small boost in AP so as to let more players come in quicker?

As Tia said,
More Points!

Also, updated the Planes.

Instead of the Energy and Elemental planes(As the gods of those should be free to make them as want) there is Limbo, a massive ever expansive sea of energy and elements forever colliding and mixing. This also allows us to have the Para and Quasi Elements of Planescape, as some of us were discussing several weeks past.

How I missed them.

Where seas of opposing elements meet are awful places where nothing living or dead can exist, they are literal breakers of oblivion.

Para-Elemental Seas are produced where the Elemental Planes come into contact with each other

Smoke (Air and Fire)
Ice (Air and Water)
Ooze (Earth and Water)
Magma (Fire and Earth)

Quasi-Elemental Seas are produced where the Elemental Planes touch the Energy Seas

Positive Energy Seas and theSeas of Air, Earth, Fire, and Water are

Lightning
Minerals
Radiance
Steam

Negative Energy Seas and Elemental Seas

Vacuum
Dust
Ash
Salt

Vadin
2008-11-19, 09:00 PM
Luumu, the Furious Gazer
Played By Vadin
(DR:6) Warlock 32
Symbol: A sun set inside a simple eye
Home: The sun
Domains: Sun, Evil
Portfolio: Intensity
Favored Weapon: Mace

Brief Description: Luumu is the intense noonday sun that cares little for your petty concerns. He will cause your life to evaporate before his dreadful gaze, and his scrutiny shall be as the wrath of a thousand nations. He enjoys picking on one nation above all others, a parallel to most gods' favored peoples. To those not incurring his undeserved wrath, Luumu is actually a fairly acceptable deity, rarely giving either favors or punishments.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 09:01 PM
Name: Lerios the Shadows Eye, The Watcher in the Night
Played By: Lord_Asmodeus
DR: 5, Shadowcaster 10/ Lurk 10/ Sorcerer 6
Symbol:A Luminous eye like a moon on a starry field of black, the eye can be any color (the normally white part) and there can be more than one eye
Home: The Astral(or the Moon)
Domains: Moon, Evil
Portfolio: Secrets
Favored Weapon: Rapier
Description: Lerios is a god of unfathomable secrets and watchfulness. His goal is to know all the secrets of the world, and to see all. He seeks to see all and know all. He feels that with the proper knowledge anything can be accomplished. He would see the suns light snuffed and diminished, reduced to little more than a moon that Lerios might rule over it, and have the world rely on him and his moons for light though this is not his primary concern, it is one of his long-term goals. He is fond of shadows and darkness, and prefers the soft lights of the moons to the blazing and blinding light of the sun. He is a god of subtlety and patience, and is unfond of the brutal and direct light of the sun.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 09:01 PM
Your in. Amazing as always Vadin. You to L.A

And what do you think of the above of my last post? Roll like Alch did when the game started for starting points?

Vadin
2008-11-19, 09:03 PM
LA, how did we both come up with Neutral Evil eye-oriented gods relating to celestial bodies?

And Innis, I think it couldn't really hurt that much.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 09:04 PM
LA, how did we both come up with Neutral Evil eye-oriented gods relating to celestial bodies?

Great Minds and all that :smallbiggrin:

Say, lets be brothers!

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 09:04 PM
I think its awsome.

And alright. I will roll up and tell everyone before Week 0 starts.

Edit: The Elemental Gods, and..well...if you both agree the heavenly bodies, will be family.

Draken
2008-11-19, 09:07 PM
Well, going with water then.

Oceano
Played By Draken
DR 6: Wizard 10/Frost Mage 10/Stormcaster 10
Symbol: A maelstrom
Home: Limbo
Alignment: True Neutral
Domains: Water, Indiference
Portfolio: Waters
Favored Weapon: Harpoon

Oceano rules the waters, Oceano is the seas, the lakes, the rains, all life came from Oceano, all life depends on Oceano. Oceano's domain is the greatest of all, and while the other deities squabble over what few patches of dry land there are, Oceano rules all of the waters of the multiverse.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 09:13 PM
Ok your in Draken, a non-evil Draken God.

Got an 18. All Week 0 Gods will get 18 instead of their starting AP.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 09:18 PM
A Water god eh? Perhaps Oceano and Lerios can come to an agreement on the matter of tides... :smallwink:

Draken
2008-11-19, 09:23 PM
A Water god eh? Perhaps Oceano and Lerios can come to an agreement on the matter of tides... :smallwink:

Or oceano can harpoon you in the face for your INSOLENCE because you are just an INSOLENT demigod.

Be ready to hear a lot of INSOLENCE! From Oceano. Might be followed by tsunamis.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 09:25 PM
Or oceano can harpoon you in the face for your INSOLENCE because you are just an INSOLENT demigod.

Be ready to hear a lot of INSOLENCE! From Oceano. Might be followed by tsunamis.

I live in the moon, I'm not particularly worried :smalltongue:

And fine, be that way, let your waters grow still and torpid, unchanging and as dead as the rotten bloated corpse you send into the seas, see what Lerios cares! But remember, as ever, the Eye is watching!

Also, since we have 18 AP I might just jack his DR up to 6 and plan on making an avvie later on.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 09:30 PM
Added some rules to the first post to avoid some of the more crazy things from last time. Hopefully they are worded ok.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 09:34 PM
So wait, gods can't cast magic on the material plane? Even Demi-gods? That doesn't make much sense to me...

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 09:37 PM
Its how it was in the start of 1. Then it somehow got overwritten and we wound up with suicide angels and devils and all sorts of crazy.

Demi-gods can spend an AP to do it for the whole week. Not divien week, a 7 day week. Thats actually pretty powerful in things like war and such.

As for gods above Demi, their presence can't even happen on the Material. This is why gods have clerics and priests.

People said they wanted more focus on the Flock aspect, its to help facilitate that.

kopout
2008-11-19, 09:41 PM
Will this be continually recruiting or do I have to get in on the ground floor? because if It is continually recruiting I will probably what for the first one to die be fore coming because their is another splinter group and although I can (probable ) handle two LoC at the same time I cant do three.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 09:42 PM
Yes, it is just like the last game.

kopout
2008-11-19, 09:50 PM
Yes, it is just like the last game.

Thank you, now I have to go roll a d2 and see which to go for.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 09:53 PM

Great Minds and all that :smallbiggrin:

Say, lets be brothers!

So how about it Vadin? :smallbiggrin:

Vadin
2008-11-19, 10:00 PM
YES. Two brothers who don't like each other, but you know what they say:

Me and my brother against my cousin, me and my cousin against the world.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 10:04 PM
YES. Two brothers who don't like each other, but you know what they say:

Me and my brother against my cousin, me and my cousin against the world.

I've never actually heard that, but it's good. I'm thinking they could have a love-hate relationship, where sometimes they work together for a common goal, but other times they work against one another as bitter enemies.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 10:06 PM
Pretty sure he made it up there L.A

And do the other rules look good other then the one L.A rose a question about?

Also, should hopefully have a map soon.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 10:10 PM
Pretty sure he made it up there L.A

And do the other rules look good other then the one L.A rose a question about?

Also, should hopefully have a map soon.

So is there a set one moon and a set one sun. I was hoping to create more than one moon, but making it a mystery as to how many moons there actually are by having them hide behind eachother and turn their "dark faces" to the world...

Edit: Actually I looked it up, it's an old Arab proverb.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 10:16 PM
At the moment, yes, one sun, one moon, two large land mass's, the sun and moon are your and Vadins thing so you decide how things rotate in the cosmic sense.

And ah, gotta love proverbs.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-19, 10:17 PM
At the moment, yes, one sun, one moon, two large land mass's, the sun and moon are your and Vadins thing so you decide how things rotate in the cosmic sense.

And ah, gotta love proverbs.

So am I allowed to make more moons (I might make the one moon change color, and create illusions of the moon, or break the moon and make it into multiple moons, or any number of such things...)

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 10:18 PM
Yes...you are.

Moose Fisher
2008-11-19, 10:32 PM
Woah woah woah!

When was it decided to end the other thread?

Coberal isn't going to sit down forever working on her Mandate, and there were still some loose threads to tie. If LoCitP 1 is ending, then we need a better wrap up then just letting it fade to black!

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 10:34 PM
It seemed that way from the talk in the recruitment thread. So I started up this thread. It was pretty much winding down, and as much as it pains me, it felt like it was dying.

Vadin
2008-11-19, 10:39 PM
Coberal's Mandate would actually be a pretty good place to end it, too. It would also still give Gliss a sufficient ending that gets him off the material plane.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 10:41 PM
I agree actually.

And, just so everyone is aware.

This is a complete seperate LoC, no connections to other multi-verse's to avoid Varr crazyness.

Also Helio, sorry I didn't catch this earlier, Plant is not currently on the list, if you still want it you'll have to wait for week one. Nature is on the list though.

Draken
2008-11-19, 10:45 PM
I am afraid the weekly AP thing is just too much of a cooldown. We are left a long, long time with absolutely nothing to do.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 10:47 PM
I am afraid the weekly AP thing is just too much of a cooldown. We are left a long, long time with absolutely nothing to do.

Meaning...get rid of AP Roll over? Or for the starting AP for week 0?

If the former, everyone said they wanted more focus on the mortal flocks...so that would possibly help that. Also, we never dropped below page 1 untill recently.

Draken
2008-11-19, 11:00 PM
I am saying there should be rollover twice a week at least.

Let me see...

Monday: Full AP gain.
Thursday: Half AP gain.

This would make sure we aren't left The entire week without doing anything. While not making everything too fast.

Also. I think I will endorse Rizban's suggestion of getting rid of secondary deities. One for everyone, no AP batteries of doom.

---------

And while the mortal followers are cool and all, there is only so much we can do with them before... *cof*battleatthedeadreef*cof*

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 11:04 PM
Both are fine idea's honestly. It wouldn't be to insane to get half of 3 every week.

And ya...one god per player. There is always the retire option if you feel your god has reached its limits.

The Roll over has been added to the additional rules.

Heliomance
2008-11-19, 11:17 PM
How much difference is there between Nature and Plant? What I was vaguely planning is taking Plant, then doing Beget God at the earliest opportunity to gain a consort who would take the Animal domain. Lord and Lady of the forest.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-19, 11:18 PM
We've limited it down to 1 god per player. Sorry.

And nature and plant are...rather different. One could be "The Hunt" or..."Predators" while Plant would be..Tree's....and the like.

Draken
2008-11-20, 12:07 AM
Make the lady of the forest your Avatar, simple like that. That's what Shmee did. Kind of. Except there was no implied... Uh. I will stop now.

Moose Fisher
2008-11-20, 12:59 AM
((woot, multiple postings because there are multiple topics and I have no idea which one is the official OOC:smallredface:))

Finished Coberal's ending post, since it seems the old LoC is shutting down.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=268

I know I didn't cover everybody... Maybe the players of the gods not mentioned can write a line for me to place in?

Heliomance
2008-11-20, 02:15 AM
We've limited it down to 1 god per player. Sorry.

And nature and plant are...rather different. One could be "The Hunt" or..."Predators" while Plant would be..Tree's....and the like.

In that case, I will indeed pick Nature. Sounds closer to what I was aiming for anyway.

Athaniar
2008-11-20, 03:16 AM
Shouldn't this be in Play by Post?

vegetalss4
2008-11-20, 06:22 AM
Ishtara'kaxzárr (Ishtar) the starlord ,wielder of the Divine Flame,
Vegetalss4
(DR:7) Classes: sorcerer 9, favored soul 9, mystic theuge 10
Symbol: a seven pointed star
Home: The Divine Flame
Alignment: Lawfull Good
Domains: Fire, Good, Dragons
Portfolio: The Divine Flame, Dragons
Favored Weapon: The Divine Flame (breath weapon)

Ishtara'kaxzárr came into being seperately from the other gods, at the time of creation at the point were the seas of fire and raidance mixed, his form is that of a enormus dragon with scales that shines like the stars. he values honor, valor and mercy, and encourages his worshippers to exemply those ideals, if possible.

i figured that a dragon wouldn't have class levels, but if you want i can change that.
on a completely differen't note, when do we start

Innis Cabal
2008-11-20, 06:45 AM
In that case, I will indeed pick Nature. Sounds closer to what I was aiming for anyway.

Alright. Its marked off

Heliomance
2008-11-20, 07:09 AM
Ishtara'kaxzárr (Ishtar) the starlord ,wielder of the Divine Flame,
Vegetalss4
(DR:6) Classes: true dragon 28
Symbol: a seven pointed star
Alignment: Lawfull Good
Domains: Fire, Good
Portfolio: The Divine Flame
Favored Weapon: The Divine Flame (breath weapon)

Ishtara'kaxzárr came into being seperately from the other gods, at the time of creation at the point were the seas of fire and raidance mixed, his form is that of a enormus dragon with scales that shines like the stars. he values honor, valor and mercy, and encourages his worshippers to exemply those ideals, if possible.

i figured that a dragon wouldn't have class levels, but if you want i can change that.
on a completely differen't note, when do we start

Go for Dragon Ascendant, from the Draconomicon.

Aergoth
2008-11-20, 11:20 AM
Actually, you know a giant floating fortress in the middle of an infinite plan of unmade mater would be useful. Bunch of portals. Might want to make it divinely morphic.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-20, 01:24 PM
Most planes are able to be able to morph by their god, its a good idea really...

Vegetal your in, but you need class levels.

Aergoth
2008-11-20, 03:08 PM
Well a highly morphic plane could be shaped accidentally be a single will, a thought even. We don't want wandering planar sheep to suddenly turn an entire plane to grass, or a lost fire elemental to recreate it's home plane out of cutting room floor matter.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-20, 03:11 PM
That would be good for a chaotic plane. Limbo is like that sort of. When the game starts up(When all domains get filled) i'll get the homebrew thread up.

vegetalss4
2008-11-21, 05:55 AM
fair enough i have edited class levels in

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 06:50 AM
Alrighty just two more slots and we'll be up and running

akira72703
2008-11-21, 01:22 PM
I have never done anything like this, it looks fun and I would like to submit my god. If it is closed or what I am viewing is not possible yet, let me know, and I will save him for a later time.

Kel' Drinnith, the Hidden Lurker, It which Dwells Within, the Omnimind
DR 6 Classes: Psion (Telepath) Level 30
Symbol: A field of black with a scorpion in red in the center
Home: The Astral Plane
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Domains: Darkness(absence of light not shadow), Silence (Sonic), Cold
Portfolio: Domination
Favored Weapon:the Knife

Kel' Drinnith was not created as most gods; it is a collective. It is the combined mental energy of a race of advanced beings, the Drinniths, who gave up their flesh and merged their minds in a planet wide psionic convergence to flee an overwhelming enemy. They often appear as a vaguely humanoid shadowy figure with green motes of light circling them in a madly regular pattern.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 02:38 PM
I have never done anything like this, it looks fun and I would like to submit my god. If it is closed or what I am viewing is not possible yet, let me know, and I will save him for a later time.

Kel' Drinnith, the Hidden Lurker, It which Dwells Within, the Omnimind
DR 6 Classes: Psion (Telepath) Level 30
Symbol: A field of black with a scorpion in red in the center
Domains: Darkness(absence of light not shadow), Silence (Sonic), Cold
Portfolio: Domination
Favored Weapon:the Knife

Kel' Drinnith was not created as most gods; it is a collective. It is the combined mental energy of a race of advanced beings, the Drinniths, who gave up their flesh and merged their minds in a planet wide psionic convergence to flee an overwhelming enemy. They often appear as a vaguely humanoid shadowy figure with green motes of light circling them in a madly regular pattern.

Couple things.

1. DR 6 gods are 28 levels.
2. You may only have 1 domain starting. Also, as written those(Save Cold) are more like Portfolios
3. Domination isn't really viable as there is...nothing to dominate, darkness is...but its not part of the starting list.
4. Interesting backstory....but no races exist at the moment.

Its well written, look at the rules on the front page, or how other people have theirs written to get an idea of how the rules work

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 03:12 PM
Vadin, maybe our gods should be Beholder Gods :smallbiggrin:

Vadin
2008-11-21, 03:27 PM
You know, I was actually thinking about those. They're really cool, underused as anything other than ROARMONSTERS, fit the eye motif, and are very, very evil. As it stands, though, they just don't have enough material behind them.

...which means, of course, we'll have to fix that. I'm thinking that Luumu strays too long in setting one day, and yours rushes into the sky too quickly, as both wish to keep dominance over the sky, and the beholders spawn from endless eye gazing into endless eye. Thenceforth we both agree not to let our arrogance cause such an accident again, so I create the stars to show my glory in the night sky, and you create...well, I don't know. Maybe a few moons to circle the sun?

So, with the beholders created, we decide that such beings of powerful vision, the children of sun and moon, the two most important gods, should hold a dominant place in the world. Here enters Guide Populace: Illithid style culture of take slaves from every race ever and live in huge creepy stone cities. Instead of underground, though, the beholders would be out in the desert, where no trees or clouds block them from our sight. Also, they should be a player race with no more than +1 LA and no racial HD. Not all beholders, of course, as they should be in a caste system sort of thing, but of all the different varieties, at least one or two should be PC races.

...or, you know, whatever...

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 03:36 PM
You know, I was actually thinking about those. They're really cool, underused as anything other than ROARMONSTERS, fit the eye motif, and are very, very evil. As it stands, though, they just don't have enough material behind them.

...which means, of course, we'll have to fix that. I'm thinking that Luumu strays too long in setting one day, and yours rushes into the sky too quickly, as both wish to keep dominance over the sky, and the beholders spawn from endless eye gazing into endless eye. Thenceforth we both agree not to let our arrogance cause such an accident again, so I create the stars to show my glory in the night sky, and you create...well, I don't know. Maybe a few moons to circle the sun?

So, with the beholders created, we decide that such beings of powerful vision, the children of sun and moon, the two most important gods, should hold a dominant place in the world. Here enters Guide Populace: Illithid style culture of take slaves from every race ever and live in huge creepy stone cities. Instead of underground, though, the beholders would be out in the desert, where no trees or clouds block them from our sight. Also, they should be a player race with no more than +1 LA and no racial HD. Not all beholders, of course, as they should be in a caste system sort of thing, but of all the different varieties, at least one or two should be PC races.

...or, you know, whatever...

That's actually a cool idea. Perhaps their could be three main races, original beholders, Beholders of the Sun, and Beholders of the Moon, normal beholders would be like they are, and Beholders of the Sun would focus on powerful blasts with their eyes and dominating lessers, while Beholders of the Moon would be better casters and could see through pretty much anything, they would still have eye lazerz, but they would specialize in... specializing, and would be more subtle, more manipulating and doing illusory things and such.

Also I was thinking about our actual GODS themselves when I said that :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 03:36 PM
Thats epic.

Also, for a +1 race....levitation would make it a pretty strong +1 right off the bat.

Aergoth
2008-11-21, 03:48 PM
Not if they don't have legs. Remember, beholders lack limbs and any kind of physical appendage.

Vadin
2008-11-21, 03:48 PM
OK, maybe PC beholders would be +2 or something. We'll work that out later.

And...wait, what? Beholder GODS? :smalltongue:

Yeah, I knew what you meant, but an actual beholder civilization to torment the other races is just so cool.

On the normal/sun/moon version, I was actually proposing that we both also send 'ambassadors' to each other's respective skies (the sun would send stars (lots of little suns), and the moon would send whatever you decide) so that beholders would be equally the children of both, eternally watched over by the two and never overly dominated by one or the other. Sun/moon versions might work for, like, some outsiders to dwell beyond the mortal world. What celestials are to good guys, these sun/moon guys could be to normal beholders. The same, only semidivine and waaay more powerful.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 03:51 PM
Ya.

And L.A I was thinking about taking up illusions, going for a more roguey god then last time, if you wanna chat :smallwink:

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 03:55 PM
OK, maybe PC beholders would be +2 or something. We'll work that out later.

And...wait, what? Beholder GODS? :smalltongue:

Yeah, I knew what you meant, but an actual beholder civilization to torment the other races is just so cool.

On the normal/sun/moon version, I was actually proposing that we both also send 'ambassadors' to each other's respective skies (the sun would send stars (lots of little suns), and the moon would send whatever you decide) so that beholders would be equally the children of both, eternally watched over by the two and never overly dominated by one or the other. Sun/moon versions might work for, like, some outsiders to dwell beyond the mortal world. What celestials are to good guys, these sun/moon guys could be to normal beholders. The same, only semidivine and waaay more powerful.

Yea, the last game seemed to sorely lack Aberration gods :smallfrown:

Also, I was thinking of having the moon be like this:

http://lineage.pmfun.com/data/7signs/duskmoon.jpg

or like this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/4e/dr366_warlocks.jpg

And maybe hiding it with godly illusions, but making it so oracles and men who's minds are "touched" could see their true forms, heh, that'd give em a scare :smallbiggrin:

And perhaps we should Innis... :smallamused::smalltongue:

Edit: Maybe I should change Sorcerer to Illusionist...

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 04:06 PM
You are being watched.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-21, 04:18 PM
Tlem the Navigator
Played By Emperor Demonking
(DR:2) Wizard 20
Symbol: A bird's eye view of a circular maze
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Domains: Earth, Law
Portfolio: Mazes and tunnels
Favored Weapon: Hammer

Brief Description: Tlem is the god of earth. He appears to be a small gnome though with kobold features. He is also more dwarf like that the average gnome. He constantly carries a large hammer with him at all times.

Tlem believes that people should use the earth to travel and dislikes the sea for that reason. He is a firm lover of being surrounded by earth and dislikes the sun. Tlem believes that creatures should show themselves worthy by managing to go through mazes or using that skill in other situations.

akira72703
2008-11-21, 05:41 PM
Name: Kel' Drinnith, The First Thought, Life Tyrant, the Overmind
Played By: akira72703
Symbol: An emerald blazing with energy on a field of black.
Domain: Creation, Law
Portfolio: Psionics
Favored Weapon: Mind Blade
Class/Levels: Psion (Telepathy) 17/Warblade 9/ Soul Blade 2

Before the first words of creation were spoke, there was thought, but that thought was divided as to how creation should proceed. One thought was that creation should have freedom to grow as it sees fit and the other thought was that creation needed structure and direction. As with all extreme dualities, they could not coexist and eventually they fought. When the dust settled, the inhuman coldly logic side had prevailed and it called itself Kel' Drinnith. Kel' Drinnith appears as a vaguely humanoid being of shadowy mien with motes of green energy circling him in a maddeningly regular pattern.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 05:50 PM
Creation was taken, I just haven't gotten to post it, he'll post it tommorow or late tonight, he and I chatted about it earlier today, haven't gotten the site able to post. Sorry about that.

Emp. Dem, your in to.

Game should be up tommorow night.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 06:08 PM
Lol, I was re-reading the Star Pact warlock PDF, and I saw this: “Oh, you’re quite the jester! I think I would have noticed if a great eye opened in the moon and blinked when I performed the ritual!” :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 06:09 PM
Nice.

We can actually start when I get Gwyn's write up and Subermans

Suberman
2008-11-21, 06:23 PM
Name, Optional Epithet: Ataraxis, He Who Judges That Which Exists
Played By Player Name: Suberman
(DR: 6) Cleric 20/ Thaumaturgist 8
Symbol: An oblong sphere, wrapped in silk, on a dais
Home: Astral Plane
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Domains: Creation, Law
Portfolio: Innovation/Ingenuity
Favored Weapon: Parallel Evolution (Dwarven Urgosh)

Brief Description:
Ataraxis is squat and short of stature. He came into existence after his Father, his Creator, brought his siblings of the elements to life. The Creator was so anxious, so excited, to see what his children would do with their new found playground. So stirred and overwhelming was his curiosity and excitement, that a new child was brought forth. The very act of creating this new god alleviated the anxiety that taxed the Creator’s soul to such an extent, that the creator named him “Ataraxis”; peace of mind.
As it turned out, the name was a bit of a misnomer, for Ataraxis was anything but peaceful. His creativity and thirst for knowledge was restless and knew no bounds, and his dissatisfaction increased astronomically. He vowed that he would continue to create things, and keep himself so busy that he would not have time to feel dissatisfied with his designs.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 06:24 PM
Yay.

So, I was thinking, Vadin, if we're going to be eye-based siblings that are the gods of the celestial bodies, we should look similar right? Do you think we should START OUT looking somewhat like Beholders or something like that, or look like something else and make beholders?

Moose Fisher
2008-11-21, 07:28 PM
So... The old LoC has been officially abandoned, even though there were a few weeks left?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 07:29 PM
Seems like it.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 07:36 PM
I'm really excited for this game!

And the moon shall rise, it's milky eyes open wide, to gaze into the future of the Playground. Those seers lucky or talented enough shall heed this glimpse into the future... or be blinded by madness as they look instead into the far realms of the void... where naught but insanity and foul star-gods lie...

kopout
2008-11-21, 08:22 PM
opps wrong message:smallredface: you get the expression of interest .

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-11-21, 08:57 PM
I'm going to end up dropping out of this one. Sorry all!

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 08:58 PM

NOO, WHY GOD!!... err. CHRISTIAN GOD!:smalltongue:

/cuts self :smallfrown:

Edit: Not to sound Callous, but Innis, does that mean we can start now?

kopout
2008-11-21, 08:59 PM

Oh no.:smalleek: Why?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 09:13 PM
Oh well, then we can start when ever then I guess.

Aergoth
2008-11-21, 09:16 PM
Put it up then!

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 09:16 PM
Now seems like an ok time. I'll probably wait until Vadin is back online and we can plan a little more before posting my first post though...

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 09:22 PM
Ok, i'm going to cook and it will be up tonight then.

Post when you can :smallwink:

Its up

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5335876#post5335876

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 09:47 PM
Hate to double post.

Everyone has 18 AP to do what ever they wish in the world. Monday's will be roll over at 9PM EST(Save for the upcomming monday, as today is "Roll over")

Thursdays at 9 PM EST will be secondary roll over, where you will get half your weekly AP Gain.

Enjoy :D

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 09:58 PM
So did you make the Sun and Moon, or will Vadin and my god create them with their divine birth pangs/our creation wills them into existence?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-21, 10:01 PM
You guys can RP make them, no need to spend AP on them as they are your domain.

Just wanted you guys to have free control and all that

Vadin
2008-11-22, 12:23 AM
Luumu is in and has created some desert scrub land and normal animals that live there but come out during the day or at least glow at night.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 12:39 AM
There are two other land mass's made by the Grand Creator as well, one is roughly asia sized, the other is slightly large, more europe and asia sized. Both are barren and lifeless.

homebrew section is also up.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5336851#post5336851

Draken
2008-11-22, 01:18 AM
And so, Oceano made life. LIFE!

Now excuse me while I beat Vadin with a stick for making life before me. Because all life is supposed to come from the sea.

*beats Vadin with a stick*

Vadin
2008-11-22, 01:46 AM
:smalltongue:

Luumu cares little for what is supposed to be. Basic land animals in this setting have access to incarnum and can make themselves glow. THAT is normal now.

vegetalss4
2008-11-22, 06:31 AM

i wanted to create the stars:smallfrown:
oh well im gonna do so anyway:smalltongue: but it is still cool for the beholders to come this way

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 10:13 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/InnisCabal-1.jpg

Thanks to Zeta Kai, who is an amazing map maker.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-22, 10:17 AM
Is giving kobolds traps, 1 point or 3 points?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 10:18 AM
3 points, that would be a Create Concept

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 10:40 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/InnisCabal-1.jpg

Thanks to Zeta Kai, who is an amazing map maker.

Indeed so. Is the land that Vadin made/turned into a desert there? Also, is that like a sideways of the whole world (like is that practically two Pangaea?)

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 10:43 AM
Its just a small area of the world, its just a zoom on the equator.

And no, I requested the map made before Vadin made his desert, so its not on the map. When all the lands are made i'll try to get a world map made.

And there we go, Yen has made his mark.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 11:36 AM
@Draken: Look at it this way, Incarnum is blue, so it's sea-like. They will always have that attachment.

What was the program used by the way. I can't seem to figure it out, but it looks t3h 4w350m3!

Vadin
2008-11-22, 12:06 PM
@Draken: Look at it this way, Incarnum is blue, so it's sea-like. They will always have that attachment.

Actually...incarnum is gold. Luumu has also decided to have no mortal followers until he makes beholders. Mortals are only good for taking things from. Things like souls. Also, dibs on undead.

Demonking, I already created basic animals. If you want a whole bunch of specific animals to be noted as created, specify them. For example, it could be Subterranean Animals.

LA: So...the scrublands are usually silent at night, but what animals are out shed light. The forests, on the other hand, are usually quiet during the day and busy at night...I likes it!

Zeta Kai
2008-11-22, 12:35 PM
What was the program used by the way. I can't seem to figure it out, but it looks t3h 4w350m3!

Thank you, I'm glad that you like it. I use Photoshop CS3 & Illustrator CS3.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 12:42 PM
Actually...incarnum is gold. Luumu has also decided to have no mortal followers until he makes beholders. Mortals are only good for taking things from. Things like souls. Also, dibs on undead.

Demonking, I already created basic animals. If you want a whole bunch of specific animals to be noted as created, specify them. For example, it could be Subterranean Animals.

LA: So...the scrublands are usually silent at night, but what animals are out shed light. The forests, on the other hand, are usually quiet during the day and busy at night...I likes it!

Quite so. Also, maybe we could split the Incarnum thing? (like, you make totemists, and I make Incarnates)

Edit: Or instead I make it so that the Incarnum colors depend on whether it's night or day (at night Incarnum would be Pale Night, Brilliant Star, Moons Glow, and Dark Void, light blue, white, a darker blue, and black respectively)

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 01:42 PM
So we're making the world like... Incarnum primary instead of magic primary?

Also, the monday rollover is monday as in monday ze 24th?

Hmm. I know! I'm making shadows! Shadows are going to be a primary race!

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 01:43 PM
So we're making the world like... Incarnum primary instead of magic primary?

Also, the monday rollover is monday as in monday ze 24th?

Hmm. I know! I'm making shadows! Shadows are going to be a primary race!

Maybe, it depends, if other gods work to make normal magic the primary and we don't oppose it then no, but Incarnum will be the FIRST kind of magic anyway.

And Lerios is fond of Shadows or something like that (He'll likely gain the Darkness domain at some point, or Shadows)

Vadin
2008-11-22, 01:57 PM
That's really cool, actually. Incarnum is the soulstuff of the celestial bodies, and using it puts you in a bargain with them. If you die, one of them gets your soul, depending on what time of day it is. It also changes to reflect which one is currently granting you power. Awesomeness.

And the bard and truenamer (truesong, apparently...don't know what it means, but meh) were actually there before the totemist (but not before the first soulmeld!)

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 02:18 PM
That's really cool, actually. Incarnum is the soulstuff of the celestial bodies, and using it puts you in a bargain with them. If you die, one of them gets your soul, depending on what time of day it is. It also changes to reflect which one is currently granting you power. Awesomeness.

And the bard and truenamer (truesong, apparently...don't know what it means, but meh) were actually there before the totemist (but not before the first soulmeld!)

I think I see a possible future connection with Warlocks and Binders drawing power from the celestial bodies...

vegetalss4
2008-11-22, 02:23 PM

truesong is just a flavor way of conecting bardsong and truenaming. basicly the launguge of truenaming is not meant to be spoken, but to be sung, however mortal tounges (and also most imortal tounges) simply can't do that, however migth use a prestige class that allows that.

also if any new players want to, be part of a divine family just pm me, and i will make Ishtar create some

Edit to avoid the evil of a double post

i just feelt like making a list of the afterlife here's how it goes, in order of what overrules what
Totemist's are absobed into the sun or the moon depending on wheter it is nigth or day when they die
necromancers goes to the sun too
worshippers of Yen go to the midnigth carnival (to party?)
those who uses Lerios's lycanthrobe control ritual deal are also absorbed into the moon
everyone else goes to The Divine Flame

Vadin
2008-11-22, 02:42 PM
Dread Necromancers and Necrocarnum Adepts also get eaten by Luumu.

Please note, however, that unlike normal necromancers and whatnot, those two can only create unintelligent undead- little more than negative energy puppets. The lord of entropy can still have specialized necromancer wizards, some sort of variant dread necromancers (or just ones that are allowed to make intelligent undead like normal), and all the intelligent undead out there (like liches, mummies, vampires, wights, etc.).

But skeletons and zombies are currently just extensions of Luumu's will or his followers' wills.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 02:59 PM
My shadows aren't literal shadows they're shadows of life, aye? my PC shadows probably need a different name.

vegetalss4
2008-11-22, 03:06 PM
you could call them shades?
i have updated the afterlife list,
And i have Begetted a god, it is up for any takers. but please bind it togetter with how it whas created if possible

Vadin
2008-11-22, 03:09 PM
Vegetal, everyone appreciates proper punctuation, capitalization, and spelling. Also, could Ishtar speak with a color that's easier to read? Maybe? And shades aren't a bad name for a player race. Not a bad name at all...

Also, Beget God used to be a 3 AP action, but we're limited to one god in this LoC. So 1) You paid 2 AP too little and 2) You can't Beget Gods of your own in this game. If you meant to do that to bring in another player, you don't have to pay AP for that, as your god isn't really doing anything.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 03:10 PM
Lycanthropes are born, and those who dwell in the forests of the Emerald Crown will chant the name of Lerios... or they will die as their own kin will turn into uncontrollable monsters and kill them...

Vadin
2008-11-22, 03:12 PM
Fact: In the Playground, the sky will EAT YOUR SOUL.

vegetalss4
2008-11-22, 03:16 PM
Vegetal, everyone appreciates proper punctuation, capitalization, and spelling. Also, could Ishtar speak with a color that's easier to read? Maybe? And shades aren't a bad name for a player race. Not a bad name at all...
sorry im not english, and i will try changig to purple, better?

Also, Beget God used to be a 3 AP action, but we're limited to one god in this LoC. So 1) You paid 2 AP too little and 2) You can't Beget Gods of your own in this game. If you meant to do that to bring in another player, you don't have to pay AP for that, as your god isn't really doing anything.

if it is a player god it don't:smallwink:

and to lychantrophic control, why not use the control shape skill?

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 03:52 PM
Mine are Shadowkin. Problem solved. I think I somehow mixed changlings and shifters. The thing is up in the homebrew.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 03:57 PM
sorry im not english, and i will try changig to purple, better?

Well, I want it to be the a pact that's specific to my god, and basically gives me their souls.

Vadin
2008-11-22, 04:13 PM
Vegetal, begetting a god so another play can enter the game doesn't cost you any AP, as it's just a function of the story and not anything mechanically related.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 04:21 PM
Aergoth, Create Concept is just a way to make a new "concept" that results in classes, like my concept was Deity Worship, which made clerics and monks, it wouldn't cost that much AP just to make language, that would if anything be a nurture populous thing, which is just 1 AP.

vegetalss4
2008-11-22, 04:51 PM
Vegetal, begetting a god so another play can enter the game doesn't cost you any AP, as it's just a function of the story and not anything mechanically related.

yes that what i said, and that's the reason i didn't pay any action points.
we seem to be speaking past each other

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 04:56 PM
i just feelt like making a list of the afterlife here's how it goes, in order of what overrules what
Totemist's are absobed into the sun or the moon depending on wheter it is nigth or day when they die
necromancers goes to the sun too
worshippers of Yen go to the midnigth carnival (to party?)
everyone else goes to The Divine Flame

Seems fair to me. And yes, anyone and anything that goes to the Midnight Carnival can party. Its one of the cool things to do.

Yen will probably take lust along the way at some point.

And no, no roll over this monday as it was yesterday, but from now on, it will be monday. Sorry for the confusion.

Vadin
2008-11-22, 04:59 PM
1-0=1 beget god

OH...

I see what you did there.

Ok. From now on, please document AP expenditures in the proper format.

Final AP = Current AP - Expenditure AP (Expenditure Reason)

23 AP = 30 AP - 7 AP (Noursih Populace x7)

And whose god did you beget?

To anybody else who wants to join, feel free to read the rules on the first page and post up a god concept!

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 05:00 PM
Thanks there Vadin

Great stuff so far by the way ;D, really like the Sun and Moon you two.

When others come in, their will be a vote(so as to get different opinions). Vadin, Draken, L.A since your all Vets of the trade, your up if you so choose.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 05:01 PM
Thanks there Vadin

Great stuff so far by the way ;D, really like the Sun and Moon you two.

When others come in, their will be a vote(so as to get different opinions). Vadin, Draken, L.A since your all Vets of the trade, your up if you so choose.

Up for what...?

Edit: And thanks, I'm trying to play Lerios as the younger of the two (lower DR and all) always trying to prove he's better than his older brother...

Vadin
2008-11-22, 05:03 PM
Up for what...?

Seconded.

Oh, Lerios, someday you will learn the rule of all fantasy games except for D&D...brute force owns casters. That's why every main character uses a sword. Silly younglings.

Innis Cabal
Voting people...for new members...?

Lord_Asmodeus
Voting people...

Oh you mean like casting votes for who we like as gods?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 05:04 PM
Yes, exactly.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 05:04 PM
I see. Hey, Vadin, have our gods even met yet?

Vadin
2008-11-22, 05:05 PM
OOOOOH. Ok. Huzzah! Hear that, people? Submit your gods and whatnot! Luumu needs playmates!

LA: Not officially, but its the kind of thing where one knows that the other exists. It's like an archenemy- you don't know where they are, and you might not have ever really met them, but you know just who they are and that you want to eat them. How about we hold off on them actually meeting until rollover and the beholders? (Also, Iuro, because it's just scrubland, is where I was planning on putting them. The desertishness-no-trees aspect goes great with the "Celestial bodies are always watching you" theme for them)

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 05:07 PM
Sorry about the unclear part there. Had a very long day, driving for a good 5 hours straight though back roads and blizzard conditions. Just a bit out of it.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 05:14 PM
Aergoth, Create Concept is just a way to make a new "concept" that results in classes, like my concept was Deity Worship, which made clerics and monks, it wouldn't cost that much AP just to make language, that would if anything be a nurture populous thing, which is just 1 AP.

Fixed. Sorry about that. I figured: hell, language be important.

I'mma gonna add something to that post. I thought I only had two points left, so I was going to save it, but now that I've got more...
So we edit our little entries in this post based on what happens in-game yes?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 05:15 PM
OOOOOH. Ok. Huzzah! Hear that, people? Submit your gods and whatnot! Luumu needs playmates!

LA: Not officially, but its the kind of thing where one knows that the other exists. It's like an archenemy- you don't know where they are, and you might not have ever really met them, but you know just who they are and that you want to eat them. How about we hold off on them actually meeting until rollover and the beholders? (Also, Iuro, because it's just scrubland, is where I was planning on putting them. The desertishness-no-trees aspect goes great with the "Celestial bodies are always watching you" theme for them)

Yea, that sounds good. Also, how about they're made on the two big continents on the equator (like where the sun and the moons gazes meet) and then we spread them to our own homes (they'd be my original race that I would have both above, and underground.

"And yay shall the great ones serve eternally, ancient in power and knowledge, gaining insights from the Great Eye, ever knowing and ever watching, they are His heralds, and they and their kin are His eyes, to see when he cannot, and so that all beings know that the Great Watcher, Watches"
- Excerpt from ancient Beholder religious texts

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 05:27 PM
Fixed. Sorry about that. I figured: hell, language be important.

I'mma gonna add something to that post. I thought I only had two points left, so I was going to save it, but now that I've got more...
So we edit our little entries in this post based on what happens in-game yes?

Ya, pretty much. I'll have a master list of Domains up...tommorow probably.

Draken
2008-11-22, 05:29 PM
You know, for that beholder player race.

How the heck would it work? Limited (slow) flight, in exchange for being unable to use boots, gloves, helmets. Having to get custon armor and mouthpick weapons?

It would be funny, imho.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 05:30 PM
There is a body list for beholders in Lords of Madness

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 05:34 PM
You know, for that beholder player race.

How the heck would it work? Limited (slow) flight, in exchange for being unable to use boots, gloves, helmets. Having to get custon armor and mouthpick weapons?

It would be funny, imho.

Explain how armor dropped by an elf, fits a dwarf. Or how a helmet made for a halfling, can fit a half orc. OR, how boots made for an ogre could fit a gnome, without falling off.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 05:35 PM
They can't. They have to be resized(Though i'm not sure that was carried over to 3 or 3.5).

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 05:37 PM
They can't. They have to be resized(Though i'm not sure that was carried over to 3 or 3.5).

I don't remember ever having to have armor I picked up resized, and I've played a few games. At least there was no mechanic for it that I ever heard of. I just killed a dwarf, and miraculously the chainmail he was wearing fit my half-orc fighter!

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 05:41 PM
They are both medium sized creatures though. You can't use armor thats larger then you or smaller then you, and you can't use weapons larger then you without a feat, and smaller ones deal less damage.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 05:44 PM
They are both medium sized creatures though. You can't use armor thats larger then you or smaller then you, and you can't use weapons larger then you without a feat, and smaller ones deal less damage.

Still, if an elf drops armor that is made by elves for elves, it shouldn't rightly fit a dwarf, medium size creature or not.

Edit: I'm just saying you could make it work within the rules.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 06:03 PM
Moon is going to get a visit as soon as the Beholders are up and walking....floating? around.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 06:12 PM
And if it's magic it resizes itself by itself. Because it's magic like that.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 06:16 PM
Actually, there's a question for you. Do we automatically gain divine rank or do we have to expend AP for it?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 06:23 PM
You have to use AP for it. Its all in the rules on the front page ;D

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 06:34 PM
Moon is going to get a visit as soon as the Beholders are up and walking....floating? around.

... wait what why?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 06:36 PM
Yen works in mystrious ways. >.>

About the illusion thing we discussed, once I know, but still.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 06:37 PM
Yen works in mystrious ways. >.>

About the illusion thing we discussed, once I know, but still.

ahh yes, that.

Speaking of working in mysterious ways, when Tia gets back you think she'll be upset she missed the beginning of the new game?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 06:38 PM
No idea honestly. I sent her a PM, only way to really reach her what with no internet and all

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 06:48 PM
IC: You need to format the "Raise DR" section of the Godly Actions. It's small and difficult to notice if you're going over it cursorily.

A couple modifications to Shadowkin.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 06:55 PM
The shape weapon power is pretty powerful. Its a class skill for a class, and they can only shape their weapon into a simple blade.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 06:59 PM
I've tempered it a little. They can actually make next to anything out of flesh, but I should probably restrict them to simple weapons, daggers, quarterstaves. And no armor.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 07:03 PM
Ya, being able to make close to anything with your flesh, while an awsome power, would push them way over a simple +0 race, even for a +1 race with the other powers thats pretty strong.

I like the flavor of it alot though.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 07:07 PM
I realized I left a loophole as well. There was no prohibition against special materials. I should probably limit throwing weapons as well, just because I'm assuming you're talking about soulknives (VERY cool psionic class. Mostly because it's simple.)

EDIT: I've changed the class a little. Since all of the Shadowkin's abilities are divinely granted becoming chaotic removes a lot of the special abilities. They're kind of like paladins in that respect.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 08:53 PM

Missed these...somehow....

Skills don't need to be introduced, those are totally mortal concerns.

And what player? If I can pry? Can I?

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 09:23 PM
What do you think of the modifications? LA 0?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 09:32 PM
They still look pretty powerful, a weak LA+1 but a pretty strong L.A 0

Reath
2008-11-22, 10:14 PM
So, uh, hey. I'm new around these parts, to be painfully honest I haven't played any version of DnD before (Though I really want to, and I have... two DnD books? Though, ones not exactly DnD, but a modified 3.5 for a different setting, but, uh..)

Eh, sorry. What I was trying to ask, the god Vegetals created is up for grabs, right? You said that, but what domain can it take, since none are open? Is it domain-less?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 10:16 PM
You might wanna check with Vegetal first. And I asked who it was made for, not that it was up for grabs.

Even if its not, you can propose your own god :smallbiggrin:

Knowing the rules to D&D isnt really importat, alot of us know the game rules, and if you wanna make your own stuff up using the rules, well we're all here to help.

Reath
2008-11-22, 11:14 PM
Oh, okay.

I was kind of wanting to make a god of conscienceness, curiosity, and invention- a demi-god, not a full-fledged one, so...
Would that infringe upon Creation?
Would it be a bad idea to intentionally remain a demigod until I feel like it's prudential storywise?
Also, why did everyone start with 18 AP if they're different levels? Is it Just The Way It Is?
And, would starting at a lower DR put me at risk of getting le Stabbed? What's the benefit of killing another god, anyways?

(... hmm. It would also be kind of interesting to make a demi-god as An Observer- y'know, just taking note of the things that are created and seeing them from a more terrestrial veiwpoint.)

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 11:18 PM
I was kind of wanting to make a god of conscienceness, curiosity, and invention- a demi-god, not a full-fledged one, so...
Would that infringe upon Creation?
Would it be a bad idea to intentionally remain a demigod until I feel like it's prudential storywise?
Also, why did everyone start with 18 AP if they're different levels? Is it Just The Way It Is?
And, would starting at a lower DR put me at risk of getting le Stabbed? What's the benefit of killing another god, anyways?

(... hmm. It would also be kind of interesting to make a demi-god as An Observer- y'know, just taking note of the things that are created and seeing them from a more terrestrial veiwpoint.)

Answer this all in one go.

1. Ya sorta, as far as I know thats more or less what he's going for.
2. Not at all, its very flavorfull and interesting.
3. Its just to make things go faster so more people can join in the game :smallbiggrin:
4. Not really, its actually rather safe for you.
5. Lots of things, Artifacts other gods own, portfolio elements, domains, things of that nature.

Also Vadin. Awsome. So awsome

Vadin
2008-11-22, 11:22 PM
You just had to use that name, didn't you? :smalltongue:

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 11:23 PM
What does Luumu look like right now?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-22, 11:24 PM
Its actually one of my standard names, :smalltongue:

One of my favorites to! I couldn't use the one I always use, as its my screen name.

I actually laughed so hard it woke up my girl. That made my day. Really. Thank you.

Vadin
2008-11-23, 12:02 AM
LA: Luumu looks like Gali from Monster Rancher.

He's a golden mask of the sun on top of a large white robe, and he doesn't have a body under there.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 12:08 AM
Cool. Lerios, when he first takes mortal form (currently he "is" the moon, or is controlling it and has no corporeal form that he has taken) he will probably take the form of a Lycanthrope, probably a Werewolf with silver-white fur that glows like the moon, and one large eye on his forehead.

When coming up with the Concept of Lerios I thought of him as a black haired, light skinned man with a goatee, a silver trimmed Rapier, and a smug sneer :smallbiggrin:

Reath
2008-11-23, 12:11 AM
So, my friend helped me come up with an idea. Could I make a god of Youth and Emotion/Feeling (Happiness, Sadness, Luck, Jealousy, Curiosity, etc.)?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 12:13 AM
Fill it out and we'll see. It sounds...sound enough.

Reath
2008-11-23, 02:07 AM
Dayo, the Youngling
Played By Reath
(DR:5) Bard (Class levels up in a moment.)
Symbol or Unholy Symbol: An egg, usually outlined with blue and filled in with gold.
Home: Material Plane.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Domains: Emotion, Chaos
Portfolio: Youth
Favored Weapon: Khopesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khopesh)

Dayo was spawned from the egg that Ishtar created, and in his secluded lonelyness he felt a need for entertainment. He could veiw the outside world, but everything outside was cold and calculated aside from the gods actions. So, for himself he created an entertainer- something that would act in ways unpredictable by logic, with fiery intensity. He called this entity Emotion. When he hatched from the age, he was so infatuated with Emotion that he melded it to himself with the Divine Flame that surrounded him, and become not a dragon but a dragonkin-a humanoid figure whose scales changed colors to complement his emotions, and wings that spread twice his body length. His powers also allowed him to stay young for as long as he wished.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 02:09 AM
If its ok with Vegetal, it looks fine with me. But it -has- to be approved not only be two other voters, but Vegetal as well.

Great flavor and everything looks absolutly awsome though!

Reath
2008-11-23, 02:32 AM
:smallsmile: Great!

vegetalss4
2008-11-23, 04:46 AM
Reath go for it

Another edit to avoid the dreaded double post
i just felt we also would need a list of the planes so here they are
The Material Plane: the mortal world
The Astral Plane:a planer sea that allows the gods to interact with the mortal world
The Plane of Shadows: it is a dark mirror to the mortal plane
The Etheral Plane: a cosmic morass of silver mist and strange phantom sounds
Limbo: a "ring made" up of seas of the elements and positive and negative energy
The Midnigth carnival: Yens plane that is a constant party/ black market
The Divine Flame: a plane of pure goodness were almost all souls go, and Ishtar's homeplane
Lyasis: a plane where things are descomposing, disnintergrate spells sends stuf here, Lyarin's homeplane

Vadin
2008-11-23, 11:05 AM
The Divine Flame: a plane of pure goodness were almost all souls go, and Ishtar's home plane

How did you manage that, exactly?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 11:36 AM
I think its what is intended to happen.

And Reath, you have 1 vote so far.

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 11:50 AM
You're forgetting Lyasis.
Essentially a giant dumping ground for matter. (Perhaps the location of matter destroyed with disintegration spells?) Also Lyarin's home plane.

Vadin
2008-11-23, 11:57 AM
Reath, you've got my vote if you make yourself DR 5 or 6 instead of 3.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 11:58 AM
Luumu clearly needs a hug.

Vadin
2008-11-23, 12:00 PM
That's why he filled dead bodies with his will. How else will he get hugs (and tasty tasty brains)?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 12:13 PM
Big greasy fleshy hugs....blech.

Also Sun and Undead togather, awsome.

Vadin
2008-11-23, 12:20 PM
Undead+Incarnum from Eul. Draken- it was just too good an idea!

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 12:23 PM
I fear I'm going a more cliched route than you Vadin, I mean my first mortal followers (technically I suppose Lycanthropes are a race) are lycanthropes that... well turn into animal-people at the full moon, and need a special ritual that sells their soul to the moon to control it...

Edit: I'd vote for Reaths character, might I suggest making much of his class levels bard? :smallwink:

vegetalss4
2008-11-23, 12:23 PM
You're forgetting Lyasis.
Essentially a giant dumping ground for matter. (Perhaps the location of matter destroyed with disintegration spells?) Also Lyarin's home plane.

edited in

How did you manage that, exactly?
well they did not go anywhere before, and when i made it i just made it the defeult afterlife. curently the only ones who don't go there are Yens followers, totemist, necromancers, and those who takes Lerios's lycanthrobe control ritual deal, in other words almost everyone

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 12:27 PM
And Shadowkin. I'll need to fix that, but Shadowkin are mine (The Lord of Entropy is something of a greedy bastard.) which explains why only lawful Shadowkin (and by extension deities that want the shadowkin) can use my amazing god granted gifts.

When do we get more AP? We only gain what is says on the list right?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 12:29 PM
If the shadow-kin turn from the lord of Entropy they can always find succor in the lands of the Emerald Crown... :smallwink:

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 12:30 PM
You're lawful?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 12:34 PM
You're lawful?

Neutral Evil actually :smalltongue:

I mean they can come to me if they become unlawful: The Emerald Crown is a haven for exiles and outcasts, hell if they're lucky they might even find some NEW abilities to replace the old ones :smallbiggrin: (and at this point I believe I'm the only one with actual clerics, of course I don't have necromancers or anything like that, though I do obviously have totemists, since that depends on whether it's night or day)

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 12:37 PM
Yen has a clergy, they just arn't clerics of the class, the "clergy" are more like seperate crime families.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 12:39 PM
Yen has a clergy, they just arn't clerics of the class, the "clergy" are more like seperate crime families.

Well yea, I mean while everyone else has worshipers, actual CLERICS (like spellcasters who pray to their gods and receive divine magic in return) would be less widespread since Lerios made it specifically in the Emerald Crown, and while it's still an existing concept it probably hasn't become commonplace around the world yet.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 12:40 PM
No probably not. Who needs clerics when you can party! >.>

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 12:40 PM
I think I have favoured class rogue at the moment, for Shadowkin. Has anyone created that yet?
Also, repost of previous question: When do we get more AP, we only get what's listed?

Vadin
2008-11-23, 12:41 PM
Monks and Clerics- Moon
Incarnum- Sun and Moon
Necrocarnates and Necromancers- Sun

Weird.

But as it stands, pretty awesome.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 12:42 PM
I think I have favoured class rogue at the moment, for Shadowkin. Has anyone created that yet?
Also, repost of previous question: When do we get more AP, we only get what's listed?

Yea, Yen made Rogues as well as... something else. Illicit traders perhaps?

Also, I hadn't thought of it like that before Vadin: And remember, the best necromancers :smallwink:...

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 12:44 PM
Yen created Rogue and Swordsage(the shadow hand and setting sun schools) when he created the concent of drugs, poisions, booze and medicinal herbs, Shikigami have either as their favored class.

And yes, that is awsome. I've owned the book for a while, but never really gave it a big read through, but incarnum is pretty neat. Yen will...prove himself...

Edit: Roll over is every monday at 9 PM EST and half roll over is every Thursday at the same time.

L.A what do you think of the god up for voting.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 12:47 PM
I posted this as an edit further up, it was a tad late though...

I'd vote for Reaths character, might I suggest taking class levels in bard? :smallwink:

Also, we going to have Rollover monday, or are we going to wait till Thursday because of the new-start?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 12:49 PM
What do you guys think? If the Reath gets voted in before monday, he won't have AP untill next monday if we don't do roll over, or 1 AP on thursday....so....what do you guys think? Monday roll over?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 12:51 PM
Yes! Monday rollover, so that the glorious Beholder Empire might come sooner, and all creatures begin to know their place under the gaze of the Brothers of the Eye! erhm... *cough cough* I mean, yea that sounds good :smallbiggrin:

I'll probably evolve before Monday anyway.

Reath
2008-11-23, 01:34 PM
Heh, I wouldn't mind him being a bard. S'rather fitting, really, seeing that he came from the Lord of Song.
Maybe Bards could actually be somewhat more usefull in this universe! :smallbiggrin:
Actually, the bards be could kind of like dragon worshippers, since they use the power of song and play to make elusions and enhance performance, right? They'd be like... like musical monks.

Edit: Oh, and I could change my DR upwards if you'll tell me why it be being a priority. :smallsmile:

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 01:39 PM
Monday. Definetly. So Lyarin (DR 5) will get 2 AP? And then 1 on Thursday?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 01:44 PM
Its just so you can, if and when your ready, ascend to DR 6 faster. Its more to help you then anything else

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 01:47 PM
Can we get half AP? (i know it sounds stupid but those little amounts add up.

Reath
2008-11-23, 01:49 PM
Oh, mmkay. I'll go ahead and edit it up to DR5. I just wanted to emphasize that he's not a very powerful god.

vegetalss4
2008-11-23, 01:49 PM
yay Aergoth i understan that Lyrian feels that way, but he hasn't made Lyasis the afterlife for shadowkin yet, so until he actuly does that they go the The Divine Flame like everyone else:smalltongue:

oh and which mountains have the shadowkin just reached, lyasis mountiens or mortal mountiens? if mortal are they those in the water with koblods and gnomes or those on the big continent with dragons

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 01:54 PM
And the Shikigami

Also, half AP is thursday. Roll over will be on monday.

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 02:55 PM
The question was, are we allowed to get .5 of a single AP?

vegetalss4
2008-11-23, 02:56 PM
innis how many people need to vote yes in order for a god to be allowed to join?

Reath
2008-11-23, 03:08 PM
I do believe the answer was 2.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 03:38 PM
3, and he has it

Reath
2008-11-23, 04:03 PM
Oh, okay! Great!

Should I just jump in, or...?
(Oh, and do I start with 18 AP or none?)

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 04:03 PM
You start at roll over. You can post now if you want, but you won't get AP untill 9 PM EST tommorow. There is a list on the front page where you can see how much AP you get.

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 04:19 PM
Ouch! Bad luck, you get 2 AP tommorrow at roll-over.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 04:20 PM
You'd be surprised just how awsome Demi-Gods can be...

Reath
2008-11-23, 04:58 PM
I'll need to do a bit of pondering, but I'm sure I'll make due with what I have.

MUAHAHAHA!

... er, please ignore that. Yes.
(Hmm. So, lets say I want to use a class skill that requires Experience points. As a demi-god, does it cost me experience points, or can I just ignore the cost? Also, if there's a time/GP-requirement, is that necessary to follow, or...?)

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 05:10 PM
Reath, the answer to your question is take a class with craft reserve. Several of them. :P

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 05:11 PM
Crafting mortal items? Your a god....crafting godly items? That would be 3 AP.

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 05:15 PM
IC: What if he wanted to make items for his mortal followers, to equip them for battle? Which is a fabulous idea by the way.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 05:16 PM
There is a level cap per year, 9 for year 1 which is what we are in. Lets not flood the world with +7 flaming vorperal weapons.

More or less, don't go crazy with it. Use discretion.

Reath
2008-11-23, 05:25 PM
Mortal items, yesyes. I knew the 3 AP rule... but I also knew I wouldn't have three AP to spend!

Edit: Was thinking of adding Intelligent weapons to the world, which would be as companions to others as Emotion did to him. However, I wasn't intending to just give them out- was going to hide them. There was one specifc thing I wanted to create that I was going to hide them on, as well. Just to spice things up a bit.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 05:40 PM
Mortal weapons are just that. In godly combat they won't count for anything, and again, disgression is the best tool to use. If it sounds really insane, it probably is.

Reath
2008-11-23, 06:13 PM
Oh, okay.

Uhm, one last question- when one molds land, can one make a flying landmass? For example, a set of flying islands.
(For that matter, if I want to create one specific sort of tree, do I have to use the create populus, or can I use the Create Subrace technique?

And can humans be considered a subrace of gnome? (Not that I intend to make humans, just curious.) )

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 06:15 PM
Vadin is our resident expert on that.

Vadin
2008-11-23, 06:15 PM
Yes. That's what I did in the last game, and what the entire world ended up being like in the end. And you don't have to make a specific sort of tree, you can just make Trees and assume your specific variety was created.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 06:16 PM
And no one has actually...made trees, its just a nourish land and you can say what ever tree's were made in a region.

Reath
2008-11-23, 06:16 PM
Oh, great!

Was thinking of creating Floating/Flying islands that some sort of Birdpeople lived on.

Edit: They're not exactly... normal trees. Floating, island-trees, is more accurate.

Edit number 2: Wait, could I nourish land on the sea... and make the trees/turn it freshwater/get oceano angry at me?

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 06:18 PM
If they don't do anything special a simple nourish land will do.

GalaGalaxia
2008-11-23, 06:23 PM
Bhareld the Enlightened
Played by: GalaGalaxia
Divine Rank: 6
Classes: Conjurer 13, Master Specialist 10, Paragnostic Apostle 5
Holy symbol: Enneagram of Personality
Alignment: Neutral
Domains: Knowledge, Balance
Portfolio: Diplomacy
Favored Weapon: dagger

Description: Bhareld is a god of knowledge. His actions are always carefully considered, almost as if he had a second sense of prescience. He strives to achieve balance in all things, siding with none. Although Bhareld shuns fighting and war, he will not sit idly watching. He believes in action and steadfastness as much as he values peace and relaxation.

Bhareld thrives in solitude, which allows for study and contemplation. But he also enjoys and appreciates development of the new and daring, experimentation and research. He is the first to lend a helping hand, but will not be taken advantage of.

Bhareld firmly believes that there is, and must remain, an opposition in all things. True happiness comes from the realization thereof, and the ability to find one's place in the midst of law and chaos, good and evil. Bhareld's own place is in the middle. Carefully and tirelessly working towards maintaining the balance of the opposing forces.

His symbol is the Enneagram of Personality, a representation of the nine alignments.

http://www.galagalaxia.com/dnd/EnneagramOfPersonality.gif

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 06:29 PM
Looks fine, but you only get one portfolio element at the start.

Reath
2008-11-23, 06:34 PM
I liked it.

GalaGalaxia
2008-11-23, 06:36 PM
Looks fine, but you only get one portfolio element at the start.

Then we'll go with diplomacy. Fits him better.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 06:40 PM
Alright, he has my vote then.

Vadin
2008-11-23, 07:05 PM
Alright, he has my vote then.

Seconded and whatnot. One more vote needed.

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 07:06 PM
Carried! Movement approved, bring him in already!

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 07:07 PM
L.A or Draken?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 07:11 PM
Then I too shall cast him my lot. Also, I'm thinking Aspect of the Wolf as a 1st level Cleric spell for the Lycanthropy domain, but I have some doubts. For one, it seems too limited, maybe I'm looking into this but wereWOLVES aren't supposed to be the most common kind of Lycanthrope, the most common kinds is supposed to very from area to area. In the deserts for example, lycanthropes would develope for the most common kinds of animals to that area, with a strong tendency toward omnivores and carnivores. Turning just into a wolf seems like it would be good for the domain, but it doesn't match the fluff as well as I'd like. Alternatively I could go for Beast Claws which make your hands and fingers into big clawed hands, which would fit the fluff better.

Reath
2008-11-23, 07:12 PM
I already voted yes. :smallconfused:

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 07:15 PM
You guys did yes. They need three votes from Vadin, Draken, myself, and L.A to get in, thats the council as the others are vets of the system and game. Your input on any god is of course desired, its your game to :smallwink:

And your in Gala.

GalaGalaxia
2008-11-23, 07:17 PM
Sweet!

So, I start with 3 AP?

Reath
2008-11-23, 07:18 PM
Oh... hmm. That makes sense, okay! :smallsmile:

And, I'm trying to figure whether I should oppose Gala's god for being so neutral sounding, or try and form an alliance with him to catch up to the other gods.

Edit: Yup, you get your three AP as soon at 9 o'clock comes around tommorow.

Incendius
2008-11-23, 07:19 PM
Posting a God for possible joining.

Jesharad the Introspective
Played by: Incendius
Divine Rank: 6
Classes: Erudite 16/Monk2/Metamind 10
Holy symbol: An Open Book
Alignment: Neutral
Domains: Mind (SPC), Balance
Portfolio: The Mind
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

Description:

Jesharad is the god of the mind and of self reflection. Jesharad is a God that is always examining his actions, and encourages all of his followers to examine their actions as well. He holds no opinion on the morality of actions, and rather looks towards the benefits and risks in actions. Jesharad is a decisive God when he acts, but vacillates between one path and the other when he does not, and encourages his followers to question themselves in the same manor, but not to back off from a decision lightly.

Jesharad encourages above all things mental growth, the idea of using one's mind in order to accomplish something rather than using brute force. Jesharad as thus encourages individuals to study, and learn anew. He encourages people to keep open minds, and never to become set in stone.

Jesharad's holds libraries as sacred as shrines. Jesharad encourages all to wander, and is a wanderer himself. A home is important, but one must be able to experience other realms and people's as often as possible.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-23, 07:19 PM
Yes Gala, you start tommorow at 9PM EST with 3 AP. We've got another guy comming into the OOC thread shortly as well.

And he ninja'd me. Awsome.

Vadin
2008-11-23, 07:21 PM
Then I too shall cast him my lot. Also, I'm thinking Aspect of the Wolf as a 1st level Cleric spell for the Lycanthropy domain, but I have some doubts. For one, it seems too limited, maybe I'm looking into this but wereWOLVES aren't supposed to be the most common kind of Lycanthrope, the most common kinds is supposed to very from area to area. In the deserts for example, lycanthropes would develope for the most common kinds of animals to that area, with a strong tendency toward omnivores and carnivores. Turning just into a wolf seems like it would be good for the domain, but it doesn't match the fluff as well as I'd like. Alternatively I could go for Beast Claws which make your hands and fingers into big clawed hands, which would fit the fluff better.

Why not just rename the spell Aspect of the Lycan? Or use Beast Claws, yes. That would also work just fine.

Also, Jesharad looks pretty awesome. My only stipulation would be that we don't really have libraries or formal knowledge yet- a nourish populace or two could fix that. We just have a few kobolds and gnomes and some ocean people. Not very many at all, really. Would Jesharad make giving some of them culture a priority?