PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Help w/ Pact Initiate

vartan
2008-11-19, 11:09 PM
Does a character who selects Pact Initiate (the Warlock multi-class feat) gain the class features of Warlock's Curse or Misty Step or is it strictly limited to the At-Will Power as an Encounter Power? I am sorry if the answer is obvious, but I don't have my books with me.

Mando Knight
2008-11-19, 11:15 PM
You only get what the feat states you get:
Training in a Warlock Skill,
A Warlock At-Will as an encounter,
The ability to enter Warlock Paragon Paths, including those based on the pact related to your chosen power,
And the ability to use Warlock implements with Warlock powers.

vartan
2008-11-19, 11:19 PM
So what about if a Warlord selects the Pact of the Initiate and selects eyebite- is he considered to have taken the fey pact as it pertains to other powers like witchfire (which has an additional effect for feylocks)?

Lord_Ventnor
2008-11-20, 12:58 AM
So what about if a Warlord selects the Pact of the Initiate and selects eyebite- is he considered to have taken the fey pact as it pertains to other powers like witchfire (which has an additional effect for feylocks)?

I do not believe so.

vartan
2008-11-20, 01:19 AM
Well I think that it makes sense fluff-wise, but can anyone cite any actual rulings on the situation?

Lord_Ventnor
2008-11-20, 01:45 AM
Well I think that it makes sense fluff-wise, but can anyone cite any actual rulings on the situation?

Technically, Pact Initiate gives you these things and these only:

1.) Training in a skill on the Warlock skill list.

2.) Use of one Pact-associated Warlock At-Will Power as an encounter power.

3.) The ability to multiclass into a Paragon Path based off the Power you selected for 2.).

You don't get the actual Eldritch Class Pact feature, and even if you got it, you couldn't use it as you don't get the Warlock's Curse pact feature either.

Funkyodor
2008-11-20, 09:40 AM
Technically, Pact Initiate gives you these things and these only:

1.) Training in a skill on the Warlock skill list.

2.) Use of one Pact-associated Warlock At-Will Power as an encounter power.

3.) The ability to multiclass into a Paragon Path based off the Power you selected for 2.).

You don't get the actual Eldritch Class Pact feature, and even if you got it, you couldn't use it as you don't get the Warlock's Curse pact feature either.

Technically, you gain skill training, choose a pact, gain the At-Will associated with that pact, can progress into the paragon path based on that pact, and can use warlock implements when using warlock powers.

Because of the choose a pact statement, I would say you get the benefits of powers that have side abilities with pact benefits.

I agree that by not getting the warlocks curse ability, you will never be able to fully utilize the Pact or Warlock Paragon Path choices.

Blackfang108
2008-11-20, 09:47 AM
I agree that by not getting the warlocks curse ability, you will never be able to fully utilize the Pact or Warlock Paragon Path choices.

If Martial Power is anything to go by, we may have a feat that lets you curse an enemy.

But, you DO have the Pact for Power purposes.

Hzurr
2008-11-20, 11:17 AM

In my group, we actually houseruled the multiclass ability so that you are able to get the curse ability (which makes the warlock multi-class more similar to rogue or ranger)