PDA

View Full Version : Ambrosia Software

TSGames
2008-11-20, 02:06 AM
My favorite software company of all time(Blizzard included) is Ambrosia Software. They have consistently released games of scarcely paralleled quality: from the fun and addicting Bubble Trouble, to the arcade classic Maelstrom, to the sheer fun and addicting arcade style that dominated Barrack, Sketch Fighter Alpha, and Deimos Rising, to the more strategically demanding and equally addicting Darwinia.

The game that placed them far beyond the reach of any other software developer, for me, was EV: Nova. This game, hell, the entire EV series utilized ideal gaming concepts, and did not stray from Ambrosia's quality consistence. Though two dimensional, this game was beautiful, and immersed the user in a truly expansive and deep universe, allowing the player total freedom to explore, develop, and do almost anything. The sheer completeness of the work and ease of the interface speaks volumes of the effort rendered into it. Multiple endings, factions, missions, ships, and a dynamic universe where the player eventually has galaxy altering impact, were all so well done, that it is the only game I have ever played through multiple times for each of the six endings. Needless to say, Ambrosia has remained reliable in their quality, and while there were a few games of theirs that I was partial to, it is not due to any lack of creative genius or talent on their part.

Now I am told that Ambrosia is releasing a new game:Aquaria (http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/aquaria/). I am happy to see that reviews, and even the youtube comments, have been overwhelming positive for it. Being very busy, it has been years since I spent a few hours playing a quality Ambrosia game, and I think that this looks like a good game to buy. Between the reviews, and Ambrosia's near flawless history of releasing innovative, creative, fun, and beautiful games, I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to buy this game.

Poison_Fish
2008-11-21, 07:05 AM
Ambrosia has been quality software for me as well. I remember the days of the old escape velocity. That was good times.