PDA

View Full Version : Which DnD character class would be most likely to...

Vorgen
2008-11-20, 03:06 AM
Hey guys, I have a really odd question. For some reason that I cannot fathom, I really love this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy9_qZGwNKg

Its a catchy tune, you must admit. But due to my continuing insanity, I can only think of one thing whenever this song plays. I always envision a very specific fight scene montage, where a Monk of the Sun Soul is bright, shining, and kicking fistfuls of ass in a dark evil labyrinthine place while singing this song at the top of his voice. Don't ask me why I do, it just is.

However, I realize that Monks of the Sun Soul might not be the most likely characters in the DnD universe to have pockets full of sunshine, and I'd like to amend my mental montage theater with a more appropriate character class if it is at all possible. So, could you guys tell me, which DnD character class, past or present, would be most likely to have pocketfuls of sunshine which they would use to kick liberal amounts of evil ass?

edit: I envision sunbeams emanating from his hands. Who can do that? Also, its gotta be someone who is full to the brim of life, energy, vitality, so much so that the dank evil labyrinth doesn't get them down, in fact their vital cheer and happiness completely transforms the environment, just as their offensive invasion is transforming the faces of the monsters they are pummeling. (i.e. melting them.)

edit 2: not gandalf-esque, although he did use bright white light against the nazgul. I'm thinking more yellow light.

Kris Strife
2008-11-20, 03:14 AM
Master of Radiance PrC from the Libris Mortis.

Kizara
2008-11-20, 04:30 AM
Radiant Servant of Pelor maybe?

Especially if your badguys are undead. That PrC is incredibly destructive to undead.

Scion_of_Darkness
2008-11-20, 04:38 AM
Some sort of disgustingly cheerful cleric of Pelor like a Radiant Servant or Master of Radiance are probably good choices. However I wouldn't say no to some sort of fire/light wizard or one specializing in prismatic effects either.

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-11-20, 04:42 AM
Some sort of disgustingly cheerful cleric of Pelor like a Radiant Servant or Master of Radiance are probably good choices. However I wouldn't say no to some sort of fire/light wizard or one specializing in prismatic effects either.

Although I personally wouldn't take advise form someone named Scion of Darkness on this point:smalltongue:.

Kizara
2008-11-20, 04:43 AM

I can't really say a IotSFV would be "shooting sunshine" in any real fashion. The veils are hardly suny or shiney.

jcsw
2008-11-20, 07:12 AM
You should squeeze out every form of light you can...

Play an Illumnian! (RoD!)

With the Phantom Spark (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Phantom_Spark,all) Flaw!

Be a cleric devoted to the trinity of Sun Gods! Get into ALL THREE of the Radiant Servant of Pelor, Eye of Horus Re, and Morninglord of Lathander prestige classes, netting you a total of a x4 radius to all your light spells and a +2 to their effective spell level!

Buy copious amounts of Sunflowers of Pelor, an optional component from Complete Champion to double the radius of light spells!

Combo the above two with metamagic rods of widen spell to get a whopping x6 radius to all your light spells, and be able to have lightspells which are uncounterable by darkness by having level 11 light spells (Even epic spells only count as 10th!)

Take the initiate of lathander feat! (Champions of Valor) Which lets you cast [light] spells and spells with light in the name spontaneously!

FinalJustice
2008-11-20, 07:56 AM
Since no one said it, I'll say it. Unarmed Swordsage Variant, focus on Desert Wind and refluff your fire to be really hot beams of yellow light.

Pheew, there you go, now this thread looks a little more real. :smallbiggrin:

D Knight
2008-11-20, 10:41 AM
cleric of Palor who is also a Radient servant of Palor that guides the souls of the lost and fallen back to heaven

Vorgen
2008-11-21, 10:14 AM
damn you guys are good. I've definitely got my work cut out for me:

To qualify to become a master of radiance, a character must fulfill all the following criteria. - 5 levels for radiant auras 3x per day

Alignment: Any nonevil
Skills: Knowledge (nature) 8 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 5 ranks.
Spells: Able to cast daylight as a divine spell.

To qualify to become a radiant servant of Pelor, a character must fulfill all the following criteria: - 1 level for Radiance

Alignment: Neutral good.
Base Save Bonus: Will +5.
Skills: Heal 5 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 9 ranks.
Feat: Extra Turning.
Spells: Able to cast 1st-level divine spells and access to the Sun domain.
Special: Must have Pelor as patron deity.

To qualify to become an eye of Horus-Re, a character must fulfill all the following criteria: - 1 level for Radiance again

Alignment: Lawful good.
Region: Mulhorand.
Skills: Knowledge (religion) 9 ranks, Spot 4 ranks.
Feats: Alertness, Extra Turning.
Spellcasting: Able to cast 3rd-level divine spells.
Domain: Sun

To qualify to become a Morninglord of Lathander, a character must fulfill all the following criteria. - 4 levels for another Searing Ray

Alignment: Any good.
Skills: Craft (any) 4 ranks, Diplomacy 7 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 8 ranks, Perform (any) 2 ranks.
Feat: Improved Turning
Spells: Able to cast 3rd-level divine spells, one of which must be daylight.
Patron Deity: Lathander

that's 11 levels sunk into those classes so I guess I have 9 levels to prepare to qualify for all of them. Thank gods Illumians are interested in multi-classing and can do so without penalty. I'd have to be an Illumian cleric from some place in Mulhorand who worships both Pelor and Lathander, change my alignment from Lawful Good to Neutral Good over the course of my adventures, and train a lot of cross-class skills.

Heliomance
2008-11-21, 10:30 AM
If you stop meeting the requirements of PrCs, you stop gaining its benefits. PrCs are mean like that.

Clearly, this build needs to include levels in Bard, Snowflake Wardance, and ranks in Perform (Breakdance)

Starbuck_II
2008-11-21, 11:44 AM
Hey guys, I have a really odd question. For some reason that I cannot fathom, I really love this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy9_qZGwNKg

Its a catchy tune, you must admit. But due to my continuing insanity, I can only think of one thing whenever this song plays. I always envision a very specific fight scene montage, where a Monk of the Sun Soul is bright, shining, and kicking fistfuls of ass in a dark evil labyrinthine place while singing this song at the top of his voice. Don't ask me why I do, it just is.

However, I realize that Monks of the Sun Soul might not be the most likely characters in the DnD universe to have pockets full of sunshine, and I'd like to amend my mental montage theater with a more appropriate character class if it is at all possible. So, could you guys tell me, which DnD character class, past or present, would be most likely to have pocketfuls of sunshine which they would use to kick liberal amounts of evil ass?

edit: I envision sunbeams emanating from his hands. Who can do that? Also, its gotta be someone who is full to the brim of life, energy, vitality, so much so that the dank evil labyrinth doesn't get them down, in fact their vital cheer and happiness completely transforms the environment, just as their offensive invasion is transforming the faces of the monsters they are pummeling. (i.e. melting them.)

Shadow Sun Ninja?

skywalker
2008-11-21, 01:58 PM
Skip Horus-Re, and devote the leftover levels to more Radiant Servant and Morninglord levels. Morninglords kick ass, IMO.

Vorgen
2008-12-02, 09:00 PM
Clearly, this build needs to include levels in Bard, Snowflake Wardance, and ranks in Perform (Breakdance)

I totally agree. I'm looking them up now. A breakdancing, shining, bard-cleric that kicks evil in the face while doing a handstand and humming to himself is UNSTOPPABLE.