View Full Version : FFTA2 Help

Texas Jedi
2008-11-20, 10:46 AM
I need help with a couple of quests in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2.

I need help with a quest called An Earnest Delight. I have tried it several times and failed every time. I run out of time doing the quest myself. I also can't seem to find out what class to send for the Goug area. My party is all around mid 50's in level and I can get any class in the game.

The second quest is Wall of Flame. It says in the rules to endure 3 rounds of attacks. I first thought it meant surviving 3 rounds while killing the bombs. I easily fended them off but still failed the mission. I guess it means to not fight back and stand there and take it.

Enlong
2008-11-20, 11:07 AM
I've yet to comlete Earnest Delight myself, but here's what you do: you get the job from Goug, complete the two portions of the mission on that continent, and then go into your quest log and Dispatch clanmates for the other areas. If they're high leveled enough, they should be able to successfully complete the mission.

Texas Jedi
2008-11-20, 11:27 AM
Thanks Enlong when I get back to Goug I will try that strategy.

Update on Wall of Flame. I just stood there for 3 rounds and let the bombs attack me. I still failed the mission.

Zeful
2008-11-20, 02:34 PM
You could send in a character with curaga and simply heal your self every round. I'm guessing that you have to beat the mission with full health.

Texas Jedi
2008-11-20, 02:58 PM
You could send in a character with curaga and simply heal your self every round. I'm guessing that you have to beat the mission with full health.

I had the regenaga clan power on. I barely got hit anyways.

BTW Thanks Enlong your suggestion worked.

Zeful
2008-11-20, 03:15 PM
Okay then, start the mission post the exact objective and what the law is. I'm out of ideas.

Texas Jedi
2008-11-20, 03:18 PM
The background is you are holding off some bombs so a group of mages can get together to fight them back. That happens offscreen.

Endure the attacks for 3 rounds.

Ice is forbidden.

I attacked them and failed. They keep respawning after you kill them. I was using an illusionist and a seer and killing about 3 to 4 everytime either of them attacked.

I stood their and took my beating like a man and still failed. I never attacked any of them but counter and other reactive abilities came into play.

Fiery Diamond
2008-11-20, 03:25 PM
I know the answer!

No, seriously, I know the answer. You have to keep the bombs from progressing past a certain location on the map, but I'm not entirely sure where that location is, so here's my suggestion - this is how I did it. Slow/stop the bombs continuously, destroying them when they get to close, and then slowing/stopping the new bombs that appear. At your current level, it should be pretty easy to do.

Texas Jedi
2008-11-20, 03:37 PM
Thanks for that.

They could have been a little more clear in the quests instructions.

I also have another question about a quest.

It is called Wanted: Combatants.

You have to pick out the right person for the job. I tried a fighter first and failed. I have to wait another year to get the quest and I really don't want to fail it again. I was going to go with a gladiator but I didn't.

Does anybody know what class goes to finish the quest.

tonberrian
2008-11-21, 01:02 PM
I think Combatants needs a White Monk.

Texas Jedi
2008-11-24, 03:44 PM
How can I get a random encounter? I have tried going back in forth from one area to another to get one, and have never been successful. I need to get a Red Chocobo and I need a quest to do it in. I have completed most of the quests all of the up to the ritual. Is there a quest that can be done multiple times with a Red Chocobo in it?

I can't seem to remember there being one but I have been playing this game off and on for several months and can't remember that far back.

Oregano
2008-11-24, 03:45 PM
Random Encounters appear in different places in different months, I can't really remember where to get a Red Chocobo but they're near Goug and you should have a notice about it somewhere.

Texas Jedi
2008-11-24, 03:48 PM
Yeah I know that it appears in Goug and Kathil Sands during several months. I have gone back and forth during the months that they should appear with no success. Is there a to get them to show up easier?

Oregano
2008-11-24, 03:49 PM
Not that I know of sadly, it appears to be completely random.

Texas Jedi
2008-11-24, 03:55 PM
Darn it. I guess this adds to my frustration. It is that frustration that makes this game not as appealing as FFTA.

Don't get me wrong it is a great game but it just isn't as enjoyable as the first one.

I liked the strategy of the first one because of the iron clad laws. I liked having lots of characters for several different types of fights. I liked the fact that most of the monsters and random battles leveled with you.

My chars are currently around 55+ and half of the time I kill most of the enemies before they seriously hurt me.

Oregano
2008-11-24, 03:59 PM
I prefer it to FFTA for everything except random battles(I liked battling random clans), although having law cards was fun in FFTA.

I think FFTA2 is a lot harder than FFTA, and scaling enemies is a double edged sword because sometimes weaker units can't keep up and sometimes the enemies a bit too powerful in my opinion.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-24, 04:03 PM
I dislike scaling enemies greatly. And I agree, the game is harder then FFTA.

Scaling enemies from an out of game sense makes it so there are less types of monsters in the world and really...when I am level 90 and the same rat is giving me a problem as it was at level 6...I am not at all interested in the fight anymore. And thats part of what tactics is about.

Texas Jedi
2008-11-24, 04:10 PM
I guess I just see things differently. I just remember having to come up with strategies in the first one because of the laws. In this game I can disregard the laws because for the most part I can maul over everthing the AI can throw at me.

The only level that I would consider difficult is the Brightmoon Tor levels and that is because the enemies spam an attack and almost cheat. That was the only level where I had to actually think about before attacking.

Most of the levels are just walk up behind the enemy with Ninja Tabi and hit them in the back with either Magic Frenzy (with dual wield) or double cast some summon spell and obliterate them all so quick they won't know what hit them.

Heck the only monsters that I actually hate playing are the fluffy bunnies. Any other monster and they drop so quick I never last more than 3 rounds.

EDIT: Does anybody know an end game level with a Red Chocobo?

BTW how many new areas can you get with the Odd Places quest. I currently have I think 3. I have the one in Neslowe Passage, the one in Kathil Sands, and the one in Goug. I think there is one in Sant D'asla Bluff but there was only 3 wells the last time I did the quest.

A Rainy Knight
2008-11-24, 04:26 PM
I think you can find a red chocobo in the "Of A Feather" monster battle near Goug. Also, there's apparently some random chance it'll show up as the "Red Demon Bird," be level 99, and give you a trinket to summon a scion with when you kill it. It shows up more often if you do the "Rancher's Request" missions. More info than you asked for, right? :smallbiggrin:

Texas Jedi
2008-11-24, 04:52 PM
I think Combatants needs a White Monk.

That was correct. Thanks for the help!

tonberrian
2008-11-24, 05:03 PM
Not a problem, citizen. Always glad to assist.

And as for Odd Places, I think that you can get 4 places, but there are two different wells that go to two different places in Neslowe Passage. There is a well near each set of monsters - the lower left, the upper left, the lower right, and the upper right.

Texas Jedi
2008-12-04, 12:30 PM
First of all I want to thank you all for your help in the game. I need to ask another question though?

How many total quests are there? I have done 298 and I have beaten the game.

I can't seem to figure out how to get more quests. I have done all of the Duel Horn missions. I have completed the Chocobo Line. I have completed all of the Heritor quests. I also have completed all of the Wanted: quests. I have done all of the cups as well.

I guess I can say I don't have any open quests left. I have not beaten the brightmoon tor 3 yet so I don't know if that is quest. I also read a bunch of notices after defeated the Magick Weapons. They don't seem to do anything.

Oregano
2008-12-04, 12:42 PM
There's about 300, so you might be finished, check your quest board for any open places.

Texas Jedi
2008-12-04, 12:50 PM
Thats the thing there are plenty of open spaces. Does Ezel have a bigger quest involved after giving him so many ethers?