PDA

View Full Version : To Make a World - God Game

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-20, 11:23 AM
You wake up. Its complete darkness. If it wasn't for your godly abilities you probably couldn't see anything. Only gods exist now, but the world is yours to create.

Aergoth
2008-11-20, 11:37 AM
A dry voice coalesces from a thousand endless whispers. "It begins." A formless hand reaches out through the darkness and a tiny spark appears, and is extinguished in the blink of an eye, giving no light to anything beyond it's limited range. "So short." The voice emanates from the darkness. "Who will be the first?"

Greystone
2008-11-20, 11:46 AM
Pravus awakened.

She blinked a looked around "My...so this is the beginning?"

She stands and looks down, seeing she stands on nothingness "This will not do" she shakes her head and moves her hand. Land sprung up beneath her. It was flat, and grey.

She frowned, knowing that creation was not her forte...instinctually. With a wave of her hand, a large couch (similar to the Roman coach) of black iron and dark green satin.

She reclined on the couch and waited for someone to create and expand on the land beneath her.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-11-20, 11:56 AM
Average Joe

Joe opened his eyes.
There was no lightning.
No explosions.
No bright light.
Not even cheap special effects.
Just an average Joe becoming self-aware.
He blended perfectly in the background.

Good Ol' Joe looked around. He stared at the other gods. How bizarre! He then looked down - does up and down even make sense in the Void? Anyway, he gazed upon the plain, lifeless land. Was there more to it than what he was seeing?

"All this is so absurd", he said.

Greystone
2008-11-20, 11:59 AM
Pravus glances upwards, a smirk playing about her lips "Absurd? My dear God, this is glorious. No restrictions at all"

Dorizzit
2008-11-20, 12:02 PM
Another entity appeared. It felt around itself, thinking. It felt strange, to exist, to think. He- for he had felt more kinship to being a male -quickly crafted a form around himself to reflect that which was in his mind. A beautiful human, clad in armor, a shining blade at his side. He looked around. Other entities were coming into existence around him, but it was dark. The entity needed a to name itself. Arturus. Yes. That would work. Arturus looked around him. It was dark. This wouldn't do. He focused into himself, and from his being brought forth a source, a mighty sphere of flame and light to illuminate the world. But it was not just light. It was harsh, casting back shadows and nearly blinding those that looked at it. It was a sharp light. A Light altogether to powerful. But Arturus basked in it, for he felt affinity to Light and didn't notice the pain it caused some of the other beings. Perhaps another would give it more aspects.

((Just a note, no one other than Armin should make any changes to the sun))

Kaiser Omnik
2008-11-20, 12:08 PM
Average Joe

Joe was blinded by the light and turned away.

"Hey, watch where you are aiming that thing."

Joe conjured a large straw hat on his head.

"I just hope people can live on this grey land someday."

Aergoth
2008-11-20, 12:14 PM
Yet. The ancient voice of Thalyl reached out from unbirthed eons, and the shadows around the new-formed land. The elderly man coalesced out of the shadows, spark still floating in the aged hand.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-20, 12:22 PM
We need dreamers, eternity will be so boring without them. Umbra said as she waved her hand and gave the land color, greens and blues mostly, but occasion flares of other color could be seen scattered across the landscape.

Fiery Justice
2008-11-20, 12:28 PM
A speck, the tiniest of living things, formed from the nothingness awoke in the shadow, torn from the shadows by the light. And it knew nothing but hate and disgust, for it saw its fellows and knew in an instant they had awaken it. They had ruined its perfect darkness. And it would make them pay. But for now, the small speck fell to rest on the world and waited. It needed a host to have life of any respectable sort, to make itself known. And to wait was its speciality. To plot and plan, to make in shadows the doom of the world, that was the speck's destiny. And thus was born The Hidden One, The Father of Sickness, The Destroyer.

Aergoth
2008-11-20, 12:30 PM
Even as the green spread, Thelyl stood and it turned brown and became as dust in the air and the seas. Eternity? What do you know of eternity? the Dealer of Souls asked. He turned his gaze upon the sun. The spark grew into a facsimile, a copy, smaller, and less bright. it began to grow, turn red and then, exploded in a ball of incandescent fire. Know that nothing is beyond my grasp. The spark returned. Who will be the first?

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-20, 12:34 PM
Ah, but do I not know of eternity? You may cause all things to decay my lord of rot, but without new growth, new thought, new creation you would be powerless, and I know the hopes, fears and dreams of the future, you will have an interesting existence rot lord, as will the rest of us.

Aergoth
2008-11-20, 12:41 PM
The Dealer of Souls exchanged the spark from hand to hand like a ball, spinning it maniacally through the air. Come then, who will be the first? Little can be done without the least. The spark of life looped and glittered like a tiny gem. It spun through the air around Thelyl and finally came to rest. Choose. The infinite whispers of the voice of the god of death boomed.

Dorizzit
2008-11-20, 12:47 PM
Arturus notices that the sun he created has been destroyed. His awareness expands, and he understands who did it. He snarls at Thelyl. Stretching out a hand, he pulls the fragments of the sun back together, reversing it and finally remaking it, harsher and stronger than ever. Arturus mentally strengthens it, protecting it from such artificial destruction in the future. He turns to Thelyl. "You are not beyond my reach. Do not do that again."

((Sorry))

Aergoth
2008-11-20, 12:49 PM
((I didn't destroy your sun. I destroyed a copy. A facsimile.))

ArlEammon
2008-11-20, 12:50 PM
He focused into himself, and from his being brought forth a source, a mighty sphere of flame and light to illuminate the world. But it was not just light. It was harsh, casting back shadows and nearly blinding those that looked at it. It was a sharp light. A Light altogether to powerful. But Arturus basked in it, for he felt affinity to Light and didn't notice the pain it caused some of the other beings. Perhaps another would give it more aspects.

((Just a note, no one other than Armin should make any changes to the sun))

Lukahn noticed that his brother Arturus had begun the Great Work already. Lukahn began pouring his divine essence into the sun for a powerful source of unique magic the mortals could tap into one day. He poured his energy into the sun until he became tired. Then, he merely sung chants to himself.... Wondering what he would do next.

Dorizzit
2008-11-20, 12:58 PM
Arturus sees that the sharp light of his sun had been dulled by Lukhan's tinkering, but when he looked around he saw the other gods, happier with the softer light. He shrugs to himself, and lets himself drift.

Aergoth
2008-11-20, 01:06 PM
Thelyl looks at the sun, now infused with magic. He looks at the ground around his feet and gathers the dust. One must choose. What will be the first?The Dealer of Souls holds out the single spark of life. The compact must be fulfilled.

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-20, 01:29 PM
Quit prattling on, a voice says snidely, plucking the spark of life from Thelyl's finger. I know the deal. We all know the deal. But look around you - this isn't finished yet. Nowhere near.

The voice comes from a female figure in plate armor, leaning on a halberd and playing the spark of life between her fingers.

We have land, flat and bleak - boring, in other words, but a nice effort.

The woman speaks in a rapid-fire tongue, strange and alien to the gods - and to her as well, except when she had need of it to strike the Deal. Soon, the land shudders and ripples before forcing itself into a curve and filling with stone and molten blood. Cracks the size of continents form in the crust, begging to be filled.

So pacted, she notes idly. I'll be keeping this, Thelyl, until I'm right well ready to use it.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-20, 01:29 PM
I assume you mean the first life? Let it be humans, their dreams could shape a universe even without us.

((The land isn't flat and gray anymore, I gave it color already))

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-20, 01:33 PM
I already volunteered, Dreamer. I'll get to make what I choose. You can do it next if you want, but you know the Deal - nothing new until the First are settled in. Now, quite a few of us have already taken up the mantle of Death. Who will take responsibility for the shades?

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-20, 01:40 PM
That you do lady guardian, I was making a suggestion, nothing more. And which shades do you mean? There are many different shades for each light.

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-20, 01:42 PM
The woman rolls her eyes.

You can call me Ami, Dreamer. We'll all need names some time. And when I say shades, I mean souls, specters, the remnants of lives once lived - dead life, in other words. We're great at the making part, but utter annihilation? Even the Rotted One would have some issues with that. We can't just leave them laying about, getting in the way and pestering us - we have to do something with them.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-20, 01:45 PM
Why not let the mortals choose where their souls go, we each will have a realm in due time, let each mortal soul choose for themselves where to go.

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-20, 01:47 PM
That's irritating and annoying. How would we know who they choose? And how will they get to where they're going without a guide? We can't all be sheperding mortals around constantly. We'd need someone to do it for us, which means one of us must do it.

Ami pauses thoughtfully.

Unless our first children are essentially immortal. We could make them do it.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-20, 01:53 PM
Bah! Make them do it? No, I think not. They should have no fewer opportunities than the mortals we will make afterward, if we make something solely to shuttle souls back and forth then it should be an automaton, not a thinking being, where is the hope in having a single task for all eternity?

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-20, 01:55 PM
Ami smiles, and her fire-opal eyes flash.

So we cut them a deal. Responsibility in exchange for power. Limitation in exchange for freedom. They take care of a few things for us, and in exchange they get a certain - authority, let's call it. As our first children, they will be very close to us already - why not let them have a taste of power in exchange for making our lives easier? The pact is fair.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-20, 01:57 PM
Only so long as there will be no repercussions for refusal, they will still be able to live their lives out as mortals if they decline.

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-20, 02:00 PM
Define 'mortal', Ami retorts mischeviously. Don't fret, Dreamer. I would never make a Deal that couldn't be changed.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-20, 02:07 PM
Mortal as in whatever they would have been created as had you not thought of this deal. Fret? There's no fretting my lady guardian, just covering my bases.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-11-20, 02:15 PM
Average Joe

Joe scratched his head. He didn't understand any of the other other gods. What was that all about? Eternity, contract, shades...such strange words. Joe shrugged and descended on the new planet. He took some stone and fashioned a mould in the shape of a humanoid. Humanoid refered to any creature with at least two arms, two legs a torso and a head that walked upright.

"There. Can you all work with that?"

Earl of Purple
2008-11-20, 02:16 PM
Morphos
Morphos felt himself, and decided to give himself form. So he did. He changed between four, and liked them all, but his favourite, at least for the time being, was that of amorphous blob. He looked upon the ground, and saw it already had some shape and colour. Then he looked into the sky, and saw the Sun. The sun was fine, but Morphos felt that shadows would be easier for espionage to occur, so he crafted the Moon. It was yellow on one side, where it bordered the Sun, but it was actually white, spherical and had a hole right the way through it. He liked it, but not the colour. So he changed it, so the moon was blue, as he prefered that colour. Greetings, I am...Morphos, yes, that is a nice name. Does everybody like my Moon?

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-20, 02:22 PM
Ami laughs quickly at the "man" made by Joe.

You're something, Mediocrity, you're really something. Why don't you just hang back until we've made life, aye?

When Morphos makes the Moon, Ami smiles and begins speaking in that strange language again. This negotiation takes far longer, but when she is done, the goddess smiles.

I like it very much - it has an excellent sense of humor. It'll be doing me a favor later, if you don't mind. It - Ami stops and tilts her head, Sorry, she doesn't want to act without your permission.

Aergoth
2008-11-20, 03:10 PM
With a gesture the Dealer of Souls drew up a single roll of some shimmering parchment. Words appeared on the paper written by an unseen hand. The hand puncuates the bottom of the document with a line of shimmering ink.
The souls...are mine. Thelyl pencuated the sentence by allowing the open page to roll up in his aged, wrinkled hands.
Thelyl looked at the Spark, and then at the mold made by "Joe". It is an adequate making. At the mention of immortals Thelyl draws himself up, his cloak shimmering behind him. No. All things will die, at their appointed time. There will be none free from my grasp. Balance must be maintained. His elderly rasping whispers manage a decent level of indignation and rage. His eyes flash with anger as he spins the dust between his hands into a quill. He looks towards the moon. The quill is returned to the dust from whence it came, which swirls back into a small facimile of the moon, spinning about the green and blue world, and about the sun. It is a fair making. Would you perhaps lend me that hollow in the middle? I would make use of it.

Thelyl's clothing morphed as he turned his back to the Lady Guardian, forming a second face and a pair of hands. As the first placed the scroll in his sleave, the second removed it from his own sleeve and created a quill. How now Guardian. Will you give me custody of the dead? The Contract is written, the deal is fair. I will herd the dead, they will resume life, each in turn. Souls will remain consistent in number.

Fan
2008-11-20, 03:18 PM
From a passing lump of sace dust a being began t form soldifying the dust into a adamantine hard compound that would allow the new being's essence to be held safely within the new shell. The new being was tall, and armoured in a grey metal was many intericate designs speaking of a complexity beyond anything yet witnessed. The something strange happened. The being inisde the armor spoke, but that isn't what was odd until now no one had even noticed that this had been anymore than the passing fancy of a existing god, yet even now they couldn't detect the essence of the being inside the shell.
"Greetings. I'am Bran Grangir. A pleasure to meet you all."

Dorizzit
2008-11-20, 03:21 PM
Arturus looks at the mannequin created by Joe. "An interesting beginning." He pokes around it a bit, and slaps Joe on the back. "Yes, this is a perfect start. I shall make my own contribution, however." He closes his eyes, and a light shines forth from his hand. He places it over the chest of the outline. "There. I have given them their Light, their sense of honor, and justice, and good. It may be balanced by the others, but it shall always be with them."

Fiery Justice
2008-11-20, 03:31 PM
The speck, which was resting presently on the shoe of the huamnoid, scoffed at the idea of a god talking about endings and beginnings and death. A whisper pierced through that god's mind, "Even you? When shall you die? May I destroy you? I would dearly love to. When is the end of you?"

Greystone
2008-11-20, 04:10 PM
Pravus sits in a comfortable silence while the other gods debate and work. The sun and the colors are welcome. She smiles as the mannequin and the moon. She keeps her silence, absorbing all until the the Dealer of Souls speaks. That makes her frown.

"If you will permit me, I too hold sway over the souls of the dead, and the living. If you permit" her face becomes deferential "I shall judge the souls, and the ones that I have touched, have changed...will be mine"

She moves next to Arturus "Here, let me" her necklace glows, and the red leaves and enters the bodies chest, where the heart would be "Let mortals always have morality, and emotions" she looks solemnly at Arturus "Blind Justice may not be the only way.

As the gods watch dark green tendrils leave her hands and infuse the body, wrapping around the heart and light "but before they can find their true potential for good or justice, they must be able to prove it by defeating apathy, conformity, and jealousy. This gives them the power of free will, let them find their own fate"

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-20, 05:33 PM
I lay no claim to souls, but the subconscious, that is mine the Dreamer says as she leans down to the mannequin and put something in its head. Now he will have dreams, have hope and fear and strive to be something other than just life.

Greystone
2008-11-20, 05:46 PM
(heh Mind, body, soul, and heart)

Earl of Purple
2008-11-21, 05:27 AM
Morphos

No, I don't mind. said Morphos, looking at Ami. Morphos then looked at the ground. He likes clay, its shape can be changed easily. He didn't have anything to give to the man, not yet anyway. He then turned to Thelyl, and said I believe that you will have to ask whomever it is that she pointing at Ami ((He wasn't around when Ami named herself)) created. He then turned to Bran Grangir. Hello. My name is Morphos, how do you do, Bran Grangir?Then, he turned to the rest of the gods, and said Does anybody else want another moon, or is it just me?

Fan
2008-11-21, 07:11 AM
The god in a shell walked up to the clay being, and tapped ito nce on its brow, and withthis he bestowed upon them logic, and reasoning. "with these gifts come the sprak of knowldge, and from knwoldge comes understanding. Let it be your guiding light in your darkest hour."
Then turning to the man that spoke to him he said.
"I'am fine although it is a bit drall for me right now. A pleasure to meet you.... Mr.?

Aergoth
2008-11-21, 07:19 AM
Thelyl shrugs. Blending back into himself, he shapes a single mote of blue light, and toys with it a moment, changing it's shape and colour. I give you, mortality and laws. Make you the best of it. Thelyl looks at the first life. It seems... unfinished. Thelyl quickly shimmers seeming to be in two places at once. I think the moon will not have any problems with her new... tenants.. To Pravus the Dealer of Souls speaks next. You will try.

Raz_Fox
2008-11-21, 07:54 AM
Once there was nothing. Then there was the beat, and the beat was his heart, and the beat was his power. He sat back and watched as his... siblings? created the sun and moon and gave glorious color to the world below them.

And then the boring one did them all a favor by creating something to bless. His siblings gave it virtue, which pleased him. They gave it emotions, which pleased him even more. They gave it dreams, knowledge and... laws? No, this wasn't right!

"What do you think you're doing, giving him stuff like 'laws?'" He sighed. "No, he doesn't need restrictions holding him back, he needs freedom - he needs what I can give."

He pulled out several bottles, mixing them carefully in a glass. "Now the base is gonna be pleasure and joy, but I need a lot of luck - this vintage, I think - and let's add true friendship and garnish it with trickery and illusion. There, that should do it!" He grinned as he poured the cocktail all over the humanoid's head, letting it seep into the very core of the humanoid.

"See? That's the kinda stuff you bless a creature with. I'm Ryuii Rvia Sylcor, by and by, but you can call me Ryuii Rvia. Nice to meet y'all. I guess you're my siblings?"

Heliomance
2008-11-21, 07:55 AM
An orb slowly formed from the void, smooth, featureless and perfect. It spoke with a voice undefinable, changing from moment to moment. Sometimes harsh, sometimes soft.

It said, Balance. There must be Balance in all things, and all things in Balance. The land is dry, the light is harsh. This must be changed.

As it spoke, water ran into the world, filling the low places, running from the high. It formed seas, dividing the world into dry and wet. And the colour drank up the water and grew more vibrant.

The sphere moved to the sun, and looked at it. It said, Too much light is not good. The radiance must be tempered by darkness. Similarly, darkness by itself leads to injury. Equal amounts of each.

It pushed the sun, and the sun moved. Slowly at first, it set off on its great journey around the new world, the light moving with it, shadows fleeing before it and chasing after it.

The sphere changed, growing arms and legs similar to Joe's creation. It said, As for this creature, I grant it choice. Some will be good, some will be evil, but in the end it matters not. Each shall be free to walk the path it desires, and over the whole the actions shall conserve the Balance.

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-21, 09:18 AM
For future reference, I'm only mildly irritated; Ami did volunteer to make the first life, and quite frankly, it's not going to be humans.

ENOUGH!

The Lady Guardian's shout - the first display of divine wrath - echoes across the void, and she snatches back the spark.

I volunteered - this is mine to do. Learn patience, you petty little simpletons!

The goddess kneels down with the spark and blows it into the ground. It sinks into the dirt and pulses gently for a moment or two before a single stem grows, ending in a bud.

Don't you dare touch her. She's still growing.

Dorizzit
2008-11-21, 10:12 AM
Arturus turns to Ami and spreads his hands. "There is no need for your ire, my lady. The first is yours, that was the agreement. The shell we work on shall be the one that all of us have investment in. We will wait to give it life. After all" He smiles slightly. "We have all the time in the world."

Raz_Fox
2008-11-21, 10:16 AM
Ryuii Rvia shrugged. "Hey sis, loosen up. You want to make the first living thing? That's fine by me, but don't deny the rest of your sibs the chance to make something of their own. And I don't want something nasty and joyless being the first creation on this planet, so why don't you show me what you're making and let me help out?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-11-21, 10:16 AM
Average Joe

Joe watched the other gods bicker, as usual. He bit into an apple. Oh did I forgot to say he created the first apple? Well, there you have it. He spoke with his mouth full, to the assembled gods and the Lady Guardian in particular.

Heh. You have a big ego. I already feel pity for the creatures who will live on this land. You should be glad that some Normality will exist... Just imagine a world with nothing but extremes.

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-21, 10:37 AM
Ami blows a strand of her hair out of her eyes and whispers to the tiny flower bud. There is a small glow of light within it for a moment, and it then dims.

She's going to be a surprise, Ami says gently. Don't fret overmuch, though - you'll all have your chance to talk to her, and her children. She just needs some time.

Fiery Justice
2008-11-21, 10:49 AM
The Hidden One moved slowly up the body and implanted it with the seeds of his gift, sickness, disease, the doom of all souls.

Aergoth
2008-11-21, 11:04 AM
All of time, and the time after. Thelyl scoops a handful of dust from the air. I will take my leave then, I imagine I won't be needed for some time, and I might feel inclined to... meddle. Thelyl blows the dust towards the plant, letting it hang there, shimmering, before sinking back towards the ground. Do not forget, brother, that freedom is nothing without Laws to temper it. The Dealer of Souls shimmers and begins to become dust on the wind, floating off towards the moon.

((Thelyl didn't actually do anything to the plant, just to avoid unfortunate misunderstandings. It was all smoke and lights really. Trickery is so amusing. He could though, assuming no one minds.))

Dorizzit
2008-11-21, 11:13 AM
Arturus moves away from the group of fledgling dieties. "If you all will excuse me, I must attend to something. I shall return soon enough." Arturus compresses, eventually becoming a single point of light, a tiny speck. It sits there, pulsing softly.

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-21, 11:17 AM
When a goddess of guardians bends her attention to something, she sees - and thus she sees the Hidden One at work, and smiles. Gently, she lifts her foot and presses it to the ground, hard enough to leave a footprint. There is a rippling shudder in the earth, and trees and shrubs and plants of all kinds radiate out from that one, central point, forming a thick forest around her flower. The bud continues to grow, and Ami bends at her knees, resting on her heels over it and leaning on her halberd.

Yes, I promise this will be done soon. And yes, Justice, the Hidden One did something :p Ami's clever, though - just keep that one in mind

Raz_Fox
2008-11-21, 11:22 AM
Ryuii Rvia grins. "Nice, sis. But as most things, it could use a bit of improvement. Don't mind if I do.

Let's see, grapes would be nice. Yeah, grapes. And let's make some barley here - you wouldn't believe what you can make with that stuff. Poppies - don't ask. Honey and berries and all things delicious and appetizing. Let's add some color and taste to all this."

And Ryuii Rvia raises his hand and the beat moves through the plants, and grapes grow, as do wheat and barley, and poppies and berries and all kinds of edible plants.

"How's that, sis?"

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-21, 11:25 AM
Ami smiles at the other god, "Nice enough, I suppose. It's nice when you don't have to do everything yourself."

Aergoth
2008-11-21, 11:45 AM
Flashes of incandescent light begin to emerge from the hole in the moon. Bright bursts of flame and similar things begin to fly out of the hollow. After a moment, it stops, and a pale glow begins to fill the hollow. With a rushing wind and a scattering of dust, the Dealer of Souls reappears. In his hands is a box, of clear crystal, a cluster of lights appears in it, like hundreds upon hundreds of tiny suns, each containing still smaller suns, and so on, onwards until they become too small to see. The box has no perceivable hinge or opening, and is completely transparent crystal, though it looks brittle is apparently unbreakable, and impenetrable.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 03:32 PM
Brogurlax

In the gathering of the gods, something new gathers: a foul stench. An aroma like that of soggy swamplands and a bloated corpse, builds from the faint smell of a rotten egg, to the overpowering, vomit-inducing stench of whole worlds decaying. A form appears, like a maggot born of putrid flesh, into the other gods presence. It dwarfed them mightily, it was huge and corrupt. It's massive skull-like head, two huge curving horns practically curling backward for their age, size, and length, easily the size of any one of the group, lowered itself into their midst. It's rattling breath was like a putrid wind, as it took massive shuddering breaths into it's corpulent but emaciated form. Parasites, beetles, glowing, maggots and others besides, each easily the size of dogs and cats, clung to his form and writhed through his flesh, occasionally falling off of his corpse-like form. Acid dripped constantly from his mouth, bright and green, and lines of glowing acid trickled from seams in his black, scaled hide like cracks of magma in rock. It opened it's mouth, and a voice like the buzzing of a thousand flies, like those that circled the monstrosity, each the size of a cat, but watery like it was spoken from underneath tepid waters, and deep and rumbling as if the crashing of tsunami waves. Well... what ish thish gathering then, that they would not invite ME, Brogurlax, Mashter of decay...

Earl of Purple
2008-11-21, 03:36 PM
Morphos

My name is Morphos. I like shapes, especially changing them, I also like secrets, espionage and I created the Moon, and I think I would like to create another, if nobody minds. Morphos looked around, and saw all the plants and greenness. He also understood the desire to create the life, but he'll leave off for a while until he has seen how it is done. He does, however, know how to make moons, and quite enjoys it, and the sky is quite empty at the moment, with only the Sun and a Moon up there.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-21, 03:38 PM
So far as I know none of us were invited Brogurlax, it isn't our fault that you showed up to the party late.

Fan
2008-11-21, 03:41 PM
Morphos

My name is Morphos. I like shapes, especially changing them, I also like secrets, espionage and I created the Moon, and I think I would like to create another, if nobody minds. Morphos looked around, and saw all the plants and greenness. He also understood the desire to create the life, but he'll leave off for a while until he has seen how it is done. He does, however, know how to make moons, and quite enjoys it, and the sky is quite empty at the moment, with only the Sun and a Moon up there.

"Moons you say? I've always se=n a moon as a goal to strive higher than ever before in hopes of one day reaching it. It is a good thing, and provides a reaching goal for mortals to strive to. I myself am interested in Progress, Metals, am the true God of time, and have other interests that I will leave unmentioned. A true pleasure. I hope to become great freinds with all of you present."

Aergoth
2008-11-21, 03:44 PM
Holding the impermeable box in one hand, Thelyl raises the other sleeve to cover his face from the decaying miasma languishing forth from the mobile corpse before him. That is enough, I think. We can all play the I'm bigger than you, game until the ages turn and we ourselves turn old and grey, so get yourself down to size. You aren't so important that you can't be replaced, rotling. With a gesture from his free hand Thelyl curbs the spread of the rot and decay emenating from the new godling.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 03:51 PM
Brogurlax

The huge dragon spat up something foul that burned away, the rot still oozing from his form, he ignored the first speaker, for his words had been mostly fanfair, and he knew her words to be true. The second however, the old looking one, Brogurlax did not like. His huge head moved straight before him, his sunken dead eyes, milky in their quality, full of cataracts and seeming like they should ooze straight from his head, but still with a sickening green core, bored into the old man. Shpeak not of what you little undershtand creature, you shpeak of true shizes, but I would no more shrink my shize to shpeak with you than you would shrink yoursh to the shpeak to a god of tiny creaturesh. Thish ISH my true size. And do not preshume yourshelf above replacement either old man death. Jusht ash you proclaim I could be replashed, sho could you... Do not forget that in your hubrish. the huge dragon sucked in another rattling breath, and poisonous smoke spewed from his nostrils like noxious vents in the earth, spewing poisons into the air.

Raz_Fox
2008-11-21, 04:01 PM
Ryuii Rvia Sylcor raises a finger to quiet the decaying godling. "Hey, this is a party nobody got invitations to, brotha. Just be glad you found it. And for your information, law-boy, none of us are so important they can't be replaced. Of course, you'd have a hard time trying to find somebody with the sheer charisma and loveability of Ryuii Rvia." Ryuii Rvia winks and gives a big grin.

"As for the party animal himself, he's gonna split. Have fun, cuz I certainly will. I'm gonna take a look around this world and see where I can add some of the signature Sylcor charm. Have fun, y'all!"

Ryuii Rvia raises his hand and lays three fingers upon his cheek. Three fingers that are already fading. His emerald eyes and his smirk are the last things to disappear, as the beat fades with him.

Fan
2008-11-21, 04:11 PM
"Please refrain from squabbling like children. It is most unbecoming of two true gods like yourselves."

Earl of Purple
2008-11-21, 04:12 PM
Morphos

Welcome, Brogurlax, my name is Morphos. I built the Moon, and I really like it. Do you? I think we could do with more, as the sky is quite empty. Then, turning to Bran Grangir, he said I suppose a Moon is a goal to aim for, always seeing if a better one can be created, seeing if the design can be improved and what the best material to make a moon is, as well as the most effective shape.

Aergoth
2008-11-21, 04:16 PM
Oh have off with you. There is nothing dead here for you to corrupt. A motion of his hand sets the box to floating above the first plant. A cascade of dust follows it and sets to floating around the box and its charge, a similar cascade of shimmering dust surrounds the other plants.
The Dealer of Souls suddenly becomes much younger, and winks at the Lady Guardian. Only once mind you.

Greystone
2008-11-21, 04:18 PM
Pravus inclines her head to Thelyl "Indeed I shall"

"Hmmm, if Introductions are necessary you may call me Pravus. and I fully agree with my fellows Rotlord, tone it down...your not impressing anyone."

She turns and walks into the distance through the forest. She stops at a interesting sight. A small piece of wood, shaped similar to Joe's mannequin. She picks it up and looks at it curiously.

The wood is only the size of her hand, her palm. She looked around briefly and smirked quietly to myself. She whispered to the wood.

Its just not knowable...you can read.
"Ah my little one, she believes that first life means something. Well if I am to have my way then nobody will have their way. Things must be fought for" she begins to pour a little power into the wood "I give you life, the power of shadows. My little one, my little Ebonis, you will move unseen in the dark and in the night. Let yourself be known to no one, and only speak to me." She continues her work "You will be the first queen of your people. Proove to me you deserve this honor."

In her hand a small sprite, ink black with Dark green eyes stirs and comes to life, gossamer wings fluttering "I am your servant Mistress"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 04:53 PM
Brogurlax

The ancient dragon sneers, and he snorts at the words of the two gods, acid and poison flying from his nostrils. Pleashe, why don't YOU leave Shoul taker, there ish nothing here for you to bring to the landsh of the dead... and yet you shtay. Do not preshume to command me, or to know better than I the workingsh of decay or corruption. At the words of Pravus he growls, a low threatening sound. What do you know of thish? Your "fellowsh" ish the death god alone. You did not penalize the death god for appearing in the form of an ancient humanoid creature, but I am penalized so for appearing ash an ancient of my kind? I merely took the shape of what I represhent, an agelessh thing that livesh, but decaysh. And your petulant and childlike annoyansh at my appearansh provesh I need not try and impresh you. I do not work to impresh the other godsh, for despite my shize I am no more or lesh powerful than them. I would have thought the godsh above shuch petty jealoushies for the appearansh to which I wash born.

Greystone
2008-11-21, 05:11 PM
(she definatly would of answered THAT before walking away)

A small smirk plays around her lips "I was not commenting on your form, I was commenting on your attitude. Few of us took such a...arrogant outlook on their arrival. I would warn you against calling me childish again"

and with that she walks into the trees.

(Time stream re initiated)

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 05:28 PM
Brogurlax

Brogurlax booming voice reached her even as she left. My arrival wash no more or lesh grandioshe than any of the othersh, your pettinessh merely made you believe it wash sho. I arrived with fanfair perhapsh, but it wash never meant to "impresh" you, nor do I care about shuch thingsh. In the future I need not call you childish, your actionsh and attitudesh mark you ash such without my needing to point it out. And with that Brogurlax took wing, and flew high into the air, gliding effortlessly into the distance, leaving a trail of decay and rot in his path.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-21, 05:36 PM
You might want a different name for your twig, my name is Umbra

Rot wyrm, you strike me as belligerent and more than a little childish yourself, you chide others for being petty and yet respond to their barbs with as much hubris as you accuse them of having. Perhaps if you responded with more civility the rest of us would not be so quick on the assault, verbal as it may be.

also the inability to properly pronounce "s" is 'cause your tongue is rotted out or something and not a welsh accent or something right?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 05:47 PM
You might want a different name for your twig, my name is Umbra

Rot wyrm, you strike me as belligerent and more than a little childish yourself, you chide others for being petty and yet respond to their barbs with as much hubris as you accuse them of having. Perhaps if you responded with more civility the rest of us would not be so quick on the assault, verbal as it may be.

also the inability to properly pronounce "s" is 'cause your tongue is rotted out or something and not a welsh accent or something right?

Brogurlax

From the distance, Brogurlax sent back an answer, more reasoning and less angry than his retorts to the other two. I act no lesh belligerent than they, and far lesh childish. I reshpond in kind to their barbsh and offenshes. I take offensh from their shtatementsh, lesh because of their shtatementsh themshelves for they are wrong, but becaush they are petty, and think themshelvesh better than me, for one reashon or the other. I do not take kindly to their arrogansh toward me. I would reshpond in shivility if it wash called for, and it ish called for when othersh show me proper reshpect firsht. They may be godsh, but sho am I. I shpeak to you not with beligerransh, but reashon, becaushe though your commentsh are shomewhat biting, they are not wholly untrue, and they do not show arrogansh or dishreshpect merely becaush I arrived, willingly or not, in the way that I did.

It's a combination of that, and the constant acid that drips from his mouth like saliva

Greystone
2008-11-21, 05:51 PM
"And you shall be named...Ebonis

Aergoth
2008-11-21, 06:22 PM
Has anyone noticed the moon recently. I've made something of an improvement. Not to cheapen your work brother, but perhaps I should explain before I tell you what the contents of the box. Thelyl gestured at the moon. Hmm... You can't see if from here, but that hole is filled. Almost. There were... problems. Several motes of dust trail towards the Dealer of Souls, and form the moon. The hole in the center had a glowing ball of light in the middle. The light fluoresces through several different colours as it spins, but several sections of it do not spin, or change colours, they radiate out from the center of the orb like spokes on a wheel. Call it... a gift. Like that Thelyl points at the box and the shimmering aura around it and the plants. It's a little out of character, but these should live, for all time. You know, I never liked the shape of that box. Thelyl waves his hand at the box and it shifts into a large prism, still holding the light in the middle. Better. Regardless. It's a... portal for lack of a better word. A place for the contents of that box to go, eventuall. These plants will thrive here enternally, untouched by anything that I could reap the benefits of. That box will slowly but surely break up until the souls inside are released. Call it a countdown. The world will need to be ready for life by the time that box is gone. With that, the Dealer of Souls returns to his working. His voice however remains. By the way, don't try to tamper with the box.

Dorizzit
2008-11-21, 06:58 PM
The spark containing Arturus expands, revealing the young Diety in all of his knightly splendor. He is a bit out of breath, and his armor has lost some of its sheen. He shakes his head lightly, as if trying to clear it. "There, it is done."

Vossik
2008-11-21, 07:57 PM
And elderly looking man spoke for the first time.

Pah! You call their actions childish, but what are we new gods but children? He looked at the other gods handy work.
In order to sustain that which we create we will need much more water than these shallow puddles provide.

With that he willed the seas deeper so that they could support both life above and below.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-11-21, 08:02 PM
Average Joe

Joe stared at the other gods.

"I think I'll take a nap. Wake me when this world is ready. Zzzzzzzz"

Gourtox
2008-11-21, 08:23 PM
Prithuhara

I don't think anyone has red, but I could be wrong.

A dull blob appears, but quickly changes into a form much like Joe's manquin, but bigger, green, and with sharp teeth.
"Greetings fellow beings, I am Prithuhara god of Darkness, Destruction, War, and Necromancy, the art of raising the dead. It seems this world is taking place. There is too much light and not enough dark, but that can be changed in due time. I beleive the floor is open for creation, right?"

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-21, 08:43 PM
All of this concern with life and death, there is more to existence than whether or not you have a pulse you know. I think it's time to add some variety to this world. And with that the landscape was changed once again, flowers bloomed from the fields, beaches and cliffs formed where the land met the sea and clouds formed in the skies.Still a bit uniform for my tastes, but it's a start.

Dorizzit
2008-11-21, 08:58 PM
Arturus, who seems fairly recovered now, walks towards the earth. "Hm...what can I add..." He closes his eyes, and raises his hands towards the blossoming planet. Vast fields bloom around the world, tall plants in all different shades of white and yellow, some useful to the races that would eventually inhabit the land, some that would hinder them, and others that would simply exist.

Vossik
2008-11-21, 09:00 PM
Magrum sighed and began creating aquatic plants, seaweed was his first creation and he was proud of it.

Gourtox
2008-11-21, 09:05 PM
Prithuhara

"Destuction and creation always intermingled.' he says creating a volcano island off the coast of the mainland with two other large islands around it."And as for darkness." he says raising three interconnected mountains out of the gound with the tallest in the middle.
We need a map(I'll try to make one on inkscape). Also for the mountain and volcano as long as they are okay.

Aergoth
2008-11-21, 09:17 PM
With a wave of his hand from the surface of the mon, one final burst of light emanates from the now filled hole. Thelyl sets a second, much smaller moon spinning about the first. Upon this, the Dealer of Souls caused a single tower to rise, a pinacle, a single beacon guiding souls onwards.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-21, 10:10 PM
Brogurlax

The Bog King decided that it was time to bring the prime places of decay to this world. He descended upon a forest, fairly close the seas. With his arms and claws he created great furrows in the lands, uprooting trees and creating holes and channels in the ground. He continued doing this, until the whole of the forest he had descended in was fashioned in this way. He then cut a channel from the seas into the furrows. Quickly the wholes and pathways began to fill with water, and he the roots grow thick around the entrance, so the water would be filtered of all salt, creating fresh water. The swamps were beginning to take form. Next, he took all the uprooted trees, and decayed them rapidly. He sprinkled their remains over the newly forming swamp, fertilizing it and making it ripe for his own brand of decay. He changed all the trees, to better reflect their new environment, they grew tall and soon the sun was quickly blocked out, leaving scant light to be seen.

From his body, maggots and parasites fell, some pupated into huge hideous bugs, others burst releasing swarms of smaller creatures, both would quickly reproduce and spread. Among these were leeches, mosquitoes, dragonflies and more. Half of the flies buzzing around his form departed, spreading over the swamp. All over the forming swamp Brogurlax took some of his scales, and shaped them int a rough ovoid shape. He placed them all over the swamp. They would hatch and become the first Black Dragons. They would know instinctively how to survive from him, and would much as he did, and they would all pass some of these traits and their accumulated knowledge onto their children in time, and so on. Next, he created crocodiles, huge and massive, and placed them all over the swamp, as well as many swamp-birds and other sorts of animals, as well as swamp-fish.

And so with his massive swamp quickly forming, Brogurlax went into the deep center, and alighted into the water. He sunk, until only the top of his head was showing, like some great undead crocodile. And he waited.

ArlEammon
2008-11-21, 10:15 PM
Lukahn
]Lukahn began to fashion energy from the manna to create massive city, with thousands of new beings made in his likeness. Infinitesimal in power compared to him, these beings would be known as the Solar. The Solar city of Alonos hung between the new world and the Sun.. and would be protected by extreme magic by being so close to the Sun. Here, Alonos would intercede for Lukahn while he was busy.

Gourtox
2008-11-21, 10:26 PM
Prithuhara

Prithuhara makes a Lupine like creature and soreads him across the planet in varying colors, sizes, and behavior although they all are abit aggressive and some are very aggresive.
If this is too early for Sentients I'll save them for later.Prithuhara goes near his newly created mountains and makes creatures like himself with an inate love of war and destruction. These creatures he calls Orcs and begins to make a tribal system for them. Once he is finished he creates giant, doclice spiders under there protection for food and clothing, but also makes vicous wolves that hunt the spiders under Orc care and spiders not under Orc care.Saved

Vossik
2008-11-21, 10:39 PM
Magrum

The sea god begins creating all manner of sea creatures.

Honestly I think it is too early, though I don't want to be left behind because I went offline without posting mine. Same as above I will remove if others think it is too early.
SAVED FOR LATER
The other gods have begun creating their own races. he decided to follow suit. The Murkers are mammals, they were adapt at life above and below water, excluding the ability to breathe out of water. They are long, slender, and green with white bellies. They had flat heads and long arms, their faces were similar to those of catfish though they lived in saltwater.

Greystone
2008-11-21, 11:11 PM
Technically, I have made only a sprite, one so far. I thought since it was small it would be easy to make. If not correct me

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-21, 11:33 PM
Umbra watched as the other gods went out and made their creatures, and knew that soon they would dream and her realm would form of its own accord, she would shape her own dreamheart from this realm, but it would be mortals that created it, and so long as mortals dreamed it would be maintained.

The only sentients I could really think of that Umbra would create would be humans, but since they seem to hold some kind of special place in most mythologies (egotistical folk that we are) I figured I'd hold off until I could think of something else, but if no one minds I'll go ahead and make them

Dorizzit
2008-11-22, 07:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that the mannequin everyone is contributing to is going to be humans. Also, we don't even know if LG is done yet, so be patient.

Earl of Purple
2008-11-22, 08:04 AM
((I think we should wait for the souls to be released before we create sentient creatures))

Morphos

So, life and terrain was being created. Well, there were still places largely untouched by the gods, so Morphos descended into a desert, with no life in it at all, and created a strange creature that resembled himself ((it's an ooze, they don't have fixed shapes and therefore can change them)), one that could photosynthesise, but only light from the Moon. I don't mind what you have done to the moon, I would like some day to create the perfect moon, so any improvements are welcome, as long as I can incorporate them later on. said Morphos to Thelyl.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 11:55 AM
Yeah, the box was kind of a way to keep us all from meddling around with sentients BEFORE we got oh you know... any kind of animals. AT ALL. You can try making sentients all you want until time turns and you turn black in the face but they'll just be degenerates. They'll be soulless and lack any kind of brain beyond "Eat, Sleep, Mate". I think it was rather clever of me, since I'd rather like the world to be slightly plausible. We've got our plants, our vaguely flat world with water, swamps are doing well, and one creature (Yes, the sprite is exempt because it's not important enough to need a soul. And you don't expect it to worship you.) That being said, dragons are kind of different, I've got nothing 'gainst dragons. Dragons are probably exempt from the whole "needs a soul" deal by virtue of being that magic. When do we get an OOC thread by the way. This is getting rediculous.
@ Armin, the whole solars deal bugs me by the way. I mean really bugs me. That was way to short of a time to build an entire city, and then fill it with people. We have avatars for intercession by the way, and what exactly would you need to intercede with? I'm not touching the sun until it runs it's course, and good old Ami would probably feel completly frazelled if the whole evil plan thing went up there, you could honestly spend a few years watching the sun and nothing would happen. Try animals?.

Thelyl watches the endevors of his siblings from his small tower, those that attempt to create some semblance of life fail without the souls locked away.
He turns his eyes towards the black sky, and sighs. That's just a little too empty. Putting his work aside, Thelyl returns to visit Arturus. Brother, I have a commision for you. Call it a deal. I'll leave your precious sun a few extra centuries, but I've got a problem. Have you looked up? No? I can understand why. It's rather boring. You couldn't perhaps do something about that? All you have do, Thelyl produces a scroll and quill from nowhere, his appearence changing and growing younger at a stroke, is sign, and put some more lights up there. I know you can do the later, and it won't cost you a thing but time. Do try to vary the colour mind you. That yellow thing really grates on my nerves some times and I'd hate to have to tamper with your handy-work after the fact. Thelyl proffers the scroll and quill to Arturus.

Dorizzit
2008-11-22, 12:08 PM
Arturus looks at Thelyl and thinks for a minute. He casts his gaze upwards, towards the heavens, and then back to his sibling. He takes the quill and signs his name. "Very well. This I shall do, and in exchange my sun will shine for longer. However, where my sun shines upon the earth, those inhabiting it will be unable to see these smaller lights. Our deal is made." Arturus turns his attention to the sky, and begins making first hundreds, then thousands of different stars, in numerous colors and sizes. This done, he ***** his head to the side and thinks for a second before reaching out a hand, rearranging some of the stars into pictures. Constellations. That's what I'll call these pictures.

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-22, 12:34 PM
You turn your back for one day and everyone goes off making life...

Oh, and you don't necessarily need souls for sentience; the view that such a thing is necessary is distinctly Judeo-Christian. Ami's child? Soulless.

By the by, Ami already rounded the world - see my earlier posts. The language she speaks when striking deals isn't a special tongue; she's been firing off in the language of the things themselves. You'll notice it change later.

Ami whispers a pair of words, and the moon begins to turn on an axis, spinning slowly at first, and then moving faster and faster. The land buckles, pulled by lunar attraction, and the other gods get a distinct feeling of power - of their sister bending all of her divine will to a single task. Something cracks, deep in the rock of the planet, and it seems as if the pathetic, finite world must buckle under the strain it is under.

Then it stops.

There are a few moments of utter silence, where everything hangs in the balance, and then the world goes crashing back down, sending tiny waves of rock and soil through the newborn world. In front of Ami, the flower opens, revealing a lithe, female form with dragonfly wings and short, red hair. It flits up to Ami's hand and alights on one outstretched finger, and beneath it, the flower that birthed it releases a flood of pollen.

Welcome to life, Ami says gently. It's nice to meet you.

Earl of Purple
2008-11-22, 12:58 PM
((hope nobody minds strange moons))

Morphos
Morphos felt the power and saw his Moon start to rotate around the planet. He realised that it probably was a good idea for the moon to rotate. Moving away from the desert, he saw some trees, approached and examined them. Looking at the sky, which was still relatively barren, he took a tree and changed it. Now it was a cube, about the same size as the first moon, and he placed it in orbit and set it around the planet too, only this one went from North to South, and it went behind the other moon. Now, I wonder how well a cubical wooden moon works... better or worse than a round one. Morphos mused to himself. He hadn't changed the tree's colour, but it was no longer alive.

((I had planned for the first moon to be a cube, but thought it wouldn't work so well with the hole))

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 01:15 PM
Done and done! Thelyl turns his gaze to the sun, shielding his eyes from it momentarilly. The Dealer of Souls glares at the sun, altering it somewhat quaintly, dimming the heat a little as well as the light. That should at least a century or two to it's life. Thelyl's form falls to dust in a cascade, and blows away. The Dealer of Souls floats across the face of the world, arriving at Prithura's mountain range. Hello brother. I've got a bequest of you. We've got all these wonderful lights, but I doubt anyone down here will see them. What we need is a little bit more darkness. I'll stave off killing your childrens' children, but in exchange I need you to deepen the darkness for part of the day, perhaps less than half of the turning. Do we have an agreement? The still young Dealer of Souls produced a second contract and quill and proffered them to Prithura. Thelyl looked at the now rotating moon. How quaint. My home is mobile?

Kaiser Omnik
2008-11-22, 01:19 PM
Average Joe

Joe was unable to sleep. Everyone was making so much noise! So he descended on the flat world and walked to a far away place: grassfields and gentle, rolling hills. The sight was appeasing to a simple man like Joe. He then created a wooden house for himself. It was a simple, ranch-style house. Happy with his work, Joe went inside where he found a comfy bed. He laid on the bed and closed his eyes.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=Lord_Gareth;5338720]You turn your back for one day and everyone goes off making life...

Oh, and you don't necessarily need souls for sentience; the view that such a thing is necessary is distinctly Judeo-Christian. Ami's child? Soulless.
((I'm interpreting it in the case of a magic bullet method to sentience. Gods derive their power from belief. Right, so we can go on for a while without it aye? Or with primatives. but really sallient, sentient beings there? That's like Grade-A worship material right there.

Gourtox
2008-11-22, 01:39 PM
Prithuhara

"Very well Theyl. I will accept your deal." he says signing the contract. He waves his hand summoning darkness to cover a little less than half the planet at all times, the opposite side that the planet that the sun is shining on. Turning back to Thelyl he says, "It needed more darkness anyway. I hope that is adequate."

Lord_Gareth
2008-11-22, 01:48 PM
((I'm interpreting it in the case of a magic bullet method to sentience. Gods derive their power from belief. Right, so we can go on for a while without it aye? Or with primatives. but really sallient, sentient beings there? That's like Grade-A worship material right there.

Demon never said we needed worship, so until he says otherwise, I'll assume we don't. In any event, Ami's child isn't Tinkerbell; she's more along the lines of Irish faeries, or maybe something out of C:tL - amoral, not evil. That's the thing about being soulless *grin*

Greystone
2008-11-22, 02:05 PM
Odd, my first creation was practically the same thing...I sense something will happen soon

Pravus stops moving as the sky suddenly is filled with stars and the moons begin to move. She smiles "All is being put in place...this will be a fine time indeed."

The Ebonis establishes her first hive, taking the name of her race as her own name. The Hive is in a dark part of the forest, right next to a swamp, where insects and hiding places are bountiful.

Pravus looks around and with a wave of her hand the first birds appeared "Let your songs brighten the world, as much as the sun and flowers"

She walks back to the clearing with the souls, she begins to examine the box, looking for a way to crack it open. For some of those are rightfully hers.

sidhe_blooded
2008-11-22, 02:08 PM
While they might not need souls why don't we just as players agree not to create entire races until the world is a bit more formed-it seems a little early to me (hence why I asked before I created something :smalltongue:). I mean we really don't have much animal life and I've never heard of vegetarian orcs.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 02:43 PM
Tamper if you'd like. The consequences are all yours. It is by the way a solid box of divine force. It doesn't have a lid, and it will slowly but surely weaken until it is read to break.
And done! A pleasure doing business with you. Thelyl becomes a cascade of dust once again, and returns to his moon.

Greystone
2008-11-22, 03:05 PM
I'll stop expanding the Ebonis. They can eat birds and insects, and buries Just so ya'know.

"I wasn't tampering, I was merely examining your....fine handi-work" Pravus sets down the box carefully.

Gourtox
2008-11-22, 03:21 PM
Prithuhara

Prithuhara leaves his mountians to go find Morphos in some trees."Greetings Morphos, I have come to make a request of you. I hear you are very good with moons and I would like one for myself. I'm not sure what I could do for you, but I'm sure we could find something." he says smiling.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 06:10 PM
@Greystone stuff in the spoiler was all out of character. Just so you know. Like this is now

High above the world, now hovering between the spinning moon and the world below, Thelyl sighs and returns to his handiwork. Before him are thousands upon thousands of sheets of parchment hang in the air, invisible scribes with unseen quills writing dozens upon dozens of names in the all-tongue. Thelyl raises one hand and one by one, the scratching of quills ceases. From where he stands, the Dealer of Souls opens the empty covers of the book in front of him, and the pages begin to pour into it, affixing themselves to the spine of the immense tome. After a few moments the whispering of papers stops and Thelyl shuts the book with a muffled thud and steps away. As he does, the book begins to float behind him. Oh well. Alright then. You can come too. The suddenly young god says to the Book of Names.

Dorizzit
2008-11-22, 08:21 PM
Arturus, finished with his other tasks, ponders the world for a moment. He sees the other gods making various animals, and thinks. He taps the side of his chin for a few seconds, thinking about what he could add. An idea pops into his head. Perfect. Arturus waves his hand over the plains, and a herd of new beasts arise from it. They prance about before rocketing forward, running simply for the sake of being alive. I shall name you...horses.

Aergoth
2008-11-22, 10:06 PM
Thelyl returns to the mountains, looking at the creatures created by Prithura. It is good, brother. Your children's children will die less than others, and so they will be many. Thelyl turns to look at two of the creatures fighting. They do seem inclined to fighting though. I believe I will have to deal with quite a few of these at a time. Do try to keep from an extinction event. They are so very messy.

Raz_Fox
2008-11-22, 10:46 PM
Ryuii Rvia slowly reappears over Thelyl's shoulder. "Hey, brother. I've added my signature to the world, if you will, but I can't seem to create something with enough soul to really enjoy themselves. What do I find before me when I hunt them down but a box created by you, imprisoning all the souls.

Y'know, I'd love to believe that you have enough brotherly love to give your brother two souls to create a pair of Sylcor's masterpieces. But I know you, and I'm willing to make a deal.

If I can get two souls from that box, I can keep 'em. If I can't, I'll wait until everybody's had a chance to get their souls before making my stuff. Whadda ya say?"

ArlEammon
2008-11-22, 11:18 PM
"Lukahn shined upon the world with great power, his eyes carving a mighty encasement of crystal into the earth... full of the power of the sun. Then, with his mighty hand, he imbaued the power of the earth with life.... Within centuries a race of fully wise folk would come from the earth."

Greystone
2008-11-23, 12:01 AM
I did birds already...

Aergoth
2008-11-23, 05:00 PM
The older Thelyl turns to see Rvia standing behind him. That box, Thelyl begins. His old voice rasps like dried sheets of parchment or scales. is there for a reason. Tamper with it at your own peril. I will not confound my own words by going back on them. The Roll of Names hovering over Thelyl's right shoulder suddenly snaps open, revealing glimmering text in the all-tongue that changes every moment. Yes, yes, I know what time it is. Confounded... give something a trace of sentience and it seems to think it knows what's best. Why not go make something that swims? You can surely find better ways to occupy yourself than bothering me. Time knows I could. With a gesture the Roll of Names snaps shut again and turns to dust along with it's master.

Raz_Fox
2008-11-23, 05:23 PM
Ryuii Rvia shrugs. "Tamper with it at my own peril, eh? Sounds like an invitation to me..." He fades away again.

And fades back into the world smirk and emerald eyes first. He crouches before the box and whispers to it, words full of his divine power.

You exist, you exist, you exist, youdon'texist, youexist, you exist, you exist."

There is a flicker, barely a microsecond long, barely a blink even in the hightened senses of the gods, not nearly long enough to allow the spirits inside to escape or set off any divine trap. You would have to have all the luck in the world to grab something in that microsecond...

Ryuii Rvia Sylcor juggles the two souls between his fingers for a moment, before hiding them somewhere in his red-and-black vest. "Well, I didn't think I could actually pull that off..."

What can I say? Ryuii Rvia's bored, and he's already made his totem animal - to be revealed later.

Hope I didn't trample on your plans there, Aergoth, but he won't reveal his creations until the opening of the box. Just to make sure things work out...

Earl of Purple
2008-11-24, 01:02 PM
Morphos

Of course I shall make you a Moon Prihuhara! What shape, size colour do you wish it to be? Also, what material should it be made of? said Morphos. Then, Morphos created a creature, somewhat hippolike in appearance, and gave them the ability to change their form completely whilst not giving them true intelligence. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work, as without the ability to consciously use their abilities, they instantly dissolved into a constantly changing beast of weird anatomy. Oh, Moon!

((Basically, Morphos just accidentally created the Chaos Beast without intending to.))

Raz_Fox
2008-11-24, 02:24 PM
Ryuii Rvia retired to the islands he split off from a continent. They are lush and fruitful, with birds flitting between the trees, fish attracted to the warm bays and his new creatures padding along their own paths.

One of them greeted him, leaping upon him when he returned. Its fangs bit shallowly on his arm, its black-furred body bearing him down to the ground. He grinned, and hugged it. "Hey there, Batera, lord of panthers! How are you doing today? Feeling good? C'mon, follow me and I'll show you what I'll be working on."

He strolled along the hidden paths, Batera at his side. Finally they arrived at the house that Ryuii Rvia had built for himself - a sprawling mansion made of trees growing together and matted reeds upon the floors. He continued through several rooms before coming to the center of the house - an open-roofed courtyard that the house was built around.

There, he sat down on a wooden bench and began to weave together his creations with rainbow threads of divine power. It would take weeks to get the two right, so he'd take his time and do his best work. As with everything he did, it was enjoyable work, watching as slowly his creations came together. They would be beautiful, lucky, have true friends, would fall to temptation and be redeemed. He disliked having to include sorrow and the chance to fall into darkness, but unless they were in the design there could be no true joy, no true redemption and forgiveness. They would have a streak of law and a streak of chaos, the ability to build cities and true friendships while still being able to create their own countries and choose their own path in life. They would love play and games, but they would also be able to find enjoyment and pleasure in necessary and proper work, finding honoring and laboring to help those around them would be the source of the truest joy. And they would be able to defy destiny, and they could go wherever they wished, do whatever they set their minds to.

It would take a long time to finish and mastercraft them, but oh! it would be worth it. It would be worth it indeed. The souls kept in his vest thrummed with power, as they sensed their bodies being created, but they would have to wait until the creatures were perfected.

Gourtox
2008-11-24, 04:25 PM
Prithuhara

"I would like the moon to be black sphere shaped moon with a red tinge to it and I want it to be made of stone and be a quarter of the size of the planet." he says now eager to make his moon.

Earl of Purple
2008-11-25, 03:41 PM
Morphos

All right then, I shall create your moon. Morphos then created the moon to Prithuhara's specifications, although he didn't see the point of round. Never mind, it was obviously a popular shape. He went to see how the creatures he had created were doing. They were omnivorous, so were surviving quite well, even if it was only in the plains. They were now reproducing too, by splitting in half. Well, you creatures really are chaotic beasts, aren't you? Hmm... Chaos beast, should I call them? Yes, I believe I will. said Morphos to nobody in particular.

((they don't have the ability to turn people into more Chaos beasts, btw))

Aergoth
2008-11-26, 11:39 AM
Finally finished with the roll of names, Thelyl sat down and worked with what he had. From the stone of the moon he built the frame of his creation. Scraps of paper with notes in the all-tongue formed it's hide. The curious mannequin would to. As Thelyl finished, the scraps of writing began to glow, and shift.
Interesting. Very interesting.

Gourtox
2008-11-26, 03:26 PM
Prithuhara

"Thank you Morphos." he said then went to his moon. He began carving intricate tunnels and caverns within the moon."Once these souls are released I will create my minions.

Earl of Purple
2008-11-26, 03:53 PM
Morphos

Glad you like it. Don't really see the point of round though. Said Morphos to Prithuhara. Then, because he was rather bored, Morphos found some wet clay, made one hundred worm-shapes out of it. They were largely scavengers, and were not aggressive, but they could change form if they felt threatened, and they instinctively knew how to control it, so they wouldn't turn into mini-chaos beasts. They rarely ventured out at day, because they dried out quickly. Morphos named them 'boggarts', and they were harmless, using their form-changing to intimidate their foes defensively rather than as an offensive measure.

ArlEammon
2008-11-28, 12:27 AM
Lukhan's enchantment on the sun shined force on the land again... this time, mysterious, bright balls of light appeared..... These will-o-wisps, the essence of magic, could be found roaming the world. It was unknown what their purpose would later be.

Gourtox
2008-11-28, 07:31 AM
Prithuhara

"Hmm I only need souls for sentient beings." he says and then waves his hand to create mindless souless creatures. "I shall call you skeletons." he says picking up the creatures and putting them in the tunnels and caverns.

Earl of Purple
2008-11-28, 03:04 PM
Morphos

Morphos now named the wooden, cube moon Ranul, as it still didn't have a name. It also lacked life, so he created a fungus, which gained nutrition from the wood without destroying it, which then formed the basis of a food chain, containing boggarts and chaos beasts, as well as several other creatures.