PDA

View Full Version : [Silly Thread] An Ode to Bastards

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-21, 06:15 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of all readers of Order of the Stick, I would like to offer a hearty welcome to a guy who has made his debut in this comic: The Bastard Sword.

For too long in this comic, the 1d10 damage slot has been filled by his cousin the Katana. Now we see them as the SRD intended them to be portrayed: Long and Straight!

Samurai Jill
2008-11-21, 08:04 AM
I like katanas.

Shatteredtower
2008-11-21, 09:24 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of all readers of Order of the Stick, I would like to offer a hearty welcome to a guy who has made his debut in this comic: The Bastard Sword.

Son of a tanner's daughter, your title had me fooled. I thought this was a tribute to the wielder, not its weapon.

I like katanas.

I'm a sucker for saps, myself. Wait, that came out wrong...

someonenonotyou
2008-11-21, 09:31 AM
i like sword:smallbiggrin:

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-21, 09:51 AM
Son of a tanner's daughter, your title had me fooled. I thought this was a tribute to the wielder, not its weapon.

I see what you did there with your William the Bastard/Duke of Normandy/The Conqueror/I of England reference. :smallamused:

Austran
2008-11-21, 10:27 AM
All hail the mighty Bastard Sword!

Flame of Anor
2008-11-21, 11:24 AM
My gnome bard-fighter dual-wields a bastard sword and a short sword. That makes him actually marginally effective in combat, so yay bastard sword!

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-21, 11:29 AM

This reference pleases me. :smallbiggrin:

Hooray for crazy bastard swords!

King of Nowhere
2008-11-21, 11:47 AM
The bastard sword is the perfect weapon for the bastard swordsman.

Shatteredtower
2008-11-21, 12:21 PM
I see what you did there with your William the Bastard/Duke of Normandy/The Conqueror/I of England reference. :smallamused:

Is it worth a little applause? Can I maybe get a hand and a half?

This reference pleases me. :smallbiggrin:

My gratitude to you both for legitimizing the post.

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-21, 12:34 PM
Whose spirit are you invoking to get these puns? Carlos from Magic School Bus? Punsy McHale? Richard Whitely?

Shatteredtower
2008-11-21, 12:47 PM
Whose spirit are you invoking to get these puns? Carlos from Magic School Bus? Punsy McHale? Richard Whitely?

Now I thank you for introducing me to a few new names and the readings that go with the introductions.