PDA

View Full Version : free mmos

nhbdy
2008-11-21, 11:33 AM
Yeah, i know, people beat this subject to death, but i was looking for a good free MMO, i have done a lot of them, and i was wanting suggestions on ones that are good, so any help would be appreciated.

off the top of my head, i can name these that i have played
Runescape :smallyuk:
flyff
rappelz (i probably spelled it wrong)
eternal lands
planeshift
voyage century
tales of pirates
gunz
knight online

and i am looking at sword of the new world, i heard it was free, and i heard it isn't, does anyone know about it?

thank you for your time

Thanatos 51-50
2008-11-21, 11:46 AM
Guild Wars and Dungeon Runners are both free-to-play.

The only price associated is actually buying the program, unless you can find a way to download it for free somewhere, you pirate.

Guild Wars is good and fun, I haven't played the Eye of the North expansion, but Prophecies (The original) has a nice, even difficulty curve steadily ascending so that you hit the Cap towards the end of the storyline missions (OH! It has a storyline!).
Factions and Nightfall both cause you to hit the cap rather quickly, probably to appease the players who have been playing for a while and want to play the majority of those storylines. They're both stand-alone, if thats your thing.

Eye of the North, however, is tacked onto the Prophecies region and is not Stand-alone.

I have not played Dungeon Runners, although I have looked at the box and it loks rather spoof-tastics.

Istari
2008-11-21, 03:23 PM
Archlord is totally free

Castaras
2008-11-21, 03:28 PM
Anarchy Online.

Even if you're a froob, then you have lots of fun. Take a look. It's quite complicated, but a helluvalot of fun. =)

Starshade
2008-11-21, 07:26 PM
Anarchy Online is a fun game, if a bit old, and one of the most complex mmo's.
The free part is the old game, without the new expansions Shadowlands and alien Invasion, but the old part is still quite fun. :smallsmile:

busterswd
2008-11-21, 09:54 PM
Sword used to be free up until level 20, with a payout structure after that.

Now it's free up to the max level. If you WANT, you can unlock special classes and items with cash though.

Thane of Fife
2008-11-21, 10:15 PM
Urban Dead is free. Though it may not be what you're looking for (it's sort of like a text-based MMO).

Nohwl
2008-11-21, 10:41 PM
i just downloaded rappelz and im trying to extract it now. it keeps saying its not responding halfway through the extraction. its getting annoying.

i got it!