PDA

View Full Version : The Order should "stick" together again!

Blue_Bear
2008-11-21, 01:34 PM
Really!

Right now almost every character is running (whatever) around by himself! Pure roleplay nightmare! A bunch of solo adventures! Where shall this lead to? I'd like to see some interaction between the order's members, and I don't mean long-distance-relay communication.
They would be so much more powerful as a group, even Bozzok wouldn't stand a chance. And it slows the whole story down, extremely. I guess we'll be way beyond 700 before we have seen what V, Elan/Durkon (I bet they split up soon), Roy, Celia, Haley, Belkar and oh, all the other semi-important characters do ON THEIR OWN!

The comic itself is great, I like it very much.

Well, I just needed to say this.

Niley
2008-11-21, 01:40 PM
You're ABSOLUTELY right!

B.I.T.T.
2008-11-21, 01:41 PM
They'll eventually get back together, probably. But it needs to make sense storywise.

Morty
2008-11-21, 01:45 PM
Well, you've said it. And what now? It's not like it's going to somehow force Giant is going to suddenly pull off a ridiculous Deus Ex Machina to get the OOTS back together, not to mention that Order interacting with someone else than one another is a welcome change of pace. Also, I'm betting that V won't be returning to the rest of them for a long time even after Roy is ressurected and the rest of the Order is together again.

Scion_of_Darkness
2008-11-21, 05:21 PM
Well its not that unlikely. What needs to happen is:

The Cleric of Loki raises Roy
Qarr, in order to get back on the ship, convinces V to take him on board
Durkon gets the sending and asks Hinjo to go to rescue Haley and the others (with no port willing to take the refugees in, its not like there is anything else to do)
Roy, Haley, Belkar, and Celia need to hold their own against the thief's guid and other enemies until the boats arrive

Flickerdart
2008-11-21, 06:35 PM
Cleric of Loki can't raise Roy, he doesn't have True Resurrection. He only has the one scroll of Resurrection that they need the body for, and they're not exactly a capable party against Constructs. Or at all. Belkar is at least 3 levels below Bozzok, and outnumbered, too. And unoptimal. The rogue slugfest will take a little while to resolve, and getting the body back would take even longer.

Forealms
2008-11-21, 06:48 PM
Belkar is at least 3 levels below Bozzok.

There is no way the head of the Thieves' Guild is NOT going to have invested more than a few levels in Rogue, so I'm willing to bet Belkar the Fighter 12+/ Barbarian 1+ can kick his ass, as long as he doesn't get sneak attacked.

rayne_dragon
2008-11-21, 07:00 PM
Given Belkar's previous spot checks.. I'd be surprised if Bozzak didn't get a sneak attack for just standing in front of Belkar. On the other hand, Belkar's a devious little devil, so I see no reason he couldn't trick the theives until he has a good opportunity for his own attacks.

Flickerdart
2008-11-21, 07:00 PM
There is no way the head of the Thieves' Guild is NOT going to have invested more than a few levels in Rogue, so I'm willing to bet Belkar the Fighter 12+/ Barbarian 1+ can kick his ass, as long as he doesn't get sneak attacked.
Belkar is a RANGER, not a Fighter. He just happens to suck at being a Ranger.

Bozzok has to be Haley's level+3 of Rogue to SA her, plus probably a few Fighter/Barbarian levels for the martial proficiency. Crystal is a rogue of Haley's level. Belkar has never shown a very good planning skill. The two Rogues can flank him in the first round of combat, and both would get sneak attacks. That's Belkar's Hit Dice in d6'es, plus weapon damage. After that, it won't be too hard to take him down.

Now, if Loki Cleric had a scroll of Heal in his pocket to help the Belkster recover after that, he may be able to off Crystal in one turn, and then it's three against one and Bozzok will most likely retreat. The Guild mooks don't count: the Sexy Shoeless God of War can tear through them easy.

Kobold-Bard
2008-11-21, 07:12 PM

A halfling, however awesome, in a room full of rogues is going to be sneak attacked. A lot.

And he's ranger, not fighter.

NINJA'D :smallfurious::smalltongue::smallfurious:

Assassin89
2008-11-21, 07:16 PM
A good strategy for Belkar would be to trick Crystal and Bozzok into stabbing each other at the same time or the get it off me get it off me...stab. Belkar gets on Crystal or Bozzok and the other thief impales the rouge Belkar is on.

David Argall
2008-11-21, 07:21 PM
The Cleric of Loki raises Roy
The cleric lacks access to Roy at the moment, among other problems.

Qarr, in order to get back on the ship, convinces V to take him on board
Qarr wanted to get back on the ship to contact V. Since he can now contact V without bothering with the ship, he is not going to bother getting V to get him aboard.

Durkon gets the sending and asks Hinjo to go to rescue Haley and the others
It will take the fleet a week, or more, to get to Greysky City. Haley's current lifespan is measured in rounds. Durkon is just not going to get there in time.

Scion_of_Darkness
2008-11-21, 08:02 PM
They are pretty much in the same city as Roy's body. It shouldn't be too hard to obtain it. Especially if Belkar is allowed to threaten the golem maker.

Okay, I misread the strip. I thought Qarr wanted to use V to get back on the ship for another purpose. Either way, V is heading in the general direction of the party so there is a good chance she will find them eventually.

I never said Durkon will save Haley. (I am guessing that that honor belongs to Belkar). I just said that they will have to survive until Durkon does get there with Elan.

NerfTW
2008-11-21, 08:19 PM
I think the point of Roy's whole "This is a game of tag, and Durkon is the base" speech pretty much implies that the reunion is coming soon. Belkar has the curse removed, but a newfound reason to stay with the team (pretend to be good and keep their protection), Durkon now knows their location, and will likely inform V with a sending spell as well. Most likely Durkon and Elan head for Greysky, possibly with the help of Julio (Because it would be funny), they all reunite, raise Roy, and go after V.

Moff Chumley
2008-11-21, 08:27 PM
I think that #610 has implications that we shall see soon. (Does anyone else think that that was one of the more epic OotS's in a while?)

NerfTW
2008-11-21, 10:29 PM
I think that #610 has implications that we shall see soon. (Does anyone else think that that was one of the more epic OotS's in a while?)

It looks like it was the originally intended 599 or 600. Most likely Rich couldn't compress the story enough to get to it in time, so he put the gag strip in and let the story go on without shooting for a specific number.

Hydro Globus
2008-11-22, 04:50 AM
Bozzok has to be Haley's level+3 of Rogue to SA her, plus probably a few Fighter/Barbarian levels for the martial proficiency.

Incorrect. Bozzok's total level count must be at least Haley's level+3.

Flickerdart
2008-11-22, 10:15 AM
Incorrect. Bozzok's total level count must be at least Haley's level+3.
Uh, no.

This defense denies another rogue the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target does.
Since Haley is a pure Rogue, that means Bozzok needs to have 4 more Rogue levels.

Hydro Globus
2008-11-22, 10:21 AM
Right. Sorry everyone who I mislead. This part is suspiciously lost in the Hungarian PHb. And this is just another mistake - I myself has found at least 6 and I'm sure there are more, I don't know about all of them, so I believe you.

EDIT: does this mean that if Adam and Bob flank a rogue with Imp. Uncanny Dodge, they still get the +2 to hit?