PDA

View Full Version : Haley, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Thant
2008-11-21, 04:43 PM
I think that this scenario is becoming more likely with each strip after this one. If nothing, I belive that there'll be at least an improvement in relations between Belkster and (little:) miss Starshine. Huh playgrounders?

Hydro Globus
2008-11-21, 04:49 PM
Phew! First I thought you mean between Haley and Crystal...

B.I.T.T.
2008-11-21, 05:18 PM
Not sure if this is a spoiler, but it is long and boring...so....

Anyway things weren't really bad between Belkar and Haley until Belkar started killing at random. The way I see it, Belkar was held in check by Roy, but when Roy died it fell to Haley, as second in command, to be the one to hold Belkar in check. She was either unable, or somewhat unwilling to do so. So Belkar started cutting loose a bit on people he shouldn't have (Random the Gnome and the kobold oracle). This combined with the constant admonishments of Celia, who appears to be on the oposite side of the alignment spectrum as Belkar, caused an understandable rift between the two.

So with Belkar's attitude change may result in things going back to how they were before, because someone is holding Belkar in check, namely Belkar.

In short, things will chang to how they were before things changed.

Flickerdart
2008-11-21, 06:36 PM
Phew! First I thought you mean between Haley and Crystal...
This and the Haley's Latent Bisexuality thread, combined...:smalleek:

Samurai Jill
2008-11-21, 11:49 PM
Anyway things weren't really bad between Belkar and Haley until Belkar started killing at random.
...'started'? Was there some point where he 'stopped'!

Zevox
2008-11-22, 12:11 AM
...'started'? Was there some point where he 'stopped'!
No, but there was a time when Roy managed to keep him from doing it indiscriminately. See things like harvesting the kidneys of Goblin kids (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0101.html) or killing Elan for XP (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0125.html). Haley, however, seems incapable of that. Always has, actually, if their brief foray without Roy during the bandit incident (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0157.html) is any indication.

If I had to guess, it's probably a result of the fact that Roy is likely to be a better fighter than Belkar (similar level, but fighters get higher hp than Rangers, and a medium-size greatsword vastly outdamages two small-size daggers), while Belkar could almost surely take Haley unless she managed to sneak attack him. He knows he can get away with more with her, because she ultimately can't do much of anything to stop him.

Zevox

Guchalez
2008-11-22, 01:07 AM
I think the new Belkar's perpective of life will be good for the party relations, not just for Haley but for everyone.

Weiser_Cain
2008-11-22, 01:58 AM
No, Just no.

Captain Six
2008-11-22, 02:00 AM
This and the Haley's Latent Bisexuality thread, combined...:smalleek:

I've been trying to avoid thinking that about Haley and Celia. Alone in a scy-proof room for weeks with nothing to do. Only :belkar: barely conscious, often not, who could easily be turned toward a wall or something. :smalltongue:

Child Conscript
2008-11-22, 02:21 AM
I think that this scenario is becoming more likely with each strip after this one. If nothing, I belive that there'll be at least an improvement in relations between Belkster and (little:) miss Starshine. Huh playgrounders?

There probably wont be what you're suggesting, but Elan may see it that
way. as it was pointed out, I really don't think that even Elan would forget someone trying to kill you for xp, especially with his new-found leadership/seriousness/MALE TESTOSTERONE!!!.
(just have to wait for the book to come out with the explanation pages.

Flickerdart
2008-11-22, 10:08 AM
I've been trying to avoid thinking that about Haley and Celia. Alone in a scy-proof room for weeks with nothing to do. Only :belkar: barely conscious, often not, who could easily be turned toward a wall or something. :smalltongue:
I hope there aren't OotS fanfics, and if there are, that I never come across one.

Quorothorn
2008-11-22, 08:15 PM

...Why would you want to avoid thinking about it, exactly?

RosesOnConcrete
2008-11-22, 11:28 PM

Because apparently, even the idea of the canon couples doing anything above PG-13 squicks the majority of this forum something fierce. Femmeslash? Especially cross-species femmeslash? It would make their eyes fall out.

*has no problem with any of the above - my usual "OTP!" is best summed up as "orgy"*

Scarab83
2008-11-22, 11:38 PM
Because apparently, even the idea of the canon couples doing anything above PG-13 squicks the majority of this forum something fierce. Femmeslash? Especially cross-species femmeslash? It would make their eyes fall out.

*has no problem with any of the above - my usual "OTP!" is best summed up as "orgy"*

I read 'squick' as 'shlick'..

You can tell where my mind is wandering.

Corwin Weber
2008-11-23, 12:15 AM

That's what I was wondering.

Corwin Weber
2008-11-23, 12:17 AM

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.....

:D

Quorothorn
2008-11-23, 02:49 AM

But...this is the same forum which has produced the House of Horrors...does not compute.

Corwin Weber
2008-11-23, 02:52 AM
But...this is the same forum which has produced the House of Horrors...does not compute.

<thog>Forum full of amusing contradictions.</thog>

Quorothorn
2008-11-23, 02:01 PM
<thog>Forum full of amusing contradictions.</thog>

thog thinks greater degree of consistency would be positive alteration in the socio-political landscape of forum. on other hand, contradictions fun to smash with axe.

thog misses old axe.