PDA

View Full Version : Make the pyro?

shadow_archmagi
2008-11-21, 08:33 PM
So, I've got a gestalt game going with only two players. One is playing a spellthief 5/swordsage 5.

The other simply wants to be as much like the pyro from tf2 as possible. I *know* that once gaming actually starts, he'll actually RP relatively well and everything.

All races, all books, all everything allowed. How to do this?

Demons_eye
2008-11-21, 08:35 PM
Sword sage with lots of fire moves? Fire giant as race?

BRC
2008-11-21, 08:36 PM
Pyrokineticist PRC, make Refluffs as appropriate.

shadow_archmagi
2008-11-21, 08:38 PM
Pyrokineticist PRC, make Refluffs as appropriate.

And the other half of the gestalt? Pyrokineticist looks terrific.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-21, 08:38 PM
Classes with fire ability, off the top of my head with no book references include:
Warlock
Swordsage
Wilder
Wilder/Pyrokenetecist
Sorcerer
Wizard
Warmage
Duskblade

Mix&Match to your hearts content.

monty
2008-11-21, 08:45 PM
It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but the Pyro template from Savage Species (under Multiheaded) would certainly make an interesting character. 3d6 breath weapon per head and immunity to fire, along with all the multiheaded stuff.

Thurbane
2008-11-21, 09:13 PM
Hmmm, Duskblade/Warmage going into the Elemental Savant PrC, with the Fiery Burst reserve feat?

Fax Celestis
2008-11-21, 09:22 PM
Dragonfire Adept: at-will fire breath weapon, plus some invocations. Cha-based. Make the other side something beefy and Cha-centric, like Crusader or Knight, and go to town.

RTGoodman
2008-11-21, 09:24 PM
Definitely not optimized, and I don't know anything about TF2, but what about Warlock/Hellfire Warlock//Wilder/Pyrokineticist? Starting at 6th level, a Warlock can grab that Lesser invocation where the Eldritch Blast deals fire damage and can catch stuff on fire, and he can use the Wilder stuff for more utility powers (if there are any) rather than specifically for blasting. Pyrokineticist gives various fire-related stuff and the Fire Lash, and Hellfire Warlock is always good. (Especially if there's some Wilder power that can heal ability damage; I don't know enough about Psionics to know if there is or not.) Plus, Charisma works for all the different parts, with help from Dex and Con.

EDIT: Or Fax's idea - Dragonfire Adept probably works MUCH better than Warlock.

Thurbane
2008-11-21, 10:06 PM
Dragonfire Adept: at-will fire breath weapon, plus some invocations. Cha-based. Make the other side something beefy and Cha-centric, like Crusader or Knight, and go to town.
Nice.

I just thought of another PrC to throw into the mix: the Elemental Warrior from the Planar Handbook.